Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kids and toddlers at Coachella?

Default Kids and toddlers at Coachella?

I've never been so I'm just curious. Is it common for people to bring little younglings to Coachella? I'm talking 3 to 5 years in age.

Default Re: Kids and toddlers at Coachella?

No it's not common. I've seen it but I can't imagine it's fun for anyone concerned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

i have a friend that really wants to bring her 1+ yr old. you think its unethical? she isnt a bad person or mom but has HUGE love for music i am sure she wants to share with her daughter. She is being told she cant camp with her though...i dunno, what are your guys' thoughts on that?

Yeah, you'll see it but that doesn't mean you have to be the douchebag parent with their kid on their shoulders front row getting blasted by the speakers. No young kid should be subjected to that.

Just keep some distance from the front .
    I'm not a barricuda, even though I flash the teeth...

To each their own, but at Bonnaroo last year I thought the people with kids were being very selfish. It doesn't make them a bad parent, but the activities that occur there are outside of their control. There will be drugs, drunks, and loud music late into the night. Would you take your child to a loud kegger or all night party/rave? Now, I am no parent and would not tell people how to raise their child, but a music festival in the desert is not the ideal atmosphere for a young child, in my opinion

i think its really irresponsible for anyone to bring thier kids to coachella or any music festival/concert .No matter how much u love music. you have 3 days of drug users and drunks walking around a festival theres pot in the air especially depending on whos playing at the time. if i had kids i wouldnt expose them to that shit . i been to to coachella 3 years in a row and i always see kids holding thier ears cause of the music i see kids out late at night when the temperature really drops . dude last year i saw kids out while My Bloody Valentine was playing .now im 23 years old and that crappy music was hurting my ears i can only imagine what it was doing to those kids. oh and to those of you who are pregnant and want to go to coachella do ur unborn kid a favor and stay home .
    I Wanna Drive Into The Sunset

Coachella 2007
    Coachella 2008
    Coachella 2009
    Coachella 2010
    The Big 4 2011
    Coachella 2012 ( I WONT FUCKING MISS IT! )

Lurker

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
    I have a 5 year old and would never subject him to 100-degree+ heat, cigarette smoke, and loud music. (That's why the wife stays at home.)

DEAL WITH IT HIPPIES - you had a child, now be RESPONSIBLE and stay home for a few years or get a babysitter.

(seriously, there aren't many people who bring kids to this, but I want to punch them all. You're not "cool parent", you're selfish idiots.)

Quote Originally Posted by lostsoul86 View Post
    i think its really irresponsible for anyone to bring thier kids to coachella or any music festival/concert .No matter how much u love music. you have 3 days of drug users and drunks walking around a festival theres pot in the air especially depending on whos playing at the time. if i had kids i wouldnt expose them to that shit . i been to to coachella 3 years in a row and i always see kids holding thier ears cause of the music i see kids out late at night when the temperature really drops . dude last year i saw kids out while My Bloody Valentine was playing .now im 23 years old and that crappy music was hurting my ears i can only imagine what it was doing to those kids. oh and to those of you who are pregnant and want to go to coachella do ur unborn kid a favor and stay home .
    yeah, fuck having your kids out in 60-70 degree weather at night, so irresponsible.

there are responsible ways to have your kids there, don't be such an asshole about it.

and all of you talking about having your kid out in the heat...you do realize people actually live in desert climates, right? kids play in parks, go to school, etc. they couldn't care less if it's hot out.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 01-29-2010 at 11:01 PM.

Ok any child under 6 is too young. You will see people in thier 20s having trouble with the heat and long days imagine if you were 5?!!! a SINGLE day lasts like a week to a little kid.

If you stay at a hotel and you dont go in to the festival before 4 and take a LOT of breaks then maybe you could do it but you might as well not even go at that point.

Oh and NO sahara! Thats no place for a child...

Although... how often does security search toddlers??? HAHA
    00 - Phish - Big Cypress NYE
    02, 03, 04, 05, 06 - Bonnaroo
    08 - Coachella
    09 - Ultra Music Festival
    10 - Coachella

Actually i took a 4-5 year old to coachella.I ask her about it and she says she enjoyed and wanted ot go again.. This is being very HONEST!!!
    I heard all the negative about what could happen but was a good time had by all... Um only thing was the stroller didnt work that good going back to cars and had to carry..That sucked.....

