Thread: No Calvin Harris...

Default No Calvin Harris...

Playing some fest in the UK Coachella weekend. I thought maybe based on the release of "Ready for the Weekend" late last year he'd be ready for Coachella weekend... guess not. I'm sure you're all devastated.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Default Re: No Calvin Harris...

Thats too bad. Not that big of a fan, but I prolly would have enjoyed his set
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

I'm kinda dissapointed because of my lineup pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

Yeah I didn't know much about him in '08, and missed his set. I like a lot of his music, so it would be cool to see him perform it with a backing band (like he did in '08). But I see he plays a lot of DJ sets. Not sure if I'd be as excited for that.
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveChemicalPunk View Post
    I'm kinda dissapointed because of my lineup pool.
    I got the info looking at his myspace. It lists that UK fest date as 4/17, but nothing for months before or after. Maybe he's willing to make a long commute hehe.
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

GOOD! His new production is terrible and he tours with people like Paul Oakenfold now, so i am happy he isn't going to be there. Real dissapointed by his change of style, I Created Disco was a great album followed up by trancy progressive house, what a sell out.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    GOOD! His new production is terrible and he tours with people like Paul Oakenfold now, so i am happy he isn't going to be there. Real dissapointed by his change of style, I Created Disco was a great album followed up by trancy progressive house, what a sell out.
    I kinda agree... I like "I Created Disco" better, but still like "Ready for the Weekend"
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.

Quote Originally Posted by Distorted_Jungle View Post
    What exactly or your thoughts on the track "I am not Alone"? Just out of curiosity.

You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by fiopadp7791 View Post
    I kinda agree... I like "I Created Disco" better, but still like "Ready for the Weekend"

Ready for the Weekend is a good song, nothing against that track. If you are into D'n'B at all you should check out the High Contrast remix of "Ready for the Weekend" its 10x better than the original, but i love D'n'B so that might be why i feel that way.

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    What exactly or your thoughts on the track "I am not Alone"? Just out of curiosity.

That would be the "trancy progressive house" i was referring too. I would probably dance to it, and it's an ok progressive track, but not after your first album was awesome disco tunes. I only hate on it for that reason, just seems like a "progressive makes more money so i will produce that" kind of switch.

So would you say he "sold out" or just changed his style up? Often they go hand n hand.

I didn't really listen to his first album so I cant say, but I like the fact he fucks around with disco.

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    So would you say he "sold out" or just changed his style up? Often they go hand n hand.

I didn't really listen to his first album so I cant say, but I like the fact he fucks around with disco.

It's hard to say because i don't personally know him, but from the fans point of view it seems like he sold out, but he could have just grown more fond of the progressive sound. I think his debut album "I Created Disco" is a great production album and would love to see him do that album live, but it's like listening to a metal band for a while then they come out with an album that sounds like Nickel Back.

Like his work but his voice live is pretty awful. His DJset at Vanguard a few months back was fun also

Expect to see him at EDC
    UNDERWORLD - 2015 - THE PRODIGY

His Coachella set in '08 was one of the big surprises of the weekend for me. I had no idea who he was and his live set was so much fun and the music was awesome! I instantly became a fan of I Created Disco. I have been wanting to see him again live, but he does not look to come to the states very often, and when he does, it's only DJ sets. Not as much of a fan of the new album either...

Banned

Calvin Harris is one of those DJ/Producers that produces great music, but his mixes aren't that great.