Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Fitchella

Default Re: Fitchella

I just started a regular routine of bikram yoga. Shit is gnar. Should get me in shape and ready to take on the desert heat.

Finished the seventh day of the insanity workout (not including the on rest day) and I have already dropped 4 lbs. Being at 175 with little body fat, I really don't need to lose weight, just tone up, but this shit is intense and works.
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    Nobody has ever given a single fuck about anything you've ever had to say.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Erik or Dani: Can we change Spooks' member title to "Stupid Pigfucker"? thanks.

Voodoo 04, 06, 07, 08, 09 : Bonnaroo 07 : Coachella 10

How is everyone's fitchella experience going so far? I've dropped 30 lbs so far. Halfway to my goal by April 15th.

JayLeigh, that looks like some SERIOUS stuff. haha. I took Lipo 6x for awhile at 2pills a day. Couldn't take it too long, started to make my teeth sensitive. very odd.

Anyways, new iPhone App for all my peeps that have one. I've been using iFitness for quite awhile. It has videos, pictures, and text showing you good work out routines. Very very nice app to log on and track your reps, sets, and different muscle groups.

BTW, I am in no way affiliated with any of the apps I mention. Adios and good luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayleigh View Post
    *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by Jayleigh View Post
    hey, it's better than meth
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    The Wizard didnt resist the police, the police resisted The Wizard

I joined L.A. Fitness last week. Something I had been meaning to do for an eternity (because I wanna start swimming regularly, so that's why I picked this chain). I wasn't go do any personal training, because $$$ is tight, but dude kicked my butt so good in the consultation that I got hustled into a couple of sessions per week.

I'm a novice weight lifter, and have been fairly inactive for over a year, so I'm paying this guy for the lessons and motivation. Once I got a better feel for things and a routine I'll get rid of him. But for now it's nice.

I'm not necessarily doing this for Coachella. It's for the summer, hopefully for permanence. I'm rail-thin... always have been... one of those people that can eat all the greasy burgers I want and not gain a pound.

But I can definitely tone up and get stronger (actually I can't get any weaker lol). So hopefully I'll see some results by Coachella. But mainly by the summer and beyond I'm just trying to live an overall healthier lifestyle. I'm not trying to become a meat-head, but definitely tone what I have and get a little bigger.

Regardless of results or lack thereof, you guys in the campsite will be exposed to my shirtless-ness. My pale Minnesota skin will be tanning every morning in the Cali sun before it's time to go in to the fest. I don't fake n' bake like Pauly D and the Situation, so this will be my 1st tanning chance of the year
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2014 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by lizng View Post
    hey, it's better than meth
    Ha.. yep!

Kidding, but it's a wonder drug for those of us who just can't focus! Keeps you awake, skinny and irritable as a son-of-bitch

Dropped ten pounds in the first 2 weeks... lol

Quote Originally Posted by theecat View Post
    JayLeigh, that looks like some SERIOUS stuff. haha. I took Lipo 6x for awhile at 2pills a day. Couldn't take it too long, started to make my teeth sensitive. very odd.
    Oh adderall is NOT a weight loss pill.... haha I mean, I guess if you just REALLY wanna lose weight, but its like any stimulant, metabolism goes up and you just don't eat, lol

Luckily if you're ADD or just an overloaded, stressed-out college kid you get the benefits...

Ah, my goddamned generation.. we're all wimps.

The reason I even posted that was this:

Quote Originally Posted by zajaa View Post
    lol. sad but true. the object isn't really to be healthy folks, but thin. just thin.
    Last edited by Jayleigh; 02-25-2010 at 10:09 AM.

9 pounds lost so far of the 25 I want to get rid of before Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.

Do work! That's great.

Trying to be in peak "can get away without wearing a shirt in the campgrounds" form before April.

Quote Originally Posted by weeklymix View Post
    Do work! That's great.

Trying to be in peak "can get away without wearing a shirt in the campgrounds" form before April.
    Same here. Too damn hot in the Sahara for a shirt. I've got to get back into the swing of things. I've only been to the gym three times since running a half marathon two weeks ago. For those who are taking up a regimen of running, may I recommend the following invaluable products which are my first line of defense against chafing injuries.

No one needs to see your bloody nipples...

Loose may feel better, but skin tight helps prevent chafing and there are claims that compression shorts help boost athletic performance....

Much better that BodyGlide. Apply liberally to thighs, feet and nips.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    jewface is definitely the gayest one here, right?

if you guys need help counting calories try this website:

www.livestrong.com/thedailyplate

you can input food items from a huge database and also allot for any exercise you do.

Week two of insanity was completed over the weekend. On to week three out of nine. I should be where I need to be for Coachella.

I dont give a fuck how fit you are. Keep your fucking shirt on.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Lost 12 pounds so far. 14 more to reach Coachella (actually, Puerto Rico the week before) goal.

This is gonna sound nuts, but it's really working for me. My cravings are gone and I find I can totally restrict myself until the next day.

So one day I eat 600 calories, the next I eat whatever (try to keep it healthy, definitely don't overeat, etc). Done and done. It's called the UpDay DownDay diet and I love it! I'm losing about 2 pounds a week with no exercise. Yeah, I know the no exercise thing is not cool. but I'm working on getting my ass back to hot yoga.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Hooray everyone! Keep it up.

I'm off the gym right now. Though it's unlikely I get to where I'd like to be by Coach. Especially between school full-time and taking a job in the evenings, gym time might suffer :-/ I'll have to be extra conscious of what I'm eating and do more home Calisthenics. Certainly not optimal but better than nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahfontaine View Post
    Lost 12 pounds so far. 14 more to reach Coachella (actually, Puerto Rico the week before) goal.

This is gonna sound nuts, but it's really working for me. My cravings are gone and I find I can totally restrict myself until the next day.

So one day I eat 600 calories, the next I eat whatever (try to keep it healthy, definitely don't overeat, etc). Done and done. It's called the UpDay DownDay diet and I love it! I'm losing about 2 pounds a week with no exercise. Yeah, I know the no exercise thing is not cool. but I'm working on getting my ass back to hot yoga.
    12lbs is a lot - good job! would you mind stating your starting weight and the duration of your diet thus far?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    I dont give a fuck how fit you are. Keep your fucking shirt on.
    You are either too white, too fat, or too skinny. Just shut your mouth and leave this thread. This thread is for people who intend to NOT eat their way into a rascal later in life.

Quote Originally Posted by yeahfontaine View Post

Even if you were to jog/run for 15-30 minutes a day you'd probably lose even more weight. Be careful on eating only 600 calories a day. Your metabolism may not be what you want it to be and when you stop dieting you could gain the weight back rather wuickly, especially if you aren't exercising.

so i'm at about 9-10 lbs lost right now. seeing results is motivating me to keep working. 3-4 days a week of exercise helps, but the real credit goes to dramatically reducing my alcohol intake. no easy task for this german-irish beer aficionado.

Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    You are either too white, too fat, or too skinny. Just shut your mouth and leave this thread. This thread is for people who intend to NOT eat their way into a rascal later in life.
    Sorry GuyWhoTucksIn, I'm just not into sweaty man nipples, and wasted shirtless bros who "accidently" brush up against me. I've busted my ass to be in shape, but you are right in that Im pretty jealous cuz I'm too white : ( AND... what exactly do you mean by "rascal".
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

My fitchella is going pretty good, it's been a long gradual process but I have lost 30 pounds in about 10 months. (from 190 lbs to 160 lbs) I just want to lose 5-10 more lbs of fat, then start trying to put on more muscle. I don't mind that it took so long because I needed to change my habits gradually to make them stick.

I go to LA Fitness too, 3 or 4 times a week for lifting, for 30-45 mins. I have a trainer once a week.
    day 1 - chest/biceps, day 2 - back/triceps, day 3 - core/abs, day 4 - legs.

I also do cardio at the gym 3-5 times a week for an hour to 2 hours.

The hardest part for me is the diet. I'm a terribly picky eater and most everything I like is bad for me. I've been better though, drinking lots less soda and more milk and water. Protein shakes 2-3 times a day. I eat smaller portions and try to eat a little more often, and am trying to cut the carbs when I eat later in the day.

My biggest hurdle is that I hate vegetables. There's not a single one I can deal with. So right now I use a greens powder mix that I put in with a protein shake first thing in the morning, I think it has helped. Does anyone else here have this problem and how have you overcome it?

I just got a 35 day supply of Nutrisystem. Big 40lb box of packaged space food came to my door today. I'm lazy and will not cook other than an occasional scrambled eggs so it may suit me well. Trying to lean up as much as possible the next 6 weeks, we'll see how it works.

Lost 20 pounds and countin since the beginning of the year! Can't wait to actually be swimsuit ready for the summer startin at coachella!!!

Congrats to all of you dropping those pounds! Keep it up. I have my annual physical tomorrow where I'm hoping to see a drop in body fat %. We'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    jewface is definitely the gayest one here, right?

just got back from the gym! This thread truly motivates me good job everybody
    2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

I've always been tall and lanky, but never able to build any muscle it seems, I'd love to tone up but simply don't have the time to go to the gym and do light weight training with my schedule nowdays. The only time my muscles took on a nice shape was when I was hitting the bicep machine and the bike everyday...

Anyone have any tips on toning up if you don't really have much body mass to shape? (bmi's 17.5) Would a protein diet help or just make you gain weight?

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    Sorry GuyWhoTucksIn, I'm just not into sweaty man nipples, and wasted shirtless bros who "accidently" brush up against me. I've busted my ass to be in shape, but you are right in that Im pretty jealous cuz I'm too white : ( AND... what exactly do you mean by "rascal".
    A rascal is that cart you see super fat people riding in.

I will have my shirt on when I am in the festival, but I can't promise that I will extend the same courtesy in the camping area. Anyway, I agree with the sweaty man nipple comment, so I get your point.