Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Set Time Predictions- SATURDAY

Default Re: Set Time Predictions- SATURDAY

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    I like it, here's my list of annotations:

- Swap Dirty Projectors with Les Claypool (allows crossover audience with Muse/FNM to see Les)
    - Swap Mew and the xx, then swap Beach House and the xx

That looks fairly more realistic
    I concur with these thoughts. It could be left alone as well and it'd be fine. Watch clumsy get a job from GV for scheduling and booking.
    Last edited by theecat; 01-29-2010 at 10:09 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

- Swap Dirty Projectors with Les Claypool (allows crossover audience with Muse/FNM to see Les)
    AGREE.

- Swap The Temper Trap (new-ish indie band) with The Almighty Defenders (include members of the Black Lips and also one of the garage rock bands is bound to play late at night)
    DISAGREE. A Muse vs. Devo vs. Almight Defenders vs. (if he doesnt get moved) Les Claypool conflict would be brutal. Plus, Black Lips have already played at night in the mojave. I think The Almighty Defender will be daytime in either the Gobi or Mojave.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I love it...please Goldenvoice follow this schedule!

old school

i agree with moving Les Claypool (i've been saying this whole time that the Mojave at night is a bad fit, he can easily come across well during the day), but instead of passive's theory, i think:

put Les Claypool in Shooter Jennings slot, put Shooter Jennings in RX Bandits slot, then put RX Bandits where Les Claypool originally was..

i would also swap FlyLo with Pretty Lights.. (i've seen Pretty Lights open for FlyLo, i would be surprised if they were booked the other way around)

personally, i like it the way it is for personal no-conflict reasons, but the changes above make it more realistic imo..
    Last edited by nbvcide; 01-29-2010 at 08:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

WHO IS OUR SUNSET, OUTDOOR ACT ON SATURDAY?

Because it has to be one of the acts in larger font. period.
    I'd say Dirty Projectors are the obvious choice, but it could also pooosssibly go to Gossip maybe even Hot Chip? But not Les Claypool.

Not only is Les not billed for Sunset Outdoor, but he is not going to yield as many people as you all may think. Les Claypool is there for FNM fans.

Hot Chip should be later i think maybe even closing a stage i dunno i dont like the idea that they might conflict with Faith No More.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by clumsy342 View Post
    According to this schedule, Gossip getsmost of sunset. Dirty Projectors would play roughly 6:20-7:10, then Gossip would play 7:35-8:25. Looking at the schedule last year, the "sunset" bands started between 7-7:30. So Dirty Projectors would see the beginning of sunset, but Gossip would get most of the "sunset" slot. Maybe Gossip and Hot Chip should switch places?

And since Dirty Projectors arent the "sunset" band anymore, them and Les can switch.

Nbvcide didn't have an absolutely retarded idea this time either. The only thing I don't like about his idea is where to put RX Bandits. Hmmm...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    Hot Chip should be later i think maybe even closing a stage i dunno i dont like the idea that they might conflict with Faith No More.
    Who the flying fuck is going to have a breakdown over the fact that Faith No More and Hot Chip, two bands that sound NOTHING ALIKE and share virtually NO crossover audience, are playing at the same time?

Also, you guys seem to have no fucking clue as to how popular Les Claypool is. First off, you can count on his audience consisting of virtually every bass player in a 100-200 mile radius of Southern California showing up to watch him jerk off on bass in front of them. Also, you guys can't actually think they'll put TWO artists who have less than 4 popular albums out (Grizzly Bear and Dirty Projectors because, let's face it, who listens to pre-Bitte Orca DP?) on at sunset. No, it'll be Les, especially since he'll draw equal to or greater than Paul Weller.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

I do have Dirty Projectors as an EARLY sunset.. I was going for the Decemberists slot in 07. So no, technically I don't have DP at sunset on this schedule.

As it is, I can't switch DP and Claypool unless you guys think both DP and XX (bigger billed acts) are BOTH playing the mojave. (XX def. is, so I doubt DP will too)

Switch Shooter Jennings and Les Claypool? You think he'd play that early on the Outdoor? I mean, I'm fine with it. I just don't know if that's a good move or not.

Any chance The XX would play the Gobi? If so, then we could take another high-billed outdoor act and stick em in the Mojave. (DP or even Gossip?) Or, like I said unless you guys think 2 high-billed acts are playing the mojave.

Also, you guys can't actually think they'll put TWO artists who have less than 4 popular albums out (Grizzly Bear and Dirty Projectors because, let's face it, who listens to pre-Bitte Orca DP?) on at sunset. No, it'll be Les, especially since he'll draw equal to or greater than Paul Weller.
    See Rilo Kiley and The National in 08.
    Also see Fleet Foxes last year.
    (edit: Peaches and Ghostface were total flukes.)

Also, being third line, Paul Weller was BILLED for sunset Outdoor. Les Claypool isn't.

The XX could probably headline the Gobi.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

man i have so many conflicts:
    gossip v mew v camera obscura
    the xx v beach house v major lazer

fuuuck
    last.fm/user/killakat

Any chance The XX would play the Gobi? If so, then we could take another high-billed outdoor act and stick em in the Mojave. (DP or even Gossip?) Or, like I said unless you guys think 2 high-billed acts are playing the mojave.
    I think the XX would make for a very full Gobi, regardless of conflicts. I doubt it'll happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

old school

Because it has to be one of the acts in larger font. period.
    I'd say Dirty Projectors are the obvious choice, but it could also pooosssibly go to Gossip maybe even Hot Chip? But not Les Claypool.

Not only is Les not billed for Sunset Outdoor, but he is not going to yield as many people as you all may think. Les Claypool is there for FNM fans.
    no, he's there for Primus fans, and billed lower because he's solo..

and Flogging Molly closed the outdoor in '08, you wanna go check that poster and see how far down they were billed? it was a helluva lot lower than Claypool is..

Les Claypool is billed the same place as Jenny Lewis & Public Enemy were last year, they also both played nighttime Outdoor.. i'm simply saying Les Claypool has better suited music for daytime, i'm not saying sunset, he could play at 4-5pm and it would work, just Outdoor..

old school

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Nbvcide didn't have an absolutely retarded idea this time either.
    WOW!!! thank you!!!

lolz

Also, you guys seem to have no fucking clue as to how popular Les Claypool is.
    i agree, that's why nighttime mojave is a joke, that would put him below the mojave headliner..

Les Claypool headlined *********, 15,000 people or so, he headlined over acts like Bassnectar, Caspa, Coco Rosie, FlyLo, Pretty Lights (all small acts in comparison, hell, most of the ones i just named weren't even at the top of the Symbi poster)..

Outdoor stage is for him, but HE DOESN'T NEED TO PLAY AT NIGHT!

sooooooooooooooo many acts on there NEED to play at night, the ones that are awesome during the day should PLAY DURING THE DAY.

old school

The XX could probably headline the Gobi.
    what does that even mean?? or do you mean closer?

Mojave headliner usually plays around 6/6:30pm
    Outdoor headliner usually plays around 7/7:30pm
    Sahara headliner plays right before the Main Stage headliner (except for the Justice/Daft times the Sahara closes out the fest)

i've never seen any correlation between the highest billed Gobi act and any particular set time..

hahha, maybe the Gobi headliner is the only good act that ends up there.

And nbvcide, you're right about the Jenny Lewis/Public Enemy thing. The strange part is that this year, since we have such a great lineup is that, we have high-billed acts in slots that have been previously held by lower billed acts.
    Which makes me think either:
    1. They are just stacking this year.
    or
    2. We're off in our predictions.

I'm trying to say that it seems like we should have some lower-billed acts playing the outdoor late. Like hmm.. Porcupine Tree or some shit. You know what I mean? the outdoor is never.. NEVER this stacked. (haha, maybe that lurker was right, and the main IS the new outdoor and Gorillaz will have their own stage up all weekend!)

old school

I still think you should move FlyLo to the gobi at night and move Corinne Bailey Rae to the mainstage.

Also there is no way Hot Chip, Muse and The xx conflict.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Quote Originally Posted by FoxeyLady View Post
    I still think you should move FlyLo to the gobi at night and move Corinne Bailey Rae to the mainstage.
    If Paolo Nutini played the main stage, Corinne definitely can.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

old school

Yeah I was thinking Paolo Nutini/Joss Stone. She sorta fits in that category.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

i like the way this looks too
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

I had Corrine Bailey Rae on the Main originally. but I looked at it again.. and if the trends in billing stay consistent, she's not really billed for main stage.
    that's just my thought.

And, there's already 8 acts on the Main Stage, so there's really no room for anyone else.

old school

I think the main point is that FlyLo can't be during the day if the video thing is true. And the gobi would be perfect with its two video screens. Like PBW last year.

For 2011

i will tell you now they will NOT have 5 acts starting at 11
    http://soundcloud.com/laflur

Monthly Promotional Mix Series now available

old school

Quote Originally Posted by goldfromla View Post
    i will tell you now they will NOT have 5 acts starting at 11
    Why not? thats how it was on saturday last year.

For 2011

I had Corrine Bailey Rae on the Main originally. but I looked at it again.. and if the trends in billing stay consistent, she's not really billed for main stage.
    that's just my thought.

And, there's already 8 acts on the Main Stage, so there's really no room for anyone else.
    I think CBR works in a tent; might move her to the Mojave for the James Blunt-type spot, but she doesn't have to be Mainstage.

I think the Beach House/XX conflict is unlikely, though. I feel like those acts are fairly similar; maybe it's my personal interest butting in, but I'm hoping one of them will be earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by FoxeyLady View Post
    Dorkfish said in another thread that he is working on a special video thing for his performance. I really doubt he will be on during the day.
    It's true. His visual guy even put the date up on his MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/strangelooptv
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

With respect to the 1/29 update:

I suggest that MGMT and The Dead Weather will switch stages. The Dead Weather will get the sunset slot on the main stage, with MGMT getting the Silversun Pickups slot at the outdoor.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebspeedracer View Post
    o god shut up... im not even that annoying

old school

Dead Weather have more of a daytime sound, and MGMT would sound better at night, right before Muse..

old school

hahha, maybe the Gobi headliner is the only good act that ends up there.
    ouch.. quit hanging around the main stage all weekend, the Gobi & Mojave are usually my favorite tents..

Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    If Paolo Nutini played the main stage, Corinne definitely can.
    Paolo Nutini was billed a lot higher..