Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
Results 241 to 270 of 316

Thread: Phoenix

  1. #241

    Default Re: Phoenix

    Well Amy were they amazing or what .

  2. #242

    Default Re: Phoenix

    I respect you've seen great acts . Please be honest . Was that anything close to nine inch nails or Bowie or radiohead or even the black keys .

  3. #243

    Default Re: Phoenix

    Same world ?

  4. #244
    Lurker adammm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    35

    Default Re: Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Pea View Post
    no one
    Not to the extent of questioning Phoenix. Believe me i get the headliners are subpar, but Phoenix will still put on a great and memorable show. You are seeing them headline their first major festival. That can be a good or bad thing. Hopefully good.

  5. #245
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,851

    Default Re: Phoenix

    I think the new songs sounded great live. I am a bit underwhelmed by most of the non-single tracks on the last album, but it was a fun show. Singer is a cutie.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  6. #246

    Default Re: Phoenix

    OK guys I really need to hear the new album before Thursday, especially if they're playing a good chunk of it live. Help me out here.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  7. #247
    Member jnthnbyl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    121

    Default Re: Phoenix

    It's out there dude. If you're not sorted by the time I get home tonight (around midnight GMT) I'll see what i can do.
    twitter: @mrjonathanboyle

    instagram: jnthnbyl

  8. #248
    Member rambleonfreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Orange County
    Posts
    776

    Default Re: Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by xuclarockerx View Post
    OK guys I really need to hear the new album before Thursday, especially if they're playing a good chunk of it live. Help me out here.
    check filestube

  9. #249
    Member Godspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,244

    Default Re: Phoenix

    Seeing Phoenix tonight, which is cool, in case they conflict with someone else I want to see during weekend 2. Chances are that I will see them twice in a matter of two weeks, though.

  10. #250

    Default Re: Phoenix

    http://newalbumreleases.net/53517/ph...nkrupt-2013-2/
    download the one under "uploaded"
    you're welcome

  11. #251

    Default Re: Phoenix

    Blocked at work. I'll try later, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Hey here's an idea. You know those people who are desperately poor, down on their luck, uneducated, abused, and generally ill-equipped for life? Let's make fun of them.

  12. #252

    Default Re: Phoenix

    File's been taken down on both newalbumreleases.net links anyway. Skynet is learning.

  13. #253

    Default Re: Phoenix

    There you have it Amyzzz gave her blessing saying the singer was cute. Do what you will with info.

  14. #254

    Default Re: Phoenix

    thanks, just listened to the new album, its pretty good. if someone has an ftp server setup i will dump it there if need be.

  15. #255
    Member Godspeed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,244

    Default Re: Phoenix

    What are the chances that their set tonight is the same set they play at coachella? I'll write the setlist down.

  16. #256

    Default Re: Phoenix

    One last dig god thomas mars is the most boring lead of all time.

  17. #257
    Member mikeoley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Culver City
    Posts
    245

    Default Re: Phoenix

    Why just one last dig? Keep it going man.

    Quote Originally Posted by roboto View Post
    One last dig god thomas mars is the most boring lead of all time.

  18. #258
    Member mikeoley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Culver City
    Posts
    245

    Default Re: Phoenix

    I didn't see the set (over at Sigur and Booka Shade) but it sounds like Phoenix totally pulled it off. Good for them! R Kelly is a bit strange but whatever works.

  19. #259

    Default Re: Phoenix

    I was way back and pretty pooped from a 12-hour day on the fields, so I left about halfway through, but they sounded great - a billion times better than that SNL performance.

  20. #260

    Default Re: Phoenix

    saw the first couple songs (entertainment and lasso) from the beer gardens before making my way over to sigur ros. they had a great crowd from what I could tell and they sounded great! I plan to see them weekend 2, but sigur ros was good enough for me to think about skipping phoenix again in favor of them.

