Page 9 of 40 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Set Time Predictions- SUNDAY

Default Re: Set Time Predictions- SUNDAY

I initially agreed with what you're saying, rage.
    But I see the other side, too.
    So.. I'll leave it up to you guys. All I know is I'm seeing Gorillaz. hahaa
    (or they could still figure out a way to have Orbital close. you never know.)

Quote Originally Posted by FoxeyLady View Post
    Why not? They did once before, and had a good sized crowd against a headliner that probably sold more tickets than Gorillaz will.
    Right. They have a cult following, which would guarantee enough of a crowd to justify keeping the Sahara open, and aren't rare enough to really upset people.

Also, Charlotte Gainsbourg and Yann Tiersen will not conflict for two reasons:
    1. both are known for movies
    2. both are Frogs
    So I guess switch Yann with Talvin?

Jonsi vs Pavement would be horribly cruel to the Radiohead fans, since there is such a serious overlap among Sigur Ros/Pavement/Radiohead fans, but who knows. Charlotte's slot seems perfect considering the critical response to IRM and the increased attention that will come with Beck being rumored to make and appearance. God, I hope Jonsi tours again before going back to Sigur Ros. I have a feeling he will conflict with someone major because the whole stage show being promised seems like an evening thing, unfortunately.

I'm still trying to think of a scenario that doesn't have Orbital during Pavement or Gorillaz, because two are reunions and one is simply incredibly rare, but it doesn't seem doable.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Why not? They did once before, and had a good sized crowd against a headliner that probably sold more tickets than Gorillaz will.
    I read IM had about 200 people watching them during Rage. 200 people in a 10,000 person tent? So the tent was filled to 2% capacity. Awesome.

I bet IM agreed to play this year with the garauntee they don't play against the headliner AGAIN.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

old school

hhmmmm I heard they had a pretty good sized crowd. Also the fact they moved up in billing seems to suggest they will close the tent.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Since when does billing matter at Coachella? If acts played the stage according to how they are billed, like at Sasquatch, we wouldn't need threads like this.

Well if not Infected Mushroom, then Plastikman seems the most likely.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Why not Club 75?

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Why not Club 75?
    That's what I was thinking.

4/20: Godflesh, Cut Hands @ DNA Lounge
    4/21: The Men @ Rickshaw Stop
    4/26: Simian Mobile Disco, Earth @ Pappy and Harriet's
    5/2-5/4: Austin Psych Fest @ Carson Creek Ranch
    5/10: Joey Anderson @ TBA
    5/17: Kishi Bashi @ GAMH
    5/17: Move D b2b Optimo, Jackmaster, J.Phlip @ PW
    5/21: Baths @ The Independent
    5/30: The Decemberists @ The Crystal Ballroom
    6/27: Fuck Buttons @ The Independent
    6/28: Robyn & Royksopp @ Bill Graham

old school

Since when does billing matter at Coachella? If acts played the stage according to how they are billed, like at Sasquatch, we wouldn't need threads like this.
    Isn't Clumsy basing most of the set times on billing this year?

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

yes, and we have before. but not necessarily set times in order of billing on a given stage.
    I'm constantly going back and looking at past set times vs. billing. most of it is pretty obvious. of course you have to look at billing. It's not just random.

I read IM had about 200 people watching them during Rage. 200 people in a 10,000 person tent? So the tent was filled to 2% capacity. Awesome.
    For the record, that is totally false. I ditched out on Rage's sloppy set and headed straight for Infected Mushroom. That tent was at least half full, and it was a hell of a lot of fun.

I propose that Rusko and The Glitch Mob switch places to avoid a Rusko vs. Florence and the Machine conflict.

Anyone against this idea?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebspeedracer View Post
    o god shut up... im not even that annoying

old school

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    yes, and we have before. but not necessarily set times in order of billing on a given stage.
    I'm constantly going back and looking at past set times vs. billing. most of it is pretty obvious. of course you have to look at billing. It's not just random.
    Right, which is why if Orbital doesn't close (which the very well might) the next most likely act would be IM, according to billing and previous set times.

However I got to thinking what about something like this for the main/sahara:

does this make sense?

Gorillaz 9:30-11:00
    Pavement 7:50-8:50
    Thom Yorke 6:30-7:25

Orbital 10:30-End
    Plastikman
    Infected Mushroom
    Club 75

(This all really depends on how long it's going to take for Gorillaz to set up, because I think Thom Yorke will play during sunset at the latest)

For 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Tandemind View Post
    I propose that Rusko and The Glitch Mob switch places to avoid a Rusko vs. Florence and the Machine conflict.
    That's not a conflict.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Right, which is why if Orbital doesn't close (which the very well might) the next most likely act would be IM, according to billing and previous set times.

However I got to thinking what about something like this for the main/sahara:

does this make sense?

Gorillaz 9:30-11:00
    Pavement 7:50-8:50
    Thom Yorke 6:30-7:25

Orbital 10:30-End
    Plastikman
    Infected Mushroom
    Club 75

(This all really depends on how long it's going to take for Gorillaz to set up, because I think Thom Yorke will play during sunset at the latest)
    http://coachella.com/forum/showthrea...03#post1530903
    as predicted by nostradamus

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    That's not a conflict.
    So you're not opposed to the switch?

old school

The only thing is that if it takes Gorillaz more than about 40-45 minutes to set up, then Thom Yorke will be playing way early, which doesn't seem right.

