Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Set Time Predictions- SUNDAY

Default Re: Set Time Predictions- SUNDAY

yorke emailed me back, he confirmed himself to be on the outdoor.

jus sayin....

Quote Originally Posted by matsuolost View Post
    dude mayer hawthorne is not gonna be on that early
    and please switch orbital to the end and gorillaz end earlier
    Mayer Hawthorne is 2nd to last line. just sayin.
    feel free to discuss.

Here's the thing about Gorillaz and Orbital.
    Option 1:
    Gorillaz end early and Orbital closes the the night like we've seen in the past, which means Orbital will only play for an hour. Very unlikely given that even Chem Bros (DJ set), Carl Cox, Paul Oakenfold, etc have had long sets in the past. Of all the acts to get more than an hour, Orbital is most deserving.

Option 2:
    Orbital goes on around 9/9:30 and plays 90 min or so, FOLLOWED by Gorillaz to close out the festival on the Main.

which do you think is more likely?

TIM YONKERS!?

well, the organizers know very well how to schedule the acts according to their style (most of the time) and if you listen to mayer youll see there's definately something more going on than just a midday act
    as predicted by nostradamus

Didn't Beirut play the Mojave?

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post

Here's the thing about Gorillaz and Orbital.
    Option 1:
    Gorillaz end early and Orbital closes the the night like we've seen in the past, which means Orbital will only play for an hour. Very unlikely given that even Chem Bros (DJ set), Carl Cox, Paul Oakenfold, etc have had long sets in the past. Of all the acts to get more than an hour, Orbital is most deserving.

Option 2:
    Orbital goes on around 9/9:30 and plays 90 min or so, FOLLOWED by Gorillaz to close out the festival on the Main.

which do you think is more likely?
    im more into #1, let them overlap with gorillaz for half an hour and let them end later and there you go, 2 hours
    as predicted by nostradamus

old school

Mayer Hawthorne is billed on the second lowest line, I have a feeling he will indeed play early.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

These are money set times.

I would first find some stuff to do in the morning, then go King Kahn->Owen Pallett->Deerhunter->Thom Yorke->Pavement->Gorillaz->die happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Do you think that Hypnotic Brass Ensemble and The Big Pink should trade places? The poster placement (bottom line vs. middle of the poster) would support it.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I'd rather see my own gruesome rape and subsequent beheading than see Rammstein.

Crap. SDRE and Jonsi conflictiing with Thom Yorke and Pavement?

Any chance Sunny Day Real Estate will play the Main earlier in the evening? Possibly switching with De La Soul?

Quote Originally Posted by sacleonard View Post
    Do you think that Hypnotic Brass Ensemble and The Big Pink should trade places? The poster placement (bottom line vs. middle of the poster) would support it.
    Yes. Yes I do.
    Actually The Big Pink's placement says to me that they may be playing later in the day. Now's a good time to bring up that I am really not familiar with all the smaller acts. I look to all of you for your best suggestions with that.

Quote Originally Posted by condenser View Post
    Crap. SDRE and Jonsi conflictiing with Thom Yorke and Pavement?

Any chance Sunny Day Real Estate will play the Main earlier in the evening? Possibly switching with De La Soul?
    1. The thought here was that there's no way Jonsi and Yorke will conflict. And no way SDRE and Pavement would either. But I'm totally open to suggestions.

2. I am not all that familiar with SDRE, but from what I know I'd have to say it's really unlikely they'd play the Main.

Coachella:
    Gorillaz-9:40-until
    Thom Yorke????-7:30-8:30
    Phoenix-6:15-7:05
    Spoon-5-5:50
    Charlotte Gainsbourg-3:50-4:35
    Matt & Kim-2:45-3:30
    Mute Math-1:35-2:20

Outdoor:
    Sly and the Family Stone-10:10-until
    Pavement-8:30-9:40
    Sunny Day Real Estate-7-8
    Mayer Hawthorne and the County-5:45-6:35
    Florence and the Machine-4:33-5:20
    King Khan and the Shrines-3:20-4:10
    Babasonicos-2:05-2:55
    The Soft Pack-1-1:45

Sahara:
    Club 75-11:25-until
    Orbital-10-11:10
    Plastikman-8:45-9:45
    TBA-7:35-8:35
    Infected Mushroom-6:25-7:25
    the Glitch Mob-5:15-6:15
    Rusko-4:15-5:15
    TBA-3:15-4:15
    TBA-2:15-3:15
    Delphic-1-2:15
    Paparazzi-12-1

Gobi:
    Gary Numan-11:20-until
    Yo La Tengo-10:05-10:55
    Miike Snow-8:50-9:40
    De La Soul-7:35-8:25
    Yann Tiersen-6:20-7:10
    Talvin Singh-5:10-6
    Little Boots-4-4:50
    Owen Pallett-2:50-3:40
    B.o.B.-1:50-2:30
    Hypnotic Brass Ensemble-12:45-1:35

Mojave:
    Julian Casablancas-10:50-until
    Jonsi-9:30-10:20
    Deerhunter-8:10-9
    the Big Pink-7-7:45
    Hadouken!-6-6:40
    Gil Scott-Heron-5-5:50
    Local Natives-3:55-4:40
    the Middle East-2:50-3:35
    One EskimO-1:45-2:30
    Kevin Devine-12:45-1:30
    Last edited by sangreal; 02-01-2010 at 12:53 PM.

this is a joke right?

ORBITAL is the Sahara
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

lol @ Yann Tiersen in the Sahara.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

You know what sangrial? Just stop it. Please. Your lists are stupid and way off.

how about the changes i made?

Quote Originally Posted by Genedefekt View Post
    You know what sangrial? Just stop it. Please. Your lists are stupid and way off.
    we'll see. ass.

Dude - Infected Mushroom in the Gobi? Not a chance. Never heard of someone who played the Sahara before getting moved into the Gobi.

Dude - Infected Mushroom in the Gobi? Not a chance. Never heard of someone who played the Sahara before getting moved into the Gobi.
    i admit i know very little about electronic artists. but i do know how to put a schedule together. i'm taking your suggestions and adjusting my schedule accordingly.
    Last edited by sangreal; 01-26-2010 at 08:48 AM.

So does everyone else. That's why we're in this thread making a collaborative effort. You can't just throw your own schedule up. Make suggestions and then explain your reasoning.

So does everyone else. That's why we're in this thread making a collaborative effort. You can't just throw your own schedule up. Make suggestions and then explain your reasoning.
    i just threw mine up there add to the collaborative effort. it's not like i said, END THREAD or anything of the sort.

It's not adding to the collaborative effort when you throw your own schedule into the mix. Take a look at the first post on the first page. That's what we're working with. Go ahead and make suggestions of changes to that, and again, add your REASONING.

It's not adding to the collaborative effort when you throw your own schedule into the mix. Take a look at the first post on the first page. That's what we're working with. Go ahead and make suggestions of changes to that, and again, add your REASONING.
    ok. let me try this.

pavement- on outdoor theater(with no one on the main while they setup for gorillaz)

charlotte gainsbourg- with beck likely to show up she will probably be on a bigger stage

mute math on main or outdoor- now this is purely personal, i have seen them 8 or 9 times and they are a big stage band. i've seen them kill some club shows but they should be on a bigger stage.

de la soul- they're going to play earlier in the day, because they have to come back to perform with gorillaz later

I think club 75 will be a lot earlier. They arent justice OR cassius OR busy p, and i dont think they will be treated as if they were a combination of all their fans. The fact is most people dont know who they are, and wont until they see them. I could see them being much earlier in the sahara. I can see the wishful thinking in them against gorillaz as they arent as big of a conflict, but realistically i think they will be playing in the afternoon.
    -tim
    DRUGS ON KIDS

A few hypotheticals:

First, I'll readily admit to having no idea about Gary Numan, but if Phoenix play the Outdoor Stage, I see them either as a sunset show or closing the stage. Their music would probably work well at sunset (especially, well, Love Like A Sunset); and I've mentioned this before, but I think people underestimate how big they are (hence, closing).

Thoughts on Sly and the Family Stone in Spoon's spot? They'd essentially take the Willie Nelson slot from '07, which strikes me as somewhat fitting. I'm not sure they'd play under the sun, though -- seem like a night act.

What are the chances Jonsi or Julian Casablancas don't bring their light shows to Coachella? I'm trying to think of people with big set-ups who did/didn't bring them, and only headliners/sub-headliners really come to mind.

Coachella Junkie

That gives Orbital a conflict with Gary Numan.

Do not want.

The Big Pink are too much of a buzz act to open the main stage. Maybe put Hadouken! in their place and have the mojave go the soft pack>king khan>little boots>big pink. Also, switch Jonsi with Julian Casablancas because Julian's show needs night due to the lights and there is almost a total overlap among Radiohead and Sigur Ros fanbases, so Jonsi and Thom shouldn't be anywhere near each other in set time. I think Club 75 and Plastikman would be more realistic in each others slots.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

I agree with the Big Pink suggestion. Makes sense.

However, Plastikman between Thom Yorke and Pavement makes more sense than Plastikman conflicting with Gorillaz.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

If an act is going to conflict with someone like gorillaz, they have to have enough of a cult following to guarantee a crowd (infected mushroom) or be someone that people that usually live in the tent will stay for (plastikman), otherwise why have anyone play at all if the place is empty.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

just updated my list. on the main stage i think something needs to be added. do you think it's possible that someone(like orbital) plays after gorillaz? or is it just a case of bringing someone like casablancas or jonsi up to the main? i think there will be 2-3 adds to the sahara.