Thread: MUSE

Default Re: MUSE

Lullaby versions of Muse

http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lul...se/id357774673

Endlessly by Renee Fleming

USoE by June

Uprising by X-Factor contestant

Knights of Cydonia by USC TMB

Last edited by idrive1life; 04-01-2010 at 11:48 PM.

I can't wait!!! I'll be seeing them in Vegas and Oakland as well.

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    wow thats a little over kill sure MUSE is amazing but for god sakes you are seeing them twice before coachella,if you have any musical taste you will be wise to check out another group during this time instead of muse. with that said they have too many songs from the new album on their i knew they would that only makes me want to catch just a little bit of them.

Paul is dead

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainst View Post
    wow thats a little over kill sure MUSE is amazing but for god sakes you are seeing them twice before coachella,if you have any musical taste you will be wise to check out another group during this time instead of muse. with that said they have too many songs from the new album on their i knew they would that only makes me want to catch just a little bit of them.
    Well, there are a huge number of bands I want to see this entire weekend and I'm waiting for the schedule. But I will still be there for Muse on Saturday. I don't see a problem with it. It's just something I do with a lot of bands.

I just heard Starlight on KIIS FM right now and realized how hard I am going to lose my shit during that song. CAN'T WAIT.

...common sense tells me to go see music from bands I love as many times as possible too! Don't listen to anyone else, otherwise you'd be taking your soul's desires for granted by not going to see some band you love or admire, based on the comments of another person's shallow opinion and agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by akilleeez View Post
    ...common sense tells me to go see music from bands I love as many times as possible too! Don't listen to anyone else, otherwise you'd be taking your soul's desires for granted by not going to see some band you love or admire, based on the comments of another person's shallow opinion and agenda.
    Thank you. I agree. It wouldn't make sense to avoid a band that I love and enjoy. It would be like going to a bar and not ordering my favorite drink just because other drinks are available. No sense in that!

Can anyone tell me what the chance of hearing "Take a Bow" is? Ever since I first heard it, I've imagined this spectacular light show for it and I want, no NEED, to see it live.

Thank you. I agree. It wouldn't make sense to avoid a band that I love and enjoy. It would be like going to a bar and not ordering my favorite drink just because other drinks are available. No sense in that!
    I don't know... This logic confuses me. Step out of your box, especially if you are going to see them twice before Coachella. Explore a little bit. Especially with a band like Muse. If you see them once, you know how they are going to perform. They aren't going to change much up for Coachella at all. It's the same drink over and over; step out of your comfort zone and stumble into a new tent or stage. Seeing a band before Coachella to me is a process to minimize conflicts. A lot of it depends on the scheduling too I guess.

Perfect analogy.
    [ Friday ]Them Crooked Vultures Jay-Z Benny Benassi Passion Pit
    [ Saturday ] Muse Porcupine Tree Faith No More Mew Tiesto The Dead Weather Pretty Lights
    [ Sunday ] Gorillaz Thom Yorke MuteMath Yann Tiersen Phoenix Orbital

so i dont really care for muse but i was just given a ticket to the show tonight in seattle. guess i will post a review when i get back. hopefully they forget all their songs and just play covers
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

does anyone see them coming back to LA after coachella in the near future? or what about outside lands i could possibly seem them headlining one night...
    http://soundcloud.com/laflur

Monthly Promotional Mix Series now available

For those who have yet to experience Muse or really haven't given them a chance I'd say check out some of these songs on youtube and you'll get a good idea of what their about:

Sunburn, Bliss, Citizen Erased, New Born, Starlight, Plug-in Baby, Stockholm Syndrome, Knights of Cydonia, Take a Bow, Hysteria, Undisclosed Desires....

Those are just a few to check out. If you like them, great, if not, then don't waste your time at Coachella seeing them. And the new cd had to grow on me but now I like it too. Not my favorite but a very mellow album. This will be my third time seeing them.

