View Poll Results: What should the Outdoor Stage be renamed?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Arabia

    7 16.67%
  • Kalahari

    20 47.62%
  • Patagonia

    8 19.05%
  • Syria

    3 7.14%
  • Karakum

    0 0%
  • Kavir

    1 2.38%
  • Taklamakan

    3 7.14%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 66

Thread: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

  1. #31
    Member aguila26's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Guadalajara
    Posts
    120

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    The Where You Can't See Shit and Get a Raging Sunburn While Listening to Soundbleed From the Mainstage Stage.
    Correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZackQ View Post
    I haven't cried in eight years.

  2. #32
    Member johnnypolite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    dallas
    Posts
    574

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    The Outdoor Stage is worthless before 6pm.
    Very true
    Hello my name is Johnny Polite and they are going to kill me...
    Concert Calendar:
    Burning Hotels 1.14 | The Kills 1.23 | Adam Ant 2.7 | Girls 3.9 | Dr. Dog 3.11 | Neon Indian 3.13 | Andrew Bird 3.15| Band of Skulls 3.17

    twitter.com/thechris104
    youtube.com/thechris104
    granadatheater.com

  3. #33
    Coachella Junkie Pixiessp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,255

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    The Where You Can't See Shit and Get a Raging Sunburn While Listening to Soundbleed From the Mainstage Stage.
    I missed a few shows there last year because of the heat.
    The Outdoor Stage is a heat conductor.
    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

  4. #34
    old school Leeartlee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    18 responses and nobody points out that it's not even called "The Outdoor Stage" to begin with?

    I mean, no one really ever refers to it as "The Outdoor Theater". My wife calls it "The Corner Stage". But it's kind of a crucial point when you are bitching about it's proper name.
    Ummm, I can't speak for anyone else but I definitely call it the Outdoor stage. I mean, calling it something else would just add confusion, and people are already properly fucked out there. No need to add to that.
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

  5. #35
    Coachella Junkie M Sparks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    12,113

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by Leeartlee View Post
    Ummm, I can't speak for anyone else but I definitely call it the Outdoor stage.
    But, it HAS a name. To not use it's proper name when arguing about it's proper name is on the silly side.
    The Tinychat password is coache11a

    Quote Originally Posted by Shiloka View Post
    Share the art bus to enhance the festival... can be used as stage for band ...
    I can also come early and help set up ...
    How can you say no to this offer, Goldenvoice?

  6. #36
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by Pixiessp View Post
    I missed a few shows there last year because of the heat.
    The Outdoor Stage is a heat conductor.
    Nothing compared to the Mojave mid day.
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  7. #37
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,685

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Which Stage
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  8. #38
    old school greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    5,975

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Fuck that hippie bonnaroo this and that stage bullshit.

    In case any of you hadn't noticed, the tents that are named after deserts, not the stages. Given that fact, I cannot fathom why the fuck people are debating this in the first place.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

  9. #39
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,685

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    oh yeah?? well FUCK YOU GREGPIE

    what act are we meeting up for this year? Will you stand me up again?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  10. #40
    old school greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    5,975

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    I just may stand you up again, I haven't decided yet . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

  11. #41
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,685

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Im going to boil your pet cat!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  12. #42
    Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    DC NW
    Posts
    6,007

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post
    The Transient Stage

    cuz nobody ever stays put there.
    You know, I actually spent most of, I think, Friday 08 at the Outdoor Theater. I don't remember much off the top of my head besides The National but most of the acts I prioritized that day just ended up there.
    Ron Paul 2012!

    Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

  13. #43
    Stage Manager captncrzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    TBD
    Posts
    19,533

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    oh yeah?? well FUCK YOU GREGPIE

    what act are we meeting up for this year? Will you stand me up again?
    HAHAAAHAAAA I met Greg and u din't...naanaanaaanaanaaa.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I think the safest course is to assume everyone is a fucking nightmare and proceed from there.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.

  14. #44
    old school
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,983

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Fuck that hippie bonnaroo this and that stage bullshit.
    Yeah that This Stage and That Stage stuff is so hippie because it's at bonnaroo, and if it's at bonnaroo then it's gotta be hippie.

  15. #45
    Coachella Junkie Ardentbiscuit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    6,608

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Call it the "The Outdoor Rumpus Theater".

  16. #46
    old school greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    5,975

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by liquidsnake28 View Post
    Yeah that This Stage and That Stage stuff is so hippie because it's at bonnaroo, and if it's at bonnaroo then it's gotta be hippie.
    Exactly. I'm glad you agree.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

  17. #47
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,354

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    what act are we meeting up for this year? Will you stand me up again?
    He stood you up too!?!?!?

    Greg and I are meeting up for The Specials this year. Feel free to join us.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

  18. #48
    Member Foucault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Trans-California
    Posts
    938

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    Fuck that hippie bonnaroo this and that stage bullshit.

    In case any of you hadn't noticed, the tents that are named after deserts, not the stages. Given that fact, I cannot fathom why the fuck people are debating this in the first place.
    Actually what many call the "Main Stage" is formally called the "Coachella Stage," thus it is an outdoor stage and named after a desert. And, besides, is there a good reason why you must take a big stinky dump all over a little harmless fun, asshole?

  19. #49
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by Foucault View Post
    Actually what many call the "Main Stage" is formally called the "Coachella Stage," thus it is an outdoor stage and named after a desert. And, besides, is there a good reason why you must take a big stinky dump all over a little harmless fun, asshole?
    How is it named after a desert?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  20. #50
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    I'm talking to you, asshole. Hey. Asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  21. #51
    old school greghead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    5,975

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by Foucault View Post
    Actually what many call the "Main Stage" is formally called the "Coachella Stage," thus it is an outdoor stage and named after a desert. And, besides, is there a good reason why you must take a big stinky dump all over a little harmless fun, asshole?
    And this is why you're full of shit.

    EDIT: thank you, Monklish, for being on the ball
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm sorry, it's hard for me to understand you from all the way up here on the Legend Tier. What was that?

  22. #52
    Member brycerosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    The Where You Can't See Shit and Get a Raging Sunburn While Listening to Soundbleed From the Mainstage Stage.
    and do lab
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

    Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

  23. #53
    Member Foucault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Trans-California
    Posts
    938

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    And this is why you're full of shit.

    EDIT: thank you, Monklish, for being on the ball
    I've got "Monklish," that douchebag, on ignore, so I'm not sure what s/he said, but all you need to do is look at past festival maps and see the name "Coachella stage".

  24. #54
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    What he and I were saying is that Coachella is not the name of a desert the way you keep claiming it is, you jackoff.

    Somebody quote me please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  25. #55
    LOLocaust Survivor Hannahrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    stately Rain Manor
    Posts
    17,447

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    What he and I were saying is that Coachella is not the name of a desert the way you keep claiming it is, you jackoff.

    Somebody quote me please?
    It's really cold in my apartment right now.

  26. #56
    Member Foucault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Trans-California
    Posts
    938

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    It's really cold in my apartment right now.
    Coachella Valley is a bona-fide place name; it is a desert. Ergo: Coachella desert, pig-fucker.

  27. #57
    LOLocaust Survivor Hannahrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    stately Rain Manor
    Posts
    17,447

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    I wasn't arguing with you, you stupid son of a troutsucking spurtgobbler. I'd have had plenty of epithets for you either way, but please thank your moth-eaten drug-addled last-lonely-suitcase-on-the-baggage-claim maternal figure for adding wood to the fire by birthing you into a pool of animal excrement. Really lets me get creative.

  28. #58
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    That's not how things work. Just because a lake is in Minnesota doesn't make it Lake Minnesota. There is no such thing as the Coachella desert. Coachella is a valley, the desert there is named something else. Your assertion that all the stages are named after deserts is patently untrue because while the other three are actual deserts, Coachella is decidedly not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  29. #59
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,354

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    There is a reason it is called the "Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival." Not the "Coachella Desert Music and Arts Festival."
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

  30. #60
    Member Foucault's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Trans-California
    Posts
    938

    Default Re: Re-Name the Outdoor Stage

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    I wasn't arguing with you, you stupid son of a troutsucking spurtgobbler. I'd have had plenty of epithets for you either way, but please thank your moth-eaten drug-addled last-lonely-suitcase-on-the-baggage-claim maternal figure for adding wood to the fire by birthing you into a pool of animal excrement. Really lets me get creative.
    From Hannahrain's profile: "Occupation: Shut-in"

    'nough said.

Similar Threads

  1. Petition for Screens At Outdoor Stage
    By c.d.tomcat in forum Past Experiences
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-28-2010, 11:17 PM
  2. Roni Size Closing the outdoor stage
    By morelifefucker in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-21-2009, 01:11 PM
  3. Outdoor Stage at Sunset
    By danteb in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 02-02-2009, 10:43 AM
  4. Outdoor Stage Sunset Sets
    By Ardentbiscuit in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 11-14-2008, 07:05 AM
  5. WHAT THE HELL, OUTDOOR STAGE
    By theaenimatool in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 03:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •