Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 266

Thread: Apple iPad

  1. #31
    old school york707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,781

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    I also love how everyone is declaring fail and being otherwise all butthurt disappointed with this when Apple made no claims one way or the other about what the product was.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

  2. #32
    Member PrettyRagdoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,030

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by jgonen View Post
    no camera = fail
    no flash = fail
    Iphone OS = fail
    Ipad = huge fail
    Exactly

    And let's add to that.

    No Multi-tasking = ridiculous fail

    Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

    Karma Police are coming for you


  3. #33
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,394

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I also love how everyone is declaring fail and being otherwise all butthurt disappointed with this when Apple made no claims one way or the other about what the product was.
    bingo. I was hoping I could part the oceans with it, but whatever.

  4. #34
    Member moomoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Orange
    Posts
    2,049

    Default Re: Apple iPad


  5. #35
    Member PrettyRagdoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,030

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I also love how everyone is declaring fail and being otherwise all butthurt disappointed with this when Apple made no claims one way or the other about what the product was.
    When you go around declaring this thing to be 'the best thing I've done' and saying it's 'better then a netbook.' You expect it to be able to do certain things

    Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

    Karma Police are coming for you


  6. #36
    Member moomoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Orange
    Posts
    2,049

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    it's a large iPod that lacks features and probably has very shitty battery life. I don't get it.

    not to mention AT&T.

  7. #37
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,394

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyRagdoll View Post
    When you go around declaring this thing to be 'the best thing I've done' and saying it's 'better then a netbook.' You expect it to be able to do certain things
    It will, Im sure they didn't want to release it so early but had to so they could cut into other ereader sales. Look how many digital sales Amazon had at Christmas and Apple was feeling the pinch and knew they could get in on the action.

  8. #38
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    41,032

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    I can't wait for Flash to be on the phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by concertgoer View Post
    You better stop because he can shut down this message board with one call.

  9. #39
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,131

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    that is one way of doing it. Or, if you belive in clouds and the whatnots, eInk might be uneccessary.
    A what who? Clouds? Like cloud computing? The point of eInk is that it is easier on and better for the eyes when reading text than an LCD screen.

  10. #40
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,394

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    C.R.E.A.M

  11. #41
    old school york707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,781

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    A what who? Clouds? Like cloud computing? The point of eInk is that it is easier on and better for the eyes when reading text than an LCD screen.
    I agree 100%. That is the one valid disappointment with this product.

    In other news, I am lodging my official complaint that my shoes do not contact rockets.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

  12. #42
    Member PrettyRagdoll's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,030

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    In other news, I am lodging my official complaint that my shoes do not contact rockets.
    ...So, basically you'll defend this product till the death no matter how subpar it is. OK. As long as we're clear

    Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

    Karma Police are coming for you


  13. #43
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,394

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by PrettyRagdoll View Post
    ...So, basically you'll defend this product till the death no matter how subpar it is. OK. As long as we're clear
    Buy a notebook. Move on.

  14. #44
    old school DFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    2,529

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    It just sounds like you're saying ipod but with an italian-jersey accent. "ipaaad'
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

  15. #45
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,131

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    So it's not a valid disappointment that a $500 product that is meant to be portable does not include 3G? That it starts at 16G? That it performs no multitasking? That it has no camera? That the 3G addon is $120 fucking dollars? No stand? 1Ghz processor? This is a niche product with no niche, there are a ton of valid things to be disappointed about.

  16. #46
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,892

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    I am overwhelmingly underwhelmed by the iPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  17. #47
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,131

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    The defense of this thing is a little pathological guys.

  18. #48
    old school york707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,781

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    I am not defending the product - I am criticizing the sense of - I don't know... entitlement? - everyone seems to have when it comes to Apple. Don't fucking buy it if you don't like it. Most of the things people are complaining about would be resolved if they bought a fucking laptop.

    Everyone is disapointed that it did not meet their own self-created expectations.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

  19. #49
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,394

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    There is no defense, there is a niche market that people with money will but it. By second generation they will apease the masses. My parents and possibly older business associates would love it as it is now. In a year when they will answer everyones complaints with the 2nd gen. More will love it.

