Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella

Default Re: Fitchella

I hear the Insanity videos are really intense.
    Where's Underworld and Mew? Make it happen GV.

Holy shit OnAJourney, that was an epic post. I agree 100%. I already do the sauna sessions in preparation for the tents. those things truly are as bad as a sauna by 7am without a Tarp + Fan.

You pussies, start running.

*Off to the gym*

I've lost 11 pounds in 3.5 weeks so far. Hoping to lose another 15-20 pounds.
    Upcoming shows:

You are doing a lot better than me. 4.5 pounds in 4 weeks for me. I expect faster weight loss in Feb and March though, with the onset of Lent (aka 6 weeks without beer).

Note to flamers - I'm not religious. I just use Lent as an excuse for an annual detox before the festival season kicks in.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Im not doing so good. This week i have failed in doing any exercise.

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    I've lost 11 pounds in 3.5 weeks so far. Hoping to lose another 15-20 pounds.
    How the hell is this done

Running, Grapenuts, salads, water, no beer, no junk food, no white bread, plenty of sleep.

Repeat.

This is my posting so i feel shitty if i don't lose about 10 pounds and get into better shape. Last year i had one of my more difficult Coachellas and had felt really crummy at the end of Day 1. Here's to fine tuning the machine.

Quote Originally Posted by zajaa View Post
    How the hell is this done
    I've cut my calories to under 1500 a day. Also, no bread, no potatoes, no alcohol, lots of cigarettes. I'm waiting to loose a bit more then I'm going to start exercising.
    Upcoming shows:

From this week on out starts my strict diet, no more blunts and beer, and 6 days a week workout regime.
    I have:
    Coachella, a Century up in Chico, and a Triathlon in SF, three weekends in a row in that order.
    Lots of Biking, swimming, running and pilates coming up.

old school

My diet: Surf, Surf, Surf, Eat, Sleep, Surf.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

lots of cigarettes.
    lol. sad but true. the object isn't really to be healthy folks, but thin. just thin.

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    Electrojan (I think) recommended this guy's plan in Ronnie's thread about gaining weight. The guy also has a section about losing weight.
    http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog...-any-exercise/
    It's damn simple, and all I have to lose is possibly some weight if it actually works. I'll let you guys know how it's going in a month or so.
    I've changed my schedule at work so that I get home early enough to get a walk in even if I was too lazy to go to the gym in the morning.
    Tim's fitness plan (and life philosophy) is to figure out how to do things more efficiently. Instead of spending 2 hours at the gym lifting, he researches, talks to experts, and finds exercises that can do the same workout in a third of the time. For those interested his blog is great and the book has helped me a lot... Yes, ive had a big sip of the Koolaid and am loving every minute of it

Personally: I did some research on his recommendations and created a fitness and nutritional plan. Its not as crazy as his, and I have no desire to go full time into that kind of lifestyle, but its worked. I goto the gym three times a week for no more then an hour and a half each, try to substitute white carbs as much as possible, and drink water or tea instead of juices or regular soda. Granted I was never that overweight but still, if you want to cut 15-20lbs of fat and replace it with muscle in the quickest way... this is it
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

the best thing to do is really work on your cardio-endurance. balance out with some weights and just make sure to run. the worst coachella i had was 2008. Zero Gym time, got super out of shape. 2009 would have been the worst actually but I lost 15 pounds and kept up with it.

if you like to party hard and can manage waking up early. its the jam
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

LINK

In addition to my diet and lifting plan I also have become a big fan of N.O. Explode (Lemonade is my favorite). Yes, Ive read the reviews about how its just caffeine and chalk, yada yada yada, the fact of the matter is this shit gets me to the gym more and while there I work out harder. Its hard to explain unless you've have this type of creatine supplement before, and it is expensive ($1 / workout), but in my experience its been worth every penny
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    Any P90X users on here? I can buy a full set of the dvds off my neighbor for $40 so thinking about making that happen as it would be nice to work out at home a bit more. Would it be much use to someone fairly experienced? I've run a marathon, swum competively, started yoga last year and have lifted weights for 4 yrs but looking to, you know, take it up a level.

I should note that I already own one of the P90X videos - the ab ripper one with ab targeted exercises and it is a killer workout.

As you already know, staying the course is key. P90x is great as long as you keep up with the vids you will get results. You can probably get it for free from a torrent site, but $40 ain't bad either. If you find some of the exercises are easier, they always show you a beginner, intermediate, and advanced method of doing each excercise (in addition to the obvious "add more weight or more reps" tact).
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

btw...nice job OnAJourney!
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

LOL why thanks for the props. I have seriously been doing those workouts since 2008 and they seriously work. help keep me standing all three days.
    2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012

If "fit" meant being able to drink my weight in beer, stay up til sunrise, smoke like a chimney... but for some reason still feel ok the next morning, then I'm "fit" as hell.

I can pretty easily withstand the toll Coachella takes on the body, but this year I am actually going to try and get in better shape and actually be somewhat healthy before April.

I don't have a lot of weight to lose by any means, but I want to minimize my gut, do cardio, build up my arms/chest/back, and cut back on smoking/drinking. I just really don't want to go to Coachella feeling fat and out of shape. My plan is to just throw myself into exercising everyday until April. Not the best plan, but shit.. why not?

And I'm glad this thread was started. It's like a support group for lazy people, hah!

I've cut my calories to under 1500 a day. Also, no bread, no potatoes, no alcohol, lots of cigarettes. I'm waiting to loose a bit more then I'm going to start exercising.
    Westy's got the right start. Last year I lost about 30 pounds in 4 months. This is me not cutting my light beer, no smoking and just eating right. you can do the no carb thing if you'd like but here's my trick.

COUNT THOSE CALORIES.

Humans need 2000 calories to LIVE. Thats the heart pumping and the lungs a breathing. 1800 for our lovely females. The trick to really shed it is to eat about 1600-1800 for men, and 1400-1600 for ladies. You throw in a good 30 minutes run ( burn 300 calories 4 times a week) and you're on your way. Btw, the exercise is pretty crucial to increase your metabolism. Doing exercise 4 times a week makes your body need more calories to live. Now you need +300 more calories just to live. Keep the same diet. Now your really losing it by the beginning of 2nd month.

TY OnAJourney! Got some serious laughs at work.

and to give you that serious push in the gym, COMPLETELY AGREE with ElectroJam. That stuff gives me an INSANE boost of energy with using only half the dose. Extra 100-200 calories on my 30-38min.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

Haha glad I'm not the only one as well! I'm using the P90x vids as well.

My goal is to get ripped and increase my endurance tenfold.

Unfortunately I ate a donut 10 minutes ago. Motivation is a roller coaster. Must. Stay. On. Track!
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

godjesusmary counting calories seems like such a pain in the ass.

Quote Originally Posted by theecat View Post
    Humans need 2000 calories to LIVE.
    Cool stuff. I found a simple formula to figure out how many calories you need for basic everyday function.

Male
    66 + (6.3 x body weight in lbs.) + (12.9 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)

Female
    655 + (4.3 x weight in lbs.) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)

Me
    66 + (6.3 x 135) + (12.9 x 68) - (6.8 x 21) = 1650.9
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

Quote Originally Posted by zajaa View Post
    godjesusmary counting calories seems like such a pain in the ass.
    Not to toot my own horn, but if you have an iPhone you can download a free app called: lose it. Just heard sarah Silverman on howard stern, she's on the bandwagon.

And you know Jesus and her are BFFs
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

i do and will thanks

Quote Originally Posted by phonographer View Post
    Cool stuff. I found a simple formula to figure out how many calories you need for basic everyday function.

Male
    66 + (6.3 x body weight in lbs.) + (12.9 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)

Female
    655 + (4.3 x weight in lbs.) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)

Me
    66 + (6.3 x 135) + (12.9 x 68) - (6.8 x 21) = 1650.9
    Hmmm, interesting. Disspells my idea thy everyone needs 2000 cals, eh? How accurate is this? Links please.

I just googled "How many calories do humans need"

and found this.
    2007, 2008, 2009, 2010

youre all so lucky. i just got diagnosed with hypothyroidism about half a year ago, so ive been gaining weight. ive BEEN trying to lose weight ever since i got diagnosed and its close to impossible
    This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must fire my sig true. I must splooge straighter than my fellow boardies who are trying to splooge me. I must splooge them before they splooge me.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Stretch before the revolution.

I love you for that post onajourney.

for the past month I have gotten into running in small increments per week. one week I would walk for 3 minutes and then run for 5 and do that three times in a night four times a week. now I am walking for 1 minute, run for 11, 3 times a night four times a week. it's a slow way to ease into running. next week I will finally be on my goal of 20 minutes runs 4 times a week, and then eventually 30 minutes.

as for dieting, I have limited myself to three meals a day. no snacks unless it is fruit or vegetables. only 100% whole wheat bread. only water. no butter, no sugar, no fast food. I make all of my meals myself so I know what is in them.

it's pretty basic, but success has already been noticeable after only doing it for a month... and it does NOT feel like a month has passed already.

I am also VERY interested in trying this guy's diet:

Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    Electrojan (I think) recommended this guy's plan in Ronnie's thread about gaining weight. The guy also has a section about losing weight.
    http://www.fourhourworkweek.com/blog...-any-exercise/
    It's damn simple, and all I have to lose is possibly some weight if it actually works. I'll let you guys know how it's going in a month or so.
    I've changed my schedule at work so that I get home early enough to get a walk in even if I was too lazy to go to the gym in the morning.
    which is essentially NO CARBS, and a diet of beans, vegetables, egg whites, chicken, and grass-fed beef. it's kind of tough to get into but I want to give it a shot.