Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Single day tickets??

Default Re: Single day tickets??

Quote Originally Posted by JoinMyRant View Post
    To the Goers: Stop the nonsense. Stop ragging on people who are complaining that things are changing. Stop using the "it's worth the money" argument. Not everyone; lives close, can afford jacked up hotel prices for 3 nights, wants to re-live woodstock in 110 degree weather while camping.

To goldenvoice: are you 50% sold out yet? No? Didn't think so. Good luck with that.
    1) the "you get your money's worth" argument keeps getting brought up for a reason, namely because you get your money's worth.

2) what does living close have to do with attending coachella? if you bought a 1-day pass and lived far away the trek would be just as far whether you stayed for a night or the weekend.

3) camping passes for the entire weekend are cheaper than you would pay to split the shittiest room in the valley and still get a bed.

4) if you can't handle the heat, don't come out.

5) the point of making people commit to the weekend is to weed out the casual retards that want to come see 1-2 bands, get wasted in the beer garden all day, and in general detract from the overall experience.

6) what part about %80 of their ticket sales comes from 3-day passes did you miss? considering the lineup i don't see that figure dropping much, if at all.

7) we get you're frustrated by it, but remember that for most of the people on here the lack of single day passes means nothing to us. coachella is staying exactly the same for the vast majority of its attendees. thats why you're not gonna find sympathy here

1)the "you get your money's worth" argument keeps getting brought up for a reason, namely because you get your money's worth.

That argument is worthless. Does the 3 day pass include lodging and food?

2) what does living close have to do with attending coachella? if you bought a 1-day pass and lived far away the trek would be just as far whether you stayed for a night or the weekend.

I've known plenty of people that come out from other states and spend $100 on a one day ticket, and $130 for a hotel that night, and they get a great days worth of fun. Times that by 3 and they don't even think twice about not going, not in this economy.

3) camping passes for the entire weekend are cheaper than you would pay to split the shittiest room in the valley and still get a bed.

Woodstock, 110 degrees, showers are rare, so is actually sleeping.

Most people can handle it with a good nights sleep. Camping in it, is another animal. Coachella used to be convenient. Now it's made to be a pain, or expensive.

5) the point of making people commit to the weekend is to weed out the casual retards that want to come see 1-2 bands, get wasted in the beer garden all day, and in general detract from the overall experience.

Yeah, we get the point genius. I was there for the rage shows, and I get it. Who attracted that crowd though? Oh yeah... it was the lineup.

6) what part about %80 of their ticket sales comes from 3-day passes did you miss? considering the lineup i don't see that figure dropping much, if at all.

I saw that number and laughed. Certain days have been dead the past couple of years. I really doubt those numbers are anything but a marketing ploy. Anyways, even if those numbers were true, that doesn't mean they sold out 80% of their tickets, it means that they sold out 40% of their tickets and 80% of those were 3 day passes. If it was really that percentage, they wouldn't care about the 20% of leftovers.

7) we get you're frustrated by it, but remember that for most of the people on here the lack of single day passes means nothing to us. coachella is staying exactly the same for the vast majority of its attendees. thats why you're not gonna find sympathy here

Since when do people come to message boards for sympathy. The point is to get the word out a bit, maybe goldenvoice will see it, who knows, but its a message board, not a help group. If the complaining really bothers you, ask the moderator to delete it, or ignore it yourself.

all i want to do is join my dick to your asshole.

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    all i want to do is join my dick to your asshole.
    You're brilliant as well eh? Board full of geniuses, how do you self made entrepreneurs have time to come up with this stuff? I'm quite amazed that you balance your busy social life, have time to spend all the money you make, and can still post a well thought out response here.

is that a yes?

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

OH MY GOD THIS ECONOMY
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Why, Brandon... your economy... it's so... it's so... BIG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

I'm high-fiving everyone I see at the festival and screaming "THIS ECONOMY!!!!!!!!!!!!"

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

It's economy sized.

I'll be here all week.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

Hey keep it the way it is....Dani needs to eat too!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Your lady's also in for drugs, right? Corinna's guy is in for murder and mine's in for a spree of home invasions. I think you're probably good.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    I'm pretty sure Ronnie painted that on her, with his dick.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Maybe a 3 day music festival is meant for people who have not been as affected by "the economy" or love the event enough to be able top plan ahead and save enough for it to not be an issue.

Maybe if "the economy" has had such a disastrous effect on your life you shouldn't be thinking about attending such an event in the first place

Maybe Goldenvoice is actually doing you a favor by keeping you from succumbing to this horrid beast know as "THE ECONOMY"
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

this horrid beast know as "THE ECONOMY"
    *shudders in fear*
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

70 some days until my paradise!

Maybe a 3 day music festival is meant for people who have not been as affected by "the economy" or love the event enough to be able top plan ahead and save enough for it to not be an issue.

Maybe if "the economy" has had such a disastrous effect on your life you shouldn't be thinking about attending such an event in the first place

Maybe Goldenvoice is actually doing you a favor by keeping you from succumbing to this horrid beast know as "THE ECONOMY"
    Jerkoff, there you go being a jerkoff again. Did anyone blame the economy? Good job taking a verb and turning it into a reason though. You're quite the professor too I see.

Quote Originally Posted by caco0283 View Post
    Hey keep it the way it is....Dani needs to eat too!!!
    caco...your Avatar is really hot and WAYYYY too small
    Without music, life would be a mistake.... I would only believe in a God who knew how to dance - Friedrich Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by lexineffect View Post
    Yeah so you live in an area where no bands play so you want Coachella to run things around the way you want them to go. I would have thought that if you never have any bands come to your part of the country you would be more enthusiastic to get a three day pass so you could get your once a year dose of music.
    Irrelevant, but I want to say how much I love that you have Jaco Pastorius as your avatar.

1)the "you get your money's worth" argument keeps getting brought up for a reason, namely because you get your money's worth.

That argument is worthless. Does the 3 day pass include lodging and food?

I've known plenty of people that come out from other states and spend $100 on a one day ticket, and $130 for a hotel that night, and they get a great days worth of fun. Times that by 3 and they don't even think twice about not going, not in this economy.

Woodstock, 110 degrees, showers are rare, so is actually sleeping.

Most people can handle it with a good nights sleep. Camping in it, is another animal. Coachella used to be convenient. Now it's made to be a pain, or expensive.

Yeah, we get the point genius. I was there for the rage shows, and I get it. Who attracted that crowd though? Oh yeah... it was the lineup.

I saw that number and laughed. Certain days have been dead the past couple of years. I really doubt those numbers are anything but a marketing ploy. Anyways, even if those numbers were true, that doesn't mean they sold out 80% of their tickets, it means that they sold out 40% of their tickets and 80% of those were 3 day passes. If it was really that percentage, they wouldn't care about the 20% of leftovers.

Since when do people come to message boards for sympathy. The point is to get the word out a bit, maybe goldenvoice will see it, who knows, but its a message board, not a help group. If the complaining really bothers you, ask the moderator to delete it, or ignore it yourself.
    I dont recall Coachella ever being dead in the last 4 years. Its been pretty well attended. And you do get your moneys worth, but the thing is you value your money for other things, and people on here value their money for music and concerts so in their mind they do get their money's worth. And in mine too. Which turns to the fact that the people who will plop down $300 without a heartbeat just says they are the ideal customer the people of Coachella want.

You can rationalize not going all you want you will still be wrong.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

Quote Originally Posted by beavington View Post
    I dont recall Coachella ever being dead in the last 4 years. Its been pretty well attended. And you do get your moneys worth, but the thing is you value your money for other things, and people on here value their money for music and concerts so in their mind they do get their money's worth. And in mine too. Which turns to the fact that the people who will plop down $300 without a heartbeat just says they are the ideal customer the people of Coachella want.

You can rationalize not going all you want you will still be wrong.
    I wouldn't expect YOU to recall it being dead. I'm telling you how it is. Friday last year, dead. I'm not rationalizing not going. You can rationalize the decision the go from selling single day ticket to not selling single day tickets all you want, but in the end you are wrong.

Yeah, Paul McCartney really deadened the festival last year on Friday. Barely anyone showed up for that.

8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/11: Tomas Barfod @ The Rickshaw Stop
    9/12: Shifted @ Mercer
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/3-5: Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Festival
    10/4: Ought @ BoH
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

I wouldn't expect YOU to recall it being dead. I'm telling you how it is. Friday last year, dead. I'm not rationalizing not going. You can rationalize the decision the go from selling single day ticket to not selling single day tickets all you want, but in the end you are wrong.
    Only an idiot that isn't resourceful or that lacks any common sense would say any of the past four years have been "dead".

Go google "Coachella attendance" you moron.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 02-27-2010 at 02:58 PM.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

The thing about Coachella attendance is that the design of the festival tends to minimize or exaggerate the crowds depending on what's going on and where you are in relationship to it. How many articles mentioned how dead things were on Jack Johnson night in '08. Yet there was bedlam at the Sahara for Fatboy Slim (which, to be honest, would not have been that huge a draw if JJ wasn't on.

Sometimes, there are particularly strong draws on most or all the stages...in this case, the crowds seem lower because you can walk around easily, and the people are spread out. If there are a few weaker acts on multiple stages, it can make the walkways see crowded as everyone eats at once, or everyone heads to the Main stage or Sahara by default.

In any case, has the daily attendance ever dropped below 50,000 since the 3-day started? The last 5000 each day are the ones who cause problems, get wasted, or don't show up until after dark. Fuck 'em.

How are you telling me like it is when I saw it with my own eyes. It was not dead at all. As a matter of fact it was a hell of a lot busier than I expected.

You, my loser, are wrong. End of story. Nothing more to be said. Goodbye.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

Quote Originally Posted by sandra85 View Post
    Irrelevant, but I want to say how much I love that you have Jaco Pastorius as your avatar.
    And I love that you recognized him...genius

It's funny how people get all defensive on forums over anything. Coachella is dumb and all of you are f's. Waaahhh cry the fuck more. You are all autistic.

Shitty bands.
    Last edited by david.sound; 02-19-2010 at 12:13 AM. Reason: fag
    I'd do suprefan.

It's even funnier how worked up you are getting. Thank you for your eloquent statement that Coachella is "dumb" and we are all "f's". Oh, not only are we dumb and gay, we're also autistic. And to add insult to injury: shitty bands.

Coachella, lacking neurons and cognitive function, can't really be "dumb", can it? I mean, Coachella doesn't have any means of reasoning. No cerebral cortex means Coachella can't be dumb. So there.

And f's? One thing I always turn down is an erect penis. I'm sure many (but not all) would feel the same.

I would argue that while many here may show signs of Asperger-like traits, not sure how many would be considered truly autistic. But if there are any of you out there, let's go to Vegas and win us some money playing blackjack. "Ten minutes to Wapner!"
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    It's even funnier how worked up you are getting. Thank you for your eloquent statement that Coachella is "dumb" and we are all "f's". Oh, not only are we dumb and gay, we're also autistic. And to add insult to injury: shitty bands.

Coachella, lacking neurons and cognitive function, can't really be "dumb", can it? I mean, Coachella doesn't have any means of reasoning. No cerebral cortex means Coachella can't be dumb. So there.

And f's? One thing I always turn down is an erect penis. I'm sure many (but not all) would feel the same.

I would argue that while many here may show signs of Asperger-like traits, not sure how many would be considered truly autistic. But if there are any of you out there, let's go to Vegas and win us some money playing blackjack. "Ten minutes to Wapner!"
    Thank you for caring so much.

P.S. Rainman is an awesome movie.
    I'd do suprefan.

warning to stop calling people homosexual slang. stop trolling.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Only Fs report posts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

like Chris Rock said if the person is acting like a F@#$ then its ok to call him a F@#$. you don't have to be gay to be called a f%$#@. You don't even have to be a man to act like a F$%#@. anybody can act like a f%#$@

What's a f%$#@?