Thread: EARLY FLIGHT ON MONDAY

Default EARLY FLIGHT ON MONDAY

I have to take a flight that leaves at 730am from LAX on monday , is there any better option than driving tired or taking greyhound bus, the bus that departs early morning its at 4 , arriving 7am .. not time for international flight.

Any help ?

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

Default Re: EARLY FLIGHT ON MONDAY

hitchhike out on sunday night. I know it sound like a silly idea, but I'll bet ten bucks of my own cash that you make your flight in comfort.

in 2007, I had no way of getting back to LA. I packed up all my shit sunday night because I didn't wanna get caught walking to the greyhound station in the sun. me and two friends of mine. three sweaty, filthy dudes laden with lots of gear. we taped a piece of cardboard to the back of one of our backpacks that said "LA or bust", and started walking at about 2:30 AM, and like typical east coasters,we were pretty sure we'd be found dead by the road the next day. we didn't even make it off the 800 feet of dirt road leading to the highway before someone in a mustang pulls over, and proceeds to take us atraight back to LAX. we were eating breakfast at denny's at 6.

pack up right after gorillaz on sunday, and just start walking with your thumb out. there WILL be someone with an empty seat or two going back to LAX for an early flight in a rental car. there will most likely be THOUSANDS.

.... or you could end up being violated and stuffed into a 44 gallon drum of acid and rolled into the grand canyon

Seriously dude, just change your flight!
    Recent studies at Yale have shown that being an asshole is detrimental to one's health. Professor Sweetlove, a Psychology professor, came on record as saying:
    "Assholes and local desert rats tend to live shorter lives and have less consensual sexual relations than non assholes. It could be due to lower testoserone levels or a chemical imbalance in the brain but some people are just wired to be.... well.... assholes"
    Full story can be found here. AP

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrus View Post
    .... or you could end up being violated and stuffed into a 44 gallon drum of acid and rolled into the grand canyon
    whats wrong with a little foreplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Citrons View Post
    I have to take a flight that leaves at 730am from LAX on monday , is there any better option than driving tired or taking greyhound bus, the bus that departs early morning its at 4 , arriving 7am .. not time for international flight.

Any help ?
    You have a few months to arrange a carpool. There will be people like me doing exactly the same as you. Just keep an eye here.

I'd offer to help, but I am going to SNA, not LAX.

Quote Originally Posted by Citrons View Post

Any help ?
    I've done this before (actually dropped someone off at LAX and then had to drive back to Palm Springs). After 3 days of Coachella, that is one long and miserable drive. You don't want to depend on a bus to get you there a half hour before your flight takes off either.

The smart option would be to find a flight that leaves out of Palm Springs airport, or even Ontario... but if that can't be done, just gonna have to suck it up!
    Last edited by flowbee; 01-21-2010 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gyrus View Post

Seriously dude, just change your flight!
    This I've tried before. It was alright, I guess.

... So... need a ride?

What about a flight from PSP to LAX?

Edit; nvm; that option is horrible cost-wise.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 01-22-2010 at 10:15 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

i changed my flight man... thx for the advise.