Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fitchella

Default Re: Fitchella

Quote Originally Posted by OnAJourney View Post
    [SIZE="3"]
    lol...i remember having not being able to hang for this whole set. think i see myself jumping about 20' back front/ctr for .5 seconds here. not this year!
    Class of 1999, 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 W2, 2013 W1 & 2014 W2

Quote Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
    How can some1 still 100 dollars from a broke single mom!!!!! WTF!! People r so getto!! I wouldint do that to some1 I hate

Quote Originally Posted by im_a_starfish View Post
    youre all so lucky. i just got diagnosed with hypothyroidism about half a year ago, so ive been gaining weight. ive BEEN trying to lose weight ever since i got diagnosed and its close to impossible
    2 things: there are some herbal medicines that WILL help you out. Go the conventional doctor route and take their medication but consider getting some vitamins and thyroid builder from the vitamin store. Seriously, I've heard of people fixing these issues just with vitamins.

2nd thing, some chicks dig a hefty guy. Play it to your advantage, hehe.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterbutter View Post
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by theecat View Post
    2nd thing, some chicks dig a hefty guy. Play it to your advantage, hehe.
    lots of dudes do too

hahahahaha
    well im a FEMALE, so thanks crimescenecookie
    theecat, i was doing that for a little bit
    i took iodine supplements for a month and a half
    my endocronologist said i really shouldnt so i stopped :/
    This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must fire my sig true. I must splooge straighter than my fellow boardies who are trying to splooge me. I must splooge them before they splooge me.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Stretch before the revolution.

I started my Coachella workout on January 2nd. I've lost 21 lbs so far. My question is this, my biggest issue with 2009 was my stamina. I was not able to stand/dance till midnight. My feet were killing me by 10 PM every night. What would you guys recommend I do to fix that problem in 2010?

Btw if you guys need tips on dieting here is my diet/exercise plan

Apple and black coffee in the morning - no sugar or creamer

2 hours later hard boiled egg

2 hours later tuna or chicken with a side of veggies

Dinner - same thing, chicken/tuna or veggies

Exercise for two hours every night, 1 hour of cardio, 1 hour of strength exercises

Drink nothing but water

Just make sure you are getting fit, and not just dieting (which obviously you are).
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

whoa that is too h/c for me. jesus.

Quote Originally Posted by myfretsarestolen View Post
    My feet were killing me by 10 PM every night. What would you guys recommend I do to fix that problem in 2010?
    Upcoming shows:

I have never gone to Coachella in shape, but that was 2001-03. I was between 190-225 in those years but have since slimmed down to the 170-175 range.

I will be starting the Insanity workout on Monday the 15th. That should give me exactly two months to get into the best shape I have been in since high school for Coachella.

I started my Coachella workout on January 2nd. I've lost 21 lbs so far. My question is this, my biggest issue with 2009 was my stamina. I was not able to stand/dance till midnight. My feet were killing me by 10 PM every night. What would you guys recommend I do to fix that problem in 2010?
    Honestly, just continue to drop weight if you need to.

I went from 225 down to 165 in one summer and I felt more light on my feet than ever before.

I train in muay thai, so I am already in good shape

However, I am cutting down on my snus (tobacco) usage. It is very dehydrating and I do not want to start the day with it while in Coachella. I am working out more now to cut it out of my morning routine (snus+coffee) but will bring a nice pouch for the end of each night.

i started my weight loss jan 4th, i've worked out all month I started out at 230 and ended the month at 219. I'm gonna keep it moving and use some of Tim's tips and see if February is a little more successful than my january results, I'd love to get to maybe 180-190 range!

SKINNY FOR COACHELLA 2010!

I am doing that Insanity workout, lost like 8 pounds already. I think I sweat out a piece of chicken.

So, there are no weights used on the Insanity workout? I'm a bit skeptical about cutting traditional weights out altogether but it does look pretty hardcore.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    jewface is definitely the gayest one here, right?

They have a vid with weights, but mainly it is all cardio, and interval training. you'll be dripping buckets of sweat after each workout. Good if your are trying to lose weights, not bulk up

Thanks, Alchemist559.

Yes, I watched the whole infomercial and I guess this isn't for me. Having swine flu already lost me nearly 10 lbs in less than two weeks so I think I'll focus on bulking up.
    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    jewface is definitely the gayest one here, right?

Btw if you guys need tips on dieting here is my diet/exercise plan

Apple and black coffee in the morning - no sugar or creamer

2 hours later hard boiled egg

2 hours later tuna or chicken with a side of veggies

Dinner - same thing, chicken/tuna or veggies

Exercise for two hours every night, 1 hour of cardio, 1 hour of strength exercises

Drink nothing but water
    great recipe for burning muscle. Expect rapid weight loss followed by a rapid rebound in 3 months - don't say nobody warned you.

Its all about moderation, people. You have 2.5 months... take your current diet but add veggies to every meal, and snack every 2 hours. Make sure you eat breakfast right after waking up.

Resistance training 3 times a week... shouldn't take more than 45 minutes. Cardio for 30 2-5 times a week. Rest for at least 1 day/week. You will slowly (2 lbs a week) melt off the fat and build or maintain your current muscle. Any faster and you'll burn fat and muscle, which drops your metabolism and short-circuits the whole process.
    Last edited by JebusLives; 02-07-2010 at 10:06 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Your stupid

also, get a weighted jumprope. Work your way up to 3min intervals, and try to get five of those in a day.

You won't be able to immediately, but it is a very good goal to work towards. You will lose weight while also getting fit for all the jumping at Coachella.

never heard of this insanity video. im looking it up.
    This is my sig. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My sig is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I master my life. My sig, without me, is useless. Without my sig, I am useless. I must fire my sig true. I must splooge straighter than my fellow boardies who are trying to splooge me. I must splooge them before they splooge me.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Stretch before the revolution.

Quote Originally Posted by JebusLives View Post
    great recipe for burning muscle. Expect rapid weight loss followed by a rapid rebound in 3 months - don't say nobody warned you.

Its all about moderation, people. You have 2.5 months... take your current diet but add veggies to every meal, and snack every 2 hours. Make sure you eat breakfast right after waking up.

Resistance training 3 times a week... shouldn't take more than 45 minutes. Cardio for 30 2-5 times a week. Rest for at least 1 day/week. You will slowly (2 lbs a week) melt off the fat and build or maintain your current muscle. Any faster and you'll burn fat and muscle, which drops your metabolism and short-circuits the whole process.
    i was hoping someone would say something like this. the crash approach seemed unhealthy to me, and kinda unbearable.

anyone want to give me feedback on my own current approach?

i am losing about 1-1.5 pounds a week right now. i go to a 1-hr cardio kickboxing class 4-5 times a week, or occasionally run 40-60 minutes instead. the class starts with a 20 minute calisthenic warmup (jacks, squats, crunches, pushups, and dozens of variations thereof). the next 40 mins are drills involving punch combos, kicks, knees, etc. these are either on a hanging punching bag, or with a partner using mits (for punches) or a padded shield (punches and kicks).

for diet, i generally eat more vegetarian than not, although i have chicken or fish a few times a week. i do not count carbs, but i will substitute whole wheat or whole grain for white breads/ pasta when possible. i avoid pastries and candies, but sometimes my sweet tooth wins and i will allow myself something small. i usually opt for water to drink, but sometimes i do diet soda. i have a sugar free energy drink or coffee daily. i smoke more than i should, usually at least 1 cigarette a day.

i have cut out alcohol entirely for the past 4 weeks now, as part of a 12 week abstinence, along with my gf. this is because i believe alcohol has been the #1 contributor to my weight. before the new year i used to drink 1-2 drinks minimum a night, though more often it was 5-7 beers/shots worth each night. i had been attending my exercise class but saw little change in weight (1-2 pounds over about 3 months of class).

this time i am really hoping the extended period without alcohol will allow my body to benefit maximally from the class, but so far i have lost only about 3-4 pounds in the last 3 weeks of consistent workout and no booze. i feel like i look thinner than 3-4 pounds of fat lost, but i think maybe i am adding muscle as i burn fat.

sorry for the novel. i am wondering if anyone has any insight on the dynamic between muscle gain and fat loss, how long the body builds muscle before it seriously starts shedding fat, etc. also, does anyone have an opinion on the exercise and diet regimen i am pursuing?

Quote Originally Posted by JewFace View Post
    Thanks, Alchemist559.

Yes, I watched the whole infomercial and I guess this isn't for me. Having swine flu already lost me nearly 10 lbs in less than two weeks so I think I'll focus on bulking up.
    I didn't finish the program first time around because my fiance had some serious health issues and we had to stop and focus on that for a while. I start back up next Monday.

Anyway, it will tone you up and you won't lose a TON of weight. You will be dripping sweat at the end, but just add another 15 minutes of weights somewhere during the day and you shouldn't lose anything. I actually looked bigger but lost 12 lbs in the nearly four weeks I was doing it and I was already in decent shape. I lost most of the weight during the first two weeks, but it didn't really make me look thinner.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 02-08-2010 at 09:25 AM.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

I'm fat, and fit. Go figure.
    LOL! <33
    Quote Originally Posted by Zafocaine View Post
    Great advertising strategy for her vagina though! As if having a vagina weren't all a vagina needed. Now introducing the Lustful Scorned Lover scent, by RSW.

At the age of 56, I work out all year- steep hill walking,weights, ellyptical machine and now the Wii. So I can say it really helps at Coachella. I go with my kids every year and I can keep up with or surpass every one of them-noon til midnight or so!! So-for all you people getting fit I wish you the best. For me exercise is easy since I have been doing it for about 40 years straight. The diet part is the most difficult and gets more difficult every year but luckily I started out very thin so now I am at a normal weight but it still takes lots of work. And I agree-watch those refined carbs!

Quote Originally Posted by JebusLives View Post

Seriously people, this is a good tip. I'm stoked that you lost that weight and way ta go. Now you got to stop that and eat just a little more. Have a negative 300 - 400 caloric balance (assuming 2000-2050).

Also, try drinking a very cold glass of water FIRST thing in the morning. (no ice to speed up the drink process) 12-16oz or so. This jumpstarts the metabolism.

Lastly, Protein is your friend. It'll keep you full for the longest period of time and usually has low calories (24g of protien shake =100 cal). Drink with water. But do keep in mind that the liver can only process so much protein in one serving. 60g's per 3-4 hours if I remember correctly.

w00t for all the peeps getting in shape, it's good to hear.
    Go in when doors open. Buy your shit. Go back to the car and lock it up. Get a beer at your car. Go back in. See some art. Watch first band.
    I really wish it was called Titter, I'd teet all day long if that were the case.

Quote Originally Posted by zajaa View Post
    i was hoping someone would say something like this. the crash approach seemed unhealthy to me, and kinda unbearable.

i am losing about 1-1.5 pounds a week right now. i go to a 1-hr cardio kickboxing class 4-5 times a week, or occasionally run 40-60 minutes instead. the class starts with a 20 minute calisthenic warmup (jacks, squats, crunches, pushups, and dozens of variations thereof). the next 40 mins are drills involving punch combos, kicks, knees, etc. these are either on a hanging punching bag, or with a partner using mits (for punches) or a padded shield (punches and kicks).

i am wondering if anyone has any insight on the dynamic between muscle gain and fat loss, how long the body builds muscle before it seriously starts shedding fat, etc. also, does anyone have an opinion on the exercise and diet regimen i am pursuing?
    I'd say that this is one hell of a workout. Trick is, how long have you been doing this? 3 months I assume? If so, stop and move onto some resistance training or strength training for 3-4 weeks. Get under a machine or free weights and put away 4-5 sets of 10-12 reps.

See your muscles have memory in them. It's a very interesting thing. Once they get used to a certain type of workout, they begin to adapt. Once they've adapted, the workout loses somewhere between 30-50% of its effectiveness. When you trick your muscles, you're going to have that awesome sore muscle feeling all over again.

As for your diet, we're all human. I'm pretty much the same way on my diet; however when I was starting the burn, I incorporated a 3-4 salads in. Eat them with some chicken at night for a 500 calorie meal.

Fresh and Easy is THE PLACE to go to for low calorie, high filling, and very healthy meals. i.e. (Chicken ceaser with dressing =360 calories. Spaghetti and pork meatballs = 600 calories.)

2 posts above... LOL LOL. 505-456.......99999... STROKMEISTER!

down about 5 lbs in 4 weeks. i like this pace.

I'd also highly recommend the Body for Life workout for anyone interested in losing fat and toning up. It's probably the healthiest program I've ever been on. No white flour, all whole grains, fruits, veggies, lean protein, and low fat with one "cheat" day. Eat 6x per day, match a carb with a protein. Portion control is key here too.

Workout 6x per week, alternating weight training with HIIT cardio. One day is a free day.

I lost a lot of fat (about 7%) and about 4 inches off my waist in 12 weeks. It's not for the faint of heart, it takes a lot of dedication.

I'm probably going to start the Insanity workout here like some of the others to add to my cardio, but I'm also going to keep up with my weight training 3x per week. Also, the food guide in the Insanity program seems a lot like Body for Life.

Slow and steady people...nothing too fast or you'll rebound like a madman.

Also, cut that alcohol out of your diet!!! 1 x per week is my goal. Then Coachella drink like crazy. By that time your tolerance will be lower = cheapchella.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove