Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 540 of 662

Thread: No single-day tickets?

  1. #511
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,128

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    haha, i wrote some stuff on their wall and i think i got banned. funny that they can spam the coachella board but i can't make one or two comments on their page calling them whiny fucks.

  2. #512

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Not only that, but according to a post on their wall one of the members got banned from this forum for spamming the link, and he's playing it like he somehow didn't deserve it.

    This is a group of people that I can do without at Coachella

    And I hate that they are acting like it's some huge movement to win their rights back.

    'GIVE US BACK THE ABILITY TO CHOOSE' give me a break
    Last edited by cormaic; 02-04-2010 at 05:16 PM.

  3. #513
    Lurker StarMachina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palo Alto, CA
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Single day tix typically go on sale very late, like in late March or early April.
    2011 will be 8th year attending Coachella!

    Twitter: @Kitty_Korner

  4. #514

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    dude....

    its pretty much written in stone:

    no single day tickets

    3 day ticket package or pro rated tickets

    look up pro-rated, if you dont understand what it means

    peace and see you all there lol

  5. #515
    short bus rider
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by kidinthebluehoodie View Post
    dude....

    its pretty much written in stone:

    no single day tickets

    3 day ticket package or pro rated tickets

    look up pro-rated, if you dont understand what it means

    peace and see you all there lol
    ok but i herd a rumer that thare will be one day ticets for sell on febuary 23rd so i gess we will se on the 23rd rite

  6. #516
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,648

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by alex gardner View Post
    ok but i herd a rumer that thare will be one day ticets for sell on febuary 23rd so i gess we will se on the 23rd rite
    Way to add to the problem.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  7. #517
    Member darksideofkaos.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Posts
    1,077

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Ok guys so I heard from a source that if you head to Indio and meet up in the campsite exactly 4.5 hours before gates open David Bowie will be giving out single day tickets

  8. #518
    short bus rider
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    590

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    Way to add to the problem.
    the problem is keeping this worthless piece of shit thread open. lock this useless motherfucker up and the problem is solved. if the shit changes and tickets go on sale, then they can post it on the god damned website or make a new thread about it, but until then, this thread is a neverending shitshow of stupidity and ignorance.

  9. #519
    Member beavington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ventura, CA
    Posts
    1,860

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by StarMachina View Post
    Single day tix typically go on sale very late, like in late March or early April.
    single day tickets typically went on sale at the same as the three day tickets. So dont make up stories about when they usually go on sale.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

    Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

  10. #520
    Member beavington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ventura, CA
    Posts
    1,860

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by cormaic View Post
    Not only that, but according to a post on their wall one of the members got banned from this forum for spamming the link, and he's playing it like he somehow didn't deserve it.

    This is a group of people that I can do without at Coachella

    And I hate that they are acting like it's some huge movement to win their rights back.

    'GIVE US BACK THE ABILITY TO CHOOSE' give me a break
    its the Coachella Republican Forum
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

    Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

  11. #521
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Lots of pointless whining going on in here.

    NO SINGLE DAYS - move on.
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  12. #522

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    WAIT WHAT? NO SINGLE DAY TICKETS ARE BEING SOLD?

  13. #523
    detfiL
    Guest

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    IM GOING TO LAUGH SO FUCKING MUCH WHEN THEY DO SELL SINGLE DAY TICKETS . & IF THEY DONT IM GOING TO CRY A SHIT LOAD
    HAHAHAHA

  14. #524
    Coachella Junkie C DUB YA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    8,271

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    they're not going to. 3 days are selling well, no need to change policy.
    The Glitter Freeze

    Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

  15. #525
    Pedley Rocks JustSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    the Beach of Newport
    Posts
    12,128

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    this was def. the year to institute the change.

  16. #526

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    I am amazed at how many people are protecting this new change. I also fail to see how pissing off a large percentage of your base is going to help the festival. Yeah, I read that 80% of the "fan base" are 3-day ticket buyers but I don't buy that statistic. Ask around, just ask around and you will see that the statistic is not true. More people are pissed off by the decision than hipsters are thrilled about it so don't give me that shit.

    I recently saw the Coachella DVD where Beck says that he likes being a fan at this event, he likes to be part of it because he realizes, like a Woodstock, that it is a very special moment in time and it will not last forever. When I heard this, I couldn't imagine a world without Coachella but after this type of decision, I can see how it has reached its peak and it can only go down form here, so enjoy. I definitely will, but I am not happy that the business man took over the free soul who started this.

  17. #527
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,164

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybravo View Post
    I am amazed at how many people are protecting this new change. I also fail to see how pissing off a large percentage of your base is going to help the festival. Yeah, I read that 80% of the "fan base" are 3-day ticket buyers but I don't buy that statistic. Ask around, just ask around and you will see that the statistic is not true. More people are pissed off by the decision than hipsters are thrilled about it so don't give me that shit.
    Oh, because casually asking around always tends to be more accurate than you know, actual statistical figures. You must be a scientist.

    Hipsters aren't the people thrilled about the 3-day fest, either.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  18. #528
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,499

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Actually, they are not making up that 80% statistic. Each year, they have only sold around 5,000 single day tickets per day. They usually sell around 50,000-55,000 3-day passes each year.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  19. #529
    Member €uroMeinke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    55

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    I'm sure the 80% of sales is accurate, but I wonder what the percentage is for attending all days. I know plenty of people who have split the 3-day tickets among friends, or sold days they couldn't attend for whatever reason. I'm sure it's still a high percentage, but it's not 80%

  20. #530

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Oh, because casually asking around always tends to be more accurate than you know, actual statistical figures. You must be a scientist.

    Hipsters aren't the people thrilled about the 3-day fest, either.
    Yeah, so I may have strayed off in my drunken rant when I implied the statistic was way off, but let's say it's a quarter of people who are single day ticket buyers. That is still a large amount of people and they are being stripped of the choice of deciding what days they want to attend. I get your side of this, 3-day ticket sales will increase the amount of people at the festival during the day and you will avoid the thousands of people who just go to see Paul McCartney or Jay-Z. I just don't get why people on here are so rabid on defending the policy when in my eyes, this only helps Golden Voice's bottom line. What's in it for all you people defending this is my question? If you are and always have been a 3 day ticket buyer, how do you benefit from the policy change?

  21. #531
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybravo View Post
    Yeah, so I may have strayed off in my drunken rant when I implied the statistic was way off, but let's say it's a quarter of people who are single day ticket buyers. That is still a large amount of people and they are being stripped of the choice of deciding what days they want to attend. I get your side of this, 3-day ticket sales will increase the amount of people at the festival during the day and you will avoid the thousands of people who just go to see Paul McCartney or Jay-Z. I just don't get why people on here are so rabid on defending the policy when in my eyes, this only helps Golden Voice's bottom line. What's in it for all you people defending this is my question? If you are and always have been a 3 day ticket buyer, how do you benefit from the policy change?
    Let's not say it's a quarter of the people, because it's not. It's at most 20 percent, because 20 percent or less of the allocated tickets are single days. It's more likely close to 5,000 for each day, which is about 1/10th or 1/11th.

    It's not just that we benefit, but more that we're absolutely fucking tired of hearing you dickheads come in here with the same complaints and bawww-ing about your stupid problems that prevent you from coming for all three days, when in actuality you're just being whiny little bitches. But we DO actually benefit in that we get less "casual fan" interlopers and hipsters going just to be at Coachella instead of caring about the music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  22. #532
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,499

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    We also get wrist-bands and ins and outs now because of this policy. I for one, am pretty stoked about the wrist-bands
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  23. #533

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Ok, one point for rage patton for actually answering the question, thank you. Monklish, on the other hand, is tired of hearing 'whiny little bitches' complain on these pages. SO tired in fact, that he enters the same threads that he's SO TIRED from reading every 15 minutes to.... well, to read them.

    So your pompous assed answer really is that you enjoy music much more than I do or anyone on this page? You think when you're in that large crowd with that sweet, sweet hat by the way, your ears are listening to something much more special? So in a nutshell, you like the decision because you want more people like you to attend Coachella. If that's the case, it definitely will not make it better. No, but I get you. You're one of these people that make outrageous remarks to get a rise out of people and it seems to work. Look how much you got me writing? But please, next time make a better argument, not just that it's good because you feel you have to be a Coachella quality police.

  24. #534
    Coachella Junkie Blinken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,685

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Not worrying about keeping a stack of tickets all weekend while camping, in and outs, cheaper camping, and a greater sense of community with other festival goers. After going to Bonnaroo last year I really noticed the difference only selling 3 day passes made it really becomes a community. By the time Sunday rolled around you knew everyone was in it together, in the filthy campgrounds, had survived the same rainstorms, had been going all weekend together it was great.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

  25. #535
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,747

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Spoken like a True Dirty Hippie
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  26. #536
    Coachella Junkie Blinken's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    7,685

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

  27. #537
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,164

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    But we DO actually benefit in that we get less "casual fan" interlopers and hipsters going just to be at Coachella instead of caring about the music.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    We also get wrist-bands and ins and outs now because of this policy. I for one, am pretty stoked about the wrist-bands
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybravo View Post
    I just don't get why people on here are so rabid on defending the policy when in my eyes, this only helps Golden Voice's bottom line. What's in it for all you people defending this is my question? If you are and always have been a 3 day ticket buyer, how do you benefit from the policy change?
    Those two--and the fact that we can bring our own beer into the campsite is definitely correlated to the new 3-day only system. I'm just tired of hearing people complain that GV is profiting from this change. Like, how dare the company that brings me 3 days of amazing music and an excellent festival atmosphere profit from offering 3 days of amazing music and an excellent festival atmosphere. I just have a hard time understanding the outrage of people who can seemingly afford a $100 single day ticket but can't scrounge up an extra $169. I understand some people "can't" go all 3 days, but that argument is pretty weak, too.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  28. #538
    Lurker Michi.head's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Downey
    Posts
    11

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    it's cool and uncool. who cares? so what?
    2006
    2007
    2008
    2009
    2010
    2011

  29. #539
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by johnnybravo View Post
    Ok, one point for rage patton for actually answering the question, thank you. Monklish, on the other hand, is tired of hearing 'whiny little bitches' complain on these pages. SO tired in fact, that he enters the same threads that he's SO TIRED from reading every 15 minutes to.... well, to read them.

    So your pompous assed answer really is that you enjoy music much more than I do or anyone on this page? You think when you're in that large crowd with that sweet, sweet hat by the way, your ears are listening to something much more special? So in a nutshell, you like the decision because you want more people like you to attend Coachella. If that's the case, it definitely will not make it better. No, but I get you. You're one of these people that make outrageous remarks to get a rise out of people and it seems to work. Look how much you got me writing? But please, next time make a better argument, not just that it's good because you feel you have to be a Coachella quality police.
    It's not even so much that I want MORE people LIKE ME to attend, I just want LESS people LIKE YOU.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  30. #540

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Thank you Blinken for answering the question as well. I see your point, you want it to become more exclusive in a way, to have better quality guests. I get that and I understand completely. It's just that the rest of us, who do like the same music and enjoy it just as you do, would like to be able to decide which days we want or can attend. I don't get why having a person next to you who may be discovering a great band is a bad thing. It seems I hear a lot that you want more quality fans or whatnot, but what's wrong with sharing this experience with someone who may not know what amazing band they are experiencing for the first time? I'm not that person but I wanted to share the Coachella experience with some people who aren't in the scene and let them experience it for the first time. It just so happens they can't go all three days for whatever reason.

    And guedita, I mean, you sound like you're a representative of the festival sent out to make these arguments. I don't see your rage really in that people want to say, you know what,maybe I'll skip the first day and go the last two, or whatever. The beer policy and camp pricing sounds really great and it's a definite plus, but couldn't they make those changes without the 3-day policy? And no, it's not weak that some of us can't attend three days. Some of us have work or school or other things that won't allow us to attend a Friday or come back a Monday. And it's not only 269 for the whole weekend, in many cases it would be 269 + gas / flight + food + shelter + alcohol + drugs + anything else you want to imagine and that adds up, my dear.

    And Monklish, just go listen to Yellowcard or some shit.

Similar Threads

  1. SINGLE DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE AGAIN ON TM!
    By patricksw in forum Passes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 08:00 PM
  2. Single Day Tickets on Ticketbastard!
    By imapixie in forum Passes
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 05:35 PM
  3. Need Sat and Sun single day tickets bad
    By localdesertrat in forum Passes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 01:12 PM
  4. Single day tickets
    By Andreaxyz in forum Passes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-28-2007, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •