Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Set Time Predictions- SUNDAY

Default Re: Set Time Predictions- SUNDAY

i wish mutemath would play that late but i bet theyll still play when theres light out. thom yorke will play after pavement on mainstage.... just you wait. wont even be stopping byt he sahara on sunday except maybe for infected mushroom
    I am a follower of Harmony Korine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Lufs-al-ot View Post
    Sorry I dont speak retard

Thom Yorke playing after Pavement makes more sense to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Are you fucking kidding me? When EVER do bands that are touring together that play Coachella end up on the same stage MUCH LESS one right after the other?
    Last year. The Kills headlined a tour with The Horrors as the opening act. The Horrors played in the Mojave right before the Kills.
    HEALTH for 2010

wasnt bright eyes / the faint in 05 like that too?

or i guess it was sarcasm

although i dont think passive is capable of that
    as predicted by nostradamus

That's because the Faint were serving as Conor Oberst's backing band or something weird like that.

Didn't know about The Kills/The Horrors, though. Still, I don't see Deerhunter getting Main Stage.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Anything's possible, but not necessarily probable... I say you're right.
    HEALTH for 2010

The Raconteurs and The Kills played together at Lolla '08 before touring together directly after.

I screamed at all my friends to go see that show, and nobody listened. Idiots.

who caaaares about lollaaaa
    as predicted by nostradamus

old school

Quote Originally Posted by margotnuclear View Post
    i wish mutemath would play that late but i bet theyll still play when theres light out. thom yorke will play after pavement on mainstage.... just you wait. wont even be stopping byt he sahara on sunday except maybe for infected mushroom
    you guys are nuts.. i will GUARANTEE Pavement plays after Thom Yorke, it's their first reunion show since Coachella '99..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Coachella Junkie

Holy Shit - I love that schedule. I'd miss Deerhunter, but that's no big deal.

GV, PLEASE keep it that way. No conflicts between Yorke, Numan, and Orbital. Perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Considering the Miike Snow will be doing a DJ set in San Francisco at an event with Major Lazer and Rusko, I think they'll be in the Sahara, too.
    As much as I would like to have Miike Snow in the Sahara it is already stacked with too many artists. Some of whom will be given long or abnormal set times due to the rarity of performance.

That being said I'm all for Miike Snow in the Gobi.

old school

after seeing live stuff of Talvin Singh, i'm POSITIVE they're not gonna be in the Sahara..

http://coachella.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36054

it's DEF a electronic-ish Gobi act.. it's got far too much live instruments, and almost no EDM..

Didn't Paul T already say in an interview that Thom Yorke will be playing directly before Gorillaz?

Also, Gil-Scot Heron and Sly & The Family Stone will NOT conflict.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post

QFT
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Didn't Paul T already say in an interview that Thom Yorke will be playing directly before Gorillaz?

1. Where'd you hear/see that? (I hope that's true)

2. What's a good spot for Gil Scott-Heron?

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

How did it go from "Pavement won't accept anything less than a headliner slot" to "Pavement will not only accept a subhead slot, but play before the second subhead at sunset"?
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

old school

^THIS

that sounds pretty stupid.. link? source?

That is friggin hard to choose from. I guess I'd do Owen Pallet >> Spoon >> Yann Tiersen >> Thom Yorke >> Pavement >> Gorillaz. Just looking at that arouses me. Yikes!

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post

This
    +
    I would hate it if Sunny Day Real Estate conflicted with Spoon, Jonsi, or Thom Yorke.
    Last edited by condenser; 01-25-2010 at 12:20 AM.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post

http://www.mydesert.com/print/articl...az-to-headline

January 20, 2010

2010 Coachella lineup announced; Jay-Z, Muse, Gorillaz to headline

Bruce Fessier
    The Desert Sun

The Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival will have a different look for its 11th edition, set for April 16-18 at the Empire Polo Club in Indio.

As reported early Tuesday on mydesert.com, rapper Jay-Z will headline the festival's opening night, becoming the first solo hip-hop artist to earn that prestigious slot. British alternative band Muse and the animated group Gorillaz will headline the subsequent nights.

Three-day tickets go on sale Friday at 10 a.m. No single-day tickets are being sold at this time, but the festival Web site indicates that they may be sold the weekend of the festival if tickets are available.

Coachella co-founder Paul Tollett said this year's lineup will have more “new breed” acts, especially compared to the past two years headlined by 1960s-era performers Paul McCartney and Roger Waters.

But this year's festival still has retro acts, including funk legends Sly & the Family Stone; disco queen Grace Jones; new wave artists Devo, Gary Numan and Echo and the Bunnymen; punk icon Johnny Rotten with Public Image Limited; and '80s ska band the Specials.

