Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MUSE

Default Re: MUSE

i like origin of symmetry the most.
    2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014, 2014

Wow, almsot non one thinks Showbiz is the best. I mean its pretty good but NOT EVEN CLOSE to the masterpieces of Origin or Absolution.

yeah i'd have to say showbiz is one of my least favs. overall i am actually really excited for their show. one MAJOR concern. they aren't closing the main stage?? how can you have a good encore or one at all when you aren't the closing act? fuck that asshat tiesto. make him go on before Muse so we can give the headlining act the headlining time slot they deserve
    Iron Maiden, Boards of Canada and Underworld for 2013

Citizen Erased and Micro Cuts.

Yess, i like it.

looking forward to:
    sunburn
    supermassive black hole
    undisclosed desires
    united states of eurasia
    exogenesis: symphony: part 1 (overture)

even if not on the radar, would still love to hear:
    new born
    butterflies and hurricanes
    take abow

not likely at all, but i'll be fucken overjoyed if they play:
    showbiz
    muscle museum
    hoodoo (this song is intense live, phew!)
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybrew View Post
    ... one MAJOR concern. they aren't closing the main stage?? how can you have a good encore or one at all when you aren't the closing act? fuck that asshat tiesto. make him go on before Muse so we can give the headlining act the headlining time slot they deserve
    i doubt that tiesto will close the main stage. when he was on the main stage after red hot chilli peppers in 2007, the words "main stage" were by his name. tiesto will most likely close out the dance tent (crosses fingers!)
    Jagwar Ma ● the Knife ● GOAT ● the Preatures ● Bo Ningen ● Woodkid ● QOTSA ● Foxygen ● Little Dragon
    DARKSIDE ● Lorde ● Temples ● Factory Floor ● Banks ● Duck Sauce ● Grouplove ● Pet Shop Boys
    ● OutKast ● Muse ● Mogwai ● Austra ● CHVRCHES ● Syd Arthur ● J. Roddy Watson & the Business

wishlist, still: wishlist, still: missy elliot●oingo boingo●talking heads●grace jones●george clinton●fiona apple
    sweat.x●jamiroquai●space●hooverphonic●los fabulosos cadillacs●la santa cecilia

Quote Originally Posted by mickflyy View Post
    Stockholm Syndrome please
    xeleventybillion

I figure I'll get a taste on March 6th and report back on how much energy they have left.

thee-best-live-band-on-the-planet...period.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cuauhtemoc723 View Post
    i doubt that tiesto will close the main stage. when he was on the main stage after red hot chilli peppers in 2007, the words "main stage" were by his name. tiesto will most likely close out the dance tent (crosses fingers!)
    Where? not on the poster
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

I no there's a millon threads already on this but are they bringing there stage setup or what?

Quote Originally Posted by over1/2decade View Post
    I no there's a millon threads already on this but are they bringing there stage setup or what?
    They brought their stage setup for Big Day Out in Australia, which is a similar festival event across the country. If they brought it all for that i'd imagine they would most definately be bringing it around the States and to Coachella.
    Mike./

Their setup looks so lonely at time on those pillars. I would get sad.

It's the massive projectors that they use to put video of themselves playing that make it great. Here they used the massive sound towers on either side of the stage with a sheet covering them as a screen then projected themselves onto it and it looked awesome
    Last edited by Kaimyrdin; 03-01-2010 at 09:16 PM.
    Mike./

just got back from muse in VA.
    kicked total ass. i like muse, and it did not seem there were a lot of people there who LOVED muse - the crowd was kinda lame, but the band was on fire, played excellently, and had a great time doing it.

the stage setup and lighting/video cues are some of the most elaborate i have ever seen. it was gorgeous and impressive. i woulda taken pictures but i had to leave for the show straight from work and my camera needs to be charged.
    we had floor seats, i was maybe 20 rows back?
    if you plan on being close enough at coachella, bring a camera!
    no coachella for me this year. lineup is too weak to fly coast to coast.

i can not wait for the muse
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

Talking Re: MUSE

yay for MUSE!!!
    w00t!

