Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: No Drum n Bass

Default No Drum n Bass

I was hoping for some High Contrast or Deiselboy or something. Just a little

G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Coachella Junkie chairmenmeow47's Avatar

Default Re: No Drum n Bass

craze & klever? you fuck?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    It's when we discuss Coachella that we are at our collective dipshittiest.

don't know em. I guess there is.

Whatever though, bigger names would be dope

You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

craze is a pretty fucking big name in drum & bass. i'd like more of it too, but at least we have craze! it's pretty slim pickins for dnb in general these days unfortunately

craze has played drum n bass tracks, but he is by no means he a dnb dj. he is more of a turntablist than dnb, and most of his stuff is miami bass type tracks

Hate to tell you Ivy, Craze hasn't been billed for a jungle party in over a year now. Craze & Klever are more Turntablism, Hip-Hop and Booty Bass. When Craze is booked now he is always on the Electro section of the line ups, last time i saw him do a jungle set Respect was still at the Larchmont, or The Bee whatever you want to call that place.

I am completely dissapointed in the lack of D'n'B on this line up, not even one fucking act, terrible.

Chase and Status would be dope or some Subfocus

Quote Originally Posted by drsaith View Post
    craze has played drum n bass tracks, but he is by no means he a dnb dj. he is more of a turntablist than dnb, and most of his stuff is miami bass type tracks
    You are partially correct, but obviously haven't been listening to Craze for very long. Check out his CD "Miami Heat", and if he wasn't a D'n'B DJ he would never have been on the D'n'B stage at Ultra and Almost Better than Sex, among other parties. He would have also never dropped a sick set for $5 at respect. Craze is in my top 3 DJs that spin jungle, every time i've seen him do a D'n'B set he absolutley destroys it in ways other can't.

Quote Originally Posted by buymarshon View Post
    Chase and Status would be dope or some Subfocus

How about some people that don't play cali a couple times a year, i wouldn't mind Chase & Status, but Subfocus has been out here a lot over the last year and i would rather have a better DJ.

I like Sub-focus. I feel he has a synthy enough sound to get the Coachella crowd going.

I dont think he has played Coachella, and if he has it was a shame I missed it.

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

Talvin Singh used to produced Indian fusion D&B tracks. I am not sure what he does now. Check out the old compilation from the 90s called Anokha: Sounds from the Asian Underground
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

sub focus is fav current all dnb act. world of hurt is a track.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    Hate to tell you Ivy, Craze hasn't been billed for a jungle party in over a year now. Craze & Klever are more Turntablism, Hip-Hop and Booty Bass. When Craze is booked now he is always on the Electro section of the line ups, last time i saw him do a jungle set Respect was still at the Larchmont, or The Bee whatever you want to call that place.

I am completely dissapointed in the lack of D'n'B on this line up, not even one fucking act, terrible.
    whatever subgenre bullshit you want to call him, he's drum and bass. at least when i saw him he was drum and bass. i missed his set at coachella last year, what did he play?

and blame the scene, not goldenvoice for the lack of drum and bass though. we've hardly heard anything about drum and bass since dumbstep became popular. i'd like more of it too, but it's just not what people are booking these days.

I am disappointed in the lack of Dixieland jazz in the lineup.

Coachella Junkie

They didnt play last year. They were booked but didn't show. Forgot the reason though.

Looking forward to them this year.

Resident DnB Encyclopedia Donaldj's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    whatever subgenre bullshit you want to call him, he's drum and bass. at least when i saw him he was drum and bass. i missed his set at coachella last year, what did he play?

and blame the scene, not goldenvoice for the lack of drum and bass though. we've hardly heard anything about drum and bass since dumbstep became popular. i'd like more of it too, but it's just not what people are booking these days.
    Ivy, I actually think dubstep was one of the best things to happen to D&B in ages. Alot of the mediocre band wagon jumping producers started leaving D&B in droves to start producing dubstep. This resulted in the remaining D&B scene getting small and really stepping up the production game. I really think the production quality is through the roof these days. It's just a shame so many places out here play cheese ball clownstep D&B, and I include Subfocus in there, sorry guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    If there was a Frank Lucas of DnB links, Donald would be him...

Donald is not only the Frank Lucas of the board, but also the resident Buddha.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    All in favor of an Underworld / High Contrast US co-tour say "AYE!"
    "Real Drum & Bass is not something that sounds like a 17 year old rock band who have just listened to Slipmatt on their first E & decided to make Drum & Bass" - Marcus Intalex

http://soundcloud.com/donaldj-1/jind...pect-8-16-2012

I could do without dumbstep. All these people are jumping on the dub bandwagon now and it blows

Craze and Klever do a lot of turntablism. They also spin dnb. Dunno what they will do at Coachella.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Donaldj View Post
    Ivy, I actually think dubstep was one of the best things to happen to D&B in ages. Alot of the mediocre band wagon jumping producers started leaving D&B in droves to start producing dubstep. This resulted in the remaining D&B scene getting small and really stepping up the production game. I really think the production quality is through the roof these days. It's just a shame so many places out here play cheese ball clownstep D&B, and I include Subfocus in there, sorry guys.
    that's a good point, i just wish it were booked more. everyone keeps asking me why they never see me out anywhere and i ask them "well, have you seen any drum and bass?" it's a sad state of affairs here. i am so jealous that you guys have respect. we used to have a long running dnb weekly here but not anymore

old school

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    I am disappointed in the lack of Dixieland jazz in the lineup.
    Don't be suprised if Grace Jones pulls some Dixieland Jazz out of her hat.

High Contrast, London Elecktricity, or any Hospital artists would be perfect! I would make the drive just to see any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post

Just to clarify, Booty Bass, Turntablism and Hip-Hop are nowhere near subgenres of D'n'B. I know craze used to spin jungle, i clearly stated that he's thrown down some of the best jungle sets ive seen. I was just saying that he only throws the occasional track in now, he mainly spins electro/dubstep fusions now. He hasn't been billed on a drum & bass line up in at least a year.

i know they're not sub-genres of dnb specifically, i'm just saying he's well known as a dnb dj and we have him on the lineup. if he isn't playing dnb these days that really sucks because i certainly ain't going to go check out a dumbstep set. i got more than enough of my fill at the dome last year.

Rusko might sneak some in.

That means I am gonna have to sit through a dub-step set with the hope that they will play a little DnB....

Oh well, I guess life is about trying new things. Ill try to be as open minded to this fad as possible. Not really off to a good start though

let's hope the dome brings us some DNB *crosses fingers*

Thats exactly my thoughts Ivy, someone in another thread said they see the dome as unlikely this year though. I think the lack of drum and bass makes it possible, bassrush had it once they can do it again.

Still heated that there is no DnB.

Bump

High Contrast would be the one... but yeah. I dont think people are ready for drum and bass. You either like it or you dont.

as for Craze... He pretty much stopped playing DNB a little while ago if you havent heard. He went through some drama in the UK for playing tunes he wasnt supposed to play. dubplate drama... lulz... old news though
    Quote Originally Posted by PC-2 Violence View Post
    Nobody rolls at Coachella. There are cops everywhere, handing out pupil checks left and right. Plus there is no one in Southern California that has access to those type of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    I jus wan ever'one to kno I visit raves AND undergrounds. Pretty much on the reg, but sometimes I'm like nah not tonite and they say I feel ya but why the hate? and i say well fools, are you bringin real music time? Cus I like it fresh and I wan' it fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by shoegazer76 View Post
    High Contrast, London Elecktricity, or any Hospital artists would be perfect! I would make the drive just to see any of them.
    This. I was really hoping to see some Hospital names on the poster this year, hopefully we get at least one in the coming months. I'm rooting for London Elektricity, shit would be insane.

High Contrast would indeed be the one to make DnB blow up, at least the Coachella crowd.