Thread: Ahhhhhhhhhh First timer :)

Default Ahhhhhhhhhh First timer :)

Hi,
    i am planning to go to Coachella this year however as I am a first timer and I am coming from Europe I have absolutely no clue how to organise everything from afar and would be grateful if any experienced Coachella visitor can give me some infos
    Right here my questions:

1. Where is the nearest airport? Answered here: http://coachella.com/event/directions
    Or better to come via L.A. and get a car?
    1. Is it better to hire a car and stay and camp there?
    How far is the car parking away from the campsite?
    Can I go and get stuff during the festival? answered here: http://coachella.com/camping/carcamping
    2. Or better to stay in any of the nearby hotels?
    3. Or the hotels quite expensive? Or there any to recommend?
    4. If i come by car and tent, is there anything specific apart from usual camping stuff i need to bring which is quite useful or expensive to buy? (Probably sunscreen
    5. If camping: how are campsite, shower and toilet-facilities?
    Any advantagous campsite area? Or am I allocated when coming in?
    6. What am i allowed to bring inside?
    http://coachella.com/camping/carcamping
    http://coachella.com/event/rules-faq
    7. How expensive is it inside? E.g. Food, water, alcohol?
    8. As the sun is quite hot, are there enough shadowy places to cool inbetween?
    100. How to meet the bands ?

Right, think thats all I can think of in the moment. Well I would be really grateful, if I get some replies and useful advice!
    x

Default Re: Ahhhhhhhhhh First timer :)

I say everyone should camp. There are showers and Porto pottys. The one thing I recommend I to bring your own shade aka canopy and your sleeping tent.

I like your style. Be back later.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

As for airports, ONT is a bit closer and about the same price as LAX. Palm Springs is the closest, but can be a bit more pricey.

Hotels jack their prices up quite a lot for the weekend, so, if you don't mind camping, that is probably the best way to go.

Regarding extra things to bring, I have two words for you: Gold Bond.

If you want to meet bands, buy the $70 VIP upgrade. That ups your chances.

lowfront

1. Where is the nearest airport? Answered here:

----don't come by LA...avoid traffic go ONT or even better PSP..PSP is worth it as long as its not more then 60 to 80 bucks.

-----CAMP!!!!!

----won't be bad

---No NO NO NO camp! camping is half the fun yes 1/2

---yes don't do it

4. If i come by car and tent, is there anything specific apart from usual camping stuff i need to bring which is quite useful or expensive to buy?

-----get a couple tent fans that run on battery, put them on before you go to bed, wake up like a king

----nice

--food is perfectly priced and great, big selection, water is cheap, way to get it for free...alcohol hope you like hienkin cause thats all they have for beer...I suggested taking drugs insteads

-----there are tent areas to cool down with. eat under them and such. There is a tent fully closed in thats got ac too near entrance...helps in time of need.

get ready to have the best time of your life

If you decide to camp, this is a good list of stuff to bring: http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17537

Quote Originally Posted by Kapalua View Post
    Hi,
    i am planning to go to Coachella this year however as I am a first timer and I am coming from Europe I have absolutely no clue how to organise everything from afar and would be grateful if any experienced Coachella visitor can give me some infos
    Right here my questions:

1. Where is the nearest airport? Answered here: http://coachella.com/event/directions
    Can I go and get stuff during the festival? answered here: http://coachella.com/camping/carcamping
    4. If i come by car and tent, is there anything specific apart from usual camping stuff i need to bring which is quite useful or expensive to buy? (Probably sunscreen
    6. What am i allowed to bring inside?
    http://coachella.com/camping/carcamping
    http://coachella.com/event/rules-faq

Right, think thats all I can think of in the moment. Well I would be really grateful, if I get some replies and useful advice!
    x
    Where is the nearest airport?
    Palm Springs is closest. I would recommend landing and picking up a car in Ontario. An hour closer than LAX. It may be cheaper than landing in Palm Springs.

Is it better to hire a car and stay and camp there?
    It's up to you. Camping has been mentioned as being quite fun. However, if you are not a outdoor guy, rent a car and stay at a hotel. Distance from the polo fields to hotels varies from 3 miles to 20 miles. Parking at Coachella is free.

No more than 1/4 of a mile.

Or better to stay in any of the nearby hotels?
    It is up to you.

Or the hotels quite expensive? Or there any to recommend?
    There are cheap hotels and there are resorts. I would say the price varies from $99 to $479 dollars a night. I would check the popular travel websites for availablity.

If i come by car and tent, is there anything specific apart from usual camping stuff i need to bring which is quite useful or expensive to buy? (Probably sunscreen
    I would not recommend traveling by tent since there are no wheels underneath.

Here's a thread on this subject:
    http://www.coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=573

If camping: how are campsite, shower and toilet-facilities?
    No idea

No idea

The beer is expensive. The food is reasonable. The water was free last year.