Coachella 07 08 09 and 10

If I'm not too familiar with muse except for some live videos on youtube, would I be better off staying out of the crowd during their set if I'm gonna be frying on lsd? I can just picture being surrounded by pogo-ing fans and feeling absolutely trapped.

It seems like it would be an amazing show on doses if everyone was standing pretty still haha but that's not gonna happen nor would I want it to really. Would I appreciate it from the back of the crowd or should I wander to the sahara instead?
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by bullokz View Post
    EURO WHOAH-OHHHH! chants we could easily do during Resistance
    Isn't that a spin-off from Ole, Ole, Ole?
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

Quote Originally Posted by saulgood View Post
    If I'm not too familiar with muse except for some live videos on youtube, would I be better off staying out of the crowd during their set if I'm gonna be frying on lsd? I can just picture being surrounded by pogo-ing fans and feeling absolutely trapped.

It seems like it would be an amazing show on doses if everyone was standing pretty still haha but that's not gonna happen nor would I want it to really. Would I appreciate it from the back of the crowd or should I wander to the sahara instead?

the muse will be amazing, if u like there music you should see them on acid it will be mind blowing
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

I saw Muse when I was studying abroad last fall in Italy on 11/21/09 (in the city of Bologna) and it was one of the craziest experiences of my life. I was on the ground floor, slightly drunk and I felt like I was part of an enormous, amorphous mass of soccer-hooligans.

My buddy and I were possibly the only (if not, some of the very few) Americans there, and the Italian Muse fans were really chill (but when Muse came on, fucking crazy) and shared their alcohol with us because they heard us speaking English.

Anyways, my point is Muse puts on an outstanding live show, and I hope it translates well in the U.S. I really get the feeling the crowd is going to seem lame after experiencing them in Europe (where they are infinitely more popular). Prove me wrong people!

Quote Originally Posted by NoMeansYes2010 View Post
    Anyways, my point is Muse puts on an outstanding live show, and I hope it translates well in the U.S. I really get the feeling the crowd is going to seem lame after experiencing them in Europe (where they are infinitely more popular). Prove me wrong people!
    They have come a long way as far as popularity goes here in the States since their last Coachella visit, so I wouldn't be worried about too much of a letdown at the festival; but some of the arenas on the US tour are definitely going to be a step down from their always-sold-out European dates.
    14 in a row = 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012a, 2012b, 2013a, 2013b, 2014a, 2014b

Quote Originally Posted by saulgood View Post

i was on a very mild hit last night, it was fine.
    no coachella for me this year. lineup is too weak to fly coast to coast.

Alright, I'm gonna give it a try. I don't mind if it turns sour because I cherish my bad/scary acid experiences almost as much as my glorious peaks, it's like exercise for your psyche. But the muse does seem to be amazing live and I'm sure I can handle it, I got dragged to a frat party on acid so I don't think it gets much worse than that.

Banned

i seriously don't give a fuck about muse.

Quote Originally Posted by thewindowliquor View Post
    Yes you do, or you wouldn't be posting on the muse thread. You're like the girl in elementary school that picks on the boy she secretly has a crush on. It's kinda cute, really.

I seriously don't give a fuck about your opinion. Blanket statements with no supporting reasons make people look ignorant.

Quote Originally Posted by thom cobain View Post
    this isn't a muse show, it's coachella. they will bring a set to impress.
    Totally true. RHCP played songs in 2007 that I haven't heard them play live in a long time, and they're just among other bands doing the same. Coachella brings out the best in people!
    Coachella 2006, 2007, 2009, and coming soon: 2010

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NoMeansYes2010 View Post
    Blanket statements with no supporting reasons make people look ignorant.
    Isn't that a blanket statement itself?

Isn't that a blanket statement itself?
    This is a good retort, but you know what I mean. For example, if someone said "Thom Yorke sucks," they would obviously get flamed. On the other hand, if someone said "I can't really get into Thom Yorke's style of music," they are much less likely to be given shit.