Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: No single-day tickets?

Default Re: No single-day tickets?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    So does this mean we can't take our wristbands off all weekend? They're gonna be pretty filthy and thrashed come sunday.
    This was my experience for the past two years when I attended as a member of the media. The press wristbands were paper, and by Sunday it was looking pretty flimsy and unsavory. I worried each night when I took a post-festival shower that it might disintegrate, but it managed to stay in one piece both years.

I was grateful for the single day passes last year, because I bought one for Friday and took my daughter to see Paul McCartney/Los Campesinos!/Franz Ferdinand.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Its the first time i wanted to attend, but like you guys mentioned there's no single day tickets at all and that sucks i work on friday and i cant attend the whole weekand....
    if i go on saturday any one think a can get a single day ticket>?

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

OH MY GOD DO YOU PEOPLE EVER BOTHER TO READ ANYTHING THAT HAPPENED BEFORE YOUR STUPID QUESTION
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

detfiL

ARE THEY SELLING SINGLE DAY TICKETS ?

HAHAHAHA I KID, I KID !

Quote Originally Posted by v11verduzco View Post
    Its the first time i wanted to attend, but like you guys mentioned there's no single day tickets at all and that sucks i work on friday and i cant attend the whole weekand....
    if i go on saturday any one think a can get a single day ticket>?
    hahaha no you will not, it will be a pro-rated ticket for the remainder of the weekend. If there are tickets left.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Hey guys. I'm gonna make a petition and send it to Pepsi and you should consider signing it.

Essentially, I want them to let me purchase 2 cans out of a 6 pack because that's all I can afford. I have purchased Pepsi in the past, so clearly as a loyal customer I deserve this. And come on! Think about the recession, Pepsi! We're dying out here and you wont let us pay for exactly what we want? God your corporate greed really irks me and the rest of us, your loyal customers, who take any chance available to rail on you without knowing exactly went into the decision to not let us buy 2 can packs of your sweet drink. If this petition works, look for one to sign that will be in favor of just paying for a few sips from one can. Together we can do this, guys. Let's make it happen.
    that was a very moronic analogy...as pepsi sells single cans of soda, and coachella does not sell single day passes.

what does pro rated mean

That's just plain malicious.
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

I meant you linking to those is malicious. Goldenvoice is NOT CURRENTLY SELLING SINGLE DAY TICKETS. Which means those are either expectations of single day tickets, which will lead to future broken hearts, or they're straight up fake tickets. Either way it's pretty fucking wrong to tell people they can get single days at those sites.

DO YOU NOT SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?

I mean if you're going to do this sort of thing you at least want to be the one profiting from it.

Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    I meant you linking to those is malicious. Goldenvoice is NOT CURRENTLY SELLING SINGLE DAY TICKETS. Which means those are either expectations of single day tickets, which will lead to future broken hearts, or they're straight up fake tickets. Either way it's pretty fucking wrong to tell people they can get single days at those sites.
    Either way, It is what it is.
    It's also pretty fucking wrong to not give these people the opportunity to choose....

like i could really give a shit if gv is selling single day tickets...

and profit from ticket sales? Not me.
    In the past, I always gave them away.
    Today, if I had extra tickets, I'd still give them away.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatSeeker View Post
    what does pro rated mean
    that means your ass will be paying a bit of money to go the day you want, but it depends what Gv values it at.

edit: and to the poster above who really doesnt care about whats been mentioned, we really dont care what you think on the single day thing, or linking to scalper sites. Why do you think people IGNORE YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    that means your ass will be paying a bit of money to go the day you want, but it depends what Gv values it at.

edit: and to the poster above who really doesnt care about whats been mentioned, we really dont care what you think on the single day thing, or linking to scalper sites. Why do you think people IGNORE YOU.
    guess your ignore feature doesn't work?
    fucking dweeb.

