Thread: Any bets on Chromeo for 2010?

Default Any bets on Chromeo for 2010?

Cuz they do have some new material coming out soon...
    Coachella '10
    The Muse/Gorillaz/Peter Gabriel/Soundgarden/Basement Jaxx/Royksopp/The Very Best/Atlas Sound/Antlers/Camera Obscura/The XX/Roisin Murphy/JJ/Suckers/Girls/LCD Soundsystem/Bloody Beetroots/Goldfrapp/Fatboy Slim & David Byrne/Broken Bell/Phoenix/Fever Ray/Dirty Projectors/Lady Gaga/Japandroids/Chromeo/St. Vincent/Micachu and the Shapes/Numero#/Devo/Scissor Sisters/Wild Beasts

Banned

Default Re: Any bets on Chromeo for 2010?

I hope they're not there, they're boring as shit live.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Saying 'they're boring as shit' is a vicious lie but I will concede that using a 10pm spot on them in 2008 was lame. After ~6pm I'd rather go in another direction.

Banned

ok, sorry, maybe not "boring as shit" but they've never woo'd me live. I always kinda walk away going "eh."

Quote Originally Posted by boarderwoozel3 View Post
    Saying 'they're boring as shit' is a vicious lie but I will concede that using a 10pm spot on them in 2008 was lame. After ~6pm I'd rather go in another direction.
    Its either/or with them. Personally, I didn't like their Coachella set, but they rocked when I saw them at Lolla the same year, and they were awesome last year during their DJ Kicks gig in Hollywood.
    Coachella '10
    The Muse/Gorillaz/Peter Gabriel/Soundgarden/Basement Jaxx/Royksopp/The Very Best/Atlas Sound/Antlers/Camera Obscura/The XX/Roisin Murphy/JJ/Suckers/Girls/LCD Soundsystem/Bloody Beetroots/Goldfrapp/Fatboy Slim & David Byrne/Broken Bell/Phoenix/Fever Ray/Dirty Projectors/Lady Gaga/Japandroids/Chromeo/St. Vincent/Micachu and the Shapes/Numero#/Devo/Scissor Sisters/Wild Beasts

Quote Originally Posted by archimmes View Post
    Its either/or with them. Personally, I didn't like their Coachella set, but they rocked when I saw them at Lolla the same year, and they were awesome last year during their DJ Kicks gig in Hollywood.

Ha, I saw both of those sets as well and preferred Lolla too. They're a funish-for-a-few-songs act. No more, no less. Certainly shouldn't use night production on them, that's for damn sure.

Ha, I saw both of those sets as well and preferred Lolla too. They're a funish-for-a-few-songs act. No more, no less. Certainly shouldn't use night production on them, that's for damn sure.
    And when seeing them live, I prefer to be able to move around at least a bit like I did at Lolla and not packed inside Sahara like a sardine in a can with a bunch of pre-schoolers who never even heard of them before. Come to think of it, I stayed for that entire set only cuz I wanted a good spot for Justice set that followed right after.
    Coachella '10

More like Chrome-NO! Get it?

These guys were interesting for a second...now it's just overboard gimmicky.

And when seeing them live, I prefer to be able to move around at least a bit like I did at Lolla and not packed inside Sahara like a sardine in a can with a bunch of pre-schoolers who never even heard of them before. Come to think of it, I stayed for that entire set only cuz I wanted a good spot for Justice set that followed right after.
    I was just about to say. I had mild interest in Chromeo mostly because a close friend loves them but I was there for Justice. My favorite Sahara set that day was Modeselektor. They killed it.

Quote Originally Posted by DFranklin View Post
    More like Chrome-NO! Get it?

These guys were interesting for a second...now it's just overboard gimmicky.
    Coachella '10

Coachella '10
    Fail.

Fail.
    You'd be there in a millisecond and you know it, don't even try to deny it.
    Coachella '10

Banned

Fail.
    re-iterating for emphasis.

fail!

I hope they're there...they are an awesome festival band.

Banned

What delusional dimension are you stuck in?

They ruined Sunday night two years ago. My friend and I were in the tent screaming CHRO-Me-No-More!

Chromeo sucks.

See how full of himself the lead singer is. This is the video for their new single. At first I thought the video was kind of a joke but..... I dunno, just see for yourself.

Its a fucking joke, I met this asshole in real life, and he is just a douche. They have some fun shows, but seriously just look at this asshole.
    Last edited by juloxx; 01-17-2010 at 11:58 AM.
    G-funk acquired, thank you Coachella

Quote Originally Posted by Theijuiel View Post
    Don't watch Conspiracy Theory while on mushrooms.
    You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

I have yet to see them live and have only seen Youtubes from their show at the key club. So yeah I advocate this idea
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

Coachella 08 set sucked hardcore. Audiotistic 09 was pretty fun. So im undecided.

old school

Their new single is SUCH a rip off of Eye of the Tiger, just sayin'
    I am neither foxy, nor a lady.

Neil Young - Kanye West - Beck - PJ Harvey - The Knife - Basement Jaxx - Tom Waits - Shpongle (Live) - Flying Lotus (Live) - The Avalanches - Autechre - Eels - Fat Freddy's Drop - Liquid Liquid - OFWGKTA - Freddie Gibbs - Big K.R.I.T. - Phantogram - Christian Scott - Nosaj Thing - Gold Panda - James Blake

For 2011

Fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by cooperb1 View Post
    fail!
    please learn to compose a complete sentence.

Coachella Junkie Drinkey McDrinkerstein's Avatar

i'm not sure what makes their sets vary in quality so much, but I had a blast during their set in '08
    last.fm
    6/15/14 Failure - Glasshouse // 7/9/14 Cloud Nothings/Metz - Roxy
    7/16/14 Planes Mistaken For Stars - Echo // 8/23-24/14 FYF Fest - Expo Park //8/25/14 Nine Inch Nails - Hollywood Bowl // 9/12-14/14 Riotfest - Humboldt Park, Chicago, IL
    9/18/14 Neutral Milk Hotel - Hollywood Bowl

Yeah, their set in 2008 was the biggest festival buzzkill ever. You had Modeselektor, SMD and Justice. And thrown in the middle is...Chromeo??? Ugh. I'm still mad about having to sit through that snooze fest.

Their set in 08 was meh but their show at the Fonda a few months later was great. I hope they come back.
    12/6: Japandroids/DIIV
    1/10: Mister Lies/Matthewdavid

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Its a fucking joke, I met this asshole in real life, and he is just a douche. They have some fun shows, but seriously just look at this asshole.
    I too met him (David) and Patrick couple years ago after their show and they were very nice and pleasant to me and my friends, so most likely, its you that sucks, and so does your opinion.
    Coachella '10

I too met him (David) and Patrick couple years ago after their show and they were very nice and pleasant to me and my friends, so most likely, its you that sucks, and so does your opinion.
    Oh!
    You know him by his first name, you guys must have such a deep connection.

Fool I was spitting game at this girl, and this fool just butts in, said some stupid ass shit and just started a conversation with somebody else right away before anyone could even respond. So eat a dick you 12 year old

God knows why you got so butthurt over that. Sounds like you guys got along a little too well.

You know a festival is in the process of dying when you start to see sports jerseys there....

Quote Originally Posted by juloxx View Post
    Oh!
    You know him by his first name, you guys must have such a deep connection.

Fool I was spitting game at this girl, and this fool just butts in, said some stupid ass shit and just started a conversation with somebody else right away before anyone could even respond. So eat a dick you 12 year old

God knows why you got so butthurt over that. Sounds like you guys got along a little too well.
    Guys were nice to me and my buddies after the show, that's all i said. I'm so sorry that you're such an uninteresting nobody that he didn't pay enough attention to your dicklick dumbass or your whore girl, so maybe next time don't hold such high expectations?
    Coachella '10

Guys were nice to me and my buddies after the show, that's all i said. I'm so sorry that you're such an uninteresting nobody that he didn't pay enough attention to your dicklick dumbass or your whore girl, so maybe next time don't hold such high expectations?