Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: No single-day tickets?

Default Re: No single-day tickets?

GV is only selling 3-day tix because Paul T is just as annoyed by the retarded trolls that come on the board each january and spout off on shit they know nothing about and/or and ask or complain about things that are either contained within the FAQ or have been answered in the other threads about the very same thing. so to infuriate these lazy, idiotic morons further - and fulfill the true intention of pissing them off so much that these dipshits attend the warped vans tour instead - GV changed to just offering 3-day passes for sale this year. from the looks of the various legless boycotts and petitions, it appears to be yet another stroke of sheer brilliance.

i know this because Paul T told me so....on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Alligator Bogaloo View Post
    It's statements like this that get regulars upset and proceed to call people names and tell them not to go. You have no proof that they did it to maximize their revenue and no other reason. If you'd like to look at some facts, I would suggest reading the LA Times music blog that has been linked to many times, that interviews Paul T, where he brings up why they moved to the 3 day pass and their reasons for it.
    I read the article and interpreted the statements to be little more than stated reasons. No one ever comes out and says that something is priced the way it to maximize revenue. If the Dodgers say they are not raising ticket prices because they care about the "fan experience," they are not being truthful. They have determined that this specific pricing model maximizes revenue. Same thing applies here. This is an 8-figure enterprise and if they don't maximize revenue, then someone will have to pay off a boatload of debt and the festival won't be around long. Having said that (to quote Larry David), I just hope the show's as good as last year.

I have started a facebook petition. I live in Canada so it is hard for me to get people involved down in California, Please search for the group on Facebook and pass it along to everyone you know!

Please sign up on facebook online petition!

No one is going to sign up for your petition. Accept that Coachella has made the change to 3 day only tickets, I have and have chose that the festival and the artists are worth the extra money. If you truly can't make it then I'm sorry, there is always the webcasts and next year.

If anything Coachella is teaching youngsters how to save money... Coachella = Father figure

Quote Originally Posted by darksideofkaos. View Post
    No one is going to sign up for your petition. Accept that Coachella has made the change to 3 day only tickets, I have and have chose that the festival and the artists are worth the extra money. If you truly can't make it then I'm sorry, there is always the webcasts and next year.

If anything Coachella is teaching youngsters how to save money... Coachella = Father figure
    that is how i look at it, it makes it more valuable, and to lower its worth would be bad business. Economy or not.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

This thread reminds me of the lay-away crisis of 2009.

they will sell single day tickets at the door
    Mick Jagger

Link.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickjagger00 View Post
    they will sell single day tickets at the door
    Speculation... Feel free to take the drive down to Indio on the day of though in an attempt to get a single day ticket

they said most likely pro-rated.

show up friday and you'd buy a fri-sat-sun wristband.
    show up saturday and you'd buy a sat-sun wristband.
    show up sunday and score! buy a sunday wristband.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Quote Originally Posted by grichsgang View Post
    They'll say something to save face like "due to overwhelming feedback from potential festival-goers..." but what they'll really mean is "no one other than a few thousand die-hards bought three-day passes so, in order not to have a financial stink-bomb, we're gonna go back to 1-day passes."
    you really need to read this article before you spout off like that.

Tollett noted that the vast majority of Coachella attendees spring for the three-day pass. Since Coachella expanded to three days in 2007, Tollett said that more than 80% of concert-goers have bought multi-day passes. Cutting out the single-day, $99 ticket may result in alienating a number of fest-goers -- a financially sizable 20% of Coachella fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    they said most likely pro-rated.

show up friday and you'd buy a fri-sat-sun wristband.
    show up saturday and you'd buy a sat-sun wristband.
    show up sunday and score! buy a sunday wristband.

Great post, i still don't know what is so hard for people to understand about this? haha

If you planned on buying a 1 day ticket for any other day than Sunday you are dumb anyways. All these people bitching that they can't get friday off but want to go saturday and sunday aren't realizing that they can do that, if they show up at the gate on saturday and buy the 2 day. People are fuckin stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    Great post, i still don't know what is so hard for people to understand about this? haha

If you planned on buying a 1 day ticket for any other day than Sunday you are dumb anyways. All these people bitching that they can't get friday off but want to go saturday and sunday aren't realizing that they can do that, if they show up at the gate on saturday and buy the 2 day. People are fuckin stupid.
    Ummm, pretty much, yeah
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

However, if the festival sells out... people who show up at the gate on Saturday hoping to get Saturday/Sunday tickets... they will be shit out of luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

^Yes, they will be SOL, but does anyone reallly think it is going to sell out, though? I don't see this lineup having enough mainstream appeal to sell out. All of us music geeks are psyched, but the average asshole off the street has never heard of--much less, heard-- 75% of these acts.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

If our currect speculation is correct based on the sales of GA levels... the festival should sell out by late March/early April.

