Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Single day tickets??

Default Re: Single day tickets??

Quote Originally Posted by JoinMyRant View Post
    I wouldn't expect YOU to recall it being dead. I'm telling you how it is. Friday last year, dead. I'm not rationalizing not going. You can rationalize the decision the go from selling single day ticket to not selling single day tickets all you want, but in the end you are wrong.
    I, personally, would be happy if you just stay the fuck away from my festival. You sir, are not welcome here. Now go cut your ethernet cable and go cry to someone that cares. Because, honestly, we really don't.
    No one cares what shows you've seen, are currently seeing or are going to see!!!!!

I am looking forward to another 'dead' Coachella. An easy drive and parking due to a lack of people. Nothing better than my own private music festival where all the bands are performing to me! All the bathrooms should be clean and spotless because it is so poorly attended. I don't know how GV do it year in year out, pay all this money out in this economy to lose money by not selling tickets.

Should be a blast! Please stay away JoinMyRant, don't ruin my dead-a-Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by Changoloco View Post
    I, personally, would be happy if you just stay the fuck away from my festival. You sir, are not welcome here. Now go cut your ethernet cable and go cry to someone that cares. Because, honestly, we really don't.

You personally would probably get off on a lot of simple things, i.e. attacking me on a forum. Let it be, this thread and it's message do not concern you. It's for the promoters when it comes down to crunch time. I am welcome wherever the fuck I please, and so is whatever I have to say, Dick.

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    I am looking forward to another 'dead' Coachella. An easy drive and parking due to a lack of people. Nothing better than my own private music festival where all the bands are performing to me! All the bathrooms should be clean and spotless because it is so poorly attended. I don't know how GV do it year in year out, pay all this money out in this economy to lose money by not selling tickets.

Should be a blast! Please stay away JoinMyRant, don't ruin my dead-a-Coachella.
    And what happens next year, if this year is dead all 3 days, instead of just 1?

Hmmm, let's see, I'm going to go with:

It won't be
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

And what happens next year, if this year is dead all 3 days, instead of just 1?
    the funny part is when it is all said and done you will tuck your tail between your legs, open a new alias to pretend like it didnt happen.

Plus if it is dead again this year, maybe they will go back to the drawing board and re-think their policy...until that happens try holding your breath
    Last edited by beavington; 02-23-2010 at 12:43 PM.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

Where is the luv??? Wow, you guys are really rippin' on each other!

When it comes to the issue of single day tickets not being sold this year, there is pretty much a zero tolerance for bitching about it on this board
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Gypsy Girl View Post
    Wow, you guys are really rippin' on each other!

Welcome to the internet, I'm sure you'll find tons of cool stuff in this amazing world you just discovered.

Question Re: Single day tickets??

You Americans are wack. She asked a simple question. What is wrong with you people? So is it yes?

Banned

You fucking foreigners are so smug and stupid. If you'd even bothered to read the FAQ (something all fools should read), you'd realize that the answer has been spelled out for you. Maybe if you took the time to take your head out of your ass, you'd see how easy it is to find answers around here (without looking like so much of a jackass I might add. I say "so much" because since you're apparently foreign, you're already somewhat of a jackass).

ah doan wan no furreners et mah chella
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

To the Goers: Stop the nonsense. Stop ragging on people who are complaining that things are changing. Stop using the "it's worth the money" argument. Not everyone; lives close, can afford jacked up hotel prices for 3 nights, wants to re-live woodstock in 110 degree weather while camping.

To goldenvoice: are you 50% sold out yet? No? Didn't think so. Good luck with that.
    I think they are my friend. They don't need your rant or Friday ticket to make or break them this year.

Good luck with your protest.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

1)

I saw that number and laughed. Certain days have been dead the past couple of years. I really doubt those numbers are anything but a marketing ploy. Anyways, even if those numbers were true, that doesn't mean they sold out 80% of their tickets, it means that they sold out 40% of their tickets and 80% of those were 3 day passes. If it was really that percentage, they wouldn't care about the 20% of leftovers.
    You obviously have no idea what you are talking about.

Go away lurker. Start up that 3-day pass protest website you've been creaming yourself over every night.

The rest of us, will have some fun.
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 03-03-2010 at 10:00 AM.
    The Glitter Freeze

1)

I saw that number and laughed. Certain days have been dead the past couple of years. I really doubt those numbers are anything but a marketing ploy. Anyways, even if those numbers were true, that doesn't mean they sold out 80% of their tickets, it means that they sold out 40% of their tickets and 80% of those were 3 day passes. If it was really that percentage, they wouldn't care about the 20% of leftovers.
    Having been to every Coachella except for one, I'd say the only time it was dead in the past was in 1999. Even then "dead" isn't the right word, because 25,000 is 25,000. Once 2002 came along it HAS NEVER BEEN DEAD attendance wise. This year will be no different.

Only someone who hasn't actually gone would claim Coachella hasn't sold well since say, 1999/2001
    The Glitter Freeze

O.K. Here goes. The rationale Goldenvoice gives for not selling single day tickets (I know, this has been played out) is that single-day ticket holders clog up the hotels. What about those of us who live in close enough proximity to drive there and turn around and go home? Isn't living in the I.E. punishment enough? I guess my question is, how do I not feel cornholed by this decision when my single day situation would already require the monetary sacrifice everyone seems to assume I should make for the three day pass?

Just concentrate on not feeling cornholed.

You going to post this everywhere? Go sign the petition and leave us alone.

i kind of like the 3-day pass only policy; it filters out all the weenies who only want to go for "1 day" psshhh

the palm springs desert sun newspaper quotes coachella's promoter as saying saturday and sunday tickets will likely be pro-rated. would you go to saturday (only) if it cost $200? if this is true, the people who just want to go sunday are essentially getting single day price for their wristband.

http://www.mydesert.com/apps/pbcs.dl...ID=20103050347

Quote Originally Posted by Stickjohn View Post
    Just concentrate on not feeling cornholed.

You going to post this everywhere? Go sign the petition and leave us alone.

Us? Who the fuck are you?

BTW, Stickjohn and all of you other haters. These posts are not intended to satisfy our need to communicate with you. Lacking any other outlet than this, it is hoped that by reading the posts here Goldenvoice reconsider its choice of people to alienate next time.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

The incessant crybaby whining and self righteousness will surely let them know that they have alienated the correct group of people.
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

You know what? F you guys. This was just a Sunday afternoon wank for me. Enjoy your music festival. Just don't be fooled: This is a way to get more money. It has nothing to do with hotel room availability. God bless them, if it works for them. They are not a charity, for crissakes. I just enjoyed going for a day. I spent a little money and took up about 4 square feet of lawn space. Why the hell you think people are encroaching on your "experience" is beyond me. By the way, ask your mom to turn up the heat in the basement; you must be cold.

Most major festivals don't offer single day tickets, this was a long time coming. I think it only adds to the experience to have people there the entire weekend instead of just one day.

Quote Originally Posted by softbulletin View Post
    Most major festivals don't offer single day tickets, this was a long time coming. I think it only adds to the experience to have people there the entire weekend instead of just one day.
    Finally, a person who expresses his opinion without being a dick. I hope your experience is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sweet Al View Post
    You know what? F you guys. This was just a Sunday afternoon wank for me. Enjoy your music festival. Just don't be fooled: This is a way to get more money. It has nothing to do with hotel room availability. God bless them, if it works for them. They are not a charity, for crissakes. I just enjoyed going for a day. I spent a little money and took up about 4 square feet of lawn space. Why the hell you think people are encroaching on your "experience" is beyond me. By the way, ask your mom to turn up the heat in the basement; you must be cold.
    You're right - they are getting a lot more money out of me by charging the exact same price I paid for the exact same product in years past. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways.
    last.fm
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    You're right - they are getting a lot more money out of me by charging the exact same price I paid for the exact same product in years past. Thank you for showing me the error of my ways.
    You seem to misunderstand. The "more money" reference concerns those who formerly attended via the one-day ticket option. Those folks, you see, would be paying three times the amount. Hence, "more money". Seriously, 3600+ posts? I'll be leaving you now. Enjoy your 3-day music extravaganza.

actually if it was a way to get more money then they would sell all tickets individually. Because you know, single day tickets are higher priced and the average daily price of a three day pass. So this greed argument doesnt wash.

If theywere truly greedy it would be a 298 three day and daily individual pass as the $99.

so the greed argument is out.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

You seem to misunderstand. The "more money" reference concerns those who formerly attended via the one-day ticket option. Those folks, you see, would be paying three times the amount. Hence, "more money". Seriously, 3600+ posts? I'll be leaving you now. Enjoy your 3-day music extravaganza.
    Yes, 3600 posts in 14 months...a whopping average of about 8 posts a day. I obviously have no life.
    last.fm

Who cares what the reason behind the decision was. The promoters need to do a lot more promoting and a lot less reasoning. Raise your hand if your first Coachella experience was a single day. Now raise your other hand if that single day alone got you hooked. I had 15-20 people ready for their first experience after showing them the Saturday lineup. That was my mistake for assuming this year would be like every other year.