Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Single day tickets??

Default Re: Single day tickets??

So many haters and snobs! This goes against everything Coachella is about!

I dont see what makes it sooo much easier having wristbands rather than a 20 minute line with tickets. And they will lose money. Example: A lot of people went just for Macca last year, which they wouldnt have shelled out $300 if that was the only choice.

I am going this year but i just feel bad for the fellow boardies and coachella goers that cannot afford it.

They'll definitely sell tickets at the door for single day prices, no way they'll sell a $300 ticket on sunday.
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

Quote Originally Posted by lexineffect View Post
    So people who can afford a three day pass are hipsters, what rubbish. I make minimum wage and just have to lockdown for months and scrape every dime together.
    Sorry to offend. But I truly believe you will be in the minority this year, and furthermore, it is damn sad that you have put out that kind of money.
    Last edited by crtwrnr; 01-25-2010 at 02:52 PM.

please don't lynch me or my family for asking, but what was the reasoning behind having one 3-day wristband vs. three 1-day wristbands?

i guess it makes sense to hand out only 1 for the entire weekend (just one line for the entire weekend to stand in, at least for your pass), but if someone somehow loses that one wristband, they are out of luck for the entire weekend (as opposed to just being screwed out of the one day), so that one wristband had better be pretty goddamned durable, especially if one is going to enjoy everything to the fullest

and i get that other festivals have been doing a festival-long pass for a while, but this is the first year for Coachella, so it should be expected that some people would be upset, especially if they're used to coming for single days -

it is impossible to lose a cloth wristband, if that is what they are using this year. impossible.

and it is much cheaper to make 50,000 wristbands for 3 days than 150,000 wristbands for 3 days.

Let’s all email Coachella to complain about no single day tickets info@coachella.com

Make our voices heard!

Emailing info@coachella isn't going to do anything. Believe it or not, the person who answers that email box doesn't run the company.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

thanks for the positive suggestion Looks like you will be staying home

Here is a post on the KROQ website in regards to the matter posted by Bean:

"Email, we get email. Hereís Vic:

ďIím freaking out. I cant find the answer to this question anywhere. Hopefully you guys can help me! Is Coachella going to sell single day tickets this year? I cant seem to find anywhere to purchase them, just the three day passes.

Help???

Thanks, VicĒ

Vicís answer, after the jump.

Yes! They will be selling single day tickets for Coachella again this year. Like always! They just havenít announced when yet. Thatís why you canít buy them. They are not on sale yet.

But I promise you, you will not miss the announcement if you listen to KROQ once in a while. We are all over that sh*te! MMMMíkay?"

This was to be my first Coachella and I heard that for past Coachella's single day tickets were available. But now I will not be able to go because I cannot afford the 3 day pass. That to me sucks that they are not selling single day tickets, not because i want to pick and choose what bands I want to see, all 3 day have bitchn bands playing.

Quote Originally Posted by crtwrnr View Post
    Sorry to offend. But I truly believe you will be in the minority this year, and furthermore, it is damn sad that you have put out that kind of money.
    You are a tight ass sob aren't you. I can't believe you even think it is that much cash considering what it would cost to see the bands alone. Maybe you just don't put enough value on music and in which case you are the one no one cares about. So while you are your family sink back $200 worth of booze to get over the fact that you can't afford a $300 ticket I will be having fun. I know plenty of people who are in the same boat and work in crappy jobs but still see value in a three day pass. Maybe you can take your family get in your van and drive it off a cliff.

If you can't afford a 300 dollar ticket and are over the age of 25, you seriously need to stop attending music festivals and get a fucking job. Or be a millionaire like me.

*based upon tedious fact checking.

I love Paul T. Thanks.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Before any lurkers make this argument (from the LA times comment section), allow me to counter it.

If 80% already buy the 3-day then why not let the minority 20% have the option of seeing what they wish? The real reason is they want to control re-sale market for single day tickets. In past years the 3-day pass was 3 single-day tickets, and people who wanted to go to 2 out of 3 days would just sell their extra day, but of course the organizer doesn't get to pocket that. It's nothing more than a money grab at the expense of fans which amounts to pure greed, especially in this economy. I still expect them to release a limited amount of single days close to the festival date.
    You're probably right, but GV have every right to those resales - that's their money. To call it "greed" is laughable. "Greed" implies excess - there is nothing excessive about preventing scalpers from stealing GV's money.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

I truncated it, but the best quote from the LA Times piece is

"The Coachella message boards are filled with angry fans"
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

ó Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

Way for that journalist to consider the fact that people might uh, you know, sell their 3-day wrist band if they don't want to go on the 3rd day.

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood
    5/2: Sleater Kinney @ The Masonic

Quote Originally Posted by amdux View Post
    please don't lynch me or my family for asking, but what was the reasoning behind having one 3-day wristband vs. three 1-day wristbands?

i guess it makes sense to hand out only 1 for the entire weekend (just one line for the entire weekend to stand in, at least for your pass), but if someone somehow loses that one wristband, they are out of luck for the entire weekend (as opposed to just being screwed out of the one day), so that one wristband had better be pretty goddamned durable, especially if one is going to enjoy everything to the fullest

and i get that other festivals have been doing a festival-long pass for a while, but this is the first year for Coachella, so it should be expected that some people would be upset, especially if they're used to coming for single days -

if you have camped you got a wristband that is expected to stay on all weeeknd. And if you only got one wristband per weekend for drinking, i am sure you would make suer you kept a hold of that too. Its not like they just use regular paper for the wristbands...and if they are the cloth ones that is even better. I always liked those ones.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Way for that journalist to consider the fact that people might uh, you know, sell their 3-day wrist band if they don't want to go on the 3rd day.
    The third day is the best day.

i think the three day tickets for $269 considering all the artists who are performing is a pretty good deal. it would be so much more to pay for all the people you want to see separately...

I can only go to Saturday as my school schedule shat all over my Coachella plans yesterday, so hopefully they sell tickets day of at the gates. I would LOVE to go all 3 days, but that ain't happening. Oh well.
    Originally Posted by SEEDYMIG420
    Your right, English is my second language. Ass-kicking is my first.If you want, I can give you a lesson.

they will most likely be pro-rated...show up on saturday and you will also be springing for sunday. friday? well, you're buying a 3 day pass.

Exclamation Re: Single day tickets??

man you guys are dumb... there is a fucking recession going on, if not everyone can afford $300 tickets, its understandable. So much hate, just because the guy cant afford $300 tickets. Most people don't want to see 200 bands, they pick 5-6 and they are happy with that. All you haters are just victims of corporate brainwashing. Just because golden voice decided to lock us into $300 tickets, does not mean that everyone is thrilled about it...

Quote Originally Posted by nima81 View Post
    man you guys are dumb... there is a fucking recession going on, if not everyone can afford $300 tickets, its understandable. So much hate, just because the guy cant afford $300 tickets. Most people don't want to see 200 bands, they pick 5-6 and they are happy with that. All you haters are just victims of corporate brainwashing. Just because golden voice decided to lock us into $300 tickets, does not mean that everyone is thrilled about it...
    Most people just want to see 5 or 6 bands???? Why would you be at a festival to see 5 or 6 bands. Where did you pull this statistic from? Not everyone is thrilled about it but it is also not some conspiracy brought down from the ivory tower.

imo, I think alot of people want to see 5 or 6 bands because they hardly play locally anyways, like for me, I am going to go see muse and tieso, when do they ever come around? This is a chance to see big name bands that you love and who knows when they'll be around again. At the same time you get to enjoy a days worth of other music that you've never heard of and may like a new band. So a single day pass can go a long way.

Quote Originally Posted by biged214 View Post
    imo, I think alot of people want to see 5 or 6 bands because they hardly play locally anyways, like for me, I am going to go see muse and tieso, when do they ever come around? This is a chance to see big name bands that you love and who knows when they'll be around again. At the same time you get to enjoy a days worth of other music that you've never heard of and may like a new band. So a single day pass can go a long way.
    You aren't being serious, are you?

12/16: A Winged Victory for the Sullen @ The Independent
    12/17: Sleepy Sun @ Brick and Mortar
    12/31: Derek Plaslaiko, Dave Aju @ f8
    2/14: Sparks @ Ace Theater Hollywood
    5/2: Sleater Kinney @ The Masonic

Mmm ok so do you mean you live in Palm Springs and no bands ever come there? Muse is playing a bunch of dates in the states outside of Coachella this year. Tiesto will no doubt other US dates as well.

http://muse.mu/tour-dates/

a)I think the 3 day pass is good value for what you get to see.

b)It is a festival not a one day show by nature it is set up for a multi day experience

c)If you only wanted to go to see Muse and Tiesto I would think that perhaps you are not that much of a music and festival fan anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lexineffect View Post
    Mmm ok so do you mean you live in Palm Springs and no bands ever come there? Muse is playing a bunch of dates in the states outside of Coachella this year. Tiesto will no doubt other US dates as well.

http://muse.mu/tour-dates/

a)I think the 3 day pass is good value for what you get to see.

b)It is a festival not a one day show by nature it is set up for a multi day experience

c)If you only wanted to go to see Muse and Tiesto I would think that perhaps you are not that much of a music and festival fan anyway.
    That's my point exactly, the only tour date in so. cal that muse has is this festival, and no i am not much of a festival person but still nice to go for a day and not alot people are festival people but im sure they would still like to see their favorite bands when they come around.

That's my point exactly, the only tour date in so. cal that muse has is this festival, and no i am not much of a festival person but still nice to go for a day and not alot people are festival people but im sure they would still like to see their favorite bands when they come around.
    Yeah so you live in an area where no bands play so you want Coachella to run things around the way you want them to go. I would have thought that if you never have any bands come to your part of the country you would be more enthusiastic to get a three day pass so you could get your once a year dose of music.

To the Goers: Stop the nonsense. Stop ragging on people who are complaining that things are changing. Stop using the "it's worth the money" argument. Not everyone; lives close, can afford jacked up hotel prices for 3 nights, wants to re-live woodstock in 110 degree weather while camping.

To goldenvoice: are you 50% sold out yet? No? Didn't think so. Good luck with that.