Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 88

Thread: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    887

    Default Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    Something for posters who actually know what's up.

    My poll disappeared, but whatever. Unofficial status:

    Pangaea - Memories
    Joy Orbison - Hyph Mngo
    Untold - I Can't Stop This Feeling
    Computer Jay - Distance
    Cooly G - Narst
    Joker & Ginz - Purple City
    2000F & J Kamata - You Don't Know What Love Is
    James Blake - Air & Lack Thereof
    Kode9 - Black Sun
    Instra:mental - Watching You

    Had there been an actual poll, there would have been no "other" choice for braindeads to post about wobble-step or how much they hate Dubstep.
    Last edited by Robototron; 01-09-2010 at 09:22 PM.

  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    You know, the one that sounds exactly like all the other ones. Yeah, that one's awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    887

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    You know, the one that sounds exactly like all the other ones. Yeah, that one's awesome.
    Yes, this



    and this



    sound exactly alike.

    I'm sure when this board finally gets around to hyping Dubstep (maybe when Boys Noize starts playing it for you?) you'll see the differences.

  4. #4
    old school CrimesceneCookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?


  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    887

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    lol it's actually kind of sad how retarded this board is being

    Are you so caught up in appearing "hip" and "cool" that you couldn't take the time to listen to a 4-minute Youtube clip?

    Or do you really think that Untold and 2000F & J Kamata (or Joy Orbison which I posted in the other thread) are just hipster bullshit (if you do I'd like to meet these hipsters).

  6. #6
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    They do sound remarkably similar in that they're two of the most boring fucking things I've ever heard. Jesus Christ.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    887

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    They do sound remarkably similar in that they're two of the most boring fucking things I've ever heard. Jesus Christ.
    Good one!

    What did you like in 2009?

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    Not that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    887

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Not that.
    You're not doing very well with these jokes.

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    There's nothing funny about this. There's also nothing musical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    887

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    There's nothing funny about this. There's also nothing musical.
    lol now you're going to play that game

    How about instead of talking shit about a genre you clearly have no interest in knowing anything about just because it's "trendy" to dislike you actually talk about something you enjoy, or is that too hard for you to do?

  12. #12
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    It's much less fun to talk about what I like than to make fun of what you like. As far as best tracks of 09, I don't really stay on top of this shit as it comes out, but here's a song that was vastly better than both of those pieces of shit. Naturally it isn't dubstep, y'know, 'cause I don't suck.

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    887

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    I'm not even going to comment on that, but I guess I can understand why you found those two tracks "boring" if that's what you're looking for on a dancefloor.

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    Oh, you mean danceable music?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    887

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Oh, you mean danceable music?
    That sounded more like rock-influenced machismo to me, but sure, if that's how you dance.

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    Quote Originally Posted by Robototron View Post
    That sounded more like rock-influenced machismo to me, but sure, if that's how you dance.
    rock-influenced? Are you fucking retarded? It's nothing but synth and bass, how the fuck is it rock-influenced, dipshit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  17. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    887

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    rock-influenced? Are you fucking retarded? It's nothing but synth and bass, how the fuck is it rock-influenced, dipshit?
    You do understand that by rock-influenced I didn't mean that the song was played with guitars, as that would make it a rock song.

  18. #18
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    ... naturally, yes. What I fail to understand is what aspect of the song resembles a rock song to you, Cunt Features.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  19. #19
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    See, some EDM does actually incorporate guitar synths, samples of rock music, etc. But since that song possesses neither that nor any other factors that might suggest it's similar to a rock song, I have to ask what the fuck is wrong with you?
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    887

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    ... naturally, yes. What I fail to understand is what aspect of the song resembles a rock song to you, Cunt Features.
    Ok, apparently you've never heard a guitar riff before.

    Tell me, how do you even dance to that? Because I imagine it more resembles headbanging and pogoing around and such than any real "dancing" (at least, not as it relates to most genres of EDM).

    The song is even called "Rock It." You're doing this to fuck with me, aren't you?
    Last edited by Robototron; 01-09-2010 at 10:32 PM.

