Thread: Newbie Questions:

Cool Newbie Questions:

Ok so i'm planning on going to this years Coachella and i got some questions i was hoping someone could help me out.

1) Can we bring in food/drinks in to the camp site?
    http://coachella.com/camping/carcamping
    2) Whens the latest i should buy tickets before they are sold out.
    3) Is there outlets to charge your phone and to do my hair?
    4) whats the easiest way to sneak in food, drinks, and ect.
    5) Do they hella check you bags and purses while goin into the concerts?
    6) can you hear the music while you camp?
    7) whats the easiest way to get pictures with the bands?

And my last question i understand that its hard to answer cause this is a new rule but it doesn't hurt to ask... so:

8) Are they going to check the car if we are getting the car/tent campsite?

Banned

Default Re: Newbie Questions:

1.) Read the FAQ (camping faq: click)
    2.) TBH, with this years new crazy set up, its anyone guess. To be safe though id say mid march. (although it'd be best to get it ASAP. If money's the issue there is the layaway option)
    3.) see question one
    4.) see question one
    5.) the same as any other event you've been to. ("hella" )
    6.) ??? it ends at midnight, if you're planning to be in the campsite at all during the festival, why go?
    7.) sleep with them

8.) see question one

Is it really that hard to read? I mean, really. Ive seen so many stupid questions asked that could have just been answered if the member would have read the FAQ.

Search button is your friend.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Mellisa, you are really going to get a lot of flack for just coming on and not at least reading the faq's and scanning the threads to see what the people are saying. Some of your questions are not a yes or a no, or they are questions people have long answers or opinions on. Just letting you know. cr****
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

I feel like answering a few questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Melissa420 View Post
    2) Whens the latest i should buy tickets before they are sold out.
    5) Do they hella check you bags and purses while goin into the concerts?
    6) can you hear the music while you camp?
    7) whats the easiest way to get pictures with the bands?
    2) The latest you should buy your tickets is before they sell out. Who knows when they will sell out. They do not always sell out; they have come at least close enough that there've been periods where Ticketmaster didn't have any for sale. The earlier the better.

5) It depends. Sometimes yes, sometimes just a quick glance.

6) You can sometimes hear big artists warming up in the morning; it won't necessarily be clear but it can be a nice when waking up. If you are in the campground during the festival you may be able to hear some music... but, again, it won't be distinct, especially with several stages going on.

7) In the past they have had artist signings which can involve long lines but also can (I think?) involve pictures. Additionally many artists will be wandering the Polo Grounds with us, watching the bands and checking out the art; some may be open to chatting and/or the taking of pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    6.) ??? it ends at midnight, if you're planning to be in the campsite at all during the festival, why go?
    I plan on spending as much time in the festival as I can but with Ins/Outs I can see myself stopping by my tent for a beer or a sandwich if I have a break. Similarly, depending on how things go - including on the schedule - I may decide to call it a night before the music stops.

I am going because there are bands I'd love to see and I want to check out the art and other attractions and I want to hang out with/see my friends. I don't see why any of this means I need to be inside the festival grounds 12+ hours straight a day.

Banned

that's fucking retarded

lowfront

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    I don't see why any of this means I need to be inside the festival grounds 12+ hours straight a day.

The only time I take a break from the music is to eat quickly and piss.

WAAAAAYYYY to much fun going on.

Banned

You eat in the festival, and piss in the festival. And even that can be fun. The bathrooms next to the Sahara were full of crazy aussies and what not during TRVSDJAM (the designated pissing hour)

and the food court always has good food. No need to leave the grounds really.

The food court has fine food. I'mn't complaining about the quality of the food. A sandwich at my tent is cheaper, though.

And I'mn't even saying I'm certainly going to go to my tent at all during the festival. There've been plenty of times in the past where I didn't have time to eat anything until after, and where I had to buy half a dozen waters at a time because I knew I wouldn't have time to stop to get more later.

But, really, looking at Friday and Saturday's lineups unless the set times are specifically tailored to my whims there's gonna be downtime. I'mn't a fucking moron; I've heard most of the artists playing already and I'm gonna hear almost all of the rest come April... I'm gonna know who I wanna see and who I don't care about seeing. And if I have a long enough break it may make sense to go chill at my tent and relax and cool off and be in a better position to enjoy the rest of the festival.