For 2011

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Tandemind View Post
    So you're not opposed to the switch?
    He's saying there is no reason why Rusko and Florence and the Machine shouldn't conflict so there is no reason to move them.

For 2011

matsuolost, those times would be conceivable between the main and Sahara if Orbital closes out the festival like Justice did. and I know Orbital is huge, but would they pull the sort of crowd Justice did? I mean, would GV leave Orbital as the only act playing after 11? Justice was definitely more "popular" in 08 than Orbital is now. I can definitely see the general masses not being into Orbital.
    EDIT: But I can definitely imagine Orbital closing the Sahara, but not without a Gorillaz conflict/overlap.. which is really unlikely.

and yeah, there's no way Thom Yorke (let alone any subheadliner) would go on at 6:30.
    I'd say 7:30 (just when it gets dark) at the earliest.

I wonder if Gorillaz is going to require a lot of "set up" time.
    Last edited by clumsy342; 02-02-2010 at 02:17 PM.

Why bicker about set times, now, when bands are going to be add on to the lineup?
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

matsuolost, those times would be conceivable between the main and Sahara if Orbital closes out the festival like Justice did. and I know Orbital is huge, but would they pull the sort of crowd Justice did? I mean, would GV leave Orbital as the only act playing after 11? Justice was definitely more "popular" in 08 than Orbital is now. I can definitely see the general masses not being into Orbital.
    EDIT: But I can definitely imagine Orbital closing the Sahara, but not without a Gorillaz conflict/overlap.. which is really unlikely.

and yeah, there's no way Thom Yorke (let alone any subheadliner) would go on at 6:30.
    1st answer: kraftwerk 04
    2nd answer: my morning jacket 08
    and i think sigur ros in 06 also played around the same

edit: i kind of read that wrong, but im not saying gorillaz and orbital will not overlap, i think they will for some half hour or entire hour but thats not too bad
    think depeche mode/daft punk

and thom yorke will be sunset (which is what 6:45-7pm?)
    Last edited by matsuolost; 02-02-2010 at 02:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matsuolost View Post
    1st answer: kraftwerk 04
    2nd answer: my morning jacket 08
    and i think sigur ros in 06 also played around the same time
    1: Kraftwerk weren't the only act playing after 11 in 2004. The Outdoor, Mojave, and Gobi were still going. EDIT: I was comparing Orbital to Justices slot.. but I see in your times, you have the other stages going as well.

2: Roger Waters played for 2.5 hours. That's why MMJ went on at 7.

3: And there were 3 subheadliners in 2006. of course one had to play earlier.

old school

Yeah Yeah Yeahs started at 6:15 last year if I remember correctly.

For 2011

And The Cure played forever.
    Do we think Gorillaz are going to get a 2+ hour set?

old school

No but if they do need lots of set up time it will be almost the same. (Hour and a half set plus 45 minute set up = 2:15) But this is still all speculation. I have a feeling we will hear more soon (especially about who is closing the sahara).

For 2011

Ok, if they followed the 2004 (or sunday from last year) set times, I suppose Gorillaz could end at 10:30/11.
    that would just bump Thom Yorke to an earlier slot. (even though that'd be better suited to Pavement.)
    Do we want to try this?

Or do we want to keep Orbital not closing the Sahara?
    Last edited by clumsy342; 02-02-2010 at 02:43 PM.

1: Kraftwerk weren't the only act playing after 11 in 2004. The Outdoor, Mojave, and Gobi were still going. EDIT: I was comparing Orbital to Justices slot.. but I see in your times, you have the other stages going as well.

2: Roger Waters played for 2.5 hours. That's why MMJ went on at 7.

3: And there were 3 subheadliners in 2006. of course one had to play earlier.
    2. for any reason it happened, it happened. so it could happen again.
    3. the other subheadliner was a sahara headliner so its the same. depeche mode-franz ferdinand-sigur ros were the 3 non-sahara main acts in 06. the third one went on at about 6:45 if not earlier
    the same can be applied this year to gorillaz-pavement-thom.

old school

Ok, if they followed the 2004 set times, I suppose Gorillaz could end at 10:30/11.
    that would just bump Thom Yorke to an earlier slot. (even though that'd be better suited to Pavement.)
    Do we want to try this?
    The only reason this wouldn't make sense is because it's hard to imagine Thom Yorke playing that early... but who knows, I guess it could happen. This day is stacked as fuck so we might see some unusual set times for bands that would normally play at night etc...

For 2011

Even though I hate the idea of Tim Yonkers playing that early... my better judgment tells me that following last year's Sunday times is probably a good bet.

although.. doing it this way would make me really want to suggest a switch in Pavement/Yorke.. but I'm not gonna push it.

old school

I hope Paul T does another interview on Morning Becomes Eclectic this year. We got so much info about set times from that interview.

For 2011