Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fitchella

Default Re: Fitchella

Quote Originally Posted by Jayleigh View Post
    I've always been tall and lanky, but never able to build any muscle it seems, I'd love to tone up but simply don't have the time to go to the gym and do light weight training with my schedule nowdays. The only time my muscles took on a nice shape was when I was hitting the bicep machine and the bike everyday...

Anyone have any tips on toning up if you don't really have much body mass to shape? (bmi's 17.5) Would a protein diet help or just make you gain weight?
    there is actually some really useful information in this thread.

as for toning up a bony body, try sticking to the weight machines at your gym. Alternate the muscle groups that you work out, i.e. chest and shoulders one day and back and arms the next. Try to do 3 sets for each exercise you do.

Afterwards, be sure to eat immediately after your workout. Your muscle tissue begins rebuilding itself right away so getting protein to it asap is important. If you haven't already, go to your local GNC or similar store and get a protein powder that you like. It will become your best friend.

Quote Originally Posted by El.C.Dub View Post
    there is actually some really useful information in this thread.

as for toning up a bony body, try sticking to the weight machines at your gym. Alternate the muscle groups that you work out, i.e. chest and shoulders one day and back and arms the next. Try to do 3 sets for each exercise you do.

Afterwards, be sure to eat immediately after your workout. Your muscle tissue begins rebuilding itself right away so getting protein to it asap is important. If you haven't already, go to your local GNC or similar store and get a protein powder that you like. It will become your best friend.
    Thanks! I'm going to try and find some household alternatives to the gym machines since they ripped me off so badly last year.

Voodoo 04, 06, 07, 08, 09 : Bonnaroo 07 : Coachella 10

I've been hitting the gym for the last month so my body can handle the 3 day marathon again this year without getting horrendously worn down and sick. Also, I kind of don't want to be the palest, skinniest white dude on the polo field. Not that I'm worried about that with Pavement playing, but, still...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayleigh View Post
    I've always been tall and lanky, but never able to build any muscle it seems, I'd love to tone up but simply don't have the time to go to the gym and do light weight training with my schedule nowdays. The only time my muscles took on a nice shape was when I was hitting the bicep machine and the bike everyday...

Anyone have any tips on toning up if you don't really have much body mass to shape? (bmi's 17.5) Would a protein diet help or just make you gain weight?

Low-weight, high-rep resistance training.

I am doing the insanity workout simply to tone up. I don;t have much weight to lose either. But if you do something like Insanity or p90x, you have to dedicate yourself, because those two are extremely hard.
    7/21 - !!! @ Club Congress (Tucson, AZ)
    8/23 - Galactic @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    8/25 - Future Islands @ 191 Toole (Tucson, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

Butterfield Diet, anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    jewface is definitely the gayest one here, right?

11 lbs lost so far. Only 1 gig this week (I know - shocking stuff), so should get plenty of time on the treadmill.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

I fear this thread is a microcosm of the average fitness regimen that Americans take on. Balls-out for the first few weeks, and leveling off or going away entirely after that. I just got this stuff called Jack3d off the internet after a recommendation from a friend... That shit is like crack!! Now I'm twitchy and can't sit still. I think it's working.

Who else is still on the train!!??!!

27 lbs lost =]

but... i dont feel fit for coachella like last year
    2009, 2010, 2011, 2012w1, 2013w1, 2014w2

13.5 lbs so far. Still losing weight, but at a much slower rate.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

what's the best exercise for back-fat?

Did the "Legs and Back" routine from P90x this morning, thus completing my first week. Tried standing after sitting down for a while and I almost launched myself out of my chair. Working out everyday til Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by Davids81 View Post
    I fear this thread is a microcosm of the average fitness regimen that Americans take on. Balls-out for the first few weeks, and leveling off or going away entirely after that.
    Yea I agree, although I'm going to keep working out after Coachella for summa time.

Quote Originally Posted by dantoro View Post
    what's the best exercise for back-fat?
    Damn that's nasty. I don't even know how you get that, let alone get rid of it.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

/\ I've been doing P90x for a couple weeks now...hard work, but it's incredible. I almost can't wait to workout each day, knowing that it's working so well is highly encouraging.
    '99-'11...

3 weeks to go....time to step it up!
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

26lbs lost so far.
    Upcoming shows:

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    /\ I've been doing P90x for a couple weeks now...hard work, but it's incredible. I almost can't wait to workout each day, knowing that it's working so well is highly encouraging.
    Yea, I've been a lazy ass. Punishing myself now and looking forward to it. Also eating really well now and I only drink water, tea, protein drinks and the not so occasional 100% fruit juice.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    26lbs lost so far.
    wow congrats. whats your goal?
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

-15lb
    4% lower body fat

i should be in to my 6-2 215 goal by Coachella...

A tip Ill share with all of you is to go workout with a friend thats in better shape (preferably at their gym... Yes, the $10 Guest Fee is worth it). Not only will the competition push you to work out harder, but its a great way to learn new exercises and move away from the same routine that you've been doing for a while. Although i am close to my goals now, the spark that working out with a friend last week broke the monotony that had me going through the motions without even really realizing it. Hope it helps
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Great job everyone! unlike most of you i've actually been trying to GAIN weight. last month and a half i've put on about 5-6 lbs of muscle. just hit the gym three times a week or so with very high intensity. about 2 hrs each time. then i also run or play basketball whenever i can for cardio. did sprints instead of jogging for a while and that also helped me lean out.... keep up the good work everyone. three weeks to go. plenty of time to +/- a few lbs

great thread... i have lost 15 lbs since the lineup has been released
    trying to lose 10 more in 3 weeks... wish me luck
    Black Rebel Motorcycl Club - 03/16
    Coachella - 04/16-04/18
    Neon Indian - 06/03
    LCD Soundsystem - 06/04
    The XX W/Phantogram - 06/05
    Wild Beasts - 08/13
    Sunset Junction:
    Ghostland Observatory - 08/21
    Edward Sharpe and The Magnetic Zeros - 08/21
    Culture Collide:
    Klaxons + The Boxer Rebellion - 10/8
    Jenny & Johnny + Tokyo Police Club -10/10
    LCD Soundsystem W Hot Chip & Sleigh Bells - 10/15
    Friendly Fires + Foster The People - 02/09/11
    Lykke Li@SkyBarMondrian Sessions - 3/10/11

fat annihilation currently underway

objective two: tanchella, to commence this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by zajaa View Post
    fat annihilation currently underway

objective two: tanchella, to commence this weekend
    G.T.L. baby!
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

whoa now, let's not get ahead of ourselves here. laundry time will come.

Quote Originally Posted by ELECtROjan View Post
    wow congrats. whats your goal?
    My goal is to lose around 35 pounds total. I've been living it up over the last 3 years and put on 30-40 pounds. I'm 6'2" and now weigh 189 pounds.

It's such a good feeling to be able to fit into old clothes and move around without my cheeks and belly/love handles wobbling. My self confidence is going through the roof. (The last sentence may be due to the beer/crack)
    Upcoming shows:

I suppose during the weekend one could unhealthily loose ...10 lbs?

all you endorphin junkies I salute you!!

i just started working out with my wife's trainer last week. i am not doing this for coachella per se, but overall health. my lung disease has taken it's toll the last 15+ years and it's time to put a little more effort into my overall health, if not for me then for my 2 kids. my lungs function at about 45% of what is normal to someone else my age, 32. so i am basically working with less than one lung in terms of function. i have also been dealing with acute kidney failure the last 4 months or so due to the medications i must take when sick. the hardest part for me is finding time to actually work out, being a stay at home dad pretty much takes up all of my mornings, afternoons, and nights. i have been a part of gyms in the past, but the risk of infection at them has been something i have not wanted to risk for quite awhile. the gym i am going to now is a small little place and the trainer goes the extra mile to keep everything disinfected for me, wiping everything down before i use it. i am starting out slow because if i go to hard to fast i get fatigued and end up in the hospital. it's a crazy balancing act that i hope we have finally perfected, because the few sessions i have had already have been amazing. it's mostly going to be a cardio and stretching since my weight is right where it needs to be, it's the lungs that need to be worked out. he's setting up a yoga area there, too, so that is next up in the routine.
    Last edited by JustSteve; 03-26-2010 at 09:55 PM.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

I started working out recently as well. Not necessarily for Coachella, but just overall fitness. I'm not trying to lose any weight considering I am 5'8 and weigh around 130 pounds, but just build endurance and be healthy. I do cardio (interval bike training) 4 - 5 times a week and a small amount of weight and resistance training. It seems to be going well, I dunno. I enjoy it though, which is odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

shit only 19 days and i haven't even done anything to prepare.

My school is starting up a volleyball team, so I am killing two birds with one stone and getting ready for Fitchella. Spring break is coming up...

I was doing great...Lost 10 pounds..Then i went on Vaction..I even ate Carls Jr...