Eccentric director John Waters will give a spoken word performance Saturday, and poet Gil Scott-Heron, who appeared at the first Coachella in 1999, is on the Sunday bill.

Sunday will also feature the recently reformed Pavement, the Grammy-nominated French band Phoenix and a solo set by Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke before a multimedia performance show by Gorillaz closes the festival.

Part-time desert resident Josh Homme will make his fifth Coachella appearance on Friday with Them Crooked Vultures, the “super group” featuring John Paul Jones of Led Zeppelin and Dave Grohl from the Foo Fighters and Nirvana. This will be Homme's record fourth band to play Coachella.

Tollett said layaway ticket sales have been going better than last year's festival when total attendance exceeded 160,000 people. The Los Angeles-based Goldenvoice promoter said there will be as many acts as last year, when 131 artists were featured, but the festival will have a different feel.

Jay-Z, who holds the record for most No. 1 albums by a solo artist on the Billboard top 200 charts, should draw a larger urban audience as the biggest commercial hip-hop artist to perform at Coachella since Kanye West in 2006.

Past Coverage

http://palmsprings.metromix.com/music/photogallery/coachella-2010-lineup-photos/1712484/content">NEW! Coachella 2010 bands
    http://palmsprings.metromix.com/music/photogallery/coachella-09-the-bands/1109992/content">Coachella 2009: The bands - Sunday
    http://palmsprings.metromix.com/music/photogallery/coachella-09-the-bands/1108591/content">Coachella 2009: The bands - Saturday
    http://palmsprings.metromix.com/music/photogallery/coachella-09-the-bands/1105781/content">Coachella 2009: The bands - Friday
    http://palmsprings.metromix.com/music/photogallery/coachella-09-the-fans/1107772/content">Coachella 2009: The fans
    http://palmsprings.metromix.com/music/photogallery/coachella-09-the-scene/1108736/content">Coachella 2009: The scene

Tollett said Muse is “on fire” right now, They fuse alternative, progressive rock, classical and electronica musical styles.Gorillaz, who also fuse a variety of sounds, have a highly anticipated new album scheduled to be released in March with guest appearances by several legendary performers.The lineup is heavy with dance acts for the three tent venues, including LCD Soundsystem, Tiësto, Orbital and David Guetta.

But Coachella pioneered an Internet-listening audience with the indie artists it developed in its mid-size tents and second stage, and that genre will be under the spotlight again.

Critical favorites include Vampire Weekend on Friday, MGMT, Faith No More, Hot Chip and the Jack White-led Dead Weather on Saturday. Julian Casablancas of the Strokes, Spoon, Yo La Tengo and Deerhunter are other popular indie bands performing Sunday.

Tollett described the lineup as containing “some gems,” although reaction was mixed Tuesday on mydesert.com. Haveyounodecency called it a “weak lineup.”

But DesertBruin said it is “the best mixed lineup in the last six years. Sunday is a candidate for best Coachella day ever.”

On the Coachella Web site, joppy-slow said, “Saturday is kinda weak sauce... I may just go Friday and Sunday.”But self-described “Coachella junkie” Feather said, “This may be the best Coachella I've had the pleasure to attend.”

Coachella has won five Pollstar awards in the past seven years as the world's top outdoor music festival. Tollett said his Goldenvoice team tries to “raise the bar” every year and one way it's doing that this year is allowing in-and-out privileges. Car camping will be allowed in lots east of the polo field, as it was for last fall's Phish 8 festival, making in-and-out access possible.

Three-day passes go on sale at 10 a.m. at Ticketmaster outlets and coachella.com

Coachella cast

JAY-Z — The Star: Coachella has showcased hip-hop artists before (Kanye West, Beastie Boys, Kool Keith, Public Enemy), but Jay-Z transcends the genre and boasts the most commercial appeal of any act on the bill. Considering Hova's clout, don't be surprised if Alicia Keys and/or Beyoncé join him on stage.

JOHN WATERS — The Oddball: Following the tradition of Sean Penn and Obama poster artist Shepard Fairey, filmmaker John Waters will offer a spoken word performance Saturday, titled “This Filthy World.”

JOSH HOMME — Old Reliable: The Palm Desert native, who has performed as a part of Queens of the Stone Age, Desert Sessions and Eagles of Death Metal, will play this year with super trio Them Crooked Vultures, featuring Dave Grohl and Led Zeppelin bassist John Paul Jones.

SLY STONE — The Gamble: His talent is legendary, and so are his eccentricities. Sylvester Stewart's last major public appearance was at the 2006 Grammys, in which he donned a blonde mohawk and sang a few lines of “I Want to Take You Higher” before walking off the stage.

JACK WHITE and DAMON ALBARN — The Shapeshifters: These guys always seem to have a new project brewing. This time around, White, who has performed in previous years with the White Stripes and Raconteurs, brings the Dead Weather to Coachella, featuring Alison Mosshart of the Kills.

Albarn, who has appeared with Blur and the Good, the Bad and the Queen, returns with the virtual band Gorillaz in the Sunday night closing slot.

Five surprises on the Coachella bill

PUBLIC IMAGE LIMITED — Former Sex Pistol singer Johnny Rotten's other band.

ECHO AND THE BUNNYMEN — Brooding post-punks best known for the song “The Killing Moon.”

GRACE JONES — Androgynous star of the late '70s disco scene.

GARY NUMAN — One word: “Cars.”

SLY & THE FAMILY STONE — Last major appearance was a typically bizarre one at the 2006 Grammys.

The rumors that weren't true

Five acts that were rumored to be playing at Coachella but didn't make the bill:

SOUNDGARDEN — Grunge godfathers announced plans to reunite but have yet to schedule dates.

THE BEASTIE BOYS — 2003 headliners postponed performances and plans for an album when Adam Yauch (MCA) was diagnosed with cancer in July.

FLAMING LIPS — Latest album is a cover of Pink Floyd's “Dark Side of the Moon” — territory covered by Roger Waters in 2008.

WILCO — “Wilco (The Album)” was one of the best-reviewed discs of '09, but the group hasn't played Coachella since 2005.

THE ROLLING STONES — This longshot got even longer after guitarist Ronnie Wood was arrested in December.

Additional Facts
    The lineup
    FRIDAY, APRIL 16: Jay-Z, LCD Soundsystem, Them Crooked Vultures, Vampire Weekend, Deadmau5, Public Image Limited, The Specials, Grizzly Bear, Passion Pit, Echo and the Bunnymen, Benny Benassi, Fever Ray, Grace Jones, She & Him, Erol Alkan, The Avett Brothers, Calle 13, The Whitest Boy Alive, The Cribs, La Roux, Yeasayer, Lucero, DJ Lance Rock, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Proxy, Ra Ra Riot, Deer Tick, Wolfgang Gartner, Aeroplane, Iglu & Hartly, Sleigh Bells, P.O.S., Baroness, Hockey, Little Dragon, White Rabbits, Wale, Kate Miller-Heidke, As Tall as Lions, Jets Overhead, Alana Grace, Pablo Hassan.

SATURDAY, APRIL 17: Muse, Faith No More, Tiësto, MGMT, David Guetta, The Dead Weather, Hot Chip, Devo, Coheed and Cambria, Kaskade, 2Many DJ's, Major Lazer, Dirty Projectors, Gossip, Z-Trip, The xx, John Waters, Les Claypool, The Raveonettes, Mew, Sia, Camera Obscura, Tokyo Police Club, Porcupine Tree, Old Crow Medicine Show, Aterciopalados, Bassnectar, Frightened Rabbit, Dirty South, Flying Lotus, Corinne Bailey Rae, Pretty Lights, Shooter Jennings, RX Bandits, The Almighty Defenders, Edward Sharp and the Magnetic Zeros, Craze & Klever, Zoe, The Temper Trap, Portugal. The Man, Band of Skulls, Girls, Beach House, Steel Train, Frank Turner.

SUNDAY, APRIL 18: Gorillaz, Pavement, Thom Yorke????, Phoenix, Orbital, Spoon, Sly and the Family Stone, De La Soul, Julian Casablancas, Plastikman, Gary Numan, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Sunny Day Real Estate, Yo La Tengo, MUTEMATH, Deerhunter, Infected Mushroom, Club 75, Matt & Kim, The Big Pink, Gil Scott-Heron, King Khan and the Shrines, Florence and the Machine, Yann Tiersen, Little Boots, Miike Snow, Talvin Singh, Ceu, B.o.B., Babasonicos, Owen Pallett, The Glitch Mob, Mayer Hawthorne, Local Natives, Rusko, The Middle East, Hadouken!, The Soft Pack, Kevin Devine, Paparazzi, Delphic, One EskimO.

Coachella tickets

Three-day passes: $269 plus surcharges. Children 5 and under free. Day parking is free.
    Camping: $55 plus surcharges. Campers may park their cars next to their 10x30-foot spots.

RV camping: $250 for 20x50-foot spots in an RV camping area.

Layaway: Available at coachella.com through Feb. 15 with a 50 percent down payment and the remaining 50 percent deducted from your credit card the first week of March, or 10 percent down and two equal payments due the first week of February and March.

Past Coverage

NEW! Coachella 2010 bands

Coachella 2009: The bands - Sunday

Coachella 2009: The bands - Saturday

Coachella 2009: The bands - Friday

Coachella 2009: The fans

Coachella 2009: The scene

See photos of 2010 Coachella performers and highlights from last year at mydesert.com/coachella

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Possible Miike might hit the Sahara? Maybe switch Yorke and Pavement? I see Yorke opening for Gorillaz more than Pavement but maybe that's just me cause I don't really get into Pavement.

I think a lot of people see Thom before Gorillaz rather then Pavement. Pavement fit better on a sunset slot.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

this is making me even more nervous about missing Jonsi:

I posted this in another thread and thought it should be reposted in as many places as will be seen:

Quote:
    SOOO how come no one pointed this out?

http://www.fiftynineproductions.co.uk/project?p=58

Quote:
    Jónsi Birgisson – best known as the singer from Icelandic post-rock heroes Sigur Rós – is teaming up with Fifty Nine Productions to create an extraordinary new live show that will tour the world from April, in one of the most exciting cross-artform collaborations of the year.

Jónsi’s new album, “Go”, is released on Parlophone in March 2010, and is his first as a solo artist. Working with 59, he is creating an entirely new live show made up of music from the album as well as some other exciting treats!

59 have been called “the most exciting purveyors of video for theatre in the world” (The Herald), and was the company behind the projection design for multi-award winning Iraq war drama Black Watch (NTS), the National Theatre’s West-End record-breaker War Horse, the entirely new projected components for the new tour of the world’s best-loved musical Les Miserables, as well as countless operas and theatre productions around the world.

59 has brought together an exceptional creative team, led by creative director Leo Warner who is executing the design of the show. He is co-designing the set with regular collaborator Phil Eddols and the projection with 59 directors Mark Grimmer and Lysander Ashton.

Lighting designer Bruno Poet (who worked with 59 on Al Gran Sole Carico D’Amore, “the most acclaimed production of 2009 at the Salzburg Festival” will bring his “searing and shadowy emotional palette”; to the new show, ensuring lighting and projection work together seamlessly as one.

The design for the show will be built partly from physical set elements, and partly from ephemeral components conjured up using a combination of projection, light and magic.

Peter Stenhouse, 59’s director of animation, is creating the spectacular and sophisticated animation for the show, drawing out the themes and stories of the music, and which will help to transport the audience from one magical scene to another. Peter was the lead artist behind the virtuosic centrepiece for the Metropolitan Opera’s 125th Gala Anniversary, in which the animals from a famous Chagall mural came to life and led the stunned audience in a animated exploration of the inner workings of the Met stage.

Jónsi will sing his trademark searing vocals, supported by a live band which includes – among others –Riceboy Sleeps collaborator Alex Somers, prodigal composer Nico Muhly, and Móm drummer Samuli Kosminen. You can download the free sample track – Boy Lilikoi – from Jónsi’s web site here: www.jonsi.com

The tour will open in North America in April 2010, and will come to Europe in late May.

59 will be releasing regular updates on the tour schedule and booking details, and will also provide promotional material and sneak-previews of the design and media from Jónsi's live show. Please check back regularly, and follow us on Twitter.

AND THIS AT COACHELLA?!?!?!?

or wait it was posted already. BUT STILL!!!

If anyone doesnt wanna read all of Marcos quote...

Sunday will also feature the recently reformed Pavement, the Grammy-nominated French band Phoenix and a solo set by Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke before a multimedia performance show by Gorillaz closes the festival.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

So, if it's Thom>Gorillaz, it seems to me like the Sahara has to be Orbital>Club 75 (or Orbital>Plastikman). Or Orbital>Infected Mushroom. Basically...Orbital during Thom.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

How about.. Orbital AFTER Gorillaz?

Talvin Singh in Sahara?

How about.. Orbital AFTER Gorillaz?
    Well it says gorillaz is closing the fest. Maybe orbital plays during the setup time presumably required for gorillaz with some thom overlap.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

"Sunday will also feature the recently reformed Pavement, the Grammy-nominated French band Phoenix and a solo set by Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke before a multimedia performance show by Gorillaz closes the festival."

This doesn't, by any means, indicate the order of the performances. If that were the case, it would go Pavement > Phoenix > Thom Yorke > Gorillaz. I think we should assume Pavement before Gorillaz because of billing order.

Does that article on Jonsi mean it has to be on the Main??? Maybe move Phoenix over to the Outdoor at sunset-ish?

EDIT: or maybe it means he'll bring his own screens to the Mohave? With video involved at all, I assume it cant be on the outdoor.