Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223 LastLast
Results 601 to 630 of 662

Thread: No single-day tickets?

  1. #601
    Chest Rockwell Gribbz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    ATX
    Posts
    19,927

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by rskapcat View Post
    I have an internet hug for you, Mr. Gribble.
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

    Jamie xx - 8/27 - The Mohawk
    Little Dragon - 8/31 - Moody Theater
    Ty Segall - 9/5 - The Mohawk
    Seth Troxler - 9/5 - Vulcan Gas Company
    Black Lips/King Khan & BBQ Show - 9/12 - J. Lorraine Ghost Town
    DJ Shadow/Cut Chemist - 9/18 - Moody Theater

  2. #602

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    I'm not allowed to hug
    Quote Originally Posted by MassonaBlackEyes View Post
    who the fuck quotes themselves in their sigs?

  3. #603
    Member iammrcandyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    955

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Hey guys I was wondering if there's going to be single day tickets.

  4. #604

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by iammrcandyman View Post
    Hey guys I was wondering if there's going to be single day tickets.

    yeah two weeks before the concert
    check goldenvoices main site
    Quote Originally Posted by MassonaBlackEyes View Post
    who the fuck quotes themselves in their sigs?

  5. #605
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,801

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlTheKiller View Post
    It's funny...At first, I was pissed off about not being able to buy a ticket for Saturday only. But after reading through these threads and seeing how all of the Coachella "die-hards" behave and treat other people, I'm glad I won't be going. Some of you people are the most elitist douchebags I've ever seen. There are more (and generally better) concerts out there than Coachella, get over yourselves. This is the first year that the lineup is actually worth anything, so the arguments about having 10 years to 'try out' the festival are just dumb. It's simple, I've never been because there's never more than 3 or 4 bands total that are worth paying the high price to see. This year, there's about 7 in one day, and about 5 or 6 total from the other 2 days. Anyway, getting back on topic, saying things like that somehow makes me not worthy of attending the festival, when there are bands I'm interested in seeing, in many of your eyes. It's unbelievable how holier-than-thou Coachella "festival fans" can be. Way to perpetuate the stereotype of Coachella goers, guys. I'd rather save my $300+ and see 15-20 other concerts free of this snotty, elitist, douchebaggery. Jeez, and I thought I was judgmental when it came to music. And to those of you that are going to say things like "good riddance" and "we won't miss you", you are the exact people that I'm talking about, and you're proving my point. Just because you go to an expensive music festival out in the middle of fucking nowhere to see a bunch of bands that sound the same for the most part and some shitty DJs, that doesn't make you better than anyone else.

    And for the record, it's 6:40am and I haven't slept yet, thus the incoherent-ness.

    /tired rant.
    You aren't going to go because of a handful of people on an internet message board? Do you think you're going to run into them wherever you are? Out of 40,000+ people?

    Sorry, but that's beyond stupid. Don't try to rationalize why you aren't going. If you can't afford it, can't take off work, etc. then so be it. But to blame it on being disrespected on the boards (or witnessing the disrespect) who gives a shit. The fact of the matter is you are extrapolating a miniscule sample to a very large population.

    I've been going every year since 2001 and guess what: I have fun every year. I see bands I wouldn't normally see. And I chill with my friends. If you aren't interested in those things, don't go. But by voicing that because of a STUPID MESSAGE BOARD you are going to pass...I just don't get it.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  6. #606

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    ive ran into people at of the blue at coachella


    so

    you know

    anything is possible
    Quote Originally Posted by MassonaBlackEyes View Post
    who the fuck quotes themselves in their sigs?

  7. #607

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Wait till people start selling their 3 day passes for cheap and buy one. It's just like buying single days. I can only go Friday and Saturday so I'm already looking for 2 cheap 3 day passes and they're already on craigslist.
    Originally Posted by SEEDYMIG420
    Your right, English is my second language. Ass-kicking is my first.If you want, I can give you a lesson.

  8. #608
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,884

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Let's break this down. You know, for fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by AlTheKiller View Post
    It's funny...At first, I was pissed off about not being able to buy a ticket for Saturday only. But after reading through these threads and seeing how all of the Coachella "die-hards" behave and treat other people, I'm glad I won't be going. Some of you people are the most elitist douchebags I've ever seen. There are more (and generally better) concerts out there than Coachella, get over yourselves.

    Do you know how many idiots such as yourself come trolling through here asking the same ridiculous questions over and over? It would be one thing if the questions weren't something that was addressed in the FAQ or if the answer you got there was vague, but you know what? The FAQ does a good job of covering pretty much everything, so those who come here asking questions they already have the answers to are just retarded and not worth the time. At that point we move into ridicule mode because a) it's fun to get you people riled up, b) you most absolutely deserve it, and c) you will never learn otherwise.


    This is the first year that the lineup is actually worth anything, so the arguments about having 10 years to 'try out' the festival are just dumb. It's simple, I've never been because there's never more than 3 or 4 bands total that are worth paying the high price to see. This year, there's about 7 in one day, and about 5 or 6 total from the other 2 days.

    Ha. HA! Wow. I suppose those other years it completely sold out were just a fluke then huh? Never more than 3 or 4 bands total that you want to see? Guess what, this festival isn't for you. Get the fuck out of here.


    I'd rather save my $300+ and see 15-20 other concerts free of this snotty, elitist, douchebaggery.

    Gee, considering the average show price is now hovering around $20 (and this is before any ticket fees), 20 shows would cost you more than Coachella. Factor in gas and any sort of parking charges for all of those shows and you are well beyond Coachella in terms of cost.


    Just because you go to an expensive music festival out in the middle of fucking nowhere to see a bunch of bands that sound the same for the most part and some shitty DJs, that doesn't make you better than anyone else.

    They all sound the same huh? Please explain to me how Grizzly Bear, Sleigh Bells, Baroness, The Whitest Boy Alive, Fever Ray and Public Image Ltd. sound like each other. And that is just on Friday.


    The best thing to do would be to delete your account and call it a day. This is not a festival that is catered to your needs and it seems pretty obvious that you have no interest in the music, which I have to be honest here, is fucking baffling.

    This one's for you buddy:

    Good riddance.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  9. #609

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by AlTheKiller View Post
    It's funny...At first, I was pissed off about not being able to buy a ticket for Saturday only. But after reading through these threads and seeing how all of the Coachella "die-hards" behave and treat other people, I'm glad I won't be going. Some of you people are the most elitist douchebags I've ever seen. There are more (and generally better) concerts out there than Coachella, get over yourselves. This is the first year that the lineup is actually worth anything, so the arguments about having 10 years to 'try out' the festival are just dumb. It's simple, I've never been because there's never more than 3 or 4 bands total that are worth paying the high price to see. This year, there's about 7 in one day, and about 5 or 6 total from the other 2 days. Anyway, getting back on topic, saying things like that somehow makes me not worthy of attending the festival, when there are bands I'm interested in seeing, in many of your eyes. It's unbelievable how holier-than-thou Coachella "festival fans" can be. Way to perpetuate the stereotype of Coachella goers, guys. I'd rather save my $300+ and see 15-20 other concerts free of this snotty, elitist, douchebaggery. Jeez, and I thought I was judgmental when it came to music. And to those of you that are going to say things like "good riddance" and "we won't miss you", you are the exact people that I'm talking about, and you're proving my point. Just because you go to an expensive music festival out in the middle of fucking nowhere to see a bunch of bands that sound the same for the most part and some shitty DJs, that doesn't make you better than anyone else.

    And for the record, it's 6:40am and I haven't slept yet, thus the incoherent-ness.

    /tired rant.
    I had a longer reply to this, but unlike your post simply failing, mine timed out due to an ISP spike.

    As I now must get ready to go out for the evening, you will get the shorter albeit more direct version.

    How dare Goldenvoice decide it is better for them to save the top label liquor and champagne for those high end hotties invited to the party rather than dealing with the headache of sending drinks to the dick tease party crasher unwilling to put out.

    While they may have only been hoping for a blow job from you from the start, they soon realized you were likely to be a two lick dry tongue 2 minutes anyhow and that their time and efforts are better spent elsewhere.

    But hey, you will sure show them by using your money to attend shows at their other venues!

    Do you hear that Goldenvoice, save your Veuve and Patron and Portishead and Prince like tomfoolery for those silly persons known as your demographic, we one day types are not falling for your diabolical schemes!
    Last edited by Seriously?; 02-14-2010 at 02:00 PM.

  10. #610
    vinylmartyr
    Guest

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    This concert is going to sell out before the doors open. None of the arguments for single day tickets are going to be valid this year.

