Page 21 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: Make a Coachella Lineup In Retrospective - COMPETITION!

Default Re: Make a Coachella Lineup In Retrospective - COMPETITION!

Mods, I'd like to know when I can expect you to declare me the winrar? I have to start making plans for attending your festival for free. Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    Ok, after some hard work, here is my 1995 Coachella.

note: In 1995, NIN and David Bowie toured together on the "Dissonance Tour". NIN played first (though they were billed first). After NIN played a re-worked instrumental version of "Eraser", Bowie's band gradually came onto the stage to play 5 songs with NIN. Reznor and Bowie sang duet throughout this dual mini-set (including NIN's "Reptile" and Bowie's "Scary Monsters, Subterranean, and Hello Spaceboy"), with Reznor leaving the stage at the end for Bowie's band to perform their own set. NIN and Bowie's individual set lengths ended up being roughly equal. The joint set ended with new version of "Hurt", performed mostly by Bowie's band and sang by Bowie and Reznor.
    Edited because of a few spelling errors.

And Randy I like the poster. Well done.

I'm where the fun happens.
    If that's fun then I would really hate to see what isn't.

I'll phrase it another ways--Mods, if you just award me free tickets now I promise to leave this thread alone and generally act in a nice-ish fashion until after Coachella. Deal? I should think so.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

I'll phrase it another ways--Mods, if you just award me free tickets now I promise to leave this thread alone and generally act in a nice-ish fashion until after Coachella. Deal? I should think so.
    Well heck! If being a douche is all it takes to win free tickets then I'm kind of regretting spending all that time on a poster..

Nearly every band you chose has been used previously. Your headliners are hardly different. The ONLY thing I can give you props on was the use of Hunter S. Thompson.

Good evening, bitch.

The trick is to be a douche WITH a totally fucking awesome poster. Oh, and be surrounded by morons who keep churning out the same improbable array of 20 bands.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Quote Originally Posted by TerminallyCHILL View Post
    Nearly every band you chose has been used previously. Your headliners are hardly different. The ONLY thing I can give you props on was the use of Hunter S. Thompson.

Good evening, bitch.
    I don't think anyone had used any of these as headliners. Cheers, TerminallyIncorrect.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

I don't think anyone had used any of these as headliners. Cheers, TerminallyIncorrect.
    I didn't necessarily mean "as headliners." But at least second tier acts. I just figured, based on all your talk, you were going to have something far different.

Monklish's ego seems to be bigger than the internet itself.

Also...

just because they currently don't have similar headlining acts doesn't mean it would've been the same 30-40 years ago. Based on your poster, no one would know where that amazing festival would be held. Sucks to be anyone interested in 1973.

can i get some feed back on my posters?

i can post them any bigger ,are u adding as an attachment?
    and how do i use menkimati's landscape ,i cant make the background any bigger ?
    how do grab and paste it?
    Attached Images Attached Images

You can't get that much different. Although I don't recall seeing Alice Cooper anywhere. And in the interest of full disclosure, somebody else did beat me to the punch on using Elton as a headliner earlier today, but the year they put him in is way off. I can't just make up bands that never existed. My point is that it's fucking boring and silly to have it be Zeppelin, Floyd, The Who, Queen, etc over and over again. There's nothing interesting about putting together a lineup of the biggest bands on the planet that year.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Also...

just because they currently don't have similar headlining acts doesn't mean it would've been the same 30-40 years ago. Based on your poster, no one would know where that amazing festival would be held. Sucks to be anyone interested in 1973.
    I think I can add in the little bit that says Indio, thanks. And you're right, it doesn't necessarily mean they would have had the same high standards they have today 30-40 years ago. So I guess that means it's alright to turn in unimaginative drivel on the assumption that the festival would have been dumber in the past.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

and this one as well
    Attached Images Attached Images

You can't get that much different. Although I don't recall seeing Alice Cooper anywhere. And in the interest of full disclosure, somebody else did beat me to the punch on using Elton as a headliner earlier today, but the year they put him in is way off. I can't just make up bands that never existed. My point is that it's fucking boring and silly to have it be Zeppelin, Floyd, The Who, Queen, etc over and over again. There's nothing interesting about putting together a lineup of the biggest bands on the planet that year.

Well I agree of course but I have seen Alice Cooper as a 3rd tier I believe. I'll try to find it. Also, Elton John has been used quite a few times. I had him as a second tier on 2 of my '71's as did CDUBYA. I'm not criticizing your line-up. I guess I was just disappointed.

The trick is to be a douche WITH a totally fucking awesome poster. Oh, and be surrounded by morons who keep churning out the same improbable array of 20 bands.
    I feel honored. You may make fun of the fact that no matter how hard I try I can't post a full size image, but no harsh words on my creative abilities or line-up choices. By the way as a Graphic Design teacher, I do this for a living and I teach photoshop to 14 year olds who, to be honest, aren't all that bright sometimes. What's so hard about it? C Dub Ya, by the way, has got the best posters so far, so take another look.

Well I agree of course but I have seen Alice Cooper as a 3rd tier I believe. I'll try to find it. Also, Elton John has been used quite a few times. I had him as a second tier on 2 of my '71's as did CDUBYA. I'm not criticizing your line-up. I guess I was just disappointed.
    Be disappointed all ya want. He was second tier in 71. In 73 he was headliner. Had I been faster in getting the poster done I possibly would've beat y'all to it, but it took a while to get the hang of things. Nonetheless, my poster shall be victorious. And look at how all the acts are actually feasible. It's just so attractive how much sense it makes. Look how there's something for everyone... ooooo...
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Quote Originally Posted by abbeyroad 04 View Post
    I feel honored. You may make fun of the fact that no matter how hard I try I can't post a full size image, but no harsh words on my creative abilities or line-up choices. By the way as a Graphic Design teacher, I do this for a living and I teach photoshop to 14 year olds who, to be honest, aren't all that bright sometimes. What's so hard about it? C Dub Ya, by the way, has got the best posters so far, so take another look.
    He works at a graphic design firm, I should hope he does. Photoshop is just an incredibly annoying GUI in my opinion. I work in IT and I can figure out almost any program just by fucking around, but nothing about the way that dickery dicks makes sense.

I was gonna help you post your poster properly, douchebag.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Be disappointed all ya want. He was second tier in 71. In 73 he was headliner. Had I been faster in getting the poster done I possibly would've beat y'all to it, but it took a while to get the hang of things. Nonetheless, my poster shall be victorious. And look at how all the acts are actually feasible. It's just so attractive how much sense it makes. Look how there's something for everyone... ooooo...
    I'm just glad you finally made a poster. You're not the only one with a feasible lineup but one of few I'm sure. It's sad that by the end of the contest, nearly everyone's posters are going to be the same. This should've been like a one week deal or so.

I'm really surprised you haven't tried to crush my shitty posters Monklish haha. I'm workin on another '71. I think I'll just keep doing the same year

He works at a graphic design firm, I should hope he does. Photoshop is just an incredibly annoying GUI in my opinion. I work in IT and I can figure out almost any program just by fucking around, but nothing about the way that dickery dicks makes sense.

I was gonna help you post your poster properly, douchebag.
    I appreciate that but I tried to do what you said and had no luck. I'm just dishing it back at ya bro. Don't get all worked up. Save that for the criticism of your work...

...and believe it or not I am self taught in Photoshop too. But good poster design is gonna be more about Art skills and design basics, not technology. That and line up choices, right. Who else has "A Lighter Shade of Brown"? Thats some obscure shit there.

Thoughts on mine then. Come on, I can take it.

I'm really surprised you haven't tried to crush my shitty posters Monklish haha. I'm workin on another '71. I think I'll just keep doing the same year
    Considering that you have The Rolling Stones subheadlining, you should probably do another one.

Here's the thing that's annoying about that--why in the world would a festival pay all the fucking money to book TWO huge headliners on the same day? Rolling Stones can sell out anything on their own, have been able to since, what, 66? 67? If you could get The Rolling Stones for a specific day wouldn't that be the end of your headliner hunt?

I appreciate that but I tried to do what you said and had no luck. I'm just dishing it back at ya bro. Don't get all worked up. Save that for the criticism of your work...

...and believe it or not I am self taught in Photoshop too. But good poster design is gonna be more about Art skills and design basics, not technology. That and line up choices, right. Who else has "A Lighter Shade of Brown"? Thats some obscure shit there.
    I don't get worked up, man--everybody else does.

What do you mean you tried to do what I said? Look, try and post it again even it it fails so that I can see what's wrong with your BB code.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Quote Originally Posted by LenBeMyName View Post
    After reading this thread I have a couple thoughts I'd like to share.*

I would like to ask the people behind this contest to sponsor another one for the sole purpose of shutting the unbearable pie hole of the one calling himself monklish. Putting aside his laughably outgrown sense of self, his opinions on others posters are not only boring and repeatative, but lacking simple common sense.*

I therefore suggest another contest be held. This time the rules ask for the most obscure and unlikely of bands to headline a past and fictional Coachella. Perhaps a G.G. Allen would make the perfect headliner for example. Perhaps this would satisfy monkdick's insatiable need for imagination from his fellow Coachella fans.*

Forget your urge to put the biggest names in rock music at the top. Our goal is to show our imagination and most importantly satisfy the mighty monklips. If only those behind Coachella only had such vivid imaginations as does monkdip, perhaps they would have run the festival into the ground. Who wants to sell tickets by placing the biggest and*most popular bandss as headliners? We want to show our imaginations off. And hopefully monkpiss would then be able to sleep at night without worrying about the pitiful top choices like Pink Floud, Beatles, Led Zep, Stones, etc. Heaven knows these are lousy choices. Who wants to see such obvious bands anyway? And who would dare choose them for an imaginary festival from an imagnary past? Certainly not I.

If we all band together and with the same spirit in which Coachella is held every year agree to either participate in such a contest or collectively hold our virtual hands together and swear a solemn vow to ignore the insufferable monkturd, we can resume our daily lives with just that much leas stupidity, negativity, and waste of keyboard strokes. Isn't that what Ciachella is all about anyway?

P.S. Is the picture we all see the real monkpuss? Would this waste of cum actually embarrass himself like this and use his real face to only expose himself while walking the polo grounds of Indio? I doubt it. I wish to send a note to the sorry sap whose face is being used in such a scandalous manner. He really should be notified. *
    I had Alice Cooper. Page 14.

Thoughts on mine then. Come on, I can take it.
    Fucking here. Here's how you do it.

Now then, having GnR sub under Nirvana is fucking ridiculous. GnR were, like it or not, the absolute biggest band in the rock world the years they were active.

Quote Originally Posted by LenBeMyName View Post
    I had Alice Cooper. Page 14.
    Nobody cares.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Fucking here. Here's how you do it.

Now then, having GnR sub under Nirvana is fucking ridiculous. GnR were, like it or not, the absolute biggest band in the rock world the years they were active.
    Also, although it's certainly a nice change of pace, I think you might be taking a rather large risk in going with the ol' poisoned wasteland motif.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Considering that you have The Rolling Stones subheadlining, you should probably do another one.
    Oh, I know. Those were my first ones before I really started doing the research and seeing everyone else's work. I'm working on another with less obvious acts. Still one's to be expected but not huge.

Quote Originally Posted by foxydj View Post
    can i get some feed back on my posters?

i can post them any bigger ,are u adding as an attachment?
    and how do i use menkimati's landscape ,i cant make the background any bigger ?
    how do grab and paste it?
    a lil help,can you make my posters bigger monklish?

It's "Eric B. & Rakim"