Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

  1. #1
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,131

    Default What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    I'm guessing at least 15% of the lineup is tossing some cash under the table.

    Alanna Grace
    Iglu & Hartly
    Kate Miller-Heidke

    I'm already bored listing them. Go fuck yourselves.

  2. #2

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?


  3. #3
    old school Grant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    nyc metro area
    Posts
    2,822

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    I like Kate Miller. I think the other two are complete shat.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    the best songs are the ones that dont remind you of anyone in particular yet still give you that utter euphoric contentedness of perfection in your mind, body and soul. keep them close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    A bag of doritos > RHCP > getting kicked in the balls > Mumford & Sons > skinned alive > Macklemore
    Quote Originally Posted by elliottb View Post
    Ohh god, you guys are so fucking sensitive. Yes there is potential to get laid at Coachella if you camp or are willing to have sex against the fences by the Sahara.

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,131

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    Yeah, lyrics about Facebook really get me going.

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    13,131

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    I mean you wouldn't want to not immediately date your tossaway music, right?

  6. #6
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    Alana Grace shouldn't even be on the lineup..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

  7. #7

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    The problem with these kinds of acts is that they 1) don't have the charisma of real-deal pop stars like Britney or Christina and 2) they don't have the life experience of real-deal singers like Aretha or Etta.

    They are neither interesting to watch nor interesting to listen to. Their stage presence doesn't inspire and their lives aren't worthy of being enshrined in song; they have learned nothing to teach us that the average person doesn't already know.
    Just Say No to eurotrash nonsense. Rock n' roll will set you free.

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie sonofhal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    8,976

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    Guarantee you those three had the same booking agent as someone that Goldenvoice actually wanted badly for the lineup. Sometimes you have to take one for the team.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

  9. #9

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    Alana Grace is repped by Zedeck at CAA, so yeah, it could be anybody.
    Just Say No to eurotrash nonsense. Rock n' roll will set you free.

  10. #10
    I <3 Fall Out boy Yablonowitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a House
    Posts
    5,881

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    Alana Grace is one of the worst affronts to the Coachella sensibility that I've ever seen - which is saying a lot since that sensibility is generally broad ranging. She's everything the festival isn't. Not that I'm knocking the lineup for this year, it's just she's the biggest square peg I've ever seen. Heinous on all fronts.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

  11. #11
    old school JebusLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,299

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    I've never heard of Alana Grace. Just checked out her myspace page - this shit is brutal. I'd rather a Jupiter's Rings repeat, or maybe Billy Talent again.

    You guys are probably right that she was thrust on GV them by the label. Hope her crowd is completely absent.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie humanoid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    6,900

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    I'm guessing at least 15% of the lineup is tossing some cash under the table.

    Alanna Grace
    Iglu & Hartly
    Kate Miller-Heidke

    I'm already bored listing them. Go fuck yourselves.
    thank you for not listing more...I couldn't tolerate any more than these 3
    '99-'11...

  13. #13
    LOLocaust Survivor Hannahrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    stately Rain Manor
    Posts
    17,464

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    OHHHhhhhhhhhhhh

    Every dayyy I see you on the boards
    I know we've been 'round here before
    You always leave me wanting more
    Because I love the way you post

    You've really got a way with words
    Your wit, it cuts in perfect thirds
    I can't help but feel a bit absurd
    But it's U I <3 teh mst

    Oh I love the way you fooooooor-maat
    And I love your BBcode
    But I saw your tweet
    Seems you're in love
    With some lurker up the road

    Now logging in is bittersweet
    My heart, each time, it skips a beat
    When the footer reads your name so sweet
    Amongst the active users

    I tried ignore, I tried to quit
    I tried everything to deal with it
    But though this site gets many hits
    They're all such fucking losers

    Oh I love your punctu-aaaaa-tion
    And I love your clever name
    And I know you won't
    But still I wish
    You'd share my literati game

    Did you ever read my MySpace Page?
    Did you see I am your perfect age?
    If you would look, you'd probably gauge
    How perfect we could be

    That avatar you wear these days
    It so clearly mirrors my own ways
    Plus we both want marriage for gays
    Oh darling, can't you see?

    (repeat first chorus)








    Fucking christ I need a job.
    Last edited by Hannahrain; 01-24-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: don't/won't.

  14. #14
    LOLocaust Survivor Hannahrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    stately Rain Manor
    Posts
    17,464

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    Get it? It's a love song for the technological age. I'm an artist. Read my blog.

  15. #15
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    OHHHhhhhhhhhhhh

    Every dayyy I see you on the boards
    I know we've been 'round here before
    You always leave me wanting more
    Because I love the way you post

    You've really got a way with words
    Your wit, it cuts in perfect thirds
    I can't help but feel a bit absurd
    But it's U I <3 teh mst

    Oh I love the way you fooooooor-maat
    And I love your BBcode
    But I saw your tweet
    Seems you're in love
    With some lurker up the road

    Now logging in is bittersweet
    My heart, each time, it skips a beat
    When the footer reads your name so sweet
    Amongst the active users

    I tried ignore, I tried to quit
    I tried everything to deal with it
    But though this site gets many hits
    They're all such fucking losers

    Oh I love your punctu-aaaaa-tion
    And I love your clever name
    And I know you don't
    But still I wish
    You'd share my literati game

    Did you ever read my MySpace Page?
    Did you see I am your perfect age?
    If you would look, you'd probably gauge
    How perfect we could be

    That avatar you wear these days
    It so clearly mirrors my own ways
    Plus we both want marriage for gays
    Oh darling, can't you see?

    (repeat first chorus)








    Fucking christ I need a job.
    You're adorable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  16. #16
    old school JebusLives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    3,299

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    Someone was bound to write a song about digital love circa 2010. I just don't envy or respect her for being that someone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    OHHHhhhhhhhhhhh
    Hannahrain, 2:15 Gobi singing this.
    Last edited by JebusLives; 01-24-2010 at 03:08 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

  17. #17
    I <3 Fall Out boy Yablonowitz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In a House
    Posts
    5,881

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Get it? It's a love song for the technological age. I'm an artist. Read my blog.
    You do good work.
    Quote Originally Posted by ByTheWay, View Post
    If anyone raped or molested my wife or child i'd off them myself so I guess it doesn't matter. If you don't feel those type of emotions in that situation then that is you and in my opinion makes you a twisted person from a twisted state (UTAH) if that is where your from!

  18. #18
    old school
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    5,182

    Default Re: What Percentage of Terrible MOR Pop Acts Paid To Play?

    Quote Originally Posted by JebusLives View Post
    I've never heard of Alana Grace. Just checked out her myspace page - this shit is brutal. I'd rather a Jupiter's Rings repeat, or maybe Billy Talent again.

    You guys are probably right that she was thrust on GV them by the label. Hope her crowd is completely absent.
    i know right? at least Jupiter's Ring was funny being there.. i'd rather be front row singing every word of their songs than watch Alana Grace.. she better be opening the Gobi at fuckin noon..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

Similar Threads

  1. 3 acts you really hope play this year
    By ciaoq in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 170
    Last Post: 11-30-2009, 10:09 PM
  2. Terrible Band Names
    By Ardentbiscuit in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 10-07-2009, 04:46 PM
  3. Tell you my terrible secret...
    By nationocean in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 03-14-2008, 10:50 AM
  4. Great on CD - Terrible Live
    By shotglass75 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 01-13-2008, 06:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •