Page 28 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2324252627282930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: Make a Coachella Lineup In Retrospective - COMPETITION!

Default Re: Make a Coachella Lineup In Retrospective - COMPETITION!

Kinda hurts my eyez
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by Natatit View Post
    Such a hater. LIke I care what some shit talking monkylipd internet douche is typiing about. Just because your mom taught you how to suck dick at a young age doesnt mean everyone does it for a living. Graphic design is not just about making posters but you wouldn't know that because your hats cutting of your circulation to your brain.
    Do you find that as a graphic designer you get a lot of requests for The Ugliest Fucking Design Ever Conceived? Is that, like, a niche you've carved out for yourself? Are you also a caterer who specializes in desserts that taste like dirt had a shit?

Quote Originally Posted by abbeyroad 04 View Post
    My 3rd try. This time 1978. See also 1986 and 1993. Going for the space age look that was so popular in the late 70's.

I think the "space age" look is actually just blurry. Might want to find a way to make that a more defined extra dimensional quality. Also no way Kiss headlines over Abba. Abba were insanely fucking huge.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Quote Originally Posted by TerminallyCHILL View Post
    It's Lynyrd Skynyrd.
    thanks for the catch! i've edited my typo.

After a bunch of research, i've updated my '92 poster; there are many many changes - Any suggestions or criticisms? Id be grateful to hear them..

http://coachella.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=465
    Originally Posted by bobert
    With a little help from LSD and Tool, I found God at Coachella.......

Quote Originally Posted by theBeatJesus View Post
    1976:
    This poster is great (but I agree the visuals need updating.) I like that you have Franki Valli and the Four Seasons, too. There's a lot of variety here.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

updated 1974. fixed typo.

Quote Originally Posted by ranchito View Post
    updated 1974. fixed typo.
    Have you tried using the Eurostile font like the real Coachella poster? This shit is practically unreadable because the thin font strobes out against the weird background.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Do you find that as a graphic designer you get a lot of requests for The Ugliest Fucking Design Ever Conceived? Is that, like, a niche you've carved out for yourself? Are you also a caterer who specializes in desserts that taste like dirt had a shit?

I think the "space age" look is actually just blurry. Might want to find a way to make that a more defined extra dimensional quality. Also no way Kiss headlines over Abba. Abba were insanely fucking huge.
    Its the "warp speed" effect I'm going for. As for ABBA/KISS, it could go either way. Kiss was also way huge back then. Toys, movies, comic books. Come on, you have to admit it could happen. Neil Diamond is what I think makes it, and again some good low on the list names no one else came up with or even knows. All 3 of my posters also have about 100 artists like the real thing.

Heres my submission for 1980. I chose the year because its the year I was born.
    As for the musicians, So what about the order and whos headlining. This is a fictional spoof of an event. THeres alot of good line ups that could go on forever. I made sure to use the header, the eurostile font and made a lil mountain for those. I see some defects in it but I am only in this for the creativity and ticket. If I win, that would be awesome. This was made with Ai
    Let the criticism begin.....

You spelled Toots & the Maytals wrong. Also...why WoUlD a PoStEr EVer hAVe tHat type of lettering? No one wants visual abuse.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Its the "warp speed" effect I'm going for. As for ABBA/KISS, it could go either way. Kiss was also way huge back then. Toys, movies, comic books. Come on, you have to admit it could happen. Neil Diamond is what I think makes it, and again some good low on the list names no one else came up with or even knows. All 3 of my posters also have about 100 artists like the real thing.
    Actually it couldn't go either way. In 1978 Kiss was Kiss. Abba was the pop equivalent of Led Zeppelin. They're one of the absolute most popular groups ever. The only acts that have sold more albums than Abba are Michael Jackson, Elvis, and The Beatles. That's how big we're talking.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    You spelled Toots & the Maytals wrong. Also...why WoUlD a PoStEr EVer hAVe tHat type of lettering? No one wants visual abuse.
    Thanks for the typo find. If you seen this flyer either on the ground or handed out, people are going to stare at it and wanna figure it out. Its made to draw looks so people would wanna come to the event...It HaS tHat tyPe oF LetTerIng so it meSses wiTh you.
    I will update it later this week, This was just a first draft I did while i was recording a seminar. I didnt spend days on it let alone hours, I wanted fast and loud
    Last edited by Natatit; 01-31-2010 at 01:53 PM.

No one would ever look at that on the ground. They would step on it. That kind of lettering is something only 15 year olds do.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Last edited by theBeatJesus; 02-02-2010 at 06:16 PM.

There. That's my submission.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Oh look, Brokendoll did something visual and stupid.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Oh look, Brokendoll did something visual and stupid.
    Wow, I thought it complimented all your shitstained opinions actually. Maybe I should try a more obnoxious shade...
    Last edited by BROKENDOLL; 01-31-2010 at 03:20 PM.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

No, actually what I and anyone else on this board think is that it's absurd that you put forth the time and effort to create visual renditions of such uninteresting statements. It makes it that much dumber that you go to all the trouble of creating pictures to communicate sentiments as lamebrained as "shut the fuck up, Monklish."

So in effect, I think I'm worth less.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

No, actually what I and anyone else on this board think is that it's absurd that you put forth the time and effort to create visual renditions of such uninteresting statements. It makes it that much dumber that you go to all the trouble of creating pictures to communicate sentiments as lamebrained as "shut the fuck up, Monklish."

So in effect, I think I'm worth less.
    its equally absurd as you putting forth the time and effort to needlessly bash everything. and you're statements are equally uninteresting. and it couldn't have taken any more time to make that thing than it does for you to scratch your ass while you type the same thing over and over and over and over
    no coachella for me this year. lineup is too weak to fly coast to coast.

I type my slams of you chumps in roughly 15-30 seconds per post tops. If she made that in 30 seconds I'll jerk off into my hat and then eat it.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

I type my slams of you chumps in roughly 15-30 seconds per post tops. If she made that in 30 seconds I'll jerk off into my hat and then eat it.
    Star jerking, asshat.

Yeah, who's ever had of Tom Petty or The Cure?

Also, you don't get points for an original headliner when said headliner totally blows and would never be at coachella in any year.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Star jerking, asshat.
    I'll bet if you made an image out of that sentence it would be totally funny.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

I'll bet if you made an image out of that sentence it would be totally funny.
    Your right about that, except the program I use doesn't scale down that small, sorry.

Well usually all you do is do a fancy and ugly painting of the words you mean to say. You never really show anything, you just have a picture of some grotesque bag shouting words. You could do that.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

I think I'm worth less.
    Holy shit! This is the first accurate thing you have said in this thread yet!

Well usually all you do is do a fancy and ugly painting of the words you mean to say. You never really show anything, you just have a picture of some grotesque bag shouting words. You could do that.
    I know I can, asshole...

Coachella Junkie

I type my slams of you chumps in roughly 15-30 seconds per post tops. If she made that in 30 seconds I'll jerk off into my fedora and then eat it.
    Corrected.

Coachella Junkie

Oh, and just wanted to say that watching the new lurkers fight with Monk is arguably just as entertaining as this contest.

Quote Originally Posted by im so indie View Post
    1997:

Tool has really hit their stride with Aenima; Radiohead unveils a couple songs from their upcoming album OK Computer; Jeff Buckley takes a break from recording Sketches for My Sweetheart The Drunk to play Coachella, which would tragically be his final performance; Daft Punk plays their first US festival (sans robot masks); Echo & The Bunnymen reunite for a tour; The Flaming Lips attempt their Zaireeka experiment; and Prince is no longer named Prince.

Tool and RATM wouldn't headline considering they would've headlined two years later.

Heres my submission for 1980. I chose the year because its the year I was born.
    As for the musicians, So what about the order and whos headlining. This is a fictional spoof of an event. THeres alot of good line ups that could go on forever. I made sure to use the header, the eurostile font and made a lil mountain for those. I see some defects in it but I am only in this for the creativity and ticket. If I win, that would be awesome. This was made with Ai
    Let the criticism begin.....

WTF? Seriously, this is the worst poster I've seen yet. PF should fucking cancel your ticket just for this piece of shit.

bow wow wow
    Originally Posted by bobert
    With a little help from LSD and Tool, I found God at Coachella.......