Thread: STILL blows my mind.

Default STILL blows my mind.

That anyone would buy airfare and other things (hotels excluded, those sold out faster) before you'd buy your tickets to the actual even that you are traveling great distances to see.

It's like driving cross country for a toilet convention, only to be vaguely surprised that you have no toilet paper.

vinylmartyr

Default Re: STILL blows my mind.

I understand why people do it. Its never sold out this fast. The earlier you book your airfare the cheaper it is and hotels go fast. People prioritized what they thought was important based on past experience. Next year people will be prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    I understand why people do it. Its never sold out this fast. The earlier you book your airfare the cheaper it is and hotels go fast. People prioritized what they thought was important based on past experience. Next year people will be prepared.
    Yeah, I had my hotel booked way before tix went on sale.

I guess I didn't take into account that this year is unlike any year we've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Good Days Last View Post
    I guess I didn't take into account that this year is unlike any year we've ever had.
    you dont know much about how things work. every year people reserve flights and hotel rooms before tickets go on sale. while it sold out much earlier than people thought, it in no way changes how people have gone about their travel and accomodation arrangements. its the main reason the event dates are announced before anything else regarding every single festival ever. case in point: you have to be ready the morning of april 27th to get a motel 6 for next year.

but way to wag your finger without knowing what youre talking about.

Wally World

well personally if I had the flight and hotel booked why wouldn't i save the extra bucks by buying pre pre sale? I mean you are committed to go right? save a few extra for 7 dollar beers instead.
    "God got Wendys' period mixed up, every 28 days she starts acting nice...it lasts about a weekend."

Quote Originally Posted by windscreen View Post
    well personally if I had the flight and hotel booked why wouldn't i save the extra bucks by buying pre pre sale? I mean you are committed to go right? save a few extra for 7 dollar beers instead.
    next time, presale. im pretty sure everybody learned their lesson. but keep in mind you used to be considered overly paranoid if you got your tix early march.
    and im guessing you have to get the cheap and sometimes nonrefundable flights and rooms right away or youre assed out. not really sure on that.

funny enough last year i bought in on the presale and figured when Madonna was added it would sell out FAST....and we know that didn't happen. I waited a bit longer this time around but once the single day Sunday then Saturday sold i figured i needed to buy mine.

I understand what you are saying though...I hope those folks find tix cuz i know i would hate to miss it.
    "God got Wendys' period mixed up, every 28 days she starts acting nice...it lasts about a weekend."

Quote Originally Posted by Good Days Last View Post
    That anyone would buy airfare and other things (hotels excluded, those sold out faster) before you'd buy your tickets to the actual even that you are traveling great distances to see.

It's like driving cross country for a toilet convention, only to be vaguely surprised that you have no toilet paper.
    Haaa!

TOTALLY agree!

That's why THE VERY FIRST THINGS I BOUGHT were my 3 day pass & my camping pass.

Airfare can wait, I figgured...the planes are gonna still be there come April...the tickets I KNEW, wouldn't. ;-)

WELL I WISH I WOULD'VE KNOWN
    IM FROM CALI BUT LIVE IN TX AND I HAVE
    MY TICKETS TO GO TO CALI BUT NOT THE TICKETS
    I STILL HAVE THINGS TO DO BUT I WANTED
    TO GO MAINLY TO SEE RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
    AND WAT SUXS IS I DOUBT THEY WILL EVER
    DO A CONCERT TOGETHER AGAIN

Well - I just got bit in the ass on this one and I can only blame myself. But surprise has a lot to do with it:

My 1st Coachella in '05, I decided 10 days before to go. I got a 2day pass on ebay for only $99 including shipping and thought SCORE! My sister joined me for Sunday and got the 1day ticket out front for $75 cash.

Last year I waited, but when Madonna was added, I bought mine ($200). My sister and her husband waited until the week before and got TWO 2day passes for only $200 shipped! So I would argue that some people might wait hoping for good deals like that and due to procrastination.

This year i booked my hotel in december. I was planning on going to a ticketmaster outlet so I could get hard tickets, never did it, and then BOOM it's sold out. Damn. Had to resort to getting an Amex Gold Card VIP 3-day Pass at WILCALL for $582. OUCH! Presale all the way baby next time.
    Go Green.
    Coachella '05-'13
    Outside Lands '12-'13

I now revoke my sarcasm and "in your face" attitude.

Hope you all find tickets. Seriously. I'm selling some this weekend. And If I had extra, I'm one of those guys that would sell for face.

Lurker

I'll buy your tix, good days last. i live in bountiful and my email is jonas01radio@hotmail.com