Same with the end of the night. What if Saturday night the festival ends with Tiesto, MGMT, Coheed and Cambria and Porcupine Tree all playing? I know those artists, have seen two of them before and know I actively do not want to see any of any of their sets. I have friends that I am betting would feel the same way. What the fuck would be keeping me on the festival grounds rather than heading to the campground to get started on a couple of beers before sleep?

lowfront

And if I have a long enough break it may make sense to go chill at my tent and relax and cool off and be in a better position to enjoy the rest of the festival.

the fuck would be keeping me on the festival grounds rather than heading to the campground to get started on a couple of beers before sleep?

first of all the tent will not be a place to go and cool off....its going to be 130 degrees in that tent.....

and if you don't like the ending bands or tiesto....go in the sahara and have the time of your life instead....

I wouldn't go if I only wanted to see a few bands, but that doesn't mean I have to want to see every single band there. Shit, a festival at which I actively wanted to see every single band would be even more frustrating than when I wanna see half the artists (I am interested in something like half the artists on Sunday.)

And yes, I know there is more to do than just see the bands. I am always excited to arrive early the first day to explore the new set up and see the new installations. And it's always fun revisiting things after dark, seeing what lights up or shoots flames.

Still, at some point, it gets to the point where I need things a little more chill. Doesn't mean shit.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfront View Post
    first of all the tent will not be a place to go and cool off....its going to be 130 degrees in that tent.....
    I've camped before and I have a good understanding of heat transfer and I know that no, it will not be 130 degrees in my tent. But beyond that I did not say that I would necessarily have to be cooling off in my tent for this to be a worthwhile thing, cooling off does not necessarily have to refer to temperature and, finally, as the air cools off at night the slightly warm air of my tent may be entirely welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by lowfront View Post
    and if you don't like the ending bands or tiesto....go in the sahara and have the time of your life instead....
    Clearly you have a deep understanding of the lineup: if those four bands are playing at the same time at least one of them will be in the Sahara*. More importantly, are you actually unfamiliar with the concept of the hypothetical question?

* I realize that MGMT in the Sahara is a longshot; that was partially a joke embedded for folks that'd find that funny. My hypothetical situation may've been more clear had I suggested Z-trip or Major Lazer as the end of the night Sahara band that I wouldn't have the slightest bit of interest in seeing.

Hey sorry dude. i can understand that could of been annoying for you. and yes i should of read the FAQ. but i was really high that night, didnt want to read so yeah.
    sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    1.) Read the FAQ (camping faq: click)
    2.) TBH, with this years new crazy set up, its anyone guess. To be safe though id say mid march. (although it'd be best to get it ASAP. If money's the issue there is the layaway option)
    3.) see question one
    4.) see question one
    5.) the same as any other event you've been to. ("hella" )
    7.) sleep with them

8.) see question one

Is it really that hard to read? I mean, really. Ive seen so many stupid questions asked that could have just been answered if the member would have read the FAQ.

Thank you for taking time out of your day to answer my Q's! seriously, thank you!

I feel like answering a few questions.

2) The latest you should buy your tickets is before they sell out. Who knows when they will sell out. They do not always sell out; they have come at least close enough that there've been periods where Ticketmaster didn't have any for sale. The earlier the better.

5) It depends. Sometimes yes, sometimes just a quick glance.

6) You can sometimes hear big artists warming up in the morning; it won't necessarily be clear but it can be a nice when waking up. If you are in the campground during the festival you may be able to hear some music... but, again, it won't be distinct, especially with several stages going on.

7) In the past they have had artist signings which can involve long lines but also can (I think?) involve pictures. Additionally many artists will be wandering the Polo Grounds with us, watching the bands and checking out the art; some may be open to chatting and/or the taking of pictures.

Hey sorry dude. i can understand that could of been annoying for you. and yes i should of read the FAQ. but i was really high that night, didnt want to read so yeah.
    sorry!
    That pretty much flags you for the "bend over cavity search" at the gate then - congrats. Bring your own lube.

Kidding.

Not really.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Banned

sorry!
    Im high most of the time im on the board, doesnt mean I can use that as an excuse for being a jackass