    I consider myself a fan of phoenix, but I was actually angry at them a few times for interrupting some quieter moments during sigur ros. I'll get over it!
    last.fm | facebook | twitter | tumblr
    2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
    2012 2013 2014
    8/5 Arcade Fire (Sleep Train Amphitheater) 10/3-5 Austin City Limits

  21. #261

    Default Re: Phoenix

    I consider myself a fairly big fan of Phoenix, but had no idea why GV felt they were ready for the main stage. I went in as a skeptic, but felt that the band completely justified their presence. The sound was crisp and the levels were perfect, the visuals and lighting were welcomed accompaniments, and the band produces an amount of energy within the audience that very few bands can do--even the group to the right of me wearing flat-bill LA Kings hats smoking cigars and calling so-and-so "faggots" couldn't help but move just a little (they were obviously waiting for Daft Punk).

    I was afraid they'd play too much of 'Bankrupt', but the amount of songs they played were limited and the ones they did play are my favorite from the record. R Kelly's appearance is the most genuine surprise I've ever had at Coachella, or at any music-going experience--I also had no idea I knew EVERY SINGLE WORD to 'Ignition'. Mars' finale, where he crowdsurfs the crowd from the soundbooth back to the stage during a reprise of 'Entertainment' was a great moment and worthy of the Coachella experience.

    Last comment, the group in LA Kings flatbill hats repeatedly chanted Daft Punk anytime Phoenix played sometime remotely funky (e.g. Love like Sunset + Bankrupt). At the end of the night, a lot of people stood around chanting Daft Punk, and not Phoenix. As we left the campgrounds, here's a list of comments overheard:

    "I can't believe i put up with that shit and we got no Daft Punk" (in a tone when a valley girl doesn't get to drive daddy's bmw to the school dance)
    "Fuck yo. That shit was weak yo" (guys in LA kings flat bill hats)
    "Who the hell wanted these guys on stage anyway? Give me some French! DAFT PUNK! DAFT PUNK! (Phoenix=not actually from Phoenix)

    Lovely lovely people. I know you're reading. Keep coming to the festival. The Faint felt relatively empty cause you idiots were watching some awful trap/dubshit or something.

  22. #262
    Member thefrush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    1,798

    Default Re: Phoenix

    I really hope when DP does go on tour, that GV has them play a show or festival that's NOT Coachella so that these types of people stop coming.
    2013 = Coverchella

    2011 = Perfectchella

  23. #263
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,557

    Default Re: Phoenix

    Phoenix was the worst... honestly. I was so bored and upset by the end of the set. Sure, ill admit I was curious about Daft Punk. But i was more curious to see what it was GV felt they had that deserved to be top spot. The hits from the last album are still great, but the new songs just didnt have any energy. And to top it all off, an absolute joke of an encore. Bringing out R Kelly, crowd surfing for ten minutes and then finishing over ten minutes early on saturday night... wow. Fuckin bullshit. Luckily i still had time to run over and catch the end of Sigur Ros and I still got to watch the first 5 songs of New Order.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

    - PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

  24. #264
    Member flowbee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Seattle/Palm Springs
    Posts
    1,341

    Default Re: Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by billypilgrimisunstuck View Post
    I consider myself a fairly big fan of Phoenix, but had no idea why GV felt they were ready for the main stage. I went in as a skeptic, but felt that the band completely justified their presence. The sound was crisp and the levels were perfect, the visuals and lighting were welcomed accompaniments, and the band produces an amount of energy within the audience that very few bands can do--even the group to the right of me wearing flat-bill LA Kings hats smoking cigars and calling so-and-so "faggots" couldn't help but move just a little (they were obviously waiting for Daft Punk).

    I was afraid they'd play too much of 'Bankrupt', but the amount of songs they played were limited and the ones they did play are my favorite from the record. R Kelly's appearance is the most genuine surprise I've ever had at Coachella, or at any music-going experience--I also had no idea I knew EVERY SINGLE WORD to 'Ignition'. Mars' finale, where he crowdsurfs the crowd from the soundbooth back to the stage during a reprise of 'Entertainment' was a great moment and worthy of the Coachella experience.

    Last comment, the group in LA Kings flatbill hats repeatedly chanted Daft Punk anytime Phoenix played sometime remotely funky (e.g. Love like Sunset + Bankrupt). At the end of the night, a lot of people stood around chanting Daft Punk, and not Phoenix. As we left the campgrounds, here's a list of comments overheard:

    "I can't believe i put up with that shit and we got no Daft Punk" (in a tone when a valley girl doesn't get to drive daddy's bmw to the school dance)
    "Fuck yo. That shit was weak yo" (guys in LA kings flat bill hats)
    "Who the hell wanted these guys on stage anyway? Give me some French! DAFT PUNK! DAFT PUNK! (Phoenix=not actually from Phoenix)

    Lovely lovely people. I know you're reading. Keep coming to the festival. The Faint felt relatively empty cause you idiots were watching some awful trap/dubshit or something.
    Good read. Thanks.

  25. #265
    Member Mr. Porter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    LA & Mililani
    Posts
    1,757

    Default Re: Phoenix

    The new songs sounded great, especially "The Real Thing"
    I'ma ball at the mall shuttin' down the sea wall

  26. #266
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Phoenix

    Phoenix killed it again! wasnt much of a fan of "Entertainment" but when they openned with it, it was killer energy

  27. #267
    Member Nealocus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    649

    Default Re: Phoenix

    Loved their set and loved R Kelly. Yea make all the jokes you want but 90% of the crowd along with myself knew every single word to 'Ignition' and wasn't afraid to sing it. Was a better finish than the RHCP for sure, even though the chili peppers sounded great.
    Friday: Outkast, The Replacements, Girl Talk, Chromeo, AFI, The Afghan Whigs, Bastille, Jagwar Ma, Grouplove, Caravan Palace
    Saturday: Muse, QOTSA, Pharrell, Foster the People, Empire of the Sun, Kid Cudi, Sleigh Bells, Cage the Elephant, CHVRCHES, Capitol Cities, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Bear Hands
    Sunday: Arcade Fire, Beck, Neutral Milk Hotel, Trombone Shorty, Frank Turner, Surfer Blood, J Roddy Walston

  28. #268
    Member Kindoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Culver Shitty, CA
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: Phoenix

    Quote Originally Posted by Coachella Bound View Post
    Phoenix was the worst... honestly. I was so bored and upset by the end of the set. Sure, ill admit I was curious about Daft Punk. But i was more curious to see what it was GV felt they had that deserved to be top spot. The hits from the last album are still great, but the new songs just didnt have any energy. And to top it all off, an absolute joke of an encore. Bringing out R Kelly, crowd surfing for ten minutes and then finishing over ten minutes early on saturday night... wow. Fuckin bullshit. Luckily i still had time to run over and catch the end of Sigur Ros and I still got to watch the first 5 songs of New Order.
    Completely disagree with everything you said. Entertainment (new song) had tons of energy as an opener. R. Kelly was fucking awesome. The crowd surf/climbing on sound booth was so cool and genuine. You go in with a pessimistic, bad attitude - anything short of a masterpiece you'll leave underwhelemed. Plain and simple.
    Last edited by Kindoy; 04-15-2013 at 08:24 PM.

  29. #269

    Default Re: Phoenix

    I was on here awhile back whining about their show in SF. I take it all back. They killed it Saturday night.

    I came in halfway through Sunskrupt! and when they followed that up with "Too Young" I died. R. Kelly was a more inspired guest than Daft Punk would have been - surprising, weird, and cool. I can't think of another time I've seen a mashup happening on stage (usually R Kelly would sing Phoenix songs, or vice versa). So cool. Great way to finish my favorite night of Coachella, maybe in all eight years I've gone.

  30. #270
    Member arya.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    528

    Default Re: Phoenix

    Love Like A Sunset was so unbelievably beautiful. One of the fondest Coachella memories I will ever have. Such an awesome way to end a perfect Saturday.
    anything could happen

Similar Threads

  1. The Rapture Vs. Phoenix
    By PC-2 Violence in forum Polls
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 01-19-2010, 06:01 PM
  2. new phoenix
    By matsuolost in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 60
    Last Post: 10-05-2009, 12:23 PM
  3. Phoenix/Coachella
    By djbionik in forum Carpools
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 09:05 AM
  4. Phoenix to Coachella
    By azzil in forum Carpools
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 03:17 PM
  5. Anyone from Phoenix have room for one?
    By faxman75 in forum Carpools
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 07:59 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •