Thread: You Can Spin A Half Hour Set At Coachella

Default You Can Spin A Half Hour Set At Coachella

Apparently, if you can get twelve people to peddle some of those annoying energy bikes for you. http://www.mnn.com/lifestyle/ecollyw...t-at-coachella

Love to DJ — and have a dozen friends who love to hear you DJ enough to run on hamster wheels in hot weather? Then get in touch with eco-educational nonprofit Global Inheritance for your chance to spin a half-hour set at Coachella.

The last time I went to Coachella Music & Art Festival was in 2005 — and I remember a lot of traffic and a lot of trash. But the last few years, the popular music fest’s been slowly greened up by Global Inheritance, which combines art, fun, and play to promote environmental concerns.

You may remember Global Inheritance for its environmental theme park Environmentaland or its Re:cycled Tweets social media fundraiser. Thanks to the nonprofit, concertgoers have been able to get to Coachella by train, charge up cell phones with bicycle power and enjoy eco-themed art installations.

This year, Global Inheritance plans to make even more green noise at Coachella with the Sweat Shop, an initiative that gives eco-minded DJs a chance to spin on equipment juiced up by human power. Would-be DJs have to recruit a dozen friends to ride bikes and see-saws, turn hand cranks, and run on hamster wheels to power their music career, literally!

Have 12 friends ready to sweat it out at Coachella? Email sweatshopMIXER@globalinheritance.org with your website for consideration. If you’re chosen, you’ll need to reserve your spot with a $50 deposit — which will be refunded after you and your friends successfully power and perform your set.

More of a quiet visual artist than a noise-making DJ? Then help green up Coachella by redesigning the 96-gallon recycling bins for Global Inheritance’s getTRASHED program — so that people won’t be able to resist using them. Email coachella@globalinheritance.org with a link to your artwork, concept, or website. On Jan. 31, Global Inheritance will pick 20 designs plus 5 alternates — and the artists will get tickets and VIP tickets to Coachella. After the big weekend, the redesigned bins will be placed in Southern California schools to inspire a new generation of recyclers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

Default Re: You Can Spin A Half Hour Set At Coachella

So, basically, it's the organization that decides the final winners, and not Goldenvoice, or...Heaven forbid, Le' Creme de' Le Critiques here on the message board?
    I've been known to trash a place up with my art before...why not try for free tickets?
    Last edited by BROKENDOLL; 01-14-2010 at 10:05 PM.
    Long live the rave tent! Die Hippy Scum.

looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

DJ Nipples (Live Set)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Dylanja View Post
    DJ Nipples (Live Set)
    Could that mean the Crookers were opening for him? I bet it could.
    Long live the rave tent! Die Hippy Scum.

Count me in to peddle for DJ Nipples. I would recommend he start with that jazzy dubstep theme to Barney Miller.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

old school

didn't they already have a place you could spin for half an hour last year?

in an A/C'd tent with electricity?

it was right next to the atms and the autograph booth (in front of the Gobi).. they even had some guys who would teach you if you didn't know shit..
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    Daft Punk will unveil its third member, Crush.

"I've Got a Feeling" that some "Sexy Bitch" is gonna just bring a "Pjanoo"
    1 Coachella before I got sober, 7 since. I support both versions. If you wanna do the sober version, roll with us:
    Click Soberchella 2013 for meeting details
    -------------------------------

has anyone gotten a reply from this?
    Chicken pot, chicken pot, chicken pot piiiieeeeeeeee!

Nope. Emailed them like 3 or 4 weeks ago too with some questions about type of decks, if you could bring your own music, and heard nothing. We have all of the people and a fucking great DJ who wants to do it but oh well.

Thumbs down Re: You Can Spin A Half Hour Set At Coachella

Totally forgot about this little qualm...

Why the fuck was this between the Mohave and Sahara? Just added more random sound bleeding. Should have been by the front entrance to drown out the KROQ Tent.

I'm not saying the music was bad, most of it was okay, but I'm sure most people do enjoy chilling in front of the cubitron, and listening to the Sahara Tent go off.