Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Can someone please put this question to rest for me...

Default Can someone please put this question to rest for me...

From the FAQ, am i under the impression that non-campers will be allowed to flow in and out of the campgrounds as they see fit? i REALLY hope thats not the case...
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Default Re: Can someone please put this question to rest for me...

Planning on RV Camping. I couldn't possibly see how that would ever be allowed. It would forever be remembered as Theifchella '10

Nips, I don't have an answer, but I can assure you, you're not alone on your thoughts. Maybe campers should get a wristband, and if they choose to bring guests, they have to be with them. In other words, no band, or person with a band as your host...no entry into campground.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Nips, I don't have an answer, but I can assure you, you're not alone on your thoughts. Maybe campers should get a wristband, and if they choose to bring guests, they have to be with them. In other words, no band, or person with a band as your host...no entry into campground.
    The only problem is monitoring that. Previously, after a day in the fest, we all walk back to the campgrounds, put our fist in the air to show our wristband, and security is content. Mix in people saying "These 5 people are with me, it's fine, blah blah" and re-entry to camping could become a cluster fuck.

Although, I'm also concerned with this open campsite possibility. But we have cars with locks this year.
    Sean Penn Acid Test 2008 - Legendary

2008 , 2009, 2010, 2011 , 2012 wk1, 2013 wk2. 6 years running!

Hell or highwater, fire and brimstone, not even cancer is powerful enough to keep me from Coachella!

thousands of people trailing through the camp grounds to continue the party @ the end of the night sounds like the worst case scenario, with regards if your shit isn't getting stolen.
    Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Yeah, I think that's what it means. It looks like you can roll into the campground if your friends are camping (if you're with them). In that case, anyone want to stash a case of beer for me in their tent?

Also, I'd totally lock my shit up.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I hope there's camping bracelets and you get them when you drive in, that seems like the most logical idea, if not everyone that isn't camping every time you come in bring a case of beer, please...

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

I'm curious what everyone has that they want to lock up. Sunscreen? Shampoo? Underwear?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

People are assholes. They'll steal anything.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Somehow at Bonnaroo every single festival attendee has access to the campground and riots don't break out. I think it's going to be ok guys.

I left a polaroid out camping in '07 and it didn't get stolen. Somehow I think if someone doesn't want to steal my camera they're not going to steal my clothes.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Polaroid film is too expensive. You can't expect robbers to maintain that shit.

The Hipster Burglers would.

True, they just want electronics so they can sell it quick and buy meth. Lock up your electronics in the car. Problem solved.

we need some of those Jurassic park fences.

Don't ever use Paul's name again in a posting. YOU GOT THAT YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKER? Paul was making his bones in the business back when you were just cum in your mother's ear.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Yeah, I think that's what it means. It looks like you can roll into the campground if your friends are camping (if you're with them). In that case, anyone want to stash a case of beer for me in their tent?

Also, I'd totally lock my shit up.
    Since I don't drink beer, you can have mine...There's just one small glitch though...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Bev, you're not helping. I mentioned meth and you appeared in less than 3 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Bev, you're not helping. I mentioned meth and you appeared in less than 3 minutes.

This is basically the question I posted earlier (http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35867 , and my concern was also about security) but based on the FAQ, you only need a festival pass to get inside the campground, hence, anyone with the festival wristband can go into the campground. ("will they actually do so" is another question - since cars parked overnight that don't have a camping parking pass will get towed).

Just remember to lock up any valuables - hah, and for me - yes "valuables" equals any electronics (think ipod/portable speakers) ... oh and of course beer!

actually, in prior years, my biggest "valuable" was the next day's ticket (I would never want to bring it inside since I was paranoid about losing it, and I hated leaving it in the car cuz I'd be parked too far away and it seemed too inconvenient and hot and disgusting to make that extra trek), but since it's just the one 3-day wristband now, I don't have to stress out about that so yay!
    COACHELLA 99-01-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I left a polaroid out camping in '07 and it didn't get stolen. Somehow I think if someone doesn't want to steal my camera they're not going to steal my clothes.
    I'm gonna be wearing your panties on my head.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

You could've stolen them three years ago if you wanted to. Why now? What changed?

You started using soap.

Don't we all go through a back-to-nature phase?

Here's my thought on this...

The campground will still be fenced. There's won't be signs that say "Hey everybody, come on in!" Most people don't read this message board. Those who do still can't seem to figure stuff out. And- perhaps this is why PF won't answer this question. Why advertise it?

I really doubt there will be hordes of people crashing the campground. As far as theft goes, most stuff will be locked in cars, and why are non campers less trustworthy than campers as a whole?

But yeah...keep starting threads to draw attention to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I'm curious what everyone has that they want to lock up. Sunscreen? Shampoo? Underwear?
    im concerned about the car im taking. last thing i need is drunk johnny dicklick putting something through my car window because they have nothing to lose since they're just passing through and not camping there. if this is what i think it means, the folks behind this snafu are asking for a swamp of trouble, and i will be one of the first to give it to them if i get fucked this year.
    looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

old school

we have cars to lock stuff in now... couldn't people have gone through and stolen shit before??

besides, what if you are camping on someone's car camping spot, but arrive later than said car? do you have to try and phone the person and wait for them to come to check-in?

but certainly, to all the people worried about thieves: certainly a festival ticket costs more than a camping pass..

in the past people could camp without even going to the festival.. wouldn't they be more likely to steal drugs and alcohol or whatever? this new system, everyone has to have a festival ticket for all three days..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

With the addition of ins and outs, I would rather have a camping bracelet type thing to filter out who's in the campgrounds...

Quote Originally Posted by Geno_guerrero View Post
    With the addition of ins and outs, I would rather have a camping bracelet type thing to filter out who's in the campgrounds...
    That seems like the only logical solution.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Geno_guerrero View Post
    i really don't get how that would change anything... would it just make you feel safer? i don't see how having a camping bracelet would reduce potential theft.. especially since it isnt' required to pay for camping regardless of whether or not you have a wristband..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

LOCK YOUR SHIT UP

as I am the dude who found someone else in his car at 4am...

He was tripping fucking balls though...
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies