Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Set Time Predictions- SUNDAY

old school

Default Re: Set Time Predictions- SUNDAY

Quote Originally Posted by reactdrummer34 View Post
    Hadouken this year's Pendulum...
    no they're not.. they're this year's Enter Shikari..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by FoxeyLady View Post
    ^ I think you are right. I think Orbital will get that hour and a half set before the (Sahara) headliner just like the Chem bros.
    that doesn't make one shred of sense.. Chem Bros WERE the sahara headliner last year..

old school

Quote Originally Posted by Tandemind View Post
    I propose that Rusko and The Glitch Mob switch places to avoid a Rusko vs. Florence and the Machine conflict.

Anyone against this idea?
    YES. im against it.

let me tell you why:
    GV made a point of moving Rusko up TWO lines on the poster, putting them way higher than Glitch Mob.. if anything needed to be moved it's your silly Florence & The Machine.. the sahara lineup tends to follow the poster booking more than any other stage..

old school

Paparazzi>Delphic>Hadouken>Glitch Mob>Rusko>Plastikman (during Yorke)>Infected Mushroom (during Pavement)>Club 75 (during Gorillaz)>Orbital (closing fest after Gorillaz)..

If you want Rusko to play after Glitch Mob, then we're in agreement. As it stands now, it's the other way around.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebspeedracer View Post
    o god shut up... im not even that annoying

old school

oh, my bad.. i don't believe he's updated his predicted set times graphic since they rearranged the poster however..

Rusko & Infected Mushroom both moved up two lines..

Local Natives says 3pm on myspace.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by nbvcide View Post
    that doesn't make one shred of sense.. Chem Bros WERE the sahara headliner last year..
    I meant the closer.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Paparazzi says "12pm (sahara)" .
    I can't remember if anyone pointed that out already.

Paparazzi>Delphic>Hadouken>Glitch Mob>Rusko>Plastikman (during Yorke)>Infected Mushroom (during Pavement)>Club 75 (during Gorillaz)>Orbital (closing fest after Gorillaz)..
    I like this. I think it needs to be dark for Plastikman (or at least getting dark). Same with Yorke. So this make sense to me.

11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

Casablancas didn't play with any special light show in New York.....just a basic stage setup. i was assuming he would play the outdoor theater. hope so too.
    aaaaaahhhgagagagagagagagoooooooo

I do not envy GV on this one. One way or another, people are going to be pissed off.
    Why on earth did they put that much rare talent into one day?
    see you in '12

Switch Plastikman and Infected and that's probably ideal. This would allow one to see:

Yorke>Plastikman>Gorillaz>Orbital
    see you in '12

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    Paparazzi says "12pm (sahara)" .
    I can't remember if anyone pointed that out already.
    Sounds right. He's nothing special, and someone needs to open up the stage.
    Id say we can lock that one in.

Coachella Junkie

All I want is for Orbital to not conflict with Gary Numan.

Please.

It's all I want.

if Gorillaz and Club75 conflict.....imma hav to choak a bitch
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachTheEskimo View Post
    You're Dumb.

I just don't think Club 75 will be closing the sahara or even starting anytime after sunset. In their case, the whole does not equal the sum of the parts.

Infected Mushroom, Plastikman, and Orbital are all names that correlate direclty with the music they will be playing. Infected Mushroom will be playing their songs, Orbital will be playing a live set of their material. And they are all much more of an attractive pull because of this.

Club 75 on the other hand might as well just be a bunch of no name DJs, it's not like they will only be mixing their own material. Busy P came on the thread about Club 75 and stated this pseudo mission statement of Club 75:

Quote Originally Posted by Busy P
    We started CLUB 75 back in 2002 in Paris, for fun, a way for us to play the music we love in the clubs we like. It will not be about stupid noisy distorded electro (we do it well but not again right ?), CLUB 75 is about Music at large, of course we'll make you dance, but imagine 6 guys behind the decks ready to rumble...
    If the poster said Justice or Cassius or the individual names of any of the others, there would be certain expectations from the crowd about what they were going to play; they would be expected to be mixing mostly their own productions or at least mixing mostly songs that fit into their niche of french touch electro.

But in this case, there are no such expectations. Posters for previous shows they have played have advertised them as spinning a variety of genres from "Hip-hop to Funk to House to Techno to Rock."

It doesn't seem like this is going to be a huge Justice style sahara destroying spectacle. And for that reason I have a pretty good feeling that they will be starting in the late late afternoon or very early evening (probably around sunset), but certainly not after 8:00pm and certainly not closing the tent.

I think Club 75 is going to be awesome and it's definitely going to be a dance party. But it's not gonna be a SHOW and it's not gonna be a SPECTACLE, and they don't even have the kind of name recognition that Infected Mushroom, Plastikman and Orbital have. For this reason I don't think they will be given a highly coveted late night spot in the sahara. They aren't here to blow anyone away, they are here to show us all a good time and get us dancing.

Keep them where they are on the set times right now. I think that looks fine.
    2010 Add Wishlist:
    SebastiAn (Live or DJ Set), Soulwax, Andrew W.K., Melvins, Fantomas, Secret Chiefs 3

Years in attendance: 07>08>>09

Why not friend me on Last.fm?

esy, you realize that your argument for Club 75 not being a show or spectacle actually contributes to a reason why they might be put up against the spectacle of Gorillaz show, right? Late night in the Sahara during a rare closing act isn't necessarily coveted.

11/28: Dixon @ TBA
    12/1: Angel Olsen, Kevin Morby @ GAMH
    12/6: Dream Police @ Brick and Mortar
    12/12: Ancient Methods @ Mercer
    12/13: RRose, Carlos Souffrant @ TBA
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar

I just don't think putting them at night would add any particular intensity or enhanced ambience to their set in the way that it would for Orbital, Plastikman, and Infected Mushroom. I think Goldenvoice still wants to end the long sahara weekend with a bang rather than a slow fade to black.

And of these four acts (Club 75, Orbital, Plastikman, and Infected Mushroom) I would think that Club 75 would have the largest crossover audience with with Gorillaz. Ed Banger tapped into the mainstream rock demographic in a way that EDM had never really managed before.

I think the majority of people who will be populating the crowd at Gorillaz will probably not be fans of Orbital or Infected Mushroom, and certainly not of Plastikman. Gorillaz are a very mainstream act. A conflict with the Richie Hawtwin, the darling of the minimal techno scene, probably would not be anything Goldenvoice is too worried about.

Also Club 75 IS going to have a long set. Any one of the members of this supergroup would probably have an hour long set at least if they DJ'd on their own. In 2007, just before Ed Banger really blew up on the EDM scene, "Busy P & DJ Mehdi" had a 2 HOUR set.

So if Club 75 closes and has a 90-120min set, that means that Orbital, who would have to have an equal if not longer set being the sahara headliner, would have to go on around 8:00pm. The Sahara headliner for that day and arguably the 2nd biggest name in EDM on the lineup taking the stage at 8:00pm? That just doesn't seem right.

Club 75 will not close the sahara, they will be the 4th (or at the very most 3rd) act to the end of the night.

Keep them where they are on the set times right now. I think that looks fine. I think that makes sense.
    2010 Add Wishlist:
    SebastiAn (Live or DJ Set), Soulwax, Andrew W.K., Melvins, Fantomas, Secret Chiefs 3

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by esy191 View Post
    And of these four acts (Club 75, Orbital, Plastikman, and Infected Mushroom) I would think that Club 75 would have the largest crossover audience with with Gorillaz. Ed Banger tapped into the mainstream rock demographic in a way that EDM had never really managed before.
    Heres the thing: Out of the overlapping audience, how many people actually know who Club 75 are? It's not a very well known project to my knowledge. I'm sure there are plenty of Justice hipsters that have no idea who Club 75 are. Hell, I didn't know the name until I saw on the poster, and I spend way too much time on this board (and the internet for that matter) talking music, and I never saw the name mentioned. (and like it or not, that kinda does say something.)

I can see either Club 75 or Plastikman playing against Gorillaz. Club 75 because of the lack of finesse, and Plastikman because it's an act that will satisfy the sahara heads and that most of the non-regulars won't be too sore about missing. I would say Infected Mushroom would, but I don't think GV will shaft them again like they did in 07. I'm guessing they will play at sunset-ish.

But in the end, all I want is for Gary Numan to NOT conflict with Orbital.

Here's what I want:

Mainstage: (tentative, maybe move everything earlier to prevent Gorillaz vs Orbital)
    Pavement or Thom Yorke: 7:50 to 9:00
    Gorillaz: 9:30 to 10:45/11

Sahara:
    Infected Mushroom 6:00 to 7:00
    Plastikman: 7:00 to 9:00
    Club 75: 9:00 to 10:15
    Orbital 10:30 - close

Outdoor:
    dont care
    Gary Numan: 9:00 - 10:00
    dont care

That what would be more than ideal for me.

/rant
    Last edited by betao; 02-03-2010 at 10:16 PM.

where is this logic coming from that thom yorke solo would play after pavements first US date of there reunion, I just don't get it

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by seyrnon View Post
    where is this logic coming from that thom yorke solo would play after pavements first US date of there reunion, I just don't get it
    Doesn't matter that much to me which one goes first, and it could go either way honestly. Thom Yorke is a very big deal too.

I may cry a little if Thom Yorke goes on at like.. 6pm. ambiance ruined.
    but yes, logically Thom will go on before Pavement.
    ... too bad there's no chance Deerhunter will play during Pavement.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    Heres the thing: Out of the overlapping audience, how many people actually know who Club 75 are? It's not a very well known project to my knowledge. I'm sure there are plenty of Justice hipsters that have no idea who Club 75 are. Hell, I didn't know the name until I saw on the poster, and I spend way too much time on this board (and the internet for that matter) talking music, and I never saw the name mentioned. (and like it or not, that kinda does say something.)
    It's only been about two weeks since the lineup was announced. I guarantee you that by the time April 18th rolls around, all those oblivious hipsters you mentioned will have a much better idea of who Club 75 is.

Busy P and friends want people in that tent dancing during their set, they are not just gonna keep Club 75's identity virtually a secret so that only the die-hard fans show up.

I'm not expecting them to revise the poster to have it say "Club 75 (Busy P, Justice, Cassius, Dj Mehdi)," in fact Busy P said they didn't want to do any such thing on this very message board. However, I do think they are gonna do their best in the next few months to let everybody who has supported Ed Banger artists and gone to their shows in the past know about this (semi) new project so that they don't miss it.

As I said before, nobody wants an empty tent during their DJ set. Especially when, with a little promotional effort, you could have a packed one.

If you look back at the 2007 poster, Justice was on the second to last line for Saturday. But with a little bit of promotion and alot of hype, they were given a primo 8:30-9:15 slot and had a full crowd. They practically headlined the tent that night.

It's gonna take alot more than a weird name to stop Club 75 from packing the Sahara and subsequently ripping it a new one.
    2010 Add Wishlist:

I can see how Matt and Kim seems logical to be playing on the Main Stage, but that just doesn't feel right. They're more of an enclosed venue type band as it creates a better experience for dancing/moshing fans, so I say the Gobi or Mojave. Anyone agree with me on this?

Frankly, everyone's insistence on them playing the main stage has been very odd to me. I really can't picture it, I think the stage would eat them alive.

Are Matt and Kim that different from Tegan and Sarah in '08? They played afternoon main stage.

Very different. Matt and Kim on any stage other than the Main Stage. I demand it. NOW.

Quote Originally Posted by seandlr View Post
    Very different. Matt and Kim on any stage other than the Main Stage. I demand it. NOW.
    I don't think matt and kim can really take over a stage that big, I could be wrong though
    Last edited by seyrnon; 02-06-2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: I spells badly