This line up easily has more mainstream appeal than 2008 and 2009. I couldn't convince anybody to come in 08 or 09. Now all my friends are tripping over themselves trying to figure out if they can make it.

I bet this year sells out.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I have my doubts, Josh. To quote Jimmy Cliff, "Time will tell."
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    If our currect speculation is correct based on the sales of GA levels... the festival should sell out by late March/early April.

This line up easily has more mainstream appeal than 2008 and 2009. I couldn't convince anybody to come in 08 or 09. Now all my friends are tripping over themselves trying to figure out if they can make it.

I completely agree, I think this line up attracts a wide variety of people with some HUGE names like Jay-Z, Muse and The Gorillaz as headliners, who all have big fan followings and sell out concerts of their own. It also has a lot of acts that are rare to catch like Pavement, Plastikman, Orbital and Thom Yorke, you could add The Gorillaz the this as well. Plus some acts that come around often but still have a pretty large fan base like deadmau5, Tiesto, Hot Chip, Infected Mushroom and Benny Benassi. A few west coast debuts as well from people like Proxy and Club 75. I say this line up has complete potential to sell out, that's why i am buying my ticket when i get paid tomorrow.

There is no "The" in front of Gorillaz. Just letting you know.

Quote Originally Posted by greghead View Post
    ^Yes, they will be SOL, but does anyone reallly think it is going to sell out, though? I don't see this lineup having enough mainstream appeal to sell out. All of us music geeks are psyched, but the average asshole off the street has never heard of--much less, heard-- 75% of these acts.
    there are many of us here who had no one or very few people that would make the trip with us in past years. this year i have at least 5 new people coming and i have seen several other posts mentioning the same thing. don't underestimate the appeal of this lineup.

It is odd how willing people are to coming down this year. It's definitely a trend that is happening, my friends included.
    "Without music life would be a mistake" ~Nietzsche

I don't think it is the slightest bit odd. The line up fucking kills this year. It actually makes a lot of sense.

There is no "The" in front of Gorillaz. Just letting you know.
    seriously, it seems like every thread i read on here mistakes their name for The Gorillaz... i've just been tryin' to let it slide, though...
    every day, every year

whiney pain in butt

it's THE everyone, haven't you heard?

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    you really need to read this article before you spout off like that.
    Time will tell, I guess. We agree to disagree. Enjoy the show.

Default need 3 one day tickets for Sunday

We can hope...

Quote Originally Posted by Aubin1 View Post
    I have started a facebook petition. I live in Canada so it is hard for me to get people involved down in California, Please search for the group on Facebook and pass it along to everyone you know!
    No.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

I honestly don't think it will, initial sells have been good, but it has REALLy stalled as late. Now you have the other festivals coming on board with their line ups.
    The Glitter Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    I completely agree, I think this line up attracts a wide variety of people with some HUGE names like Jay-Z, Muse and The Gorillaz as headliners, who all have big fan followings and sell out concerts of their own. It also has a lot of acts that are rare to catch like Pavement, Plastikman, Orbital and Thom Yorke, you could add The Gorillaz the this as well. Plus some acts that come around often but still have a pretty large fan base like deadmau5, Tiesto, Hot Chip, Infected Mushroom and Benny Benassi. A few west coast debuts as well from people like Proxy and Club 75. I say this line up has complete potential to sell out, that's why i am buying my ticket when i get paid tomorrow.
    This is no different than any other year my friend.

Apart from the 14% umemployement rate in Cali, a shitty economy nationwide, the same crowded festival landscape all competing for the festival dollars... The perceived weaker line up to some potential goers, the 3 day pass only thing... etc...

I personally think those rare acts are not as rare as you might think. Pavement are hitting more of the major fests, like def. one in Chicago (pitchfork or Lolla) and ACl as well. Thom Yorke minus Radiohead is not as big of draw (outside of LA) as people think, same goes for Plastikman and Orbital. It's not like its the Kraftwerk thing in 04 or the Pixies when they first reunited.

But hey if you are buying your ticket then you obviously have nothing to worry about. I'm also saying if you haven't bought your tickets you also have nothing to worry about.
    The Glitter Freeze