Page 24 of 120 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Make a Coachella Lineup In Retrospective - COMPETITION!

Default Re: Make a Coachella Lineup In Retrospective - COMPETITION!

If you wanna turn the header white....just goto that layer's properties and select "color overlay"...and then tweak that to be whatever color you want, in this case, white. Of course this will turn that Indio logo (with the flags) completely white too, so make sure you duplicate the layer first, then just erase the whited out portion of that logo from the new white layer, so the colored logo will show through. Maybe that makes sense...maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by LenBeMyName View Post
    GnR were huge. When Nirvana broke big GnR were yesterdays news overnight. Everything on the radio was from Seattle. Nirvana killed Michael Jackson pop music and GnR hair bands. Grunge was the new pop and the hair bands stopped using hair spray. Who sold more albums is a weak argument for who deserves to headline. GnR never recovered from Nirvanas popularity. In 93 Nirvana would be the more sought after band. Up until 90 GnR was on top. Never again. Especially among the coachella crowd.
    Amen.

Also, can I offer a tad bit of advice to some of you...when choosing a background color that is bold/dark colored, please remember that black font will probably not look good on it...not enough contrast, and it makes it hard to read and not very easy on the eyes...if you choose a darker background, go with a lighter font color...and vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    I like how you dorks keep urging me to calm down as if I'm exerting a bit of energy about your crappy posters. You're right, it is make believe. It's fucking make believe if you really think that Axl would let anyone be billed over him.

Haha true that. Axl would fight Coachella to the death.

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Well the design is cool, so no complaints there. Not too sure about the Smiths headlining though. I mean I know they sorta got a cult following are really revered these days (just ask PassiveTheory), but headlining in 1986? Especially over Sting or Blondie? I dunno, that might be a bit of a stretch. Also I think U2 is billed a tad too low...I know they weren't headliners yet, but they were pretty damn big still at that point. Sunday...Talking Heads and Peter Gabriel again just seem billed too low....lineup is good I think, but billing needs a little tweaking, especially the top lines.
    Thanks. See that is how constructive criticism works. Note taken

So any of you Photoshop wizard motherfuckers want to tell me if there's a tool I can use to just highlight a specific color through an entire image? I need to get the Coachella header turned from black to white and copied onto my poster I guess. Short of going through the whole thing with a select tool--which doesn't even seem to work because I guess the pixels break down too small on the tiny words--isn't there some way to do this? There has to be some kind of "select everything that's black" right?
    Magic wand?

I wouldn't recommend the magic wand for changing colors on the header...the color overlay does the trick perfect.

I wouldn't recommend the magic wand for changing colors on the header...the color overlay does the trick perfect.
    My knowledge is still pretty limited. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by abbeyroad 04 View Post
    Here you go:
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/attac...6&d=1264837350

Dude, don't need to be so hostile. I'm not insulting you so relax. I'm actualy enjoying the debate. The sign of someone with no argument is insults so chill and enjoy a good debate. Its all for fun.
    God, shut the fuck up. Why don't you go hand out some trophies to a retarded tee-ball team with that all for fun shit. I don't come here for fun. I come here to have fun at other peoples' expense.

Everything Menik said is accurate. Also The Cars were fucking huge in the 80s, no way they're that low. Who the fuck is The Power Station? The Cars would easily sub at the very least if not headline. Blondie was fucking huge too, no way in hell The Smiths are over Blondie. The Ramones that high? Even at their most popular nobody really gave a fuck about The Ramones and it would be a shitty performance anyway. I'd be fucking pissed if The Ramones were taking up prime main stage time slots for their untalented jackoff session.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

I like how you dorks keep urging me to calm down as if I'm exerting a bit of energy about your crappy posters. You're right, it is make believe. It's fucking make believe if you really think that Axl would let anyone be billed over him.
    Now that is the best argument for why it might not have worked. Still, I'm not changing it cuz I don't wanna. na-na-na-na-na.

Only beef is I'm using GIMP instead of Photoshop so I have to figure out what I need to do to make this piece of cock do that. Wah. Thanks nonetheless.

Also when are we going to be declaring me the winner of 73? Soon, right? Thanks again.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Now that is the best argument for why it might not have worked. Still, I'm not changing it cuz I don't wanna. na-na-na-na-na.
    Enjoy losing. That'll really show me.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

I'm sure there has to be a color overlay option for layers in Gimp too....just play around and I'm sure you'll find it. Maybe double click the layers or something.

Quote Originally Posted by bdfsh View Post
    ....again, thanks for the tip.
    guessing you say that a lot.

God, shut the fuck up. Why don't you go hand out some trophies to a retarded tee-ball team with that all for fun shit. I don't come here for fun. I come here to have fun at other peoples' expense.

Everything Menik said is accurate. Also The Cars were fucking huge in the 80s, no way they're that low. Who the fuck is The Power Station? The Cars would easily sub at the very least if not headline. Blondie was fucking huge too, no way in hell The Smiths are over Blondie. The Ramones that high? Even at their most popular nobody really gave a fuck about The Ramones and it would be a shitty performance anyway. I'd be fucking pissed if The Ramones were taking up prime main stage time slots for their untalented jackoff session.
    The Ramones being that high doesn't mean main stage. Remember they could have been headlining a smaller stage. The Smiths are up there as a nod to all those people who want them to reuntie and headline every year. Same as Bowie. Just a little nod to all those mesage boarders. Do I think they would have headlined. Probably not, but you know where I stand on that. As for the Power Station they wew one of the 2 Duran Duran side projects, which were very popular at that time (see also: Arcadia) -Dick. oops did I say that out loud? What about the design? Do you have an educated opinion on art or are you just spending your hot air on music opinions?

Enjoy losing. That'll really show me.
    Let me see your designs, son. I need to vent too. A Link?

Got it. There's an actual select by color option. Boss. This program ain't bad.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Up for auction!

Original 1988 Coachella Music and Arts Festival poster. Excellent condition. Autographed by Michael Jackson, Nick Cave, Jerry Garcia and many more!

Starting Bid: One ticket to Coachella 2010

But seriously... if anyone out there sees anywhere I can make improvements... suggestions would be much appreciated!

Last edited by silence_as_sound; 02-03-2010 at 11:08 AM. Reason:

Quote Originally Posted by silence_as_sound View Post
    Up for auction!

Original 1988 Coachella Music and Arts Festival poster. Excellent condition. Autographed by Michael Jackson, Nick Cave, Jerry Garcia and many more!

But seriously... if anyone out there sees anywhere I can make improvements... suggestions would be much appreciated!
    Insanely original. Amazing job. I can read it all but of course it would be better at a larger scale.
    Last edited by TerminallyCHILL; 01-30-2010 at 10:14 PM.

The Ramones being that high doesn't mean main stage. Remember they could have been headlining a smaller stage. The Smiths are up there as a nod to all those people who want them to reuntie and headline every year. Same as Bowie. Just a little nod to all those mesage boarders. Do I think they would have headlined. Probably not, but you know where I stand on that. As for the Power Station they wew one of the 2 Duran Duran side projects, which were very popular at that time (see also: Arcadia) -Dick. oops did I say that out loud? What about the design? Do you have an educated opinion on art or are you just spending your hot air on music opinions?
    This is just a stupid fucking argument. Look, the point of a poster is to convey to people who the biggest draws in your festival are. If somebody's second billed, 95 percent of the time they're playing the main stage, and the other 5 percent they're Daft Punk or Love And Rockets. Whether or not you're doing it for the board members who love The Smiths is irrelevant. Would The Smiths headline today? Probably. Would they have in 1986? no. The Power Station were not as popular as you thought or I would have heard of them.

The design is fine. I don't really like how the color blocks stop short of where the bands continue but I remember that style of crap from the 80s.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Up for auction!

Nice artwork. I wish I could see it worth half a shit. Do you guys really have this hard of a time uploading stuff to flikr or tinypic? They give you forum code right there after you upload it.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Yeah, very cool design for 1988...but please upload a larger version for the benefit of everyone.

This is just a stupid fucking argument. Look, the point of a poster is to convey to people who the biggest draws in your festival are. If somebody's second billed, 95 percent of the time they're playing the main stage, and the other 5 percent they're Daft Punk or Love And Rockets. Whether or not you're doing it for the board members who love The Smiths is irrelevant. Would The Smiths headline today? Probably. Would they have in 1986? no. The Power Station were not as popular as you thought or I would have heard of them.

The design is fine. I don't really like how the color blocks stop short of where the bands continue but I remember that style of crap from the 80s.
    Thank you. Now was that so hard to do? I still wanna see your work.

Yeah, very cool design for 1986...but please upload a larger version for the benefit of everyone.
    I have been trying and just can't get it to work I don't know what the hell is going on. I am following steps and no luck. It just shows up as a link every time.

Thank you. Now was that so hard to do? I still wanna see your work.
    What are you talking about? My poster is up.

As far as not being able to post your image properly, post the fucking link and we'll show you how to do it you incompetent bag of cunts.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

yeah... trying to figure that out. can somebody tell me how to embed it? and you think 1986 is better?
    no sorry, meant to say 1988....I like your design a lot, but we need it bigger.

Submission for 1983 Coachella. Hope you all enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images

... I think Dani might need to add a tutorial on how to post images to the first post.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

What are you talking about? My poster is up.

As far as not being able to post your image properly, post the fucking link and we'll show you how to do it you incompetent bag of cunts.
    Can I get a link?

Son of a whore. Alright, I've been trying to get a legible version of the Indio California thing copied for a while now and it just doesn't work. the L and I in California are way too faint. By the time I flip them into white and copy they just don't show up. Any ideas?
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.