  11. #611
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post
    In reality they are the most insecure and self conscious folks ever. You know how the internet works right?
    I thank you to exclude me from this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  12. #612
    old school Bud Luster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ciudad de Accion
    Posts
    4,840

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Well, I cant put an asterisk on every post.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

  13. #613
    Member weareyourfriends's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Greater LA
    Posts
    543

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    I'm a die hard Coachella fan (17 years old, attending with family for past 4 years). Although my family/friends are not able to go for all 3 days, I am. I can afford a 3 day pass/lodging/extras, & my parents are letting me go alone. HOWEVER, I won't go until single day tickets are made available. I'm doing this because I'm supporting my friends who can only go for 1 day and because I am INCREDIBLY disappointed in Paul Tollett and Goldenvoice for making this move.

    my instincts are:
    - single day tickets will probably go on sale at some point... not being able to split up 3 day passes + the current recession are among the numerous factors as to why Goldenvoice will be forced to do this
    - there is NO way that this year's lineup will sell out of 3 day passes (even if another mega headliner gets added... I don't see it selling out)

    p.s. Monklish and the rest of the message board cyber-gestapos need to fuck off. There is a special place in hell for those of you who are posting false information in an effort to stop spreading the joy that is Coachella.

  14. #614
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,884

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Well, looks like you're not going then, kid.

    Ticket sales are just fine, and the lineup is great as it always is. I wouldn't hold out hope for single day tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  15. #615
    Member weareyourfriends's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Greater LA
    Posts
    543

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by hawkingvsreeve View Post
    Well, looks like you're not going then, kid.

    Ticket sales are just fine, and the lineup is great as it always is. I wouldn't hold out hope for single day tickets.
    but see...like.. the things is... you're wrong
    and btw, you are one of the message board gestapos... Your posts have an authoritative tone purely because they are condescending. In all actuality, you don't know shit and you act like you do. You are hideous. Be productive. Read a book. Learn to knit. Make an effort to not be a pompous, self-richteous prick. k thnx

  16. #616
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,884

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    <------------- HIDEOUS




    I've been attending since you were 9 years old. I think I have a handle on this whole "Coachella" thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  17. #617
    Member weareyourfriends's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Greater LA
    Posts
    543

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    YOU DO NOT HAVE A HANDLE ON THIS WHOLE COACHELLA THING AND YOU SHOULD STOP ACTING LIKE YOU DO.

  18. #618
    ankle biter guedita's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    EPA
    Posts
    23,178

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Stop acting like you are a martyr for the single ticket system. Some people on this board do know things.

    8/16: Anthony Naples, Maxmillion Dunbar @ f8
    8/18: Man Man @ The Chapel
    8/23-8/24: FYF Fest
    8/30: Peaking Lights @ The Chapel
    9/3: Bear in Heaven @ The Independent
    9/24 - 28: Decibel Festival
    10/5: The War on Drugs, Cass McCombs @ The Fillmore
    10/18-19: Treasure Island Music Festival

  19. #619
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by weareyourfriends View Post
    I'm a die hard Coachella fan (17 years old, attending with family for past 4 years). Although my family/friends are not able to go for all 3 days, I am. I can afford a 3 day pass/lodging/extras, & my parents are letting me go alone. HOWEVER, I won't go until single day tickets are made available. I'm doing this because I'm supporting my friends who can only go for 1 day and because I am INCREDIBLY disappointed in Paul Tollett and Goldenvoice for making this move.

    my instincts are:
    - single day tickets will probably go on sale at some point... not being able to split up 3 day passes + the current recession are among the numerous factors as to why Goldenvoice will be forced to do this
    - there is NO way that this year's lineup will sell out of 3 day passes (even if another mega headliner gets added... I don't see it selling out)

    p.s. Monklish and the rest of the message board cyber-gestapos need to fuck off. There is a special place in hell for those of you who are posting false information in an effort to stop spreading the joy that is Coachella.
    Have fun not attending Coachella. Hope the acoustics are good up on that cross, ******.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  20. #620
    Member weareyourfriends's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Greater LA
    Posts
    543

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Stop acting like you are a martyr for the single ticket system. Some people on this board do know things.
    i didn't say that some people on this board don't :/ ?

  21. #621
    Member weareyourfriends's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Greater LA
    Posts
    543

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Have fun not attending Coachella. Hope the acoustics are good up on that cross, ******.
    Hey you fat fuck scum bag, I enjoy the view from up here! Btw cute hat...whose the real *** here buddy??

  22. #622
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,884

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA



    It really is the gift that keeps on giving.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  23. #623
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    WeAreYourFriends--we are not your friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  24. #624
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,884

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Because we can afford 3 day passes.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  25. #625
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    And we recognize how unbelievably fucking stupid it would look to get all Symbolic Protest to show our support for those poor, unfortunate, downtrodden individuals that have been just crushed under the weight of these barbaric music festival ticketing practices.