  20. #50
    old school york707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,781

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    To be clear, I will not be buying this product. I may in the future if they improve its features and cost value, but I am sure as shit not losing sleep over it and yelling into the echo chamber that is the internet about it.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

  21. #51
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,131

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by york707 View Post
    I am not defending the product - I am criticizing the sense of - I don't know... entitlement? - everyone seems to have when it comes to Apple. Don't fucking buy it if you don't like it. Most of the things people are complaining about would be resolved if they bought a fucking laptop.

    Everyone is disapointed that it did not meet their own slef-created expectations.
    My only expectation was that it be a product that made any sense whatsoever.

  22. #52
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,394

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    1st gen iphone was and is a piece of shit.

  23. #53
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,131

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by J~$$$$ View Post
    There is no defense, there is a niche market that people with money will but it. By second generation they will apease the masses. My parents and possibly older business associates would love it as it is now. In a year when they will answer everyones complaints with the 2nd gen. More will love it.
    What's the market? People that don't want to spend $100 extra for a netbook with 4 times the features?

  24. #54
    old school
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5,394

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    What's the market? People that don't want to spend $100 extra for a netbook with 4 times the features?
    Baby boomers, who want a kindle with more features. Students that hate lugging text books, and assholes that have to have 1st generation shit. Just some of the few. A net book can be a pain in the ass, and so can an iphone.

    Until they can wire that shit to my brain its all just shit.

  25. #55
    Brackish African wmgaretjax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,553

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    Give it time to do what? Become a different device? t's an iPhone with a big screen that you have to pay $120 extra to get 3G for. It does no multitasking. It costs $500 for 16 fucking gigabytes. What are the positives?
    in all fairness... compare the cost/features to a kindle dx... the 500 dollar price point is pretty sweet all things considered, although i don't really understand the 3G cost.

    also, most of the complaints are software related. with iphone conferences right around the corner, i imagine everyone is going to see 4.0 that addresses many of the problems. i would guess we'll see multitasking addressed at that point.

    plus, fuck flash. seriously. flash is awful. apple is doing a favor to all of us by encouraging the dissemination of html 5.0.

    that said, i have no intention of buying it. not without a camera. on a device like this, things like skype are a huge deal to me. but, the screen and the UX look absolutely gorgeous... hopefully it will push msft et all to actually DESIGN user experiences for tablets.

  26. #56
    Member justinaqui's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    881

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    If I were in the market for a kindle, I'd get this instead. It costs more, but I could see myself watching videos when traveling. I'm plenty happy with the mobile email/mp3/quick browsing I get with my phone, so the other features don't do much for me.

  27. #57
    Coachella Junkie BlackSwan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    in the danger zone
    Posts
    14,858

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    This thing looks outrageously pointless.
    .

  28. #58

    Default Re: Apple iPad


    Wow, at least my net book folds
    .. __o
    .. -\ <,
    ..(_)/(_)

  29. #59
    Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    DTLA, CA
    Posts
    21,647

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    last.fm
    11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

  30. #60
    old school york707's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    St. Louis
    Posts
    4,781

    Default Re: Apple iPad

    Quote Originally Posted by justinaqui View Post
    If I were in the market for a kindle, I'd get this instead. It costs more, but I could see myself watching videos when traveling. I'm plenty happy with the mobile email/mp3/quick browsing I get with my phone, so the other features don't do much for me.
    I think this is the correct analysis.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

Similar Threads

  1. Apple vs Dell (Or PC)
    By unitedwestand in forum Polls
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 05-22-2012, 11:25 PM
  2. AVP: Apple vs Pumpkin Pie
    By Will the Thrill in forum Polls
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 02-11-2009, 06:37 PM
  3. Apple stage add?
    By Eggbird in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 07:33 PM
  4. Apple Ipods
    By hardex in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-20-2008, 06:40 PM
  5. Fiona Apple
    By faxman75 in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 12-16-2007, 12:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •