Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: MUSE

Default Re: MUSE

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    QFT, I bet we'll get 3 or 4 songs off the new album which is fine. I just hope they close their set with "Take A Bow"
    If they do, I'm going to shit myself. That song is AMAZING live. Muse at Coachella is just going to be one gigantic 2-hour long orgasm. I CAN'T WAIT.

Quote Originally Posted by WhatLies View Post
    QFT, I bet we'll get 3 or 4 songs off the new album which is fine. I just hope they close their set with "Take A Bow"
    I have seen them open and close with Take A Bow. IMO it is way better as an opener. But if they play it at all I will be in heaven. That and Assassin are two songs they need to play for Coachella.

in response to those talking about all the new songs being played, yes older songs are more exciting and better in my opinion, but I saw them play a radio festival in Seattle in December, and the setlist was:

MK Ultra
    Hysteria
    Resistance
    Supermassive Black Hole
    Unnatural Selection
    United States of Eurasia
    Uprising
    Starlight
    Time is Running Out
    Plug in Baby
    Knights of Cydonia

As you can see 5 out of 11 songs were from the Resistance, but honestly it didn't matter that much, they played with so much energy and excitement there was never a dull moment, and the new stuff works better live then on the album, and being a festival they most likely won't be using the towers from the resistance tour, which IMO takes something away from the show, it is much nicer watching them perform on a normal stage.

Yes I would have loved to hear Stockholm Syndrome or New Born, or something rarer like Bliss, but it was still awesome. I'm sure that they will not disappoint at Coachella.

Atop Zardoz, wagging my pickle everywhere

So I promised 'd keep an open mind about MUSE.

So then, note:

• I dont much like the new record
    • Im sure I heard some of the early ones but have forgotten about it.

So I ask thee, the MUSE fans, how would someone late to the party best enjoy their set?

A. Pretty much totally fresh

or

B. Well versed in the MUSE catalog (if so list best records)

Thank you for your cooperation.
    "All of you coachella 'regulars' have nasty boy pussies and itchy dick4's on your asses.
    Why don't you all make like a tree and get chopped down and die. You all have been dreadfully mean to me.
    I Hate you. All of you. None of you will ever get to see a womans chest meat or finger blast hott cougies like me.
    Fuck you all. Consider this my resignation.
    Fair the well, you elitest scumbags."

Faxman75, who has clearly had enough

not sure you can go wrong either way. guy's just talented. but it's always better if you know and enjoy the material.

try, origin of symmetry, and, absolution
    Last edited by thom cobain; 01-20-2010 at 11:02 PM.
    2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014, 2014

You will best enjoy the set by knowing the songs so you can sing and jump around like crazy, but the show is epic either way

I think their stage set-up and light show will draw you in as the show goes along. I wasn't a big fan when I saw them in 07, but the light show and how the music worked perfectly over it won me over. I'm not a fan of their new album either but I'm still interested to see how they'll be. Oh and I agree with the two above. Start with Origin Of Symmetry then Absolution

We should start a petition stating they have to play Citizen Erased. I just can't fathom going to a Muse show and not hearing it.

Quote Originally Posted by carrnut21 View Post
    in response to those talking about all the new songs being played, yes older songs are more exciting and better in my opinion, but I saw them play a radio festival in Seattle in December, and the setlist was:

MK Ultra
    Hysteria
    Resistance
    Supermassive Black Hole
    Unnatural Selection
    United States of Eurasia
    Uprising
    Starlight
    Time is Running Out
    Plug in Baby
    Knights of Cydonia

As you can see 5 out of 11 songs were from the Resistance, but honestly it didn't matter that much, they played with so much energy and excitement there was never a dull moment, and the new stuff works better live then on the album, and being a festival they most likely won't be using the towers from the resistance tour, which IMO takes something away from the show, it is much nicer watching them perform on a normal stage.

Yes I would have loved to hear Stockholm Syndrome or New Born, or something rarer like Bliss, but it was still awesome. I'm sure that they will not disappoint at Coachella.
    I was at that show, as well as the radio show in Oakland days before. Same songs minus MK Ultra plus New Born. I imagine they will play a longer set, hopefully over 90 minutes at Coachella. It will probably have everything in the Seattle show, plus Stockholm Syndrome, New Born, Drum and Bass solo that they've been doing. Let's not forget that this show is going to be their last show in the USA for the year, and they will probably do something quite special. Just speculation of course, but maybe they will treat us to something we haven't heard before. They'll definitely be playing plenty of rage riffs and most likely headup riff after newborn.

we can do this ... the great Resistance singalong in Lisbon, Portugal

and yeah .. open with Apocalypse Please and play Space Dementia Citizen Erased and Bliss back to back to back
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

Uprising, Resistance, United States of Eurasia, Unnatural Selection, MK Ultra, and Exogenesis Pt 1: Overture are all really damn good live. Undisclosed Desires and Guiding Light I could do without...

i hope they play their awesome cover of Blondie's "Call Me"...oh wait, that would be "Uprising". ok ok, I do look forward to finally seeing their live show, but I too am not a fan of the latest album

Muse rocks!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HandBanana View Post
    So I promised 'd keep an open mind about MUSE.

So then, note:

I dont much like the new record
    Im sure I heard some of the early ones but have forgotten about it.

So I ask thee, the MUSE fans, how would someone late to the party best enjoy their set?

A. Pretty much totally fresh

or

B. Well versed in the MUSE catalog (if so list best records)

Thank you for your cooperation.
    i don't think you'll dislike their show either way. i would, recommend though, especially since you have ~3 months, to at least be familiar with some of their stuff. here's what you should check out from best to worst:

absolution -> origin of symmetry -> black holes -> resistance.

you could even switch black holes and origin depending on what you like more. origin is much more rock, black holes starts getting closer to the theatrical side a lot of people have been complaining about.

Saw them last week (26th Jan) headling the big day out festival in Melbourne, Australia.... UN-FUCKING-BELIEVABLE!
    Easily the best festival set I've seen..... Seriously! I've seen them live before, back in 2004 and they were great then... But they have taken a giant step up to supergroup status......
    All the haters should make the effort to see them at Coachella, I can almost guarantee you will not be disspointed. The're sound is flawless, the musicianship is incredible and the light show and visuals that goes with it is simply amazing.... I know people that don't really like muse and even they were blown away....
    All we could say during their set was "These cunts are sick"! Haha
    Be open to anything guys... A Positive attitude might even bring you a pleasant surprise.
    Peace!

P.S - Knights of Cydonia was a sick way to end the set!!

Quote Originally Posted by shaftinc View Post
    "These cunts are sick"!
    haha. that's what i'm going to be saying, i swear. good line.
    2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2012, 2013, 2013, 2014, 2014

Muse are THE reason I'm going to Coachella. They're amazing live. If you don't know them, I would listen to the album "Absolution" first and then "Black Holes and Revelations" to get familiar with them. From "Origins of Symmetry" listen to "New Born", and "Feeling Good" (those are definitely not the only good songs, just the songs most likely to be played from that old of an album. And obviously know the singles from the new album.

Stockholm Syndrome please

my new favorite muse song...

this is why muse will be the best show of the weekend. I doubt there will be many muse haters once april 17h at approximately 10:00 pm.
    Last edited by WhatLies; 02-04-2010 at 12:55 AM.

Lurker

Their set at Coachella '04 blew my mind.

I liked Black Holes less than Absolution. I like Resistance less than Black Holes. But I still like Resistance. Absolution>Black Holes>Resistance...

I was at the Saturday Night Live taping a month or so ago and had high hopes. Instead it seemed boring.

So my hopes are pretty low for their set. A pretty good situation actually. It will be easy for them to blow my mind again.

To be honest, I wasn't excited to see Muse as Saturday headline, but I am going to go with an open mind, and I will probably love em. It suprised me even further to see they will be headlining Glasto with Stevie Wonder and U2. Good for them, they paid their dues as a smaller act for a long time. I think their new album sounds like they rushed to make it and only put their best into a couple songs. I hope they play the old stuff.

I really want to hear Map of the Problematique live, i dont care for their new CD at all

Cool Re: MUSE

Quote Originally Posted by Mcoppel View Post
    PROBABLE SET LIST (THIS WAS THE SET LIST FOR ALL THE 2009 CONCERTS)
    01. Uprising
    02. Resistance
    03. New Born
    04. Map of the Problematique
    05. Supermassive Black Hole
    06. Guiding Light
    07. Interlude
    08. Hysteria
    09. United States Of Eurasia
    10. Feeling Good (Leslie Bricusse & Anthony Newley cover)
    11. Undisclosed Desires
    12. Starlight
    13. Plug In Baby
    14. Time Is Running Out
    15. Unnatural Selection

Muse Encore

16. Exogenesis: Symphony, Part 1: Overture
    17. Stockholm Syndrome
    18. Knights of Cydonia

A LOT OF SONGS FROM THE RESISTANCE ALBUM (I DIDNT REALLY LIKE THIS ALBUM, PAST ALBUMS ARE WAY BETTER)

PLEASE ADD: MASSIVE ATTACK / AIR / HERCULES AND LOVE AFFAIR
    I read this and I got chils, I LOVE MUSE!
    life is supposed to be fun

Yaay for Muse!

OK, I've never really listened to Muse before, but am checking them out now. Anyone else a distinct Midge Ure-era Ultravox vibe from their music? Not actually a bad thing, IMO.

Muse is one of those bands that sound jaw-dropping live. There is a complete flow of energy that courses through the way they place as a band, the way they put all their energy into their instruments, and the way they give and take energy from the crowd. It's the kind of show that makes you gasp and think you took a drug. I cannot wait to see them.

Banned

They have to play Assassin!!

Terrible band
    everyone in this thread has shit taste
    hopefully someone good is on at the same time as them

"The Most Uneducated City in America" of 2008

isn't muse the new metallica in the fight against music file sharing?
    your ≠ you're

[boarderwoozel3] dying or tim & eric
    [boarderwoozel3] I'll take dying

Quote Originally Posted by wewantmuse View Post
    i don't think you'll dislike their show either way. i would, recommend though, especially since you have ~3 months, to at least be familiar with some of their stuff. here's what you should check out from best to worst:

absolution -> origin of symmetry -> black holes -> resistance.

you could even switch black holes and origin depending on what you like more. origin is much more rock, black holes starts getting closer to the theatrical side a lot of people have been complaining about.
    Funny you don't mention Showbiz which is their best album. (muscle museum, sunburn, uno, escape, and overdue, etc)

I'd go showbiz > Origin > Absolution > Black Holes > Resistence