    Move the fuck over Haiti--sympathy's got a new name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  26. #626
    Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,884

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    OH MY GOD THE ECONOMY
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

  27. #627
    Member caeden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    wichita, ks
    Posts
    847

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    i have to say that i'm happy that single-day tickets aren't available. this ensures that the only people attending coachella are the ones who want to experience the festival in its entirety(the amazing music, the heat, spicy pie, etc.) and not the ones who come only for the day's headliner, maybe two or three other bands to boot. i had a rather frustrating experience last year with some people who came for paul mccartney. they were bitching to some guy behind them about him "crowding and pushing" them. really? it's an outdoor festival. it comes with the territory. i wanted to ask to see their tickets so i could help them find their proper seats(which obviously didn't exist). instead i decided to ignore them to the best of my ability. eventually, they pushed their way closer to the stage. those people brought nothing to the proverbially table when it came to enhancing the coachella experience. it'll be better off in the end.

  28. #628
    old school Suffacated's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Coachella Baby!
    Posts
    2,756

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by weareyourfriends View Post
    and btw, you are one of the message board gestapos...
    Quote Originally Posted by weareyourfriends View Post
    Btw cute hat...whose the real *** here buddy??
    Look out for hat wearing gestapos.

  29. #629
    Coachella Junkie GuyInTucson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,080

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Quote Originally Posted by weareyourfriends View Post
    I'm a die hard Coachella fan (17 years old, attending with family for past 4 years). Although my family/friends are not able to go for all 3 days, I am. I can afford a 3 day pass/lodging/extras, & my parents are letting me go alone. HOWEVER, I won't go until single day tickets are made available. I'm doing this because I'm supporting my friends who can only go for 1 day and because I am INCREDIBLY disappointed in Paul Tollett and Goldenvoice for making this move.

    my instincts are:
    - single day tickets will probably go on sale at some point... not being able to split up 3 day passes + the current recession are among the numerous factors as to why Goldenvoice will be forced to do this
    - there is NO way that this year's lineup will sell out of 3 day passes (even if another mega headliner gets added... I don't see it selling out)

    p.s. Monklish and the rest of the message board cyber-gestapos need to fuck off. There is a special place in hell for those of you who are posting false information in an effort to stop spreading the joy that is Coachella.

    LOL @ Die-hard coachella fan.

    The diehards are ones that were going to festvals while you were discovering what a boner is.

    If you think they are struggling to sell tickets then I have some beach property in Missouri to sell you.

    "an effort to stop spreading the joy that is Coachella" is what people who don't go for all three days do. You don;t like not having the option of buying one day passes? Don't go.

    I think another boarder said it best - I only want to see a couple of the acts, so I think I should be able to purchase a specific pass that allows me in the festival from 6pm-12 the first night. That's all I am interested in. Wait?!?! That's not an option? Crap, I'm boycotting!

    I hope they never sell one-day passes again so it gets rid of the scorned little douchebags.
    Last edited by GuyInTucson; 02-27-2010 at 03:02 PM.
    10/8 - Little Dragon @ Marquee (Tempe, AZ)
    10/11 - Carolina Chocolate Drops @ Rialto Theater (Tucson, AZ)
    11/10 - The Black Keys @ US Airways Center (Phoenix, AZ)
    4/10/15 - 4/12/15 - Coachella

  30. #630
    Member ErikFlyingV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Bay
    Posts
    750

    Default Re: No single-day tickets?

    Just be glad you had the option to buy single days in the previous years. Things change, and this year, it is only 3 day passes. No need to get riled up. In the end, it is just a concert. Yes, a fucking amazing concert, but still a concert.

    No master corporate plan, no elitist anything. It simply comes down to whether you can afford it or willing to pay and attend it. If not, then that is too bad. If you can, then have fun with us.

    Seriously, all of these cries and mock 'boycotts' are absurd. You never hear people getting this riled up over important issues, but the second tuition fees go up or a festival sells 3 day tickets, the losers come full force online.

    Solution.

    1. Buy a ticket.

    2. Don't buy a ticket.

Similar Threads

  1. SINGLE DAY TICKETS AVAILABLE AGAIN ON TM!
    By patricksw in forum Passes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 08:00 PM
  2. Single Day Tickets on Ticketbastard!
    By imapixie in forum Passes
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 05:35 PM
  3. Need Sat and Sun single day tickets bad
    By localdesertrat in forum Passes
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 01:12 PM
  4. Single day tickets
    By Andreaxyz in forum Passes
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-28-2007, 10:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •