Page 1 of 21 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: No single-day tickets?

Hybrid View

Unhappy No single-day tickets?

Wow this is a bummer.

I've gone all days (3 now, 2 before) for the last 5 years with my sister.

It's been nice that the last 2 years I've been able to bring my kids & wife for Saturday only (awesome in 2008, ok in 2009). Fun to share it with them too.
    Last year, I bet Friday nearly sold out last year just for Paul.

With the lineup announced I'd expect tickets may still be available come showtime although who knows if someone big(ger) is announced in the next 87 days. Looks like one could show up Saturday and buy a ticket for that day, but tough to plan this out without knowing for sure.

To the powers that be - any chance single day tix might come available later on?
    Go Green.
    Coachella '05-'13
    Outside Lands '12-'13

Default Re: No single-day tickets?

whaaa, no that can't be. just wait til friday. they have to sell single days! what the fuck is up with that
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    what happens if someone makes a masturbation while i dancing so fast?
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Ohh are you laughing Lithium??! You are soooo cool. You know so much more than everyone else don't you? Nerd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mbellingham View Post
    Thanks for your comment, Major Asshole (Lithium )

Please sign up on facebook online petition!

No one is going to sign up for your petition. Accept that Coachella has made the change to 3 day only tickets, I have and have chose that the festival and the artists are worth the extra money. If you truly can't make it then I'm sorry, there is always the webcasts and next year.

If anything Coachella is teaching youngsters how to save money... Coachella = Father figure

Quote Originally Posted by darksideofkaos. View Post
    No one is going to sign up for your petition. Accept that Coachella has made the change to 3 day only tickets, I have and have chose that the festival and the artists are worth the extra money. If you truly can't make it then I'm sorry, there is always the webcasts and next year.

If anything Coachella is teaching youngsters how to save money... Coachella = Father figure
    that is how i look at it, it makes it more valuable, and to lower its worth would be bad business. Economy or not.
    "It's in the K" - Martha Stewart

Since the show list is very minimal...
    August 29 // Chemical Brothers w/ Chromeo & Yacht @ Hollywood Bowl
    September 26 // Vampire Weekend w/ Beach House & the Very Best @ Hollywood Bowl
    October 5 // ARCADE FIRE @ Henry Miller Library
    October 13 // Corin Tucker Band @ The El Rey
    (someone should give me Sufjan Stevens tickets, aint got none of those)

Question Re: No single-day tickets?

Yea does anyone have any info on this for single day passes? Im a first timer, and I need to get tickets for Saturday only, but I cant find anything online about it! Im not about to dish out 300 bones for 2 days I wouldnt even enjoy.... help!

i e-mailed coachella, and highly doubt that there won't be single day tickets available. considering also that kroq is launching a contest to win single day tickets as well...
    Ohh are you laughing Lithium??! You are soooo cool. You know so much more than everyone else don't you? Nerd.

http://coachella.com/tickets

"Every person entering festival area, including camp sites, must have a festival pass. A festival pass is ONE wristband for the entire weekend. A 3-day pass ticket will be exchanged for a single wristband upon entry to the event grounds. "
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

Wait, seriously? No single-day tickets?* Sorry, but this is a radical development.

EDIT: *rhetorical shock.
    Last edited by uniform72; 01-19-2010 at 09:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Lion View Post
    My new gay friend who was camping with us banged a small Asian looking Canadian in the porta potty...

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post

"Every person entering festival area, including camp sites, must have a festival pass. A festival pass is ONE wristband for the entire weekend. A 3-day pass ticket will be exchanged for a single wristband upon entry to the event grounds. "
    So does this mean we can't take our wristbands off all weekend? They're gonna be pretty filthy and thrashed come sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravingmad View Post
    So does this mean we can't take our wristbands off all weekend? They're gonna be pretty filthy and thrashed come sunday.
    lol.

and if you aren't joking, then yes we cannot take the wristbands off. For previous years if you camp you wear a wristband all three days. It won't be as dirty as your conscious will be.

Quote Originally Posted by El.C.Dub View Post
    lol.

It won't be as dirty as your conscious will be.
    i fucking loled.

Quote Originally Posted by El.C.Dub View Post
    lol.

and if you aren't joking, then yes we cannot take the wristbands off. For previous years if you camp you wear a wristband all three days. It won't be as dirty as your conscious will be.
    Jesus, I camped in 06 and I didn't even remember wearing a wristband all three days until you mentioned it. Too many "substances" that year, I suppose...

I've camped every year I've gone. You get wristbands for that. It's not like the crappy paper ones you get for the Heineken area. They will hold up and even make a great souvenir at the end of it.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

This was my experience for the past two years when I attended as a member of the media. The press wristbands were paper, and by Sunday it was looking pretty flimsy and unsavory. I worried each night when I took a post-festival shower that it might disintegrate, but it managed to stay in one piece both years.

I was grateful for the single day passes last year, because I bought one for Friday and took my daughter to see Paul McCartney/Los Campesinos!/Franz Ferdinand.
    Quote Originally Posted by garspaceman View Post
    well hello my fancy pants.

Ok, and I see where it says tickets will be sold on site...but there still wont be single day tickets sold on sight? Even if it's now Saturday or Sunday people have to pay full price? Maybe I missed something on that page.
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

2013 = 12 Coachellas

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    use some common sense you asshats

Quote Originally Posted by Sonicifyouwantit View Post
    Ok, and I see where it says tickets will be sold on site...but there still wont be single day tickets sold on sight? Even if it's now Saturday or Sunday people have to pay full price? Maybe I missed something on that page.

you didn't miss anything and PF doesn't know. emails to GV return back blanket "no's" when asked if they were selling single day tickets now or in the future.

i think we all came to an agreement that if they sell-out the three day packages than thats it- no tixs day of.

if they don't sell out the 3 day pkgs. then they'll sell wristbands on the day of the event at the ticket booth at coachella for a corresponding price (that is unknown/unannounced at this point.) im sure all parties will have to be present for their wristbands to be put on at the booth to deter reselling. but then you could come and go as you please.

if they are underselling 3 day pkgs. then they'll figure out (or already have) a contingency plan where they will sell single day passes online... but thats a bit iffy at best....

this of course is all speculation and im in no way employed by GV or an authority on the subject- its just the best guess based upon the info i've gathered from this thread, the FAQ, and PF's replies here and elsewhere...

that was there even before the site changed. maybe it's something they missed.

hi, i'm pf. i am the online marketing manager at gv. i put the info on the website. that info was not there before the site changed. it is new for 2010.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

hi, i'm pf. i am the online marketing manager at gv. i put the info on the website. that info was not there before the site changed. it is new for 2010.
    wait, "online marketing manager?" i thought you were the "sarcastic forum moderator."
    Quote Originally Posted by elChurro View Post
    Perry lives beneath the polo grounds. A ritual must be performed for his awakening but only after a band/dj/performance art cancellation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mammoth85 View Post
    Perhaps an appropriate conversation starter would have been: "pardon me sir, would you mind taking your finger out of your girlfriends asshole? We're trying to enjoy LCD Soundsystem."

hey! thanks!
    ciao<3

and is all kinds of AWESOME! Snarky, biting, fun and to the point!
    "The Coachella Valley wasn't always like this, there's been a great many changes made since I came here some 67 years ago"

sigh...why would they not sell single day tickets? i have to pay 269+ for two days attendance :|

by the way, thanks for the clarification, pf.

wearing a wristband for 3 days isn't a big deal...

not being able to buy single day tickets kinda is a big deal........

Quote Originally Posted by zimmy1222 View Post
    wearing a wristband for 3 days isn't a big deal...

not being able to buy single day tickets kinda is a big deal........
    yah, fucking bullshit. whatever, its what i worked for i guess. 269+. gasp. they won't sell out hopefully?

Especially in this economy! Who in the hell has $269 laying around! And Jay-Z, what are they thinking? Does he really fit it with the vibe of coachella? I don't think so. Not meaning to offend anyone but Coachella has been historically for the alternative music crowd.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by charipeep View Post
    Especially in this economy! Who in the hell has $269 laying around! And Jay-Z, what are they thinking? Does he really fit it with the vibe of coachella? I don't think so. Not meaning to offend anyone but Coachella has been historically for the alternative music crowd.
    Do you people even look at the other 100 or so names on the poster?
    last.fm
    10/22/14 - TV On The Radio @ Regent // 11/9/14 - Bad Religion @ Mayan // 11/14/14 - Death From Above 1979 @ Regent // 11/16/14 - Lucero @ Echo

Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Do you people even look at the other 100 or so names on the poster?
    This!

Quote Originally Posted by charipeep View Post
    Historically, it's been a predominantly DJ and electronic music festival, so Jay-Z fits better into that scheme than anything you're considering to be more Coachella-esque.
    *based upon tedious fact checking.