Thread: Alcohol in water bottle

Default Alcohol in water bottle

Possible? Do they tip water bottles out on entry to camping?

Default Re: Alcohol in water bottle

They make you throw out water bottles.
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

old school

I thnk the only issue they may have is with glass bottles @ the entrance to camping. It may be worthwhile to buy plastic bottle liquor (which I personally don't like.) I've had glass bottles of booze comphiscated @ Bonnaroo but never Coahcella. Then again better safe than sorry. Roll up all your questionalble shit inside your tent. There not gonna check it there.

old school

Oh & at the entrance to get into the stages yes they will check caps on water bottles to see if they're sealed.

tent idea = good idea

alcohol bottle down pants = another good idea

yes they will check your bottle on entry so alcohol in a bottle is a no go unless u go as as far as super glueing the edge so it looks sealed but that only worked for the first day last year

The first year I went to Coachella, 2004, I tried this. I had vodka in a water bottle, rolled up in a towel. The security pulled the towel out of my bag unrolled it and told me I could toss it or drink it before I went in. I tried to chug warm vodka in 100+ heat, obviously a bad idea. I offered some vodka to the security guard sine I couldn't finish it and he pulled out a flask and said "I've got my own". I haven't tried it again since then. Cold beer is much better than warm vodka at Coachella, even if it is $7.

as far as getting booze into the campgrounds goes... buy a flat of water from costco. shift a few bottles out of the middle without tearing the plastic. fill those with clear booze. put them back in. worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdmachine View Post
    as far as getting booze into the campgrounds goes... buy a flat of water from costco. shift a few bottles out of the middle without tearing the plastic. fill those with clear booze. put them back in. worked for me.
    yes..thats what i did..got a 24 pack of water bottles, poured liquor into most of the bottles then fitted it right in the middle of the pack without tearing the plastic cover..works well

Enjoy the Bisphenol A toxicity.

Water bottles aren't made with bisphenol A, but it was a worthy attempt at sounding smart.

I'm not at all concerned with how you think I'm attempting to sound. I am concerned with your sweeping claim that zero water bottles are made with BPA. Many food-contact plastics and reusable plastic bottles do contain BPA, but not all conventional water bottles do.

Educate yourself: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/NewsEve.../UCM197778.pdf
    This is the FDA's latest acknowledgment of recent research regarding BPA.

An NIEHS public page on BPA: http://www.niehs.nih.gov/news/media/...ns/sya-bpa.cfm

These governmental agencies are often the most conservative and the slowest in adopting new research. The fact that they are speaking on BPA is noteworthy.

Another concern is promoting the reuse of a plastic bottle with the number "1" recycling code on the bottom, common to most water bottle multi-packs (arrowhead, kirkland, etc.). BPA isn't the issue there but a similar endocrine disrupting compound/probable human carcinogen is capable of leaching into the contents. Though it is difficult to speculate on how vodka would perform in such bottles.

The best part of all is that none of this keeps me from doing it at festivals.

Liquor is already poison, so why worry about bisphenol A...fill up a tray...I did it last year and I'm still ok...technically...

Quote Originally Posted by ryclopse View Post
    I'm not at all concerned with how you think I'm attempting to sound. I am concerned with your sweeping claim that zero water bottles are made with BPA. Many food-contact plastics and reusable plastic bottles do contain BPA, but not all conventional water bottles do.

Educate yourself: http://www.fda.gov/downloads/NewsEve.../UCM197778.pdf
    This is the FDA's latest acknowledgment of recent research regarding BPA.

An NIEHS public page on BPA: http://www.niehs.nih.gov/news/media/...ns/sya-bpa.cfm

These governmental agencies are often the most conservative and the slowest in adopting new research. The fact that they are speaking on BPA is noteworthy.

Another concern is promoting the reuse of a plastic bottle with the number "1" recycling code on the bottom, common to most water bottle multi-packs (arrowhead, kirkland, etc.). BPA isn't the issue there but a similar endocrine disrupting compound/probable human carcinogen is capable of leaching into the contents. Though it is difficult to speculate on how vodka would perform in such bottles.

The best part of all is that none of this keeps me from doing it at festivals.
    That's gnar. I wasn't trying to be a monklish, I just had read that BPA was only found in hard plastics like PVC. I'm sure theres other shit leaching into water bottles. I die a little inside every time I go by the water bottle aisle in costco.

you're getting off subject here. This thread is about all the clever alcohol smuggling tricks that people think work.

Do camelbacks have BPA?

The sun also gives you cancer, so you should probably just skip Coachella.

Hide the vodka in your body sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8r408 View Post
    The sun also gives you cancer, so you should probably just skip Coachella.
    for real. And if you're worried about the plastic from which you're drinking something that you know damages your liver, what the hell are you worried about the plastic for? And loud music damages your ears, so make sure you don't actually listen to anything while you're at the concert.
    I just want something good to die for, to make it beautiful to live

Cold beer is not an option as I am 20, and legal in my own country which makes it even more harder and scarier with the fact I might get kicked or denied.

mistaken, it's not too hard to get a wristband from someone who is 21 when you're inside the festival. as for bringing the liquor in water bottles--worst that's going to happen is they'll make you drink it before you go in or pour it out (and you might get lucky and have someone who doesn't check your bag too thorougly). And I swear last year they made everyone come in with empty water bottles only.

i just realized my response is for a question if you can bring it into the festival, not the campgrounds, sorry.
    Last edited by guedita; 02-17-2010 at 09:51 PM.

4/17: The Afghan Whigs @ Slim's
    4/17: Minilogue @ Mighty
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom

"The Most Uneducated City in America" of 2008

you don't even have to shimmy the water bottles out & back in those 12/24/36 packs. if you have a bunch of water bottles & ice in your cooler, they're not going to waste time checking all the seals. just make sure you can differentiate between the ones that are water & the ones that aren't, just in case.
    your ≠ you're

[boarderwoozel3] dying or tim & eric
    [boarderwoozel3] I'll take dying

one friend asks for bottle of water. other friend passes him a bottle of vodka. full tilt of bottle, mouth open, eyes wider than a deer in the head lights, gulp. not even a flinch, just drank it thinking it was water. one of the most impressive things I've seen at coachella. I would have spit that out so fast.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011

Excuse me sir
    I'm lost
    I'm looking for a place
    Where I can get lost
    I'm looking for a home
    For my malfunctioning being
    I'm looking for the mechanical music museum

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    mistaken, it's not too hard to get a wristband from someone who is 21 when you're inside the festival. as for bringing the liquor in water bottles--worst that's going to happen is they'll make you drink it before you go in or pour it out (and you might get lucky and have someone who doesn't check your bag too thorougly). And I swear last year they made everyone come in with empty water bottles only.

i just realized my response is for a question if you can bring it into the festival, not the campgrounds, sorry.
    Awesome, I'm going with plenty of 21+'ers so shouldn't be a problem, are they just those cheap, easy to peal off bands?