There are tents, with plenty of shade, set up between the food court and the main stage area. Three of the 5 stages are inside of tents.

There have been autograph signings in the past. Best bet to potentially meet bands is to upgrade to VIP. Don't think for a second that Thom Yorke is going to be sharing chips with you. Maybe the guy from Beach House:-) It's a very comfortable setting. Bands are fans just like yourself. Be courteous of their time and space.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

there is no car parking that isn't on the campsite, unless you're staying off-site and not parking overnight

i don't know what everyone in this thread is talking about..
    Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    Tiesto's sets have the pacing of a kurosawa film, and are about half as fun to dance to.
    Quote Originally Posted by oftheheartofthesoul View Post
    Alana Grace is just plain boring. She makes Susan Boyle look like Amy Winehouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by metalfag View Post
    underworld and orbital= probably the gayest shit i've listened to in a while.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    I headbutted the everloving shit out a 110 pound girl
    Quote Originally Posted by ElBlueblazer View Post
    this is true, i am a creep.
    Quote Originally Posted by weezy f baby View Post
    I don't mind missing DeadmauFive
    Quote Originally Posted by truths View Post
    aids dies when it reaches oxygen...
    Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    omg your signature is WAY too big

Hey you guys, thanks sooo much for the infos!!!!!!!

Though I have to say I am still confused, if to camp or not....so
    9. even if i come via car it is not far to go to the festivalsite?? obviously apart from the traffic...

Another question: 10. can you actually come with a campervan so you can avoid the shower and maybe toilet situation???

11. do i actually have to be careful in case of muggers??

Gosh seems quite a lot to plan especially as it is quite a long way for me ( and still havnt persuaded any of my friends...lol) and i would need to buy all the stuff when coming over...

And lol regarding bands, i would be just happy to hug jules casablancas or talk to phoenix ;D

X

Where are you coming from? Are you an outdoor person or an indoor cat?
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

10. YES you can come with a campervan, here is is called RV Pasrking. i suspect those spots would be rather limited because of the size of these vehicles, so you'd want to get on that soon.

11. it's always a good idea ANYWHERE to be careful, but I wouldn't get paranoid at all about muggers. it's a pretty relaxed atomosphere
    last.fm
    4/5/14 - Trentemoller - Fonda // 4/9/14 - The Knife - Fox Theater Pomona // 4/22/14 - Dillinger Escape Plane - Glasshouse// 5/23/14 - 5/26/14 Punk Rock Bowling - Las Vegas
    5/28/14 - Elbow - Wiltern // 7/9/14 - Cloud Nothings - Roxy // 8/25/14 - Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Comments about she left the movie feeling bad and she one of those girls that fuck in the ass to saving her Vagina intercourse for marriage.

first time see Father naked

A van can enter car camping - from FAQ:

I have a full size van or WV Bus. Can I still park it in the Car Camping section, or do I need to park it in the RV section since I plan on sleeping in it?

You can park in the Car Camping area.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    10. YES you can come with a campervan, here is is called RV Pasrking. i suspect those spots would be rather limited because of the size of these vehicles, so you'd want to get on that soon.

11. it's always a good idea ANYWHERE to be careful, but I wouldn't get paranoid at all about muggers. it's a pretty relaxed atomosphere

I thought I read a post from PF that said RV Parking was sold out...i could be wrong tho. Just do the car camping with your tent. The bathrooms can get down right scary, but when you thing about it...it's for what 5-15 min of your 1440 min day. a necessary evil. the showers are not bad at all, just bring slippers your feet.
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

The toilet situation...well even its only a few minutes a day, i still rather avoid it as it makes the festival experience and having a few drinks less enjoyable.

I am coming from Germany. I have been to festivals before however here obviously I would need to get, buy all the stuff....:S

Regarding camping....I think I wont want the whole proper tent camping, however as I dont wanna miss out the atmosphere i suppose a campervan is a rather good alternative

Gosh i really really need to go this year, the line up is simply amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaahhh hhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by RevDru View Post
    As for airports, ONT is a bit closer and about the same price as LAX. Palm Springs is the closest, but can be a bit more pricey.

Hotels jack their prices up quite a lot for the weekend, so, if you don't mind camping, that is probably the best way to go.

Regarding extra things to bring, I have two words for you: Gold Bond.

If you want to meet bands, buy the $70 VIP upgrade. That ups your chances.
    The VIP upgrade is not $70. It doesn't include a festival ticket. Joy.

Lurker
    "the couve" (vancouver wa-15 min. from portland oregon)

I am also a first timer. I am flying in from Portland Oregon. I was thinking of flying into San Diego and renting a car. Can someone let me know if this is a good idea? Or should I fly into ontario? Camping....is it 55.00 per day to camp?

No that pays for your campsite from thursday at 12 till monday at 12

fly into ontario. much closer