Do you not see the ignorance and maliciousness in propagating false information? What choice are you trying to give people? The choice to get ripped off and/or be dissapointed is what it looks like. You do know that there are NO SINGLE DAY TICKETS available for purchase. Fuck's sake, I don't even have to do any name calling on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

DO YOU NOT SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS?
    YEAH, I SEE WHAT THE PROBLEM IS...Pete came across that site and thought he'd share it with the experts on the board here. (We all know there are no single day tickets.) Maybe instead of jumping to conclusions and being all cunty about it, you could get the rest of your expert team to pitch a big enough fit that Goldenvoice will give it attention.
    I can say one thing...We got our tickets and printed them from the site on the board. I'm used to doing will call or having the actual tickets mailed, so printing them myself seemed really wierd. (You know, like anyone could massively print out several copies of the confirmation. ) I wouldn't pull shit like that, but I'm sure there's another assfuck that will. Most people who come to this board are fully aware of everything. I'd even give lurkers credit...atleast they came to the Coachella website. BUT...What about all those idiots that have just heard of Coach, or the one nite stand fanboys that scan Craigslist or wherever? Maybe someone new to concerts and festivals? Some jackass out there could sell them a confirmed ticket, only to have them find out at the gate that it has to be the original purchaser, or you need to show ID. Or, worse, the real ticket is enjoying the show, while you realize you just got ripped off because the ticket you bought has already been used? We both had the same reaction over that bullshit imfo...Maybe instead of offering it to you elitest fucks, he should have just let GV know in a PM...

BD... what Corinna was saying was that Pete was providing link to scalpers that claim to be selling single day tickets in a thread that claims there are no single day tickets. The problem with this is that there are a lot of lurkers and guests visiting this thread, and they might see the links Pete is posting, and think they are legit. Remember, lurkers and guests are usually pretty dumb and some might think the links are the real deal. Even by posting pictures, it might make some think there are real single day tickets for advance somewhere else. That is why it is problematic.
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    BD... what Corinna was saying was that Pete was providing link to scalpers that claim to be selling single day tickets in a thread that claims there are no single day tickets. The problem with this is that there are a lot of lurkers and guests visiting this thread, and they might see the links Pete is posting, and think they are legit. Remember, lurkers and guests are usually pretty dumb and some might think the links are the real deal. Even by posting pictures, it might make some think there are real single day tickets for advance somewhere else. That is why it is problematic.
    I don't give a shit about the dumb ones, Josh. And I'm pretty certain that if they read Pete's post, they've probably continued on reading our posts and hopefully figured it out by then. If not, then 2 Stupid4Coachella, sorry, but you're on your own! But, not everybody spends every waking moment on this message board. Now that you've seen it, you can analyze the probability of it being at all real or fake...Gezz. then perhaps 4 more people will chime in, and with any luck, one of you elitest fucks would point out the facts. Sorry about gettin' all up n' pissy, but damn, you guys get anal over the stupidest shit sometimes.

I wasn't getting anal at all. I thought I was being perfectly rational. Now you are the one getting all worked up.
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

THERE ARE NO SINGLE DAY TICKETS, PERIOD! IF YOU SEE TICKETS ADVERTISED AS SINGLES, YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK BACK HERE FOR THE FACTS, OR UPDATES BEFORE PURCHASING ANY TICKETS FROM ANY SITE. ONCE AGAIN, THERE WILL BE NO SINGLE DAY TICKETS.没有单一的一日门票,NO SOLO DIA ENTRADAS,WALANG stage DAY tiketΟΧΙ μόνο ημέρα ΕΙΣΙΤΗΡΙΑ,ΟΧΙ μόνο ημέρα ΕΙΣΙΤΗΡΙΑNO DAY SINGOLA BIGLIETTI, Nė viena dienos bilietai,קיין איין טאָג טיקיץ ,YOK TEK GÜN BİLETNo Single дневной билет,GEEZ!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

The guy who was posting links to the Facebook Petition about single day tickets, anyone taken a look at that recently its worth a laugh. I think they are planning some mass spamming on the message boards, and have got nearly 3,000 members.

short bus rider

why would someone pay $285 for a saturday only ticket when the 3 day pass is $269????? this thread is embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatSeeker View Post
    what does pro rated mean
    Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Wrong. By definition, "pro-rated" means dividing something proportionally. If your rent is $900 and there's 30 days this month, but you don't move in until the 5th, the rent would be pro-rated at $30 a day, and you'd only pay $780.

GV has already valued it when they priced it at $269. So, if you arrive on Saturday and buy a three day pass, it would be $179.33. On Sunday, it's $89.67.

That doesn't mean that's what's going to happen, that's just the definition of pro-rating. It doesn't mean they are going to make up a price out of thin air...quite the opposite.

Quote Originally Posted by alex gardner View Post
    this thread is embarrassing.
    Reality.
    Know who you buy tickets from. Do the research and ask around.
    The sites that I posted are almost convincing. More will come up as the festival nears. Ebay, Craigs list and sellers that pop up overnight are risky. And for Gods sakes, stay away from the scalpers who will set up shop on Monroe St during the festival.

Quote Originally Posted by amy2705 View Post
    The guy who was posting links to the Facebook Petition about single day tickets, anyone taken a look at that recently its worth a laugh. I think they are planning some mass spamming on the message boards, and have got nearly 3,000 members.
    Oooooh a whole 3000 strong of non-commited festival goers? Sounds like a bang up party.

Worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by Suffacated View Post
    Reality.
    Know who you buy tickets from. Do the research and ask around.
    The sites that I posted are almost convincing. More will come up as the festival nears. Ebay, Craigs list and sellers that pop up overnight are risky. And for Gods sakes, stay away from the scalpers who will set up shop on Monroe St during the festival.
    I'm still curious how they expect to sell single day "passes" ahead of time, when those things won't really exist.
    Last edited by C DUB YA; 02-04-2010 at 06:34 AM.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by C DUB YA View Post

I'm still curious how they expect to sell single day "passes" ahead of time, when those things won't really exist.
    Who knows?
    Maybe someone hooked up with some promo tickets like KROQ gives away.
    There's many ways for tickets or passes to become available.
    3 Coachellas ago, a bag of "Field" wristbands was somehow "misplaced" by a GV employee. These wristbands were the ones given to people who, as part of their job, needed access to the infield. I'm not sure of the details but this bag-o-wristbands ended up at some pre-show party and from there, who knows? I do know of some people who ended up buying some and they walked right in. Meanwhile, people needing them had to wait for some act of God just to get in and finish their job. Fuck that, fuck the asshole who lost them and fuck those behind the scenes who gave"Field" passes to their followers and groupies while us assholes who just wanted to finish our damned jobs sat there and waited.

Wow, I strayed off there, didn't I.

So yeah, as long as irresponsible twerps get to handle passes, they will somehow end up on the market.

Stop posting links to scalpers, this is a warning.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Quote Originally Posted by amy2705 View Post
    Wow, I just looked at that. Their info page states, in part:

Please consider this petition and make it fair for all us people who obviously want to attend but cannot afford $269 for two days, or even one day.

The whole fairness argument is absurd, and apparently they don't understand how prorated pricing works, either.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    Stop posting links to scalpers, this is a warning.
    Dani, not wanting to start trouble, but I'd be curious as to how GV feels about those scalpers, or if they'll perhaps look into this. I don't think Pete posted that to entice buyers as much as making people aware that shit like this happens. There are a lot of people out there who may not have the festival experience, or understand how ticketing usually works.With no single day tickets and plenty of peeps who want them, it would be real easy for some scumbag to rip someone off that has no better knowledge. Once again, not to start trouble, but maybe letting GV know could be considered a warning also. (Hate to see GV have to deal with ripped of patrons on top of all the other shit they already have to worry about, come festival time.)

Just a thought.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by 75 Miles View Post
    Wow, I just looked at that. Their info page states, in part:

Please consider this petition and make it fair for all us people who obviously want to attend but cannot afford $269 for two days, or even one day.

The whole fairness argument is absurd, and apparently they don't understand how prorated pricing works, either.
    I pointed that out to the guy IMMEDIATELY after he first posted it on a thread here. He then continued to spam other threads with that....and never changed it. What a fucking moron. Clearly not a Coachella patron and or dedicated fan.

8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival