Thread: Convenience charge? Online only?

Default Convenience charge? Online only?

Hi folks,

You know the conenience charges and all that bullshit that make a 3 day ticket go from $269 to well over $300? well, is that for tickets online only?

What I am wondering is how to get the tickets at the cheapest price without the greedy nonsense ticketbastard add on?

cheers in advance

j

Default Re: Convenience charge? Online only?

if you are in the l.a. area there are many other options, if not you pay. check the main site for info.

otherwise, isn't it convenient to be able to handle it online without having to drive anywhere?

i disagree. it's a rip off. as simple as that. its inconvenient and unnecessary. 269 bucks is more that enough and i am happy to pay that. jeez, most people are disgustd with these mystery ticketmaster charges. you are the first i have seen defend it.

well, if i don't have to jump in my car and drive an hour up to l.a. and an hour back home, find parking, pull ~$300 out of my account, pay for gas, etc. it is worth a small amount to me, $22 is nothing compared to all the above. my time is more valuable than that.

also, $303.60 ain't quite "well over $300"...
    Last edited by JustSteve; 01-24-2010 at 12:27 PM.

yeh, ive heard its semi cheap to buy at the glasshouse in pomona. . i still have to check myself
    Coachella 06, 07, 08 (Camping 07, 08)

010' Fri - Jay-Z . Them Crooked Vultures, The Specials, La Roux, P.O.S., Wale, As Tall as Lions, Grizzly Bear

Sat - Muse, Faith No More, DEVO, MGMT, Coheed & Cambria, Z-Trip, Les Claypool, Mew, Tokyo Police Club, Frightened Rabbit, Corainne Bailey Rae, RX Bandits, Portugal. The Man, Flying Lotus

Sun - Gorillaz, Thom Yorke (Radiohead =) Sly & the Family Stone, De La Soul, Yo La Tengo, MUTEMATH, Matt & Kim, B.O.B., King Khan & the Shrines, Phoenix

of course 22 is nothing in light of all that but i dont think you or i should have to be penalised AT ALL just because we book online. maybe a small fee but 22 plus the other fee is comical. its adds over 40 dollars for the 'privilege' of booking online! i dunno, i just think 269 is high enough in any case. i get your point but i still think its something you should not have to pay

Quote Originally Posted by marfawkah02 View Post
    yeh, ive heard its semi cheap to buy at the glasshouse in pomona. . i still have to check myself
    it's slightly cheaper, just make sure you bring lots of cash. no credit/debit cards.

Quote Originally Posted by messiah j View Post
    Hi folks,

You know the conenience charges and all that bullshit that make a 3 day ticket go from $269 to well over $300? well, is that for tickets online only?

What I am wondering is how to get the tickets at the cheapest price without the greedy nonsense ticketbastard add on?

cheers in advance

j
    You're going to hate this [I know, because I was pissed when I found out a couple years ago.] The ticket price is exactly the same if you drive to a ticketmaster vendor

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

of course 22 is nothing in light of all that but i dont think you or i should have to be penalised AT ALL just because we book online. maybe a small fee but 22 plus the other fee is comical. its adds over 40 dollars for the 'privilege' of booking online! i dunno, i just think 269 is high enough in any case. i get your point but i still think its something you should not have to pay
    adem

Lurker

Face value:$269

Pick-up at a local store in LA: $285
    Requirements: Live near one of the locations, and pick up in person. By the time you drive/gas/time, is it really worth it?

Ticketmaster: $303.60
    Still available.

Yes, the difference of the face value and Ticketmaster is $34. But, if you purchased one ticket at Ticketmaster (for any other show) they still tack on fees. So $34 is nothing you should fret over. If the tickets sold out, how much more are you going to complain when tickets are selling for $600+ on ebay?