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    ... yes. Because the song has the word "rock" in the title, obviously it sounds like a rock song. Did you actually listen to it for long than 40 seconds you putz? And as far as the dancing question goes, right back at ya, chump. Dubstep shows are nothing but arm waving faggotry. Have you ever been to a dnb show? I assume yes. Have you seen people dance there? That's how you dance to it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  22. #22
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    887

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    ... yes. Because the song has the word "rock" in the title, obviously it sounds like a rock song. Did you actually listen to it for long than 40 seconds you putz? And as far as the dancing question goes, right back at ya, chump. Dubstep shows are nothing but arm waving faggotry. Have you ever been to a dnb show? I assume yes. Have you seen people dance there? That's how you dance to it.
    I've heard Jungle & DnB and clubs, but nothing even close to Sub Focus. I bet you like Pendulum, too?

    Are you seriously this thick that you didn't realize that obvious rock influence that song has, just because it tosses in a breakbeat sample?

    Also, you've obviously never heard any real Dubstep or you would know that by the end of it half the DJs end up playing Jungle anyway (because, get this, the two are closely related).

  23. #23
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    I've actually never seen a set segue from dubstep into jungle or dnb. Seen the reverse much to my chagrin, but never that way.

    The main beat of that song sounds absolutely nothing like any rock song. If you're talking about the intro, that's a pretty simplistic way to try to deride what's actually a funk line. Listen to it again, it's the same tonal pattern as Robot Rock, which is lifted from a funk song called Release The Beast. Nothing rock-oriented about it whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  24. #24
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    Then again, I don't actually hang around a dubstep set for very long. You know, 'cause I'm not a tasteless ******.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  25. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    887

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    lol it's sort of hilarious and also somewhat revealing that not only is your favorite tune of 09 super macho (there's even a wobbly bit!), but you keep attacking Dubstep for being gay/for faggots/whatever

    Anyway, you're ruining my thread and I don't really want to hear about how little you understand music anymore, so please go away.
    Last edited by Robototron; 01-09-2010 at 11:00 PM.

  26. #26
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    Fast forward to 1:40, numbskull. And no, I do not believe that a funk song sounds like a rock song just because it has the word "rock" in the title. And no, the beginning of Rock It does not sound like a guitar either. It sounds like a fucking keyboard. Which it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  27. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    887

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?


  28. #28
    Coachella Junkie Monklish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    8,538

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    Guess what? Nobody gives a fuck.
    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Fuck you and fuck Haiti.

  29. #29
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    887

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    Quote Originally Posted by Monklish View Post
    Guess what? Nobody gives a fuck.
    Did you not get enough attention as a kid? Or do you just like people to think you're one by constantly trolling.

  30. #30

    Default Re: Best Dubstep tune of 09?

    At what point is it cool to bandwagon jump? I mean wasn't your thing last year minimal techno? At least minimal techno was never hyped, unless you were in Europe. What will your genre of choice be next year?

    The funny thing is, you claim yet again to be ahead of the curve of popular EDM and this board, yet dubstep is by far the "hippest" genre right now. Hit any underground dubstep night where I'm from and try not to find someone that looks like jesus in a hoodie and tight jeans.

    I have nothing against dubstep. Best music to chill with a joint in my opinion, or even to mix up an EDM set. A good sweaty dark warehouse dubstep night rules. Although you know what it reminds me of, A D&B or Jungle night in the 90's. There is absolutely no difference. Yet you rag on Monklish for continuing to like D&B because he actually had a reason to like it in the first place while you move on to the next genre because it's the cool thing to do.

    Good music is good music. Those 10 tracks above will always be good music (to some) yet if you catch someone listening to them in 10 years you will look down on them. Get a life.
    Last edited by Mordecai; 01-09-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Tune into 98.7 for line up now
    By Blinken in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 752
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 08:15 AM
  2. Tune into my online radio show
    By omg wtf bbq in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-17-2007, 01:08 PM
  3. Tune into my online radio show!!!!!!!!!!
    By omg wtf bbq in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 01:53 PM
  4. Bob Dylan Hour (Tune in!)
    By omg wtf bbq in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 07:36 PM
  5. Tune into my online radio show if you're bored!!!
    By omg wtf bbq in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 04-02-2007, 02:50 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •