Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: No single-day tickets?

vinylmartyr

Default Re: No single-day tickets?

it's called "saving money for a future purchase"

i did that when i was a kid. I saved up for many months to buy a car.

shhhhhhh lazy fucks

Well said, Jeff.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by charipeep View Post
    Especially in this economy! Who in the hell has $269 laying around! And Jay-Z, what are they thinking? Does he really fit it with the vibe of coachella? I don't think so. Not meaning to offend anyone but Coachella has been historically for the alternative music crowd.
    Historically, it's been a predominantly DJ and electronic music festival, so Jay-Z fits better into that scheme than anything you're considering to be more Coachella-esque.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.

I definitely don't feel entitled to anything at all. These people can do whatever they want, it is their festival. I have never gone before, and I did buy two tickets, but I cannot find someone that can take off on Thursday, Friday and Monday, and I don't even know if I can either. Saturday would be the most important one to see, so it is just shame I can't get a taste of Coachella by "trying it out" with a one day pass.

You're a pussy.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by We Want The Cup View Post
    I definitely don't feel entitled to anything at all. These people can do whatever they want, it is their festival. I have never gone before, and I did buy two tickets, but I cannot find someone that can take off on Thursday, Friday and Monday, and I don't even know if I can either. Saturday would be the most important one to see, so it is just shame I can't get a taste of Coachella by "trying it out" with a one day pass.
    you've had ten previous coachella's to try it out. and i highly doubt this is the first that will have a band you want to see.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

Quote Originally Posted by charipeep View Post
    Especially in this economy! Who in the hell has $269 laying around! And Jay-Z, what are they thinking? Does he really fit it with the vibe of coachella? I don't think so. Not meaning to offend anyone but Coachella has been historically for the alternative music crowd.
    You are dumb.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    You're a pussy.
    Well put

/thread
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

it's not like i don't want to go all three days, and god knows i'd love to and i did last year.
    problem is i work at that starbucks you'll all be going to, so we're not allowed to request the weekend off, and if i had guts enough to ditch work i'd be fired no questions. the only day i'll be guaranteed off is sunday, and miraculously that is the lineup day i'm most interested in.
    this is balls.

Quote Originally Posted by OhhMykalanne View Post
    it's not like i don't want to go all three days, and god knows i'd love to and i did last year.
    problem is i work at that starbucks you'll all be going to, so we're not allowed to request the weekend off, and if i had guts enough to ditch work i'd be fired no questions. the only day i'll be guaranteed off is sunday, and miraculously that is the lineup day i'm most interested in.
    this is balls.
    thats good luck. sunday the single day tickets are guaranteed

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hypervera View Post
    thats good luck. sunday the single day tickets are guaranteed
    uh, no.
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

if it's not sold out...

If you live within driving distance of the polo fields, committing to the whole fest is the best bang you'll get for your bucks & vacation days all year.
    Last edited by shermanoaksyo; 02-11-2010 at 08:04 PM.

Would everyone just buy a 3 day day pass and pipe down already?

Listen I understand the beefs, but this policy ain't gonna change.

If you can't go all 3 days, or are not willing to do so, there ARE PLENTY of other "good" festival choices out there. Where you can go for the one or two days of your choosing.

just sayin.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

I only want to see one band on Saturday. Why can't Goldenvoice sell me a 1 band ticket? It is all about making money and selling tickets. GV may as well put a gun to my head and rob me of $270. All greed. It should be about catering for me me me ME!!!!

sarcasm: witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid"; added for the benefit of blackchango
    Last edited by tigermilkboy; 02-13-2010 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    I only want to see one band on Saturday. Why can't Goldenvoice sell me a 1 band ticket?
    fucking awesome : )
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

I don't want to see any bands! Why can't Goldenvoice just let me in for free so i can walk around and enjoy the grass and the beer gardens?!?!?!
    last.fm
    8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/6/14 Elvis Costello & Ben Folds - Hollywood Bowl
    9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL // 9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Quote Originally Posted by tigermilkboy View Post
    I only want to see one band on Saturday. Why can't Goldenvoice sell me a 1 band ticket? It is all about making money and selling tickets. GV may as well put a gun to my head and rob me of $270. All greed. It should be about catering for me me me ME!!!!
    They should put a gun to your head rob you then not let you in.

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Do you people even look at the other 100 or so names on the poster?
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by blackchango View Post
    They should put a gun to your head rob you then not let you in.
    sarcasm: witty language used to convey insults or scorn; "he used sarcasm to upset his opponent"; "irony is wasted on the stupid";

I see it was totally wasted on you

It's funny...At first, I was pissed off about not being able to buy a ticket for Saturday only. But after reading through these threads and seeing how all of the Coachella "die-hards" behave and treat other people, I'm glad I won't be going. Some of you people are the most elitist douchebags I've ever seen. There are more (and generally better) concerts out there than Coachella, get over yourselves. This is the first year that the lineup is actually worth anything, so the arguments about having 10 years to 'try out' the festival are just dumb. It's simple, I've never been because there's never more than 3 or 4 bands total that are worth paying the high price to see. This year, there's about 7 in one day, and about 5 or 6 total from the other 2 days. Anyway, getting back on topic, saying things like that somehow makes me not worthy of attending the festival, when there are bands I'm interested in seeing, in many of your eyes. It's unbelievable how holier-than-thou Coachella "festival fans" can be. Way to perpetuate the stereotype of Coachella goers, guys. I'd rather save my $300+ and see 15-20 other concerts free of this snotty, elitist, douchebaggery. Jeez, and I thought I was judgmental when it came to music. And to those of you that are going to say things like "good riddance" and "we won't miss you", you are the exact people that I'm talking about, and you're proving my point. Just because you go to an expensive music festival out in the middle of fucking nowhere to see a bunch of bands that sound the same for the most part and some shitty DJs, that doesn't make you better than anyone else.

And for the record, it's 6:40am and I haven't slept yet, thus the incoherent-ness.

/tired rant.

Quote Originally Posted by AlTheKiller View Post
    It's funny...At first, I was pissed off about not being able to buy a ticket for Saturday only. But after reading through these threads and seeing how all of the Coachella "die-hards" behave and treat other people, I'm glad I won't be going. Some of you people are the most elitist douchebags I've ever seen. There are more (and generally better) concerts out there than Coachella, get over yourselves. This is the first year that the lineup is actually worth anything, so the arguments about having 10 years to 'try out' the festival are just dumb. It's simple, I've never been because there's never more than 3 or 4 bands total that are worth paying the high price to see. This year, there's about 7 in one day, and about 5 or 6 total from the other 2 days. Anyway, getting back on topic, saying things like that somehow makes me not worthy of attending the festival, when there are bands I'm interested in seeing, in many of your eyes. It's unbelievable how holier-than-thou Coachella "festival fans" can be. Way to perpetuate the stereotype of Coachella goers, guys. I'd rather save my $300+ and see 15-20 other concerts free of this snotty, elitist, douchebaggery. Jeez, and I thought I was judgmental when it came to music. And to those of you that are going to say things like "good riddance" and "we won't miss you", you are the exact people that I'm talking about, and you're proving my point. Just because you go to an expensive music festival out in the middle of fucking nowhere to see a bunch of bands that sound the same for the most part and some shitty DJs, that doesn't make you better than anyone else.

And for the record, it's 6:40am and I haven't slept yet, thus the incoherent-ness.

/tired rant.
    Oh, well in that case we'll totally start giving a flying fuck when it comes to you. We didn't for the last 700 jerkoffs, but for you we're just a big bleeding heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

/tired rant.
    Well said. And Monklish, you did nothing other than prove her point.

A+ contribution there.

It's funny...At first, I was pissed off about not being able to buy a ticket for Saturday only. But after reading through these threads and seeing how all of the Coachella "die-hards" behave and treat other people, I'm glad I won't be going. Some of you people are the most elitist douchebags I've ever seen.
    In reality they are the most insecure and self conscious folks ever. You know how the internet works right?
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

/tired rant.
    you are totally right , they are idiots, but at the festival I really dont care about the people, I just go for my bands, we pay for the bands not to see indie msgboard people

Yeah, board members are so mean. How dare they be annoyed by and rude to the people who join the board solely to complain about the new ticketing system, contribute nothing to any of the threads about music, and then bitch that they aren't met with internet hugz.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

INTERNET HUGZ!
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Woods - 8/20 - Holy Mountain
    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

I have an internet hug for you, Mr. Gribble.
    My name is Becca. Hi.

Facebook, yo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    If it was supposed to be a joke, there'd be a cat in the picture somewhere. That's how you can tell, on the internet.