Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223 LastLast
Results 631 to 660 of 662

Thread: No single-day tickets?

  1. #631
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,128

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    So, can I buy a single day pass?
    fuck.

  2. #632
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,871

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    So, can I buy a single day pass?
    Yes you can, for the 41,234 time. www.ticketmaster.com
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  3. #633
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,128

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    Yes you can, for the 41,234 time. www.ticketmaster.com
    So, you're saying I can buy a pass for one-day?
    fuck.

  4. #634
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,871

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    So, you're saying I can buy a pass for one-day?

    Of course. Read the FAQ.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  5. #635
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,201

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by GuyInTucson View Post
    So, you're saying I can buy a pass for one-day?
    yes, a single day pass*















    *good for all 3 days

  6. #636
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,128

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    So there will be single-day passes available for purchase?























    If you guys haven't picked up by now, I am trying to irritate you. Read previous posts
    fuck.

  7. #637
    Member blackchango's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Mount Kilamanjaro
    Posts
    1,979

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Can I buy more than one single day pass at a time?

  8. #638
    Member caeden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wichita, ks
    Posts
    847

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by blackchango View Post
    Can I buy more than one single day pass at a time?
    there is a limit of ten... need to watch out for scalpers

  9. #639

    Exclamation Single day tickets

    Why, oh why, did they decide this year to not have single day tickets. Everyone is broke, everyone needs this pick me up. Please sign the petition so our feelings can be heard.

  10. #640

    Default Re: Single day tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by gaylenevergail View Post
    Why, oh why, did they decide this year to not have single day tickets. Everyone is broke, everyone needs this pick me up. Please sign the petition so our feelings can be heard.
    to keep away the minorities

  11. #641
    The Bionic Listener Theijuiel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Land of Microbreweries
    Posts
    1,153

    Default Re: Single day tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by corbo View Post
    to keep away the minorities
    And possible gang-bangers going in to see Jay-Z?
    "Give me women, wine and snuff
    Until I cry out 'hold, enough!"
    John Keats

  12. #642
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,128

    Default Re: Single day tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by gaylenevergail View Post
    Why, oh why, did they decide this year to not have single day tickets. Everyone is broke, everyone needs this pick me up. Please sign the petition so our feelings can be heard.
    No...
    fuck.

  13. #643
    whiney pain in butt
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,721

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    I'm still confused.. so we can buy a SINGLE day pass?

  14. #644
    Member beavington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ventura, CA
    Posts
    1,860

    Default Re: Single day tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by gaylenevergail View Post
    Why, oh why, did they decide this year to not have single day tickets. Everyone is broke, everyone needs this pick me up. Please sign the petition so our feelings can be heard.
    as been said before, if you are broke $90 should not go to a concert. The broke argument is bogus because if you can afford $90 then you can afford the rest.

    I think your feelings of inadequacy have been heard and noted and Goldenvoice has moved on.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

    Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

  15. #645
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,128

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    I'm still confused.. so we can buy a SINGLE day pass?
    I am more concered with the DOUBLE day pass..... I want to experience Friday twice....
    fuck.

  16. #646

    Talking Re: Single day tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    And possible gang-bangers going in to see Jay-Z?
    of course they need to keep them away.
    they want to ensure that the white man is comfortable.
    too many blacks and hispanics would make the white folks feel uneasy

  17. #647

    Default Re: Single day tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by corbo View Post
    of course they need to keep them away.
    they want to ensure that the white man is comfortable.
    too many blacks and hispanics would make the white folks feel uneasy
    ewww black people are sooo icky! During the Jay-Z show, so many white girls are going to get raped.


    PS: I have 3 single day tickets available for Friday. PM me if your interested.
    "You might be a king or a little street sweeper, but sooner or later you dance with the reaper."
    -The Grim Reaper

  18. #648
    Cobra psychic friend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    valley girl
    Posts
    9,340

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    can we please get away from the racist talk, i can see this leading to fighting.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

  19. #649

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    delete again? hahaha PF ok ok i get it.
    i won't post it again.
    i don't have the time or energy to troll today.

  20. #650

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Hey, you can always enter Artistdirect.com's Coachella Contest for a chance to win 2 VIP Passes and Tickets!
    (http://www.artistdirect.com/coachell...-free-tickets/)

    Quote Originally Posted by sidsjiff View Post
    Wow this is a bummer.

    I've gone all days (3 now, 2 before) for the last 5 years with my sister.

    It's been nice that the last 2 years I've been able to bring my kids & wife for Saturday only (awesome in 2008, ok in 2009). Fun to share it with them too.
    Last year, I bet Friday nearly sold out last year just for Paul.

    With the lineup announced I'd expect tickets may still be available come showtime although who knows if someone big(ger) is announced in the next 87 days. Looks like one could show up Saturday and buy a ticket for that day, but tough to plan this out without knowing for sure.

    To the powers that be - any chance single day tix might come available later on?

  21. #651

    Default Re: Single day tickets

    Quote Originally Posted by beavington View Post
    as been said before, if you are broke $90 should not go to a concert. The broke argument is bogus because if you can afford $90 then you can afford the rest.
    Yeah that makes no sense whatsoever.

  22. #652

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Even the ones defending the 3 day pass have to know friends who can't go because of this new format. Some people can't afford it, some people have to work, some have family things or weddings to go to, and some simply don't want to go all three days. Half of my normal group can't make it this year because of one reason or another, which really sucks, because anyone who has been to Coachella knows that in the end, the best part of the weekend is hanging out with your friends in a sweet polo field, listening to great music. One of my friends can't go for the first time in 10 years, which is a pretty sad thing because Coachella has now become a tradition within our circle and is really the best time of the year for many of us.

    I'm looking forward to my 10th year, but the lead-up to the festival this year feels a little awkward and anti-climatic as a result of tickets moving to three days only.
    COACHELLA 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10...

  23. #653

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by eturnol View Post
    Even the ones defending the 3 day pass have to know friends who can't go because of this new format. Some people can't afford it, some people have to work, some have family things or weddings to go to, and some simply don't want to go all three days. Half of my normal group can't make it this year because of one reason or another, which really sucks, because anyone who has been to Coachella knows that in the end, the best part of the weekend is hanging out with your friends in a sweet polo field, listening to great music. One of my friends can't go for the first time in 10 years, which is a pretty sad thing because Coachella has now become a tradition within our circle and is really the best time of the year for many of us.

    I'm looking forward to my 10th year, but the lead-up to the festival this year feels a little awkward and anti-climatic as a result of tickets moving to three days only.
    If spending $300 on a 3-day ticket is going to bust you, you probaby have no business spending $100 on a single day ticket.
    COACHELLA 2005, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

  24. #654
    Peaceful Oasis TomAz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Zenith, Winnemac
    Posts
    41,040

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by eturnol View Post
    Some people can't afford it, some people have to work, some have family things or weddings to go to, and some simply don't want to go all three days.
    not my problem, not my problem, not my problem, not my problem.

    the lead-up to the festival this year feels a little awkward and anti-climatic as a result of tickets moving to three days only.

  25. #655
    Happy Feet Coachella Bound's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of Wasted Dreams, CA
    Posts
    5,557

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    jalls is crazzzy.... i love the idea of the three day, everything aside it keeps away people that have no business being there in the first place.
    Coachella 07 (the introduction), 08 (the bands), 09 (the documentary), 10 (the people i came with), 11 (the relationship test... we passed), 12 (whatever the weather, Dirty Epic forever), 13 (the year of the troll)

    - PEARL JAM WHY YOU HATE COACHELLA? -

  26. #656
    old school DFrank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    la
    Posts
    2,534

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by socalguy100 View Post
    If spending $300 on a 3-day ticket is going to bust you, you probaby have no business spending $100 on a single day ticket.
    I dont understand people making this connection that if you have $100 then you have $300. It wouldn't be the other way around?
    FYF 08/23-08/24
    Chvrches 09/19
    Banks 10/16
    Digitalism 11/08

  27. #657

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by socalguy100 View Post
    If spending $300 on a 3-day ticket is going to bust you, you probaby have no business spending $100 on a single day ticket.
    I HAVE 300 dollars. I am going to Coachella this year, already have my tickets and the hotel booked. So I'll probaby see you there socalguy.
    COACHELLA 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10...

  28. #658

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    [QUOTE=TomAz;1674262]not my problem, not my problem, not my problem, not my problem.

    TomAz how many friends do you have who cant go all three days this year? Answer that without a snide response if you can. If you say zero then you are a fucking liar.
    COACHELLA 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09, 10...

  29. #659
    old school
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,687

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Honestly, all my friends who go to Coachella think this year is incredible so they found a way to make it work. It's called planning ahead, you know, being resourceful. It's something adults do.
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

    Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

    For 2011

  30. #660

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    I read the article and interpreted the statements to be little more than stated reasons. No one ever comes out and says that something is priced the way it to maximize revenue. If the Dodgers say they are not raising ticket prices because they care about the "fan experience," they are not being truthful. They have determined that this specific pricing model maximizes revenue. Same thing applies here. This is an 8-figure enterprise and if they don't maximize revenue, then someone will have to pay off a boatload of debt and the festival won't be around long. Having said that (to quote Larry David), I just hope the show's as good as last year.
    To quote the Fonz, I was wr-wr-wr

Similar Threads

  1. SINGLE DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE AGAIN ON TM!
    By patricksw in forum Passes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 09:00 PM
  2. Single Day Tickets on Ticketbastard!
    By imapixie in forum Passes
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 06:35 PM
  3. Need Sat and Sun single day tickets bad
    By localdesertrat in forum Passes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 02:12 PM
  4. Single day tickets
    By Andreaxyz in forum Passes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-28-2007, 11:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •