Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Official "Jay-Z Wasn't Supposed To Headline" Theory Debunking Thread

Default Re: Official "Jay-Z Wasn't Supposed To Headline" Theory Debunking Thread

What if.....What if the original headliner was not Bowie, u2, The Who, AC/DC, the Beastie boys or any other artist you would normaly think of? What if.....what if it were a Hip-Hop artist all along, that GV was courting to headline. What if GV asked Dr. Dre to headline and also bring along all of his gangsta rappers to close out the main stage on Fri? What if GV was originaly intending to have a hip-hop artist headline? I don't think that's too far fetched. Dr. Dre probably turned GV down because he doesn't want to perform for a bunch of White people or rather....."CRACKERS"....."HONKIES"....."WHI-GGERS"...Think about that. Proove me wrong. ANything is possible when it comes to Coachella.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

Default Re: Official "Jay-Z Wasn't Supposed To Headline" Theory Debunking Thread

I can prove you're an idiot...

Quote Originally Posted by SEEDYMIG420 View Post
    What if.....What if the original headliner was not Bowie, u2, The Who, AC/DC, the Beastie boys or any other artist you would normaly think of? What if.....what if it were a Hip-Hop artist all along, that GV was courting to headline. What if GV asked Dr. Dre to headline and also bring along all of his gangsta rappers to close out the main stage on Fri? What if GV was originaly intending to have a hip-hop artist headline? I don't think that's too far fetched. Dr. Dre probably turned GV down because he doesn't want to perform for a bunch of White people or rather....."CRACKERS"....."HONKIES"....."WHI-GGERS"...Think about that. Proove me wrong. ANything is possible when it comes to Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

Jay Z is a simple marketing ploy, just like Madonna and Kanye were, except this time the masses will be forced to buy a three day pass regardless if they show for the following days.

Thom Yorke on Sunday will leave radiohead fans scrambling to find a Sunday ticket the day of but with the way things are these days GV will be lucky if one day is even close to selling out.

Saturday intentionally blows for the sake of day one and three but I still want to hear Beach House live.

now fuck off

We were going to play at Coachella, the New Orleans Jazz festival, we had all kinds of things planned, so I persuaded Roger we should do the Super Bowl to kick those events off. And then decided that I couldn't do that work later this year because I felt I had to continue to write. So this must have been on the cards for quite a long time, but I think we made a final decision to go ahead in October or something like that.

If this happens, maybe they still get Jay-Z but he doesn't headline.
    see you in '12

Quote Originally Posted by steve7268 View Post
    now fuck off

We were going to play at Coachella, the New Orleans Jazz festival, we had all kinds of things planned, so I persuaded Roger we should do the Super Bowl to kick those events off. And then decided that I couldn't do that work later this year because I felt I had to continue to write. So this must have been on the cards for quite a long time, but I think we made a final decision to go ahead in October or something like that.

If this happens, maybe they still get Jay-Z but he doesn't headline.
    ...Or maybe they would have been the Saturday or Sunday headliner. It doesn't prove dick.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    ...Or maybe they would have been the Saturday or Sunday headliner. It doesn't prove dick.
    So you think Gorillaz was a last minute grab?
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

Quote Originally Posted by Dale Gribble View Post
    So you think Gorillaz was a last minute grab?
    No. But I don't think it is crazy to think that they could have been a subheadliner.
    For your health

Perhaps. I think it's more crazy/sad that the three headliners could/would have been Jay-Z, Muse, and The Who.

Gorillaz have been signed on since December, so have Muse. I was told by someone extremely reliable, but I can't say who or else I might be in trouble.

From what I have heard too... The Who had signed on early as well. Then dropped out. Then they made a HUGE push for Bowie, and he almost said yes, but eventually decided not to. So they got Jay-Z.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

I will accept The Who stating they were going to play Coachella as the best response to this thread yet.

I think that, if The Who were going to play, it makes the most sense that they would have headlined. Also, considering that Muse and Gorillaz have supposedly been known for some time, it would then make sense that they were meant to be the 3rd headliner and Jay-Z was selected after them.
    I suppose, again assuming that The Who really were supposed to play and headline, the next most likely scenario would possibly be Muse originally slated to open for The Who?
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    yeah that still isn't enough proof
    That's why I said "interesting" instead of claiming to have discovered the truth. Obviously any of the three could have been the "replacement" but given recent history and a little common sense, Mr. Carter is certainly the favorite. But it's moot at this point.

Regardless, I'm not convinced that it was a straight-up switch, one for the other. The Who would obviously cost a ton more than any of the other headliners and redistributing the money saved may be why the lineup is so ridiculously good in the middle. And if that's the case:

mega headliner <<<<< entertaining headliner & stacked undercard

But it's all

I feel that this thread has been a success.
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Gorillaz have been signed on since December, so have Muse. I was told by someone extremely reliable, but I can't say who or else I might be in trouble.

From what I have heard too... The Who had signed on early as well. Then dropped out. Then they made a HUGE push for Bowie, and he almost said yes, but eventually decided not to. So they got Jay-Z.
    Where do you go for all of this inside conjecture, Josh? Don't worry, you won't get in any trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Where do you go for all of this inside conjecture, Josh? Don't worry, you won't get in any trouble.
    He won't really get "in trouble," but the person who told him will get pretty pissed and most likely not provide any more information.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

With this recent information coming to light, yeah, I concur.

But it could have done without the cliche Bowie rumor, Mr. Patton

People take comfort in the idea that Goldenvoice tries for Bowie every year. Just like they will next year.

Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    I feel that this thread has been a success.
    Not really. If by success you mean you got a bunch of people riled up over this then yes; you were successful. haha

Quote Originally Posted by ProEdge View Post
    Not really. If by success you mean you got a bunch of people riled up over this then yes; you were successful. haha
    Well, I mean, I feel like I posited a question, it spurned some discussion and thought, and ultimately, a plausible conclusion was reached.

Well, I mean, I feel like I posited a question, it spurned some discussion and thought, and ultimately, a plausible conclusion was reached.
    It always kind of seemed from the onset of this thread, though, that you thought it was completely unthinkable that Jay-Z wasn't supposed to headline. That people were morons for thinking so. At least that's what I gathered from your posts. So were you proven wrong or did this just clear up the question for you (i.e. it provided a plausible scenario for which Jay-Z was not intended to be the headliner)?
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    That's why I said "interesting" instead of claiming to have discovered the truth. Obviously any of the three could have been the "replacement" but given recent history and a little common sense, Mr. Carter is certainly the favorite. But it's moot at this point.

Regardless, I'm not convinced that it was a straight-up switch, one for the other. The Who would obviously cost a ton more than any of the other headliners and redistributing the money saved may be why the lineup is so ridiculously good in the middle. And if that's the case:

mega headliner <<<<< entertaining headliner & stacked undercard

But it's all
    No boarder, I was being sarcastic because MJA hadn't spoken up yet. The fact that The Who straight up came out and said they were going to play just clinched the entire prove it or fuck off theory. Kudos.
    Last edited by TeamCoachellaHellYeah; 02-03-2010 at 05:53 PM. Reason: PROVE not Proof. Retard.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Maybe you reached a conclusion, but this is shit that we knew about as soon as the lineup was released. In fact, I'll take it a step further as say that they are still going to add a possible headliner.

Quote Originally Posted by SEEDYMIG420 View Post
    If Dre was asked preform, he would not turn it down because he does not wanna preform in front of white people. If he did turn down the headlining spot, it would probably be because of Detox drama.
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

God you people are so dumb.

What Malc was complaining about with this thread was the completely baseless assumption that Jay-Z wasn't an original headliner. Has nothing to do with his personal feelings about it--just that it's fucking annoying on this board to watch people spout complete conjecture as if it's somehow perfectly logical just because they don't like so-and-so.

Now there's some actual evidence. Thread mostly resolved. Douchebags.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Coachella Junkie heart cooks brain's Avatar

burn
    If moles had subways, molestation wouldn't be one of the creepiest words there is ....
    Eat don't chat ...When I figure out what windlowless is, I'll respond .
    i hear voices in my head and they keep caaaaallin' me

That L on his fedora almost chisels his chubby cheeks out.

God you people are so dumb.

What Malc was complaining about with this thread was the completely baseless assumption that Jay-Z wasn't an original headliner. Has nothing to do with his personal feelings about it--just that it's fucking annoying on this board to watch people spout complete conjecture as if it's somehow perfectly logical just because they don't like so-and-so.

Now there's some actual evidence. Thread mostly resolved. Douchebags.
    But people were right, even before the proof came in. Which means that the claims were not baseless.
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

Quote Originally Posted by Leeartlee View Post
    But people were right, even before the proof came in. Which means that the claims were not baseless.
    I don't think you understand what "baseless" means. If you guess something with no evidence it's baseless regardless of whether or not it turns out to be true.
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I couldn't help it. Sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    I couldn't help it. Sorry.
    Looks good!