Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Them Crooked Vultures? hmmm...

Default Re: Them Crooked Vultures? hmmm...

yeah, they are playing because they need the money :/

Quote Originally Posted by darkjustice View Post
    chumpy thread
    yeah

love the artists in their original bands but but not really doing anything for me

I am gonna hold out hope that Page and Plant come out and push Josh Homme off the stage.

just because they are a super group doesn't mean the make good music

I don't know if you guys actually know what music is. Because there album was definitely one of the best of 2009.
    And I have seen live videos and they kick ass.

Rule #5.

You guys are complete idiots, " no one loves you neither do I" is. One of the best sounding rock songs out there...simply respect the fact that these guys got together and decided to jam, and they are willing to perform live....

it's all too generic sounding

this was a _______ thread.

won't read again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Coach View Post
    I am gonna hold out hope that Page and Plant come out and push Josh Homme off the stage.
    I am gonna hold out hope that someone pushes you off of a cliff.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hendrixfan143 View Post
    it's all too generic sounding
    I would love a detailed explanation as to how this album is any way generic sounding
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

old school

Quote Originally Posted by stellarpoet22 View Post
    You guys are complete idiots, " no one loves you neither do I" is. One of the best sounding rock songs out there...simply respect the fact that these guys got together and decided to jam, and they are willing to perform live....
    Yeah, that's my favorite song on the album. I love when it gets really heavy at the bridge. So sick. Everything Homme does live is great. This will be a very good performance.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Lurker

I saw them @ ACL and it was alright, great to see JPJ, and Grohl on drums but I'll probably catch something different @ Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizbro.. View Post
    Aren't SNL performances notorious for being bad? I heard that TV on the Radio sounded like shit when they were on..
    The mix was horrible and rumor has it Josh was sick as hell.

Trust me, if you remotely like QOTSA or the TCV album, this is a show you want to see. JPJ breaks out at least 10 different instruments..

but then again less peeps means more room for me..on second thought they are going to blow and I wouldn't leave the Heinekin tent for em.

Maybe Audioslave and Velvet Revolver will come out and all you record label whores can show your nasty tits!!!!

I freakin' love TCV's album. Not at all generic, in fact the perfect combination of QOTSA, Foo and Led Zep....little bits of those bands popping up in all the songs.

I agree that they really weren't very good on SNL BUT I find most bands aren't when playing on shows such as SNL, Late night, etc, the sound is shit and when it's a rock band, they really aren't allowed to rock out that much. The vocals are too loud, the guitar is turned down, it's really just a mess on TV.

I have friends who just say TCV in New Zealand and they said they were amazing. That's enough for me. Can't wait to hear Reptiles and Gunmen live!
    My first novel, Darkhouse, has been published and is available here on Amazon. It has nothing to do with Coachella. Or vampires.

"Scumbag Blues" is NPR's Song of the Day http://bit.ly/tcv_npr

The show last night was ridiculous. They played the whole album and another song I didn't recognize. Seeing Dave play drums for the first time was cool too. Scumbag Blues was the first song where they really do any improvisation, so when JPJ did a little bass fill the crowd went crazy and he kind of laughed.

All the Saints opened and it seemed like pretty much the best day of their lives. Opening for a couple legendary guys in their own city. Dave Grohl probably has more houses than they have songs.

I'd definitely love to see them again.

This set will destroy the main stage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

This band is pretty cool. Can't wait to see Dave Grohl playing drums again + JPJ.

Yes, it is a super group... Yes, some of the members may be over rated... However! TCV is an awesome band that sounds like nothing else out there right now. Their album was amongst the best and most listened to by me in the past few months. Them Crooked Vultures!!!! Can't wait to see their live set.
    "Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts" -Albert Einstein

If you played this album for me and told me it was anyone but QOTSA, I would have punched you in the neck and called you a liar. I mean, it sounds waayyy too much like QOTSA. Lucky for me, I love them. So, yea, cant wait for this show.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydont View Post
    If you played this album for me and told me it was anyone but QOTSA, I would have punched you in the neck and called you a liar. I mean, it sounds waayyy too much like QOTSA. Lucky for me, I love them. So, yea, cant wait for this show.
    To me it sounds like what the follow up to Songs For The Deaf SHOULD have been. Yes, it's very QOTSA, but in the best way possible.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveChemicalPunk View Post
    This set will destroy the main stage.
    THIS.

Quote Originally Posted by arod2789 View Post
    ...whatever Josh Homme touches is gold.
    Agreed....The man is a genius. I can see how some people don't see it or even those that are just into his popular songs...these same people probably find it hard to connect Robert Johnson or any old blues for that matter to modern rock... Josh has always put out a style of rock that is unique and innovative as well as being solid instrument playing... I see the influence of JPJ and of course Dave is going to bring something to the drums that you'll hear, but I think that TCV is mostly Homme

Let's see how they sound on Austin City Limits. They are on that show February 13th, tomorrow night, PBS.

Their performance on SNL was aweful but their CD is quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post

2. If I am raving super hard, I will not buy you a frozen lemonade.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnydont View Post
    This band sounds HOMME-like.

listening to the ACL show now. i'm digging it. and, it's great to see Alain Johannes again (so miss Eleven). i understand the QOTSA comparisons...nearly impossible not to sound like them with Mr. Homme at the helm, ya know. but, a big difference is the drumming. props to grohl here but he ain't no joey castillo.

but, hey....how fucking good does JPJ look!? (not gay for him; just one geezer appreciating how another is aging...rock on, John)

I saw them play here in Portland back in November and the show was great. They played the entire album. Fantastic show, I would definitely recommend checking them out.