I really don't give a toss about kids, but please:

Hearing protection is a MUST.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

As long as they have some noise reducing headphones on and you don't let them annoy me, I won't call CPS.
    .:COACHELLA.:08.:09.:10.:11.:12:.

I think it really depends on the kid, and the parent. Ask yourself: "Would my child have fun at Coachella?," then ask yourself, "Could I put my child's needs first at all times while at Coachella?" If the answer to both these questions is yes, then bringing your kid to Coachella is probably fine (and will hopefully be fun for both the kid and the parent(s)!)

Also: any kid at Coachella will definitely need some of these.

LEAVE YOUR FRICKIN' KIDS AND TODDLERS AT HOME--WITH A BABYSITTER--FOR CHRISTS SAKES!!! (Yes, I'm shouting.) This ain't frickin' 1968, and Coachella ain't frickin' Woodstock. Deal with it.
    "Some people just need a hi-five in the face."

In 2008 I was waiting for some band to start on the main stage, I think Tegan and Sara maybe. Anyway, I was standing next to a young couple(or so I thought) and their probably 10 year old. The guy on my other side lights up and joint and smokes a bit of it. About halfway through I hear the little girl say "What smells like a skunk?" To which the dad immediately responds "ciggarettes!"

Everyone around them immediately burst into laughter. It was quite hill arious.

Quote Originally Posted by koliebo View Post
    I think it really depends on the kid, and the parent. Ask yourself: "Would my child have fun at Coachella?," then ask yourself, "Could I put my child's needs first at all times while at Coachella?" If the answer to both these questions is yes, then bringing your kid to Coachella is probably fine (and will hopefully be fun for both the kid and the parent(s)!)

Also: any kid at Coachella will definitely need some of these.
    I agree with this completely.

Also bringing kids to Coachella will be easier/more reasonable for 2010 than in the past due to ins-and-outs; makes it much easier to leave for a bit as the kid is getting tired and/or it is getting dark and take the kid back to the hotel - with someone there to watch them, of course - and head back in to catch the end of the festival alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

I wouldn't take my 3 year old, but thats because i can (and do) handle a full 3 days of heat, crowds and music, and I wouldn't want to find out if he could do the same.

It's just silly.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

I say charge full price for the five and under crumb snatchers.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

The people that complain about the heat obviously don't live in warm places...growing up in Southern CA as a young child I was constantly in 100+ degree heat for hours on end. You people act like children will burst into flames or something.

Just like adults, all they need is sunscreen and water and to rest when they need it and they're perfectly capable of being in the heat
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    The people that complain about the heat obviously don't live in warm places...growing up in Southern CA as a young child I was constantly in 100+ degree heat for hours on end. You people act like children will burst into flames or something.

Just like adults, all they need is sunscreen and water and to rest when they need it and they're perfectly capable of being in the heat
    Seriously... the kids that you'd see at Coachella are the same ones riding the 110 degree school bus to and from school come Monday.

Let me know what time the meet up is.

I can't believe some of the prudish reactions to children at Coachella. You think a little weed smoke and seeing some drunk people are that damaging to a child. I suppose we should pretend these things don't exist until our children become teenagers and then lie that we never did them. I bet everything at Coachella(loud music, drugs, drinking) happens at home as well.

Quote Originally Posted by iwaslike View Post
    I can't believe some of the prudish reactions to children at Coachella. You think a little weed smoke and seeing some drunk people are that damaging to a child. I suppose we should pretend these things don't exist until our children become teenagers and then lie that we never did them. I bet everything at Coachella(loud music, drugs, drinking) happens at home as well.
    It's not a LIE my dad never did that No!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Radiohead View Post
    I've done a lot of things at music festivals in my day. And like most people, sure, I've fingered some butt holes during LCD Soundsystem. No big.

Quote Originally Posted by IRSCOTT View Post
    It's not a LIE my dad never did that No!!!
    Sorry you had to find out this way...

old school

don't bring your kids..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

awesome

please bring your kids.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what