Orgin of Symmetry>Black Holes and Revalations>Absolution> Resistance>Showbiz

Quote Originally Posted by goldfromla View Post
    does anyone see them coming back to LA after coachella in the near future? or what about outside lands i could possibly seem them headlining one night...
    They'll be back in the fall to hit up major locations they didn't reach this spring. They will announce the new US dates after Coachella.
    Last edited by JessicaSarahS; 04-02-2010 at 11:20 PM.
    Muse - Fever Ray - Gary Numan - Mew - Them Crooked Vultures - The Dead Weather - Pavement - Thom Yorke - Grizzly Bear - Dillinger Escape Plan - Street Sweeper Social Club -Devo - Les Claypool - Coheed and Cambria - Faith No More - Jonsi - Porcupine Tree - Deerhunter - Mute Math - Little Boots - Gorillaz - Imogen Heap - LCD Soundsystem - Corinne Bailey Rae - Echo & the Bunnymen

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Just got back from the Seattle show, my first Muse show. First reaction: Very impressive. Matt Bellamy, the man was born to perform and does so at an extremely high level. The stage production was ace but without giving any spoilers, I fear there are some really cool parts they won't be able to recreate at Coachella. The entire stage was clearly custom made and tricked out.

My only complaints are the new songs outside of Uprising and The Resistance. They sort of blew. The sound was fine but they're still underwhelming compared to much of Muse's older collection. No Citizen Erased or MK Ultra was unfortunate as well. But, New Born is a fucking monster of a song live and easily my favorite tune they played.

All that said, as one of the better rock shows I've seen in a while it was absolutely worth the price of admission and would encourage anyone curious to check them out. I'll absolutely catch their next tour.

Oh, and the interludes/bridges/ditties between songs were really, really good.

and wow, you got one of my absolute favorite songs ... the mesmerizing Ruled by Secrecy ... not too bad hearing that live in your first Muse show and you didn't mention it/no big deal for you

That was one of the few I didn't know by name. Knew the words though. Good times.

Furthermore, for those who haven't already had the pleasure, the guitar buildup and throw-down in KOC is something to behold. People sort of lose their shit, tons-o-fun.

Worth checking out for the spectacle, but the new album is so very lacking.
    05-12.2

^
    Yes. Spectacle + old songs are tits. New songs, ~1/4 of the set, are iky tits.

did you notice they covered negative creep? he didnt sing it but they totally jamed on it. i dont care for muse at all but i gotta admit i was pretty fucking impressed by that show
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

The fact that they're playing Bliss (even if it's only for one show) is great. If they bust that song out it will be IMMENSE and will make my entire weekend.

I didn't notice negative creep but they also played an RATM riff from "Township Rebellion" during one of the jams toward the end.

blue plate special

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Just got back from the Seattle show, my first Muse show.
    I was also at that show. I don't really care for Muse, but a friend of mine from out of town txted me around noon and said he had an extra ticket, so, I went.

I got a new Sanyo Xacti a couple days ago and I wanted to try it out:

That piano is so sweet, internal LED lights hooked up to each key that reflect off the open top.

blue plate special

yeah, i was mostly experimenting with the video camera, and i only had a 2gb card. (my 32gb card showed up this morning from amazon.) but by the end of the show, I think I'd found settings that will look acceptable for Coachella and Sasquatch.

It's a private video btw

Quote Originally Posted by RageAgainst View Post
    Who gives a fuck what they do? If they wanna see MUSE 1,000 times in their life, let them. What ever makes them happy, you know?

We all have our bands - bands that we could see over and over and over again, and it would never get old. Some go to Phish shows, some go to Tool shows, some go to Jacket shows and others go to MUSE shows.

Props on you for see the band you love a bunch of times on this tour...who knows when they'll be back in the states....See ya'll at the show - i'll be the guy trying to jump out of my skin.

Quote Originally Posted by DaFunkyPrecedent View Post
    Props on you for see the band you love a bunch of times on this tour...who knows when they'll be back in the states.....
    They're actually supposed to be back this autumn...Waitin for them to announce dates

Quote Originally Posted by Kid B View Post
    The fact that they're playing Bliss (even if it's only for one show) is great. If they bust that song out it will be IMMENSE and will make my entire weekend.
    Holy shit yes, I don't wanna get my hopes up too high but Bliss would be incredible!

I know for the next leg of their European tour they are letting the fans vote on the top three songs they'd like to hear and in every event Bliss is in that top three. Personally my favorite of all their songs. It'd be ridiculous if they played Bliss. My whole weekend would just be THAT much better.