Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Set Time Predictions- SATURDAY

Default Re: Set Time Predictions- SATURDAY

yeah.. I don't think Les Claypool will be on the main.. it's just.. no. he won't.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Yes. They will put Sia on the mainstage at night on Saturday. Because that makes a lot of sense.

Look at past Coachella set times, if a band play at night in a tent, and returns to Coachella, they usually play the mainstage/outdoor during the day. Example Gogol Bordello in 2007 closing the Mojave. Then Gogol Bordello in 2008 playing at 5 on the mainstage. Or it can work vice versa. Example, Animal Collective 2006 on the Outdoor. Then, Animal Collective in 08 at night in the mojave. Sia will not be returning to the tents, she will either be outdoor or mainstage mid-day.
    5 p.m. I'm fine with. 1 a.m. I'm not.

If Sia plays at 5, she's playing the Mojave.

My guess is early Main or Outdoor.

Me too.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I still haven't posted a scenario in which Devo would be in the Mojave.
    (because of their visual show)
    I'm going to work on that now.
    it'll probably be a while...
    I need to try Sia on the Main, Claypool on the Outdoor. andddd.. i dont know what else. i need help

Mabe post a rough version of what you are working on now and what you need help with.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

well.. one of the biggest thing is... (and I hesitate in saying this) ... putting Hot Chip in the Sahara....

I mean.. their new album blows shit.
    It's not dancey... It's not good. I am really surprised they are playing AGAIN..
    But... without them, there are 8 acts in the Sahara.. And well, they've been there before... so who knows? Oh! Also, IF Hot Chip were in the Sahara, that would mean there are SIX high billed (big font) sahara acts.. And.. well, that's ridiculous.

One thing is for sure, this is the most difficult day. Between all the FNM, Gossip, Muse, Dead Weather, Coheed, etc, etc, etc.. it just seems nuts.

Hot Chip will be outdoor. MAYBE even mainstage. Im thinking outdoor though.

And don't be afraid to only have 8 Sahara acts right now. Remember, there may be additions along the way.

EDIT: Wait... the schedule you have up right now has 10 Sahara acts. Why do you now have 8?

woops. miscounted. there's 9. without hot chip.
    I think they'll be outdoor too. I just need to figure it out.

Clumsy, could we possibly have an update on the set times poster soon? I feel like we gotten alot of new info/insights in the last week.

Thanks again, for doing this stuff. You're a champ.
    2010 Add Wishlist:
    SebastiAn (Live or DJ Set), Soulwax, Andrew W.K., Melvins, Fantomas, Secret Chiefs 3

Years in attendance: 07>08>>09

Why not friend me on Last.fm?

I just hope David Guetta & Tiesto are at the same time
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    yeah.. I don't think Les Claypool will be on the main.. it's just.. no. he won't.
    outdoor theater all the way. Im interested in checking his set out, does he ever do the south park song?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Ahahaha yeah that would also be my most looked-forward-to song.

Porcupine Tree's MySpace says 8 pm. This worries me.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Probably not right. 8 is usually a default for some. Spoons says theyre going on 8 also which i seriously doubt..

old school

yeah most bands myspace has them listed at 8... along with every other show they have scheduled. 8 pm is the default time.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    outdoor theater all the way. Im interested in checking his set out, does he ever do the south park song?
    haha I was thinking about this last night, it would be hella cool, although he did not play it last year when i saw him
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Can't tell if these guys are insistent about their time slot, or just excited to play Coachella in general. You'll see what I mean:

http://portugaltheman.net/content/tourdates/

Anyway, they claim to be playing 11pm.

Hmm... perhaps closing the Gobi? Still... based on their billing it seems way to late for them.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

They seem pretty stoked about it
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Well, why would they lie? If they've been at Coachella before, it seems to make sense that they could close one of the tents instead of having just an earlier slot on the Outdoor.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Which Coachella have they been at before?

For some reason I thought they were there in 2008. But now I think I'm wrong. Hm...well, if I am, then disregard my earlier statement.

9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

So I haven't been through every page so I apoligize in advance if I argue for something that has already been adressed and resolved. First off, Z-Trip is too hip hop oriented to play the Sahara. I'm pretty sure its Cut Chemist who is on the Coachella dvd and he plays on the Outdoor stage (I might be wrong on this.) So, I'm pretty convinced he'll be on the outdoor stage. As for the XX, I really don't see them in the Mojave.Their music isn't very fitting for that tent, but who ever said that the Mojave only plays certain genres, right? Like Z-Trip, I'm convinced the XX will play on the Outdoor stage. Besdies that, saturday looks great.

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    well.. one of the biggest thing is... (and I hesitate in saying this) ... putting Hot Chip in the Sahara....

I mean.. their new album blows shit.
    It's not dancey... It's not good. I am really surprised they are playing AGAIN..
    But... without them, there are 8 acts in the Sahara.. And well, they've been there before... so who knows? Oh! Also, IF Hot Chip were in the Sahara, that would mean there are SIX high billed (big font) sahara acts.. And.. well, that's ridiculous.

One thing is for sure, this is the most difficult day. Between all the FNM, Gossip, Muse, Dead Weather, Coheed, etc, etc, etc.. it just seems nuts.
    Normally I would say that Hot Chip needs to be moved to a bigger stage considering the crowd they pulled in 2008 (despite being awful), but I think they could play again, but only during Tiesto. Isn't that what happened in 2007 with the trance dj playing the main, while a more hipstery band plays the sahara?
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by seandlr View Post
    So I haven't been through every page so I apoligize in advance if I argue for something that has already been adressed and resolved. First off, Z-Trip is too hip hop oriented to play the Sahara. I'm pretty sure its Cut Chemist who is on the Coachella dvd and he plays on the Outdoor stage (I might be wrong on this.) So, I'm pretty convinced he'll be on the outdoor stage. As for the XX, I really don't see them in the Mojave.Their music isn't very fitting for that tent, but who ever said that the Mojave only plays certain genres, right? Like Z-Trip, I'm convinced the XX will play on the Outdoor stage. Besdies that, saturday looks great.
    Indie hype bands are almost always in the mojave or on the outdoor. The ones with the most energy and/or the most hype get the outdoor, while everyone else gets the mojave. The xx will be in the mojave.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Normally I would say that Hot Chip needs to be moved to a bigger stage considering the crowd they pulled in 2008 (despite being awful), but I think they could play again, but only during Tiesto. Isn't that what happened in 2007 with the trance dj playing the main, while a more hipstery band plays the sahara?
    Hot Chip could easily be 2010's Rapture.

old school

Yeah I'm beginning to think Hot Chip might close the Sahara. Also, could Z-Trip close the outdoor possibly? (A la DJ Shadow in 07).
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Quote Originally Posted by FoxeyLady View Post
    Yeah I'm beginning to think Hot Chip might close the Sahara. Also, could Z-Trip close the outdoor possibly? (A la DJ Shadow in 07).
    If it were Tiesto and Hot Chip, a non electronic act would have to close the outdoor.

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Indie hype bands are almost always in the mojave or on the outdoor. The ones with the most energy and/or the most hype get the outdoor, while everyone else gets the mojave. The xx will be in the mojave.
    I might agree with you on the Outdoor stage theory but not fully only because Jenny Lewis and Bright Eyes played the Outdoor stage. If the XX do play the Mojave, there is no way in hell they deserve Beirut's/ Animal Collectives slot.

Jenny Lewis had no business being on the Outdoor at night. Earlier in the day would have been perfect.