Thread: Offical I Love CraftBrewed Beer and I wanna talk about it Thread

Exclamation Offical I Love CraftBrewed Beer and I wanna talk about it Thread

Sorry for remaking a old Thread but it's been bothering me for sometime that it was in a music lounge section.

Here something for you TomaZ : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microbrewery

Soon as more information comes out about camping I would like to organize a beer geek show and tell where everyone bring a beer from their region and so we can all enjoy beers that we haven't had.And you can't try the beers unless you bring a beer.

Personally I like to put out my favorite breweries right now are in no particular order;
    Dales Brothers(Upland),Lighting Brewery(Poway),Craftman Brewery(Pasadena),AleSmith(Miramar).
    Last edited by getbetter; 01-14-2010 at 05:04 PM.
    Translation

Quote Originally Posted by WhyTheLongFace View Post
    Still pretty serious about this.

Jack White @ Bill .... 08/22/14
    FYF @ LA Sport Area 08/23 - 08/24/14
    Swans @ The Independent 08/08/14
    Decibel Festival @ Seattle 09/24 - 09/28/14
    War on Drugs @ Fillmore 10/05/14
    Death From Above 1979 @ The Independent 11/17/14

Last.fm

Default Re: Offical I Love CraftBrewed Beer and I wanna talk about it Thread

"craftbrew" is not a real word. It is a word dreamed up by marketing/PR folks to sell product. repeating it in normal conversation in an unironic way makes you sound like a shill. I don't think you intend it that way so you get a free pass, but I'm just sayin'.

also, the old thread just talked about 'good' beer. what's wrong with 'good'? Good is a word everyone knows and is more intuitive than 'craftbrew'. Also there are some beers that are mass factory produced that are very good (Guinness) and there are some beers that are 'craftbrewed' that really aren't very good at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

I enjoy "good" beer. I don't enjoy "not good" beer.

morning shaun.
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Morning Tom.

Let's be honest, I like not good beer a lot of the time, too.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

If it's free, I'll have another please.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    "craftbrew" is not a real word. It is a word dreamed up by marketing/PR folks to sell product. repeating it in normal conversation in an unironic way makes you sound like a shill. I don't think you intend it that way so you get a free pass, but I'm just sayin'.

also, the old thread just talked about 'good' beer. what's wrong with 'good'? Good is a word everyone knows and is more intuitive than 'craftbrew'. Also there are some beers that are mass factory produced that are very good (Guinness) and there are some beers that are 'craftbrewed' that really aren't very good at all.
    All this is true, except that "good" is subjective. I wound up manning the bar at a business networking social once. The guy who was paying for it was not a beer guy, so I was expecting to be serving Bud Light. But I was surprised that he had bought a keg of Skinny Dip and a keg of whatever New Belgium's Pilsner is. (Blue Paddle?) Both pretty safe choices...it's not like he got a Porter or something. Anyway, at least half of these otherwise intelligent, cultured people wound up walking away disappointed because they only know Bud Light.

To make matters worse, Skinny Dip is actually a "light" beer...a low carb summer brew. At first, when people asked for "whichever one is lighter", I would give them a Skinny Dip. Most of them would make a sour face when they saw it. Eventually, I realized that "light" is code word for "flavorless & urine colored" and that they didn't really care about calories, and started handing them the pilsner, figuring that it was closer to what they wanted. (Even that was too much for some of them.)

Anyway, to those people, "good" vs "crap" means Bud vs Olympia. And for that matter, I'd probably take Olympia.

I know what you mean, Sparks, but it's pointless to discuss how people who don't really like beer feel about different brands of beer. IMO.

It was in the music lounge because it existed before they broke the music lounge and the misc lounge apart.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I know what you mean, Sparks, but it's pointless to discuss how people who don't really like beer feel about different brands of beer. IMO.
    Good point. Anyone who only drinks Bud isn't going to be interested enough to enter the thread, even if they think that's "good"

I hope people who drink bud come to this thread and start trying to open their minds to try different beers
    Translation

Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    I hope people who drink bud come to this thread and start trying to open their minds to try different beers
    Keep hoping buddy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

LOL .. I'm going open a Cali-Beligum IPA from Stone tonight possibly later tonight.
    Translation

Last.fm

I love how you all overlook the "offical" thread...

what do u mean
    Translation

Last.fm

Best Thread Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    I love how you all overlook the "offical" thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by getbetter View Post
    what do u mean
    lol
    Quote Originally Posted by morelifefucker View Post
    The drugs dont work as well on sunday as they worked on friday.

Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    Eventually, I realized that "light" is code word for "flavorless & urine colored"
    QFT

I have found the best way to switch bad beer drinkers to good beer drinkers is starting them off with a good Hefeweizen, it's still light enough in color to not scare them, and the flavor isn't too far removed from what they are use to. Then once they like that and get to be a little more open to trying something else you move on to a tasty brown, next thing you know they will be sipping a porter with the rest of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowMotionApocalypse View Post
    I have snuck in weapons before
    A butt plug is not a weapon.

yeah a good hefeweizen is appreciated by most people. I would suggest a hoegaarden
    Translation

Last.fm