Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dirty South

Default Re: Dirty South

the EM is very mediocre. Track selection is solid but the mixing is slow, predictable and there are some serious lags in the 2hr mix. I might catch him from afar if the set times align
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Here's a more up-to-date mix, that Essential Mix was back in 2008...

Dirty South Live @ NYE Sensation 2010
    01. Sebastian Ingrosso & Dirty South – Meich Clocks
    02. David Guetta, Sebastian Ingrosso, Dirty South and Julie Mc Knight – How Soon Is Now
    03. Big World feat.Markus Binapfl–Quadrillion(Moguai Remix)w/Basement Jaxx–Where’s Your Head At (Acapella)
    04. Avicii – Ryu (Laidback Luke Remix)
    05. Drumma & Calvin Harris & Soulsearcher – Can’t Get Convict Alone (Dirty South Bootleg)
    06. Tim Berg – Alcoholic
    07. Celeda – The Underground (ID Remix)
    08. Kings Of Leon – Use Somebody (Tong & Rogers Wonderland Mix)
    09. Miike Snow – Silvia (Dirty South & Sebastian Ingrosso Remix)
    10. Rank 1 – Symfo (ID Remix)
    11. Wippenberg vs. Evermore – Chakalaka Too Late (Dirty South Bootleg)
    12. De Bos – On The Run (Ralvero Get Down Remix) w/ M.A.N.D.Y. vs Booka Shade – Body Language
    13. Temper Traps – Sweet Disposition (Axwell & Dirty South Remix)
    14. Rank 1 – L.E.D There Be Light (Wippenberg Remix)
    15. Dirty South – Alamo w/ Steve Angello – Teasing Mr Charlie
    16. Muzzaik – Kontrast (Alex Gomez & Bias Factomania Pressure Remix) w/ Daft Punk –
    Aerodynamic w/ Dirty South – Let It Go (Acapella)

http://www9.zippyshare.com/v/81071844/file.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrus View Post
    His remix of Cicada The things you say is one of his best works (imo)
    I'm pumped to see him there!!!
    This has been on my youtube account in one form or another for a few years now.
    I hope it sounds this good in the Sahara.

Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    If you're in a relationship that causes Ancestry.com to crash, it's probably inappropriate.

Dirty South is great completely, but he is as commercial as it gets, sorry. He is up there with guetta, swedish house mafia, and laidback luke, as far as commerciality goes. Love his productions though, ill check out his set for sure.
    Ive heard a live recording of him and his mixing was terrible, maybe he has improved though

-tim
    DRUGS ON KIDS

Quote Originally Posted by thagorillaz View Post
    Dirty South is great completely, but he is as commercial as it gets, sorry. He is up there with guetta, swedish house mafia, and laidback luke, as far as commerciality goes. Love his productions though, ill check out his set for sure.
    Ive heard a live recording of him and his mixing was terrible, maybe he has improved though

-tim
    those guys are all so bland these days. SHM, laidback luke, dirty south, fedde le grand, funkagenda, david guetta...little to no difference between the lot of them. LL is supposed to be the most exciting of them all, but i saw him last weekend and thought he was quite boring. lots of poppy, commercial-friendly house beats.

i can't really blame people for being into that kind of stuff though. i mean, i can still get down to it...on a bumpin soundsystem...when im really hammered

Quote Originally Posted by Brochella View Post
    those guys are all so bland these days. SHM, laidback luke, dirty south, fedde le grand, funkagenda, david guetta...little to no difference between the lot of them. LL is supposed to be the most exciting of them all, but i saw him last weekend and thought he was quite boring. lots of poppy, commercial-friendly house beats.

i can't really blame people for being into that kind of stuff though. i mean, i can still get down to it...on a bumpin soundsystem...when im really hammered
    This is true to some extent, but then again, it is HOUSE music. It's not minimalistic dark beats such as Luciano or Dubfire. It's meant to make you dance (dance music). SHM, DS, & LBL are probably the best in the business right now, ranging from house-progressive house-tech house-dutch house. These guys weren't half as big as they now 2-3 years ago, but they are coming up quick because of their originality and mixing abilities.

LBL on the other hand is a bit sloppy on the mixing side, but then again this guy pretty much started dutch house along with Quintino, Rolvario, Afrojack, Chuckie...etc...so he is in a league of his own.

BTW, I saw LBL last weekend as well @ Voyeur (San Diego), where did you catch him?

I have more than a couple Dirty South Remixes in my Itunes.. Hes Done a really good DM "Just cant get enough" remix that i love very much.. Baring no conflicts, im there..

Every year i say im gonna spend more time during the day in the sahara and it never happens.. Heres to coaxing me in there round 4pm on sat..

Quote Originally Posted by serranocarlos View Post
    From reading your comment, I take it that you have never listened to Dirty South.

And if you mean euro-house that he's from Europe, then yes, it is euro-house. I don't think I've ever heard that term used since the 1990s...

For someone who started a thread and amps the guy up so much i figured you would know he was from Australia, not Europe.

