Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Won't sell out unless

Default Won't sell out unless

They add like a Mcartney or a rage type name. It's a great lineup, but unfortunately no ringer---yet.

Default Re: Won't sell out unless

Well I'm glad you pointed this out.
    10/01 - King Crimson - Orpheum
    10/10 - Thurston Moore/Sebadoh - Echoplex (?)
    10/11 - BADBADNOTGOOD - Echoplex (?)
    10/12 - IAMX - Complex
    10/13 - Oren Ambarchi - Jewels Catch One

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I finally made it through a listen of Sun Kil Moon - Benji and had put it on maybe 4 times til I could finally feel mentally like, "just fuck it just let this guy blabber on" while I'm doing paperwork .
    last.fm, if you care

Twitter, if you dare

Banned

Riviting tale chap

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Ahhh, you see, rokky, it has more of a chance to sellout than the past few years and this is why: Jay-Z, Muse and Gorillaz. Jay-Z and Muse each have massive mainstream crossover appeal and Gorillaz gain the interest of the more discerning music fan. Combined with a loaded second to fourth line, a slew of gems in the small print and you've got a recipe for a sell out.

if anything, i think this year's lineup has potential to sell out all 3 days as well. usually 1 or 2 days sell out, but i really think all 3 days will sell out this time around. which reminds me, i should get my tickets soon.

and please, no more rage. get over it.

I'm giving it to the end of Feb max before it sells out.

Radiohead didn't sell out til a couple weeks before the fest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

I hadn't thought of this, Rokky. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by Winterwooskiee View Post
    if anything, i think this year's lineup has potential to sell out all 3 days as well. usually 1 or 2 days sell out, but i really think all 3 days will sell out this time around.
    Well, it's kind of all or none at this point, isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by kuuguy View Post
    I'm giving it to the end of Feb max before it sells out.
    Would you like to bet? I bet I can purchase a full three day pass sometime around the end of March no problem. And I fully intend to do this.

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

Lurker

Post Re: Won't sell out unless

I have been to coachella the past three years in a row. But sorry ladies and gentlemen, this coachella lineup is one of the worst i have seen yet. Daft punk, cillis 07 awesome! Justice, prince, pink floyd, amazing 08, steve aoki, beetroots, mstrkrft the sh##. But this year isn't looking promising at all. i am a huge fan of jay-z and own everyone of his cd's. But he's not for coachella!! This year wont sell out. personally, i think i'll only be going sunday if even that.

the fact that you praise steve aoki, beetroots and mstrkrft explains everything.

you do realize that justice is going to be there right? they are on the poster if you know where to look.
    The White Stripes 9/18

Lurker

Post Re: Won't sell out unless

I realize that xavier of justice will be there. That doesn't equal Justice. Thats one part. Yes, i would be looking forward to club 75 hence my statement of possibly going Sunday. However, my point is that this years lineup is not good at all. it has more of a mainstream feel this year. which coachella shouldn't be.

old school

People really hate bands just because a lot of other people like them? This is silly to me.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

how is this lineup at all maainstream. the top is, but the average radio listener would probably only know about 8 of those artists if the lineup was read to them

old school

Yeah the top of the lineup kind of has to be mainstream, that's how tickets are sold.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Quote Originally Posted by freshness View Post
    I have been to coachella the past three years in a row. But sorry ladies and gentlemen, this coachella lineup is one of the worst i have seen yet. Daft punk, cillis 07 awesome! Justice, prince, pink floyd, amazing 08, steve aoki, beetroots, mstrkrft the sh##. But this year isn't looking promising at all. i am a huge fan of jay-z and own everyone of his cd's. But he's not for coachella!! This year wont sell out. personally, i think i'll only be going sunday if even that.
    roger waters does not equal pink floyd man

this coachella lineup is one of the worst i have seen yet. Daft punk, cillis 07 awesome!
    Daft punk were in 06. Try again.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

Beat me to it.

Nice avatar, Megaman 2?

Should we point out that it is impossible to buy single day tickets this year? One day will not sell out more than the other.

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Ahhh, you see, rokky, it has more of a chance to sellout than the past few years and this is why: Jay-Z, Muse and Gorillaz. Jay-Z and Muse each have massive mainstream crossover appeal and Gorillaz gain the interest of the more discerning music fan. Combined with a loaded second to fourth line, a slew of gems in the small print and you've got a recipe for a sell out.
    I like how you act like you really know anything about the marketplace. MASSIVE mainstream crossover appeal. Such an asshole.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

who cares if it sells out...i got my three day pass

Lurker

Thumbs down Re: Won't sell out unless

This coachella officially sucks. 3 day pass for people i don't want to see is absurd. another factor this year is the economy. they leave us with no choice other than to purchase 3 day passes. Thats expensive and not worth it. worst coachella ive seen in years. its downhill form here. hopefully with the surplus of tickets this year they will get the picture. Keep coachella the way its meant to be. Not just to turn a profit but for the true music enthusiast.

Is it just me or is this year more of a lurker orgy than before?

Lurker

Cool Re: Won't sell out unless

its just you.

old school

This coachella officially sucks. 3 day pass for people i don't want to see is absurd. another factor this year is the economy. they leave us with no choice other than to purchase 3 day passes. Thats expensive and not worth it. worst coachella ive seen in years. its downhill form here. hopefully with the surplus of tickets this year they will get the picture. Keep coachella the way its meant to be. Not just to turn a profit but for the true music enthusiast.
    Last year they expected a drop in sales because of the economy (according to LA Times) and they were happily surprised by the 160,000 attendees that showed up. I think this year they realized that Coachella still does well in a poor economic climate and have decided to try and sell 3 day passes only. Keep in mind they never said that single days aren't going on sale. They said that if 3 days don't sell out, they will sell single days at the gate. However if you don't like the lineup (you are in the minority) then just don't go.

Edit: Also, you are saying that with 3 day passes only they just trying to turn a profit, yet you think there will be a large surplus of tickets???
    Last edited by FoxeyLady; 01-23-2010 at 10:30 AM.

For 2011

No, they just want to keep assholes like you out. It looks like it's going to work by the reaction.

Quote Originally Posted by oftheheartofthesoul View Post
    Is it just me or is this year more of a lurker orgy than before?
    only the lurkers seem to be upset.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

Lurker

good point. however last year the lineup was better. and this year i still havent ruled out sunday. after conducting my own personal survey i found that alot of my associates wont be attending. i guess if you want to go simply for the atmosphere thats fine but the lineup has definitely been greater in the past and needs improvement this year. yes the turnout was good last year but the economy was also better. its sad when a resident of CA doesn't want to go to coachella. that has to tell you something. im about an hour away in sunny san diego but right now the drive isnt worth it.

good point. however last year the lineup was better. and this year i still havent ruled out sunday. after conducting my own personal survey i found that alot of my associates wont be attending. i guess if you want to go simply for the atmosphere thats fine but the lineup has definitely been greater in the past and needs improvement this year. yes the turnout was good last year but the economy was also better. its sad when a resident of CA doesn't want to go to coachella. that has to tell you something. im about an hour away in sunny san diego but right now the drive isnt worth it.
    Your associates? What the fuck are you, a junior partner at a gay bath house?