Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: corporate greed?

Default corporate greed?

I, like many of you, cannot understand the reason for selling only 3-day passes to this year's festival. If anything, I might understand the intention of trying to prevent scalping, but it seems like it causes a lot more suffering for the actual fans.

My brother & I have attended every day of every Coachella Festival since it started back in '99, and for the first time in all those years I won't be attending the festival. I had intended on being there for Sunday, with a strong probability of buying a ticket for Saturday as well, but there is nothing on Friday's line-up (albeit w/ a very few minor exceptions) that would persuade me to pay an extra $100. Without trying to start a huge debate over the legitimacy of the line-up: Jay-Z? Are you kidding?

I'm mostly just curious why, after all these years, Goldenvoice has decided that you MUST buy a $300 ticket, even if you can't attend all 3 days. Not to be vindictive, but I hope the attendance this year is lacking enough for them to never do this again. If anything, I think we deserve some explanation.

And driving all the way to Indio to try to buy a ticket on the day of the event, whether or not they may be available, is not a veritable solution.
    every day, every year

Default Re: corporate greed?

k...

Can't attend all three days? Sounds more like you don't want to attend all three days.

Why do you still want to buy a single day ticket from those evil corporate bastards?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

no, i can't attend all three days. my bro just had a new baby so he's not going & my g/f just started a new job (teaching) so she can't take friday AND monday off work (and can't drive home sunday after the show), and my broke ass is between vehicles so there's no way i'd be able to make it on friday... not that i'm too disappointed, of course.
    every day, every year

Dump the g/f & fork out the dough. Get your priorities straight.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Do the Bonnaroo people bitch this much about having to buy a 3 day pass?
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by GaragePoet View Post
    I, like many of you, cannot understand the reason for selling only 3-day passes to this year's festival. If anything, I might understand the intention of trying to prevent scalping, but it seems like it causes a lot more suffering for the actual fans.

My brother & I have attended every day of every Coachella Festival since it started back in '99, and for the first time in all those years I won't be attending the festival. I had intended on being there for Sunday, with a strong probability of buying a ticket for Saturday as well, but there is nothing on Friday's line-up (albeit w/ a very few minor exceptions) that would persuade me to pay an extra $100. Without trying to start a huge debate over the legitimacy of the line-up: Jay-Z? Are you kidding?

I'm mostly just curious why, after all these years, Goldenvoice has decided that you MUST buy a $300 ticket, even if you can't attend all 3 days. Not to be vindictive, but I hope the attendance this year is lacking enough for them to never do this again. If anything, I think we deserve some explanation.

And driving all the way to Indio to try to buy a ticket on the day of the event, whether or not they may be available, is not a veritable solution.

I, like many of you, cannot understand the reason for selling only 3-day passes to this year's festival (it makes sencse to me). If anything, I might understand the intention of trying to prevent scalping(assumming), but it seems like it causes a lot more suffering for the actual fans(your suffering?).

My brother & I have attended every day of every Coachella Festival since it started back in '99(impressive), and for the first time in all those years I won't be attending the festival(sucks to be you). I had intended on being there for Sunday(good), with a strong probability of buying a ticket for Saturday as well(even better), but there is nothing on Friday's line-up (albeit w/ a very few minor exceptions) that would persuade me to pay an extra $100(your kidding right?). Without trying to start a huge debate over the legitimacy of the line-up(hardly): Jay-Z? Are you kidding(no)?

I'm mostly just curious why, after all these years(this is new?), Goldenvoice(Coachellla) has decided that you MUST buy a $300 ticket, even if you can't attend all 3 days. Not to be vindictive(big word), but I hope the attendance this year is lacking enough for them to never do this again(supportive fan). If anything, I think we deserve some explanation(you and your brother right?).

And driving all the way to Indio to try to buy a ticket on the day of the event, whether or not they may be available, is not a veritable(another big word) solution.

Take your changes and wait it out. Tell you brother I said hi.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

LOL Henry
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I'm wondering how much car camping and no one day passes might change things this year. Might kinda move the festival in a good direction - fewer "tourists" out for a day? More people camping onsite? More late night entertainment - like the Dome last year? I love that GV is willing to try some new things.

I think it will result in a major douchebag reduction.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

The festival costs the same as it usually does. I don't understand how any of this has to do with greed.

Also, Nobody deserves anything. Feel lucky that that someone is going through all of the extremely hard work to put on such an exceptional festival.

Also, it's really your own fault that you don't know enough of the incredible bands that are playing on Friday and that 1 act playing at the end of the night while several other acts are playing at the exact same time, afetr doznes of acts have played earlier in the day, is enough to dissuade you from going for a day entirely.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

old school

I love that you can only buy three day passes (at least so far) it eliminates the pansies. I do hope GV makes a lot of money this year though, because I feel they did an extraordinary job on the lineup and also I like that their changing shit up this year with car camping, beer in the grounds, early layaway options, etc...
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I think it will result in a major douchebag reduction.
    Reduced by at least 1 for sure...

You forgot his brother.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

The festival costs the same as it usually does. I don't understand how any of this has to do with greed.
    THANK YOU! I've been saying this all day.

People are so self centered that they think that because it potentially costs THEM more, it somehow means the festival is getting more money. What they want is to get the SAME amount of money, but from fewer, "better" people. I say "better", because someone who goes all 3 days is more into it, more supportive of the festival, more likely to have more fun.

If anything, the potential is there to make less. People who are there all weekend might be more frugal with their food/beer money. There are fewer potential people to sell T-shirts to.

AND, they made camping cheaper this year.

Quote Originally Posted by GaragePoet View Post
    Main Entry: ver·i·ta·ble
    Pronunciation: \ˈver-ə-tə-bəl\
    Function: adjective
    Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from verité
    Date: 15th century

: being in fact the thing named and not false, unreal, or imaginary —often used to stress the aptness of a metaphor <a veritable mountain of references>

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    I, like many of you, cannot understand the reason for selling only 3-day passes to this year's festival (it makes sencse to me). If anything, I might understand the intention of trying to prevent scalping(assumming), but it seems like it causes a lot more suffering for the actual fans(your suffering?).

My brother & I have attended every day of every Coachella Festival since it started back in '99(impressive), and for the first time in all those years I won't be attending the festival(sucks to be you). I had intended on being there for Sunday(good), with a strong probability of buying a ticket for Saturday as well(even better), but there is nothing on Friday's line-up (albeit w/ a very few minor exceptions) that would persuade me to pay an extra $100(your kidding right?). Without trying to start a huge debate over the legitimacy of the line-up(hardly): Jay-Z? Are you kidding(no)?

I'm mostly just curious why, after all these years(this is new?), Goldenvoice(Coachellla) has decided that you MUST buy a $300 ticket, even if you can't attend all 3 days. Not to be vindictive(big word), but I hope the attendance this year is lacking enough for them to never do this again(supportive fan). If anything, I think we deserve some explanation(you and your brother right?).

And driving all the way to Indio to try to buy a ticket on the day of the event, whether or not they may be available, is not a veritable(another big word) solution.

Take your changes and wait it out. Tell you brother I said hi.
    Okay. I agree with most of your sentiments, but MY GOD you have terrible grammar...

"You are" is contracted "You're" NOT "Your"...why is that so hard for people?

Your right. Sorry.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

CORPORATIONS SUCK BRO TOTALLY H8 THEM MGMT FOR LIFE

As usual it seems the paid help tries to pounce on posts like this.

But very understandable and im not going this year because of similar problems.

Sucks Greed

and what any other festival crowd does has no bearing on this, voice your opinion...

u commy bastards

Quote Originally Posted by depechemodekraftwerk View Post
    As usual it seems the paid help tries to pounce on posts like this.

But very understandable and im not going this year because of similar problems.

Sucks Greed

and what any other festival crowd does has no bearing on this, voice your opinion...

u commy bastards
    Seriously, no one cares.
    For your health

This thread doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

I am personally excited about this 3 day pass only news. It make a lot of sense for us (the festival goers) and GV.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I think it's slightly funny how so many feel the need to jump into every one of these threads to defend Goldenvoice and their decision. Let people bitch a little bit. They're frustrated and venting, it's understandable. Bonnaroo's ticket system has nothing to do with this. They've been doing it this way for the entire life of their festival, this is the first time Coachella has done it this way in 11 years of existence. It caught some people off guard and is forcing some people to reconsider attending...I can see why it would frustrate some.

It's cool that you like the decision and I'm happy that you get to go and have fun.
    '99-'11...

did you guys miss the fact that we've been every day of every year so far? that would account for a lot more time spent at the fest than most of the people here... so quit all the "real fans" shit for a minute. i'm just wondering why, after all these years (yes, this IS new), can you not buy single-day passes. it doesn't make much sense... no one here has actually made any argument for the case.
    every day, every year

Having the 3-day pass only is probably the reason Coachella is now allowed to have ins and outs. Something people have been requesting for 11 years. Well everyone, GV delivered.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

A three-day pass with ins&outs wouldn't explain not having one-day passes. Other festivals (Lolla) let people with three-day wristband come and go as they please but single day tickets, scanned once at the gate, don't get that privilege.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

GaragePoet, sorry to hear about this. Of all the years the ticketing format could change it's highly unfortunate that it comes on the year you have scheduling conflicts. Your best bet for answers is likely to email Goldenvoice directly. Given the candid nature of board, chances of you getting any official response here are unlikely. Cheers.

For a glass half-full perspective: I think single day tickets were $99/day as opposed to $269/3-day. The 3-day pass comes out to $303 after fees this year. So you'd be paying an extra ~$80 as opposed to ~$100. I know thats not chump change but it is a few extra frozen lemonades or your favorite confection covered. Not to mention, Sunday, just look at it... kinda sexy.
    Last edited by boarderwoozel3; 01-22-2010 at 07:54 PM.

single days will go on sale..
    Rhythm is a dancer.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    GaragePoet, sorry to hear about this. Of all the years the ticketing format could change it's highly unfortunate that it comes on the year you have scheduling conflicts. Your best bet for answers is likely to email Goldenvoice directly. Given the candid nature of board, chances of you getting any official response here are unlikely. Cheers.
    I read this in the voice of Casey Kasem.
    Rhythm is a dancer.