Best DJ on the line up is just a dumb statement on your part though guy, he is very far from the best DJ on the line up. Learn who more of those artist are, Craze & Klever and Z-Trip are world class turntablist(real DJs), and you will soon realize Dirty South is average at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    For someone who started a thread and amps the guy up so much i figured you would know he was from Australia, not Europe.

Best DJ on the line up is just a dumb statement on your part though guy, he is very far from the best DJ on the line up. Learn who more of those artist are, Craze & Klever and Z-Trip are world class turntablist(real DJs), and you will soon realize Dirty South is average at best.
    Dirty South was born in Serbia, and last time I recall Serbia was in Europe. He was 13 when he moved to Australia. And his house beats are european based, as you can easily tell if you listen to him

And I never claimed he is the best DJ, I just said "in my opinion", so saying having an opinion is dumb, well that just says a lot about yourself. I've heard all the DJs on the line-up, and I think they are all real talented in their own way. Saying turntablist are "real DJs" also really doesn't make any sense, because you are attending a festival that the house/dubstep/electro...etc outnumbers the number of turntablists playing. Z-Trip is a really good DJ, just like DJ AM (RIP), DJ Q-Bert, DJ Shadow, I won't take that away from them, but their style is WAY too different to compare and say they are real DJs and house DJs are just bad. That's your opinion.

This is my first Coachella, and I'm pretty excited too. All I was doing by putting this post is telling you guys about a DJ that was playing on Saturday, since I saw no posts about him. He is huge in Europe and is getting bigger and bigger in the states, specially after 2009. I'll guarantee if you like house music and listen to his set at Coachella, you'll appreciate him as much as I do. That's all.

his remixs are tight on album but while im at choachella im def not about to miss epic sets where epic bands are actually playing their own original music, LIVE for some remixed house songs, unless im 4 or 5 rolls deeps and i just wanna dance

Dirty South was born in Serbia, and last time I recall Serbia was in Europe. He was 13 when he moved to Australia. And his house beats are european based, as you can easily tell if you listen to him

And I never claimed he is the best DJ, I just said "in my opinion", so saying having an opinion is dumb, well that just says a lot about yourself. I've heard all the DJs on the line-up, and I think they are all real talented in their own way. Saying turntablist are "real DJs" also really doesn't make any sense, because you are attending a festival that the house/dubstep/electro...etc outnumbers the number of turntablists playing. Z-Trip is a really good DJ, just like DJ AM (RIP), DJ Q-Bert, DJ Shadow, I won't take that away from them, but their style is WAY too different to compare and say they are real DJs and house DJs are just bad. That's your opinion.

This is my first Coachella, and I'm pretty excited too. All I was doing by putting this post is telling you guys about a DJ that was playing on Saturday, since I saw no posts about him. He is huge in Europe and is getting bigger and bigger in the states, specially after 2009. I'll guarantee if you like house music and listen to his set at Coachella, you'll appreciate him as much as I do. That's all.

I love house music actually, but Plastikman(aka Richie Hawtin) is 1,000,000X better than Dirty South. I saw Dirty South at Nocturnal this past year and i have his set from that night on my ipod, nothing that impressive but it is enjoyable and very dancable. 2manyDJs play electro house and will destroy anything Dirty South can do, i was just pointing out that your opinion is uneducated if you truly believe he is the best DJ on the line up. To each their own though, i will most likely be watching Dirty Souths set, but even you as a bigger fan than me has to admit his mixing skills aren't very special. Production wise he has some good tracks, but the best thing about his sets is the track selection, but durring his mixing it's a little off most the time.
    Last edited by Distorted_Jungle; 01-22-2010 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by terrible1fi View Post
    don't forget your ed hardy shirts!
    thats funny fernando because i remember you being into that stuff sooo hard ...

you used to jock that shit like crazy and now you are making fun of it

and stop hating on dirty south ... OR lbl

I heer u liek teh dirty south.
    12 hours of traveling + $1300 in plane tickets = my Coachella.

No but I hear your mother likes it dirty south, way south.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

Up until just now, every time I saw him on the line up, my brain read "Dirty Vegas"

Talk about past expiration date.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

— Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

No but I hear your mother likes it dirty south, way south.
    On her feet? You're fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliwood View Post
    On her feet? You're fucked.
    She get's boring after a while, gotta spice things up a bit!

She get's boring after a while, gotta spice things up a bit!
    Nevertheless fucked.

never seen this guy or heard his music, but after skimming this trainwreck of a thread, there is no way that I care enough to check him or his Coachella set out.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliwood View Post
    Nevertheless fucked.
    yes your mom did get fucked

Coolio aaa-gg.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by 3n60r63d View Post
    haters gonna hate. i enjoyed dirty south's essential mix quite a bit. im very excited to see him at coachella
    Man, why do people gotta try and put down so much around here? I didn't know Dirty South, but I checked him out before Bassnectar and he was awesome. Just because an artist doesn't play a guitar they are discredited by many of these people on this board. I'm tired of it.

Am I confusing Dirty South with another act, or did some other guy come on stage during his set at one point? Everyone started cheering and then the guy left after about 5 minutes. Anyone know who it was?

Tiesto was there for a bit
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY