Page 29 of 120 FirstFirst ... 2425262728293031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: Make a Coachella Lineup In Retrospective - COMPETITION!

Default Re: Make a Coachella Lineup In Retrospective - COMPETITION!

Quote Originally Posted by bdfsh View Post
    bow wow wow
    Dude, mine's coming either tonight or tomorrow. Working 10 hour shifts everyday plus more since I got wind of this contest doesn't give me much time to work on a poster.

Quote Originally Posted by Natatit View Post
    This one makes my eyes feel like someone threw up pic art and text into them. It hurts. Sorry dude.

Quote Originally Posted by apostle2 View Post
    Yeah, who's ever had of Tom Petty or The Cure?

Also, you don't get points for an original headliner when said headliner totally blows and would never be at coachella in any year.
    I used Tom Petty back on page 5. You're right, not all that original.

I was liking a lot of these entries but some of them hurt my eyes.

I don't think I'll win for 1994 but I feel good knowing I haven't had any blaring errors that I've been called on other than needing to adjust my header.

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Dude, mine's coming either tonight or tomorrow. Working 10 hour shifts everyday plus more since I got wind of this contest doesn't give me much time to work on a poster.
    ha, i was sayin bow wow wow to his poster - i have no clue why he wrote that on there.

how about you do a 93?
    Originally Posted by bobert
    With a little help from LSD and Tool, I found God at Coachella.......

Hold on. Why does Natatit's aberration of poster say "Approved" on it? Did you give your own poster a stamp of approval? Jesus Christ.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    I type my slams of you chumps in roughly 15-30 seconds per post tops. If she made that in 30 seconds I'll jerk off into my hat and then eat it.
    Jesus fucking christ Randy,
    do you not have anything better to do than being the board critic/mod/masterasshole/attention whore?
    What a miserable life you live. Thank God that I will never be as brilliant/articulate/or be able to suck my own cock as you do. Nobody can, has or will ever come close to being the cynical fuckwad that you are. I would rather put a fucking bullet in my head than to be anything like you. Cynicalism at its finest . Sure you may have a large group of brainwashed sheep following you and giving you the attention you so desire. There are even those who try to be (imitate) you. The followers.
    The flock and the sheep herder. The lambs are lost without you Randy. They missed you and were truly lost for the few weeks that you were gone.
    It was nice while it lasted and I wish you had never come back. I can only imagine that your mother feels much the same way.
    Last edited by Suffacated; 01-31-2010 at 05:00 PM.

i thought there were rules against harassment and trolling; but he seems to work around them somehow. but i guess if the mods dont mind him cluttering up the threads with bullshit, then whatever, ill just ignore him.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    Cynical ism at its finest
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Took you longer than 30 seconds.

Oops, my bad. Thanks

Here's my poster, with GREEN DAY headlining. I'm going to do another poster with a different background also.

Last edited by MsGreenDayGirl; 01-31-2010 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Fixed Matchbox 20 on two days!

Quote Originally Posted by MsGreenDayGirl View Post
    Here's my poster, with GREEN DAY headlining. I'm going to do another poster with a different background also.
    You forgot to put Matchbox 20 on Saturday.

Thanks for getting this thread back on topic...

msgreenday - you may want to think about a new lineup. these are horrible bands, only a few could ever even buy a spot to play at coachella..

at least she got missy elliott on there
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Quote Originally Posted by im so indie View Post
    You forgot to put Matchbox 20 on Saturday.
    Thanks - I forgot I moved them!

After all the talk of repeat bands, I decided to put a lot more acts that haven't been on every other poster. Sorry some of you don't like them.

Quote Originally Posted by apostle2 View Post
    Yeah, who's ever had of Tom Petty or The Cure?

Also, you don't get points for an original headliner when said headliner totally blows and would never be at coachella in any year.
    Um, it says SOME artists. Not all, some. I was also pointing out that I have large number of artists, where you might actually get more than 3-4 artists per stage per day. Not a lot are doing that, including the self important twat who was criticising it to begin with. He slams everyone but only has one poster, containing less than 20 per day, asks for help on how to do basic things and doesn't understand basic principles of design. If you don't like Neil Diamond, then that's your opinion. Good for you. Don't hate.

Eh, I like my background. The lamp is both 70s and pretty. Get stuffed on that front. The header has been changed on account of Menik posting a useable white header. Check your link again, now it's busier at the top but the header looks better. As far as keeping the second day straight, I tried it some and didn't like how it looks. The background either needs to exist as it is or be done away with entirely. Look at the fucking Woodstock poster, it's mostly bird and other crap. As far as the date looking like a label, well, I don't see that as a problem. A real poster wouldn't need the fucking date displayed real big. This is a fantasy contest. I think the year looks better there getting confused for a label than it does on most of these.

The alignment could be smoother but that will come as the rest of the bands are filled out. And the white and black ovals were actually a fortuitous accident. I was making black ovals with dates on a separate white image and couldn't think of a better way to get them out them to try to match up an ellipse select. It didn't work perfectly, but the result looked better. I might clean it up, might not. As it stands, I got my day in the bag.
    Let me put this in words you might understand better:
    I hope that you understand that a fucking lava lamp doesn't make your fucking poster any better. Take a look at the 77 winner and see how he treats background designs. By saying that Woodstock has the bird thing doesn't mean shit. Like I said before if its background, treat it as such. Only an asshole would want more people to look at the lamp than at the lineup when the lineup is so weak. While you may have some good acts, only 19 a day would suck ass for a real Coachella where there are 5 stages. So if you can't wrap your pea-brained little mind around that, then sorry - god luck with that win as it will only happen if the others omit theirs.

Replace Cross & Odenkirk with a two-hour set from Indomitable Spirit.
    Up Next: Cobra Starship, Gogol Bordello, Talib Kweli & Jean Grae

Who is to say there would be 5 stages. If you look at a lot of festivals they started a lot smaller than they are now. I would think that an old Coachella would likely have less acts and less days. That's how I did my poster.

You guys do realize that Monklish is enjoying that you get angry. I kinda think he's entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by JClemy View Post
    Who is to say there would be 5 stages. If you look at a lot of festivals they started a lot smaller than they are now. I would think that an old Coachella would likely have less acts and less days. That's how I did my poster.
    yes this is a good point, earlier years are more likely to have less acts- not to say you cant put 80+ bands on an older poster, but i dont think its necessary... althought i dont think it would be acceptable to have a mere 20-30 either.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfsh View Post
    yes this is a good point, earlier years are more likely to have less acts- not to say you cant put 80+ bands on an older poster, but i dont think its necessary... althought i dont think it would be acceptable to have a mere 20-30 either.
    That's a tough one. I think if you do a good job it doesn't really matter how many acts you have. I think the creativity is the most important but I'm not a judge.

I want to see another winner to see what they are looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by abbeyroad 04 View Post
    Let me put this in words you might understand better:
    I hope that you understand that a fucking lava lamp doesn't make your fucking poster any better. Take a look at the 77 winner and see how he treats background designs. By saying that Woodstock has the bird thing doesn't mean shit. Like I said before if its background, treat it as such. Only an asshole would want more people to look at the lamp than at the lineup when the lineup is so weak. While you may have some good acts, only 19 a day would suck ass for a real Coachella where there are 5 stages. So if you can't wrap your pea-brained little mind around that, then sorry - god luck with that win as it will only happen if the others omit theirs.
    I already explained that more acts would be coming. I happen to like the lava lamp. I'll take my chances with my opinions over your dopey bullshit, lurker.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

what do u think of this lineup monklish

Foxy, those are so small it's really hard to see the band names. Especially for 1995.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Quote Originally Posted by foxydj View Post
    what do u think of this lineup monklish

I know im not monktard, but I dont think there are enough people who have heard of jeff buckley for him to be a headliner. both now and back then.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Foxy, those are so small it's really hard to see the band names. Especially for 1995.
    this might be easier to read still having trouble with photo shop ive moved onto illistrator
    Attached Images Attached Images

FoxyDj- Not to be mean, but your lineup would be the most expensive ticket in the history of concerts. I mean, that's just ridiculous.

Also, there's no way in the world Jeff Buckley would come anywhere close to headlining. You can love him (which I do) and appreciate his showmanship and talent, but he died before achieving great popularity.

I do like the Page & Plant, although Monk would probably still be annoyed with the Led Zep headliner. And I hate Michael Jackson as a headliner on any of these post-1981. And Bruce Springsteen is misspelled. And Tupac Shakur was in jail from February 95 through the rest of the year.

But nice effort, and I like the landscape poster.
    Last edited by TomServo; 01-31-2010 at 07:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    I know im not monktard, but I dont think there are enough people who have heard of jeff buckley for him to be a headliner. both now and back then.
    thanks maybe swap him with the pumpkins

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    Uncalled for. You liked me until I ruined some kid's life.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Quote Originally Posted by TomServo View Post
    FoxyDj- Not to be mean, but your lineup would be the most expensive ticket in the history of concerts. I mean, that's just ridiculous.

Also, there's no way in the world Jeff Buckley would come anywhere close to headlining. You can love him (which I do) and appreciate his showmanship and talent, but he died before achieving great popularity.

I do like the Page & Plant, although Monk would probably still be annoyed with the Led Zep headliner. And I hate Michael Jackson as a headliner on any of these post-1981. And Bruce Springsteen is misspelled.

But nice effort, and I like the landscape poster.
    it is a crazy line up ,but like i said all these artists either produced an album,toured or reunited ,or were a new artist in the year leading up to that coachella ,as with all lineups coachella has been ahead of the game always knowing whats gonna be big next year ,1995 